• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

vall03

my god, I just ev trained with pokerus for the first time ever and that was fucking fast! Why haven't I had a single pokemon get it way back in Gen III and IV?! Only got pokerus thanks to a trade with a friend, I feel so fucking stupid grinding in Gen III and IV getting only 2 - 6 evs max, smh

Firestorm

my god, I just ev trained with pokerus for the first time ever and that was fucking fast! Why haven't I had a single pokemon get it way back in Gen III and IV?! Only got pokerus thanks to a trade with a friend, I feel so fucking stupid grinding in Gen III and IV getting only 2 - 6 evs max, smh
Remember to infect something and stick it in the PC so you can re-use it to spread the disease =P

It's fairly easy these days to EV train. I mean you can train against Basculin and get 12 Speed EVs for every battle.

I should send an update for the competitive section in the OP, but for those who want an EV Training Hotspot Guide: http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/ev-training-hot-spots-in-black-2-white-2/

I don't really like the idea of tools, mostly because half of them would be weird to carry around. I mean a bike is bad enough, but carrying around a boat or surfboard along with a hot air balloon or jetpack would be bizarre.

Personally I think Pokémon should be able to learn "moves" that can only be used outside of battle. So in essence it's the same as what we have now, accept they can only be used in the field and not in battle. They're more like skills I guess. Birds can fly, so let them fly whenever they want once they learn how too. Pokémon with sharp claws can use them to cut etc etc. Those sorts of actions shouldn't be limited to "moves" because they're naturally occurring actions.

Neo Child

Banned
They could "invent" a device to summon temporarily a HM slave when you need to use an HM move.

I think the option to change items between pokemon in the current team should be praised more. I love it so much!

Laptop on you at all times for Pokemon transfers. Good for using Pokemon you just catched when you have 6 not having to wait to use it. They should make it so Pokémons HP gets kept in the laptop and you can charge it at Pokemon centres to heal them all.

Best idea ever

Neo Child

Banned
I don't really like the idea of tools, mostly because half of them would be weird to carry around. I mean a bike is bad enough, but carrying around a boat or surfboard along with a hot air balloon or jetpack would be bizarre..

1_link-items.jpg

But your other idea is also sweet, was thinking of that too

SoulUnison

Banned
I don't really like the idea of tools, mostly because half of them would be weird to carry around. I mean a bike is bad enough, but carrying around a boat or surfboard along with a hot air balloon or jetpack would be bizarre.

Personally I think Pokémon should be able to learn "moves" that can only be used outside of battle. So in essence it's the same as what we have now, accept they can only be used in the field and not in battle. They're more like skills I guess. Birds can fly, so let them fly whenever they want once they learn how too. Pokémon with sharp claws can use them to cut etc etc. Those sorts of actions shouldn't be limited to "moves" because they're naturally occurring actions.

Personally I think that HM Moves should become "Functional Moves."

Basically, why does only "Cut" cut down trees? Why does only "Fly" fly? It doesn't even make much sense in the context of the game world.

Moves that involve claws or edges should be capable of performing the same function as "Cut."
Moves like Aerial Ace and Brave Bird should be able to replicate "Fly."
Moves such as Seismic Toss could imitate "Strength."

"Surf" should...really just sort of be an innate function of lots of Pokemon.

Implement this, and change the rules about Pokemon not being able to use HM Moves without a corresponding Gym Badge into something about "licenses." Maybe you need a Forestry Permit before you can go around cutting down shrubbery all willy-nilly. Maybe an Archeology Certification for Strength,or something. For "Surf" and "Fly" i'dimagine you'd want to test and certify people in *some* way before they start heading out into the open ocean or criss-crossing the skies in every direction.

FSLink

Banned

Yeah, I think they should just have a "field ability" for the ones that can. Water Pokemon get a Surfing "ability", and then Torrent/Water Absorb/whatever for "battle ability". Plus it'd be cool doing stuff like Psychic Pokemon can read NPC's minds or something, lol.

It would be kinda weird to have items for those things in a world where Pokémon are used as tools.

No one ever thinks about the guys who aren't training pokemon, it's time technology gave them a chance to get past that shrub that denies them ever leaving town.

Kacho

Why not just make it so you have to have a pokemon in your party that would be able to use an HM? To use fly you need a flying pokemon in your party. The fact that you have to waste a move slot on these garbage moves is becoming tiresome.

Kenai

This reminds me that I was planning on doing an Eeveelution Challenge mode in White 2 during the holidays but the need of a flyer kinda put a damper on my spirits. "5 Eeveelutions and a flyer" just isn't the same. I know that's exactly what I'd do though, no way I'm wandering around without Fly. ~_~

Ultratech

Tools wouldn't be THAT bad.

-Cut: Hatchet; small enough to carry around and cut bushes.
-Fly: Uh...I got nothing here that would reasonably work. Flying poke would be needed.
-Surf: Foldable Surfboard; easy enough!
-Strength: Same issue with Fly; would need a Pokemon for it.
-Flash: Flashlight; simple!
-Rock Smash: Pickaxe; bust them rocks up!
-Waterfall/Whirlpool: See Fly, Strength
-Dive: Snorkel and/or Dive Gear; simple enough to do.
-Defog: LOL

Really, you could just make Fly, Strength, and whatever else wouldn't work just field moves and have small tools for everything else.

Roto13

I forgot about the free
shiny Haxorus
as a reward for seeing all of the Unova Pokémon.

I already have a shiny Haxorus and it's about to get less rare I guess. :(

You already carry around hundreds of things.

zroid

Banned
does anybody know why the activity log says that I played with my white 2 about 30 hours while the game itself says that I played more than 40 hours?
the gap is pretty big.

If you leave the game on, but asleep, the in-game clock keeps counting whereas the Activity Log doesn't.

Just beat the E4. Now to catch every single goddamn pokemon ever. I need that shiny charm.

Well it's nice to finally have an incentive to catch them all at least.
Still not doing it, such tasks are beyond me now, I gathered up a large portion in Gen 4 but that's the best i'll ever manage, i'll become a professor and get kids to do it for me from now on.

Aggrotek

Well it's nice to finally have an incentive to catch them all at least.
Still not doing it, such tasks are beyond me now, I gathered up a large portion in Gen 4 but that's the best i'll ever manage, i'll become a professor and get kids to do it for me from now on.

I have a reasonable amount on White 1 that I can trade over, but I will need a lot of 1st and 3rd gen legends. :(

Crazyorloco

Note about Pokedex Completion Rewards, you don't need the events to get them. You can still get the Oval Charm without getting Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect. Same with the Shiny Charm and Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione/Manapahy (that's an event right?), Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus.

This is great. I never got a shiny before and now i have a chance. That is an awesome completion reward. I will be purchasing this game soon.
Are old pokemon black/white people welcomed here? Im going to start playing again.

ffdgh

>buy 200 max repels
>use them for every single step
>regret nothing

I actually ran through 100 max repels since the game was so nice to ask me repeatedly do I want to use another. Got 300 this time so they should last a while hopefully lol.

and this topic is full of bw1 players.

Between having HG, White and Black 2, I maybe able to get all of the 'mons in the Unova 'Dex. I tried to get a complete 'Dex in HG, but I gave up trying to level every Pokémon up to their evolved states.

Roto13

Consdiering I have everything in B/W1, completing my Pokedex in B/W2 wouldn't be that big a deal. But I'm not doing it because I can't be assed.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
>buying Max Repel instead of the more cost-efficient Super Repel

lol :)

Oh they are? I usually pay attention to that stuff but I put Amulet Coin on my starter as soon as I got it (until I swapped it for Lucky Egg) and that pretty much gave me a gamebreaking amount of cash...

ffdgh

Oh they are? I usually pay attention to that stuff but I put Amulet Coin on my starter as soon as I got it (until I swapped it for Lucky Egg) and that pretty much gave me a gamebreaking amount of cash...

Super Repel gives one step per 2.5 while the Max Repel gives one step per 2.8......go figure the pokemarts been cheating us...big surprise.

I don't mind HMs if they are limited to four. Fly, Surf, Strength and Cut. Some of the others just feel useless, like Dive/Flash/Whirlpool/Rock Smash.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to having some HMs being used strictly outside of battle only.

Bii

If you leave the game on, but asleep, the in-game clock keeps counting whereas the Activity Log doesn't.

Correct me if in wrong but I think this is only true if you have the C-Gear on. I always try to remember to turn off the C-Gear whenever I close the lid of my 3DS. The difference between my in-game time and the Activity Log was only off by a few minutes.

Roto13

Got my Therian Landorus. Should I bother to ever use Dream Radar again? :p Also, if I delete my Dream Radar save file, can I get the Therian legendaries all over again?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HM's should be hold items on Pokemon, honestly. Not "items" in the traditional sense but something that "enhances" a Pokemon's ability.

Like, why can Cut clear a tree in the way, but Slash can't? If the Pokemon had a hold item like "claw sharpener" it wouldn't matter. It also wouldn't take up a fricking spot in the moves list.

HM's should be hold items on Pokemon, honestly. Not "items" in the traditional sense but something that "enhances" a Pokemon's ability.

Like, why can Cut clear a tree in the way, but Slash can't? If the Pokemon had a hold item like "claw sharpener" it wouldn't matter. It also wouldn't take up a fricking spot in the moves list.

They should just make cut better.

I'm looking through my Pokémon boxes in HeartGold, and I feel guilty moving them to my copy of White for some reason. :(

Implying that you'd dislike it if, say, Surf didn't have to be taught to a Pokemon as one of its four moves?

Me english good

Yea, I'd be okay with it if Surf was a taught skill instead of a move. Basically making it only usable outside of battle. Or something.

"I sure wish you two could meet!"

"No news is good news they say. Being happy about something like that is a little difficult though. Being a parent is tough."

"Maybe I should go on a journey to go find my child! Oh, but I would feel really bad if they stopped by while I was gone."

I want to know where your player from the first game went. :(

zroid

Banned
It might be an interesting experiment if all Pokemon had a single "field move slot" in addition to their four battle slots. Any move in this slot can only be used in the field, while at the same time none of the moves in the battle slots can.

It would pretty much eradicate the idea of an "HM slave" since no Pokemon could be used for more than a single HM at a given time (although you could just replace the HM move as needed). However, the tradeoff would be when requiring HMs you need to have one separate Pokemon in your party for each one needed, even though it doesn't fill up a move.

So it keeps the element of HMs where you need to consider which Pokemon to keep in your party, but doesn't necessarily force you to "waste a space" with an HM slave. Even your primary team could be taught the HMs without having to worry about it.

Chopper

Just picked this up on a whim. Wasn't going to bother, as I "collected them all" in Black the first time round. But the impressions here swayed me.

Question: Have they expanded the storage space on the PC? There wasn't nearly enough last time round to store one of every pokemon, let alone extra space for extras and eggs and stuff.

Omzz

Just thought I'd ask here. Do items like Iron, Carbos etc favor stats for that specific level? Or is it just a basic +1 added to the stat?

Given my limited understanding of EV and all of that, I think that should be case right?

I have a question and I don't mind if you spoil it for me.
Was Ghetsis lying about not being able to catch the white Kyrum because of his staff and I killed it needlessly or am I supposed to catch it later?

Top Bottom