• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

ffdgh

Outrage Arcanine? I wonder if Choice Scarf + Intimidate will make him a good Dragon revenge killer.

And why the helll aren't Salamence and Gyarados getting anything new?

well mence will have access to the Ddance/outrage move tutors again with moxie..... what more does he need lol.

Frost_Ace

Outrage Arcanine? I wonder if Choice Scarf + Intimidate will make him a good Dragon revenge killer.

And why the helll aren't Salamence and Gyarados getting anything new?

Salamence got outrage with moxie and that is already too much.

Gyarados got bounce with moxie which is kinda gud.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
is that even enough to make him a threat? His base offense is so low.

Is sky uppercut new for Gliscor? I wonder if it might be worth using.

Two shell smashes would triple his attack/Sp att/speed, while halving his defense/special defense.

A shuckle with positive nature in Sp Att or Attack and max evs for that stat would jump to 390 in that stat after 2 shell smashes.

Base defense would drop to somewhere in the 250-300 range I believe.

One shell smash would make that 260 offensive stat, ~375 defensive stats. (one stage drop = 67%, two stage boosts = 200%).

I take it Garchomp was a bit overpowered in competitive circles?

Kinda wish Leafeon would get more physically damaging Grass attacks since his attack seems to be better than his special attack.

Wichu

Kinda wish Leafeon would get more physically damaging Grass attacks since his attack seems to be better than his special attack.

Leaf Blade is all you need. 90 power, 100 accuracy, high critical hit rate is really good already.

EDIT: Beaten like Flareon.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I didn't realise that the Main Characters in BW2 have swimwear on underneath?!
bw2_babes_by_namie_kun-d54jite.jpg
By Namie-kun

MikeMyers

Flareon should get Technician

Flame Charge (which also boosts his Speed), Bite, Rock Smash, Baton Pass.

FLAREON WOULD KICK ASS....
maybe in the NU metagame

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

It's very hard to take out a garchomp without losing a pokemon yourself. There's only a few reliable checks to Garchomp (Mewtwo, Cresseelia, choice-scarf abomasnow, lugia, darkrai, and a few others), and garchomp will at least be able to heavily damage or outright beat most of them with a choice scarf set

Firestorm

Oh shit. Event starters in Japan for BW2.
Bulbasaur with Weather Ball.
Charmander with Acrobatics.
Squirtle with Follow Me.

:eek:

Slermy

Honestly if you trade online it's so easy to get a shiny they're not even rare.

Some of us have never seen a shiny in game. And if you trade, you can't name them.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the bottom battle screen looks any different? I always thought it looked odd and was hoping it'd get some aesthetic tweaks.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I've only seen two shiny pokemans, a rattata and a mareep. But those were on my original Gold cartridge which has long since bitten the dust :(

So this new Shining charm is soooo good :D

I can only imagine the disappointment in the minor increase in shiny finding odds the shining charm item will grant, but damn it wont stop me from wearing it.

Top Bottom