• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

Perhaps they added all the post game content because they thought it was the last Pokemon game they would make.

Talking about the second generation...but that's just my crack theory.

Every time I read this line or hear Wright say this it baffles me. It makes no damn sense, lol.

That's why I love it so much; it's just so absurdly cheesy.

If I ever become a lawyer, you can gurantee I'll be saying this line after every condemning speech.

On the topic of BW2, what teams are you guys going to be using in-game? I'm thinking mine's going to be:

Samurott
Honchkrow/Flygon
Arcanine
Aggron/Drapion
Yanmega
Grumpig

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Is Gallade any good in B&W2?

Pretty decent, but you'll have to trade over / access the Ralts line via Dream World, or Dream Radar.

If I ever become a lawyer, you can gurantee I'll be saying this line after every condemning speech.

On the topic of BW2, what teams are you guys going to be using in-game? I'm thinking mine's going to be:

Samurott
Honchkrow/Flygon
Arcanine
Aggron/Drapion
Yanmega
Grumpig

Using..

Emboar
Flygon
Galvantula
Lucario
Jellicent

And a yet to be determined member. Using Pokemon I've never used on playthroughs because (hence Emboar over the 'better' fire types). A bit slower than I'd like too, aside from Flygon and Galv. Fast Pokemon in-game really does help for quicker run through and less AI haxing you to death.

Thought about Drapion, but his powerful STABs come really, really late and the two I caught were garbage. We'll see what else is available later on, since I haven't been looking to see what's upcoming on future routes.

Finalow

--
Arcanine
--
behold the best fire pokemon. ever.
I'll get him as well. (didn't even know you can get him)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
snivy
riolu
growlithe
zubat
zoura...its catchable right?
and a masuda buizel

Yes, you actually catch
N's Zorua
really early on. I was using him for a while, but such a frail Dark type wasn't what I needed at that time. Now with some better TMs and Zoroark's impressive movepool, maybe I should add him once more.

Speaking of early catches
you sure get Cobalion early on, like pre-gym 7

Delio

Samurott
Honchkrow/Flygon
Arcanine
Aggron/Drapion
Yanmega
Grumpig

Emboar
Ampharos
Skarmory
Flygon/Lapras
Umbreon
Lucario

ScraftyDevil has nearly convinced me to give Scrafty a shot in my new White save. But it's a tough decision between him and Sandile...=/

J@hranimo

Banned
Well my team in Black 2 will be when they all evolve:

Samurott
Arcanine
Espeon
Flygon
Lucario
Galvantula

So far so good in game.

ScraftyDevil has nearly convinced me to give Scrafty a shot in my new White save. But it's a tough decision between him and Sandile...=/

Search your feelings...

You know what the correct choice is.

Scrafty can sweep through 3 Gym Leaders, 3 Elite Four members and the Champion by himself if given the right moveset. Use Scrafty well, and he'll become your best friend.

Just like me :p

Well my team in Black 2 will be when they all evolve:

Samurott
Arcanine
Espeon
Flygon
Lucario
Galvantula

So far so good in game.
Wow.

We have the EXACT same team plan until the sixth Pokemon. I'm leaning towards Magnezone for my Electric type since I already trained a Galvantula in Black.

Ondore

Search your feelings...

You know what the correct choice is.

Scrafty can sweep through 3 Gym Leaders, 3 Elite Four members and the Champion by himself if given the right moveset. Use Scrafty well, and he'll become your best friend.

Just like me :p

Listen to this man. I nominated him for Top on Smogon's ingame tier list for a reason - he will FUCK KYRUEM UP.

It is. Last time I used a Pokemon that was considered strong in game was Tyranitar and he single handedly beat the Elite 4+Lance (Rematch) and Red by himself. Soooo...I got to figure out first who I'll use.

J@hranimo

Banned
Wow.

We have the EXACT same team plan until the sixth Pokemon. I'm leaning towards Magnezone for my Electric type since I already trained a Galvantula in Black.

That's crazy, because when the postgame of White was over I immediately raised a Magnezone and got rid of my Zebstrika because of the difficulty bump. Kept getting wrecked lol. So far the team works as you would expect, except I really want Growlithe to evolve and I have 5 gym badges D:

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Some of the gym leader photos and phone numbers were fairly ridiculous in HG/SS, though this one is more practical than that.

It's also explained poorly. Basically you bug the person until you get their phone number and then call them a bunch.

Some of the gym leader photos and phone numbers were fairly ridiculous in HG/SS, though this one is more practical than that.

It's also explained poorly. Basically you bug the person until you get their phone number and then call them a bunch.

So we're basically Poké-phreaking?

That's deplorable.

Well that kind of sucks. Thank goodness for GTS, right? Am I'm with SD, why does it have to be like this? I feel sorry for the poor kids who miss this.

Touche. I was thinking for a moment it was like back when I was a kid when I didn't have that luxury (Yes I'm an idiot).

Still doesn't excuse it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think now we're well over half of all DW pokemon released. Since most of them can be bred getting them won't be impossible.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
its the only non major character to give you their number so someone just bugged them a bunch.

Either that or someone saw the code for a whole crapload of in game trade pokemon and worked it backwards.

It does sound like something straight out of a schoolyard Pokemon Red/Blue myth though when you read it like that.

TheOGB

Banned
So some of the Pokémon World Tournament DLC trainers are Pokémon World Championship competitors. Here's the relevant part:

As a special incentive for the Pokémon video game players advancing to Hawaii, The Pokémon Company International will choose a select number of top players and their Pokémon teams who are participating at the 2012 Pokémon Video Game World Championships and distribute them via the Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection service into the upcoming Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 video games (launching in the U.S. October 7).

Once distributed, players can battle these elite Pokémon World Championships participants and the Pokémon they trained in the Pokémon World Tournament, a new battle arena debuting in the Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 games. More information about the Pokémon World Tournament is coming soon, and the 2012 Pokémon Video Game World Champion player distribution details will be announced later this fall.

Top Bottom