• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Heropon

Hahaha, I always considered Riolu a rare pokémon, but now it's so easy to get many of them. It's funny how Pikachu is much rarer right now.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Klingklang + Gear Shift + Gear Grind = whoa.

Totally wiped through 1/3 of the E4 including the Champion. Moxie Krookodile + Crunch destroyed the rest.

clemenx

Banned
Homika/Roxie is easily the best character to ever appear in Pokemon.

Bugged about the localization of her gym theme :( Doesn't sound quite right.

Homika/Roxie is easily the best character to ever appear in Pokemon.

Bugged about the localization of her gym theme :( Doesn't sound quite right.

That's not how you spell Grimsley.

079.gif

So very suave.

D-Pad

Anyone know how many EV's the Power Lunches in the Join Avenue bistro give you? Serebii says it's "increased by the amount the level is." What level?

ffdgh

Something interesting I read online. If you catch a pokemon in the cold storage in bw1 and send them to bw2, their location changes to the PWT. Oddly enough, its true.

D-Pad

level of the avenue/store?

The thing is, I'm sure that the description above was copy and pasted from the Fitness shop's description, which actually contains visible levels (i.e, Sp.Attack Lv. 4 ). The bistro has no such indication aside from hints like "a lot" and "significantly".

The thing is, I'm sure that the description above was copy and pasted from the Fitness shop's description, which actually contains visible levels (i.e, Sp.Attack Lv. 4 ). The bistro has no such indication aside from hints like "a lot" and "significantly".
There's one way you could test - get a fresh poke, give it the meal, then check the increase with pokecheck.

Could it be equal as status changes??

like rose, went up, greatly?

quabba

Levels up all the trainers (first fight is with an L6 Pokemon, most trainers go up anywhere between 1-5 levels), gym leaders get an extra Pokemon designed to bone you and get better movesets.

That's probably the best description of it I've seen. I've played challenge mode from the start (up to 7th gum now) and its definitely tougher not too hard. I'm really enjoying it.

Now my serperior has leaf blade, coil and giga drain. Last move should be what? I was tossing up between Iron Tail, Aqua Tail and Outrage.

Fewr

A sad sad story:

After getting the 6th badge, I
Took a plane to the other side of the map, then went into a volcano. I found Bianca there and together we battled pairs of pokémon. After a while I found a shiny swoobat! I tried tossing a ball to it, but the game said I had to get rid of one pokemon first. I used swords dance and prayed Bianca would kill the other beast so I could capture swoobat, but she decided to ko swoobat.

sigh...

Red

A sad sad story:

After getting the 6th badge, I
Took a plane to the other side of the map, then went into a volcano. I found Bianca there and battled pairs of pokémon there. After a while I found ashiny swoobat! I tried tossing a ball to it, but the game said I had to get rid of one monster. I used swords dance and prayed Bianca would kill the other beast so I could capture swoobat, but she decided to ko swoobat.

sigh...

Uh... are you looking for one.

Fewr

Uh... are you looking for one.
I'm not actually. I only wanted to catch it to add it to my collection of shinys*, I just feel it was a huge missed opportunity. After the incident, I now find Bianca 10x more annoying, haha.

*currently my vast collection holds a purple quagsire and.. er.. that's all.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
okay, so guys, I think I'm ready to have Bianca show me how to catch Pokemon. I just hope she lets me bring along my Spiritomb, porygon, rotom, staryu, and bronzor to the demonstration :3

D-Pad

Power lunches increase evs by 20

If you need anything else check serebii

I AM checking Serebii. That's where I pasted the description from. Where are you getting that information?

Edit- Oh oh oh oh, there's a seperate section further down that lists the items out. Weird. Okay, I see now.

Zee-Row

Banned
Is this a glitch? I keep getting challenged by trainers i've already beaten. The trainer in the beginning of Losthorn forest challenged me again after I had beaten him the first time.

Is this a glitch? I keep getting challenged by trainers i've already beaten. The trainer in the beginning of Losthorn forest challenged me again after I had beaten him the first time.

Not a glitch. All Pokemon Breeders will rebattle you every time you reenter the area.

quabba

How can you have been playing challenge mode from the start?

Theres a few ways, all of them suck.

Transfer the key from another game that has unlocked it (local ir only). Alternatively there's an AR code to unlock it. Or if you have access to a flashcart you can dump your retail save - use cheat code - then send the save back to the retail cart.

It's really nice going through the post-game and just exploring new areas while running into the scattered strong trainers.

Can't wait to start EVing.

Hmm? I never noticed your question before -_-
Question, guys like every starter starting with gen 3 has had like a "unique" move. What about the two other gens? Like what would be the moves for the other starters that didn't have this?
Unique moves?

Tepig series = Heat Crash (currently unique)
Oshawott series = Razor Shell (also known by Shellder)
Snivy series = Leaf Tornado (shared with Victreebel, Shiftry, Tropius, and Carnivine)

I don't think the G4 starters had moves specific to them, though.

Ezalc

Hmm? I never noticed your question before -_-

Unique moves?

Tepig series = Heat Crash (currently unique)
Oshawott series = Razor Shell (also known by Shellder)
Snivy series = Leaf Tornado (shared with Victreebel, Shiftry, Tropius, and Carnivine)

I don't think the G4 starters had moves specific to them, though.

I meant for the 1st and 2nd gen. I thought the unique move for piplup's line was brine?

I meant for the 1st and 2nd gen. I thought the unique move for piplup's line was brine?
Nah, a lot of pokes could get Brine in G4, not just Piplup. I don't think starter-specific moves became a thing until a bit later, after G3.

In Gen 2, I think it was just Cyndaquil, with Flame Wheel (and one other), and Squirtle with Skull Bash. As for other unique moves, you can find 'em all over here:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Signature_move

Ezalc

Brine is a TM, breh.

Nah, a lot of pokes could get Brine in G4, not just Piplup. I don't think starter-specific moves became a thing until a bit later, after G3.

In Gen 2, I think it was just Cyndaquil, with Flame Wheel (and one other), and Squirtle with Skull Bash. As for other unique moves, you can find 'em all over here:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Signature_move

Damn. Thanks for the help, non-sarcastically this time.

Top Bottom