• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Yeah I can wait that long. I have to work on a paper/speech so I'll be around. Anything you need?
Ok I'm ready. Didn't expect to have to make dinner. I'm not looking for anything in particular. Are there any pokemon you're having trouble finding in Dream Radar? I've only got the 3rd badge so far in my black2. Just looking to pay out some good will. PM'ing you with my FC.

Ok I'm ready. Didn't expect to have to make dinner. I'm not looking for anything in particular. Are there any pokemon you're having trouble finding in Dream Radar? I've only got the 3rd badge so far in my black2. Just looking to pay out some good will. PM'ing you with my FC.
Thanks, this makes me two steps closer to finishing my pokedex and getting the shiny stone.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is there a way to remove a shop in Join Avenue? I didn't realize that I have two Salonists.

What? How is that a bad thing? You can't abuse both of them the same day to accelerate happiness evolutions quicker?

upandaway

You only remove a shop by adding a new one, basically. So you'd have to ask someone to open up something new.
Oooh, cool.

I see that same-type shops can still have different services.. man this is annoying. What shops should I be getting? I don't really care about reducing EVs.
How's the raffle at max rank? Does it dish out good prizes?

Oooh, cool.

I see that same-type shops can still have different services.. man this is annoying. What shops should I be getting? I don't really care about reducing EVs.
I think that higher rank raffle shops just give you better chances at getting top prizes from the same prize list (includes Master Balls, Rare Candies, and PP Max).

Leveling up the shops lets you buy more and more cost-effective item sets (Moo-Moo Milk, Max Repel, Hyper Potion, Max Repel, etc.). Leveling up the Antique Shop lets you buy higher rank random stuff, which can give you rare Fossils, evolutionary stones, Shards, Poke Balls, Nuggets + Big Nuggets, and others.

High Rank Nursery lets you buy faster hatch times. High Rank Dojo and Cafe give you oppurtunities to raise a Pokemon's level by certain amounts.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What? How is that a bad thing? You can't abuse both of them the same day to accelerate happiness evolutions quicker?

OCD of not having all shop types :p

You only remove a shop by adding a new one, basically. So you'd have to ask someone to open up something new.

Ah I see.

Oooh, cool.

Wait, they have different services regardless of the same shop function?!

Also what shop allows faster egg hatching?

Bear in mind that you can get visitors to your Join Avenue through online trading and battling as well as passing in person.

The Magnemite Coil's a good method:
*Catch a Magnemite or two.
*Go to the GTS on the upper floor of the Pokemon Center.
*Put one Magnemite up for trade, requesting another Magnemite in return.
*Search for a Magnemite and trade your other one for it.
*Rinse and repeat.

You'll have loads of visitors in no time.

Boss Doggie

Wait, what's so special about a a metal ball with magnets for arms?

And yes I know about visitors, but I only traded twice in my BW2 lifetime lol

It's a /vp/ thing. Everyone's trading Magnemites, rather than trading randoms and hoping for the best.

Of course you can trade whatever, but you're more likely to get a more efficient process going with Magnemites.

upandaway

That awkward feeling when you tackle an old guy in one of Castelia's normal streets because you thought it was a busy street..

@ Join Avenue I'm gonna have to go wild on Serebii or something and find a good combination of stores before I start investing my stocks in it.
Can I just do the Magnemite stuff now, get a lot of visitors, and they'll keep coming at that number forever?

Probably b/c it's catchable early, and is visually distinct.

But really, it's a reliable method - catch Magnemite, put it up on GTS for another Magnemite. You'll get a trade almost instantly. Place the Magnemite you got on trade back into the queue, and search for more Magnemite.

Every person you trade with is another visitor to your avenue (12 at a time before you have to go back to the avenue and recommend shops). It's by far the easiest way to do so, because the system's been in place since the JP release.
That awkward feeling when you tackle an old guy in one of Castelia's normal streets because you thought it was a busy street..

@ Join Avenue I'm gonna have to go wild on Serebii or something and find a good combination of stores before I start investing my stocks in it.
Can I just do the Magnemite stuff now, get a lot of visitors, and they'll keep coming at that number forever?
As soon as you can get to Join Avenue, you can really get invested in the process - your level and shop experience just gets higher and higher the more you do it. Without Mag trading, you get like a few stragglers every day, by default. With trading, and a solid time investment, you can pull tens (maybe hundreds) of people a day.

edit: Ah, right, what ohlawd said too. Once you rec someone, they disappear, hence having to go back to trading again.

ohlawd

Nope, not forever. They're gone once you recommend them to a shop or recruit them. That's the purpose of the Coil anyway; a constant source of visitors for your JA.

Get 12 visitors in your JA from the Coil, recommend them a shop, go back to the GTS and get another 12 visitors, rinse and repeat

upandaway

Oh man.. then I need to find which shops I want sometime soon.

Don't you get more visitors daily when your rank is higher? I got 2 every day before and now I get 4.

I'm at the Elite Four, and Caitlin is such a pain. Why? Because out of my 5 Pokemon, 2 are Fighting (or part Fighting), and 2 are weak to Gothitelle's Thunderbolt. Current team is:

LV 64 Sigilyph
LV 64 Azumarill
LV 61 Emboar
LV 63 Gurdurr
LV 62 Zebstrika

Thinking of adding Golurk to the team.

balddemon

Banned
Regirock, Starmie, and Leafeon (un ev trained and with random IVs), suck ass for PWT. Misty led with an identical Starmie to mine. Leafeon lost half hp from a hydro pump, then died from Ice beam. Starmie died from a crit Thunderbolt. Regirock from hydro pump. fucking bull

According to serebii.net, Japan is getting event Groudon/Kyogre for the 10th anniversary of Ruby/Sapphire. Ugh at the version exclusivity though; Groudon for Black 2, Kyogre for White 2.

I still have a Groudon to catch in Emerald and Superior Silver - I don't need another one. Could use another Kyogre though. :/

Firestorm

Magnemite's Japanese name is the translation for "Coil" so they decided to use it because it was a good pun for what was happening. We just started doing it because they were doing it.

According to serebii.net, Japan is getting event Groudon/Kyogre for the 10th anniversary of Ruby/Sapphire. Ugh at the version exclusivity though; Groudon for Black 2, Kyogre for White 2.

I still have a Groudon to catch in Emerald and Superior Silver - I don't need another one. Could use another Kyogre though. :/
Well, I'm guessing that probably stops any Ruby/ Sapphire remake speculation for next year. They wouldn't distribute the legendaries if they were going to repackage them soon after.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Is this any harder than Black/white 1 for someone who would only play single player and never touch breeding/catching them all etc?

I enjoyed black but was really bummed about it being even easier than the earlier games in the series.

I heard you can catch a LOT of kanto (original pokemon) pokemon in this game from the beginning? Is that true? Because that's what would push me over the fence.

Blasty

I heard you can catch a LOT of kanto (original pokemon) pokemon in this game from the beginning? Is that true? Because that's what would push me over the fence.

Maybe not a LOT of Kanto pokemon, but a good number from all the regions. Flaffy, Elekid, Magby, Magnamite, Koffing, Riolu, etc.

upandaway

Is this any harder than Black/white 1 for someone who would only play single player and never touch breeding/catching them all etc?

I enjoyed black but was really bummed about it being even easier than the earlier games in the series.
I did have a harder time with this game for some reason but I would think it's around the same difficulty.

You can make the game harder by activating Challenge Mode (requires knowing someone with Black 2).
RPGs are meant to have dynamic difficulties anyway, so if you really want more difficulty you could handicap yourself - monotype teams, Nuzlocke runs, limited healing, use less Pokemon, use an Exp. Share to lower your EXP gain, the possibilities are endless.

Well I beat the Champion (teaching Signal Beam to Zebstrika helped). Now I've spent the past several hours transferring everything (except doubles) from Diamond and SoulSilver. My Pokedex stands at 554 seen, 469 caught. I was surprised to see what Pokemon I had traded away, notably Palkia and Golem. I was also surprised to see I still had my shiny Azumarill, as well as the shiny Elemental Beasts from the Wi-Fi events a few years ago.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Not looking forward to trading over everything from Black 1. My PC was almost entirely full and I'm going to want to move the vast majority of them over.

Arla

Ugh, really not enjoying B2 after playing Black. I was expecting something as refreshing as Black but I don't know why since it's a sequel. I should've just waited for the 6th generation.

balddemon

Banned
you know what i really don't wanna do? beat black, HG, and platinum again so i can get all the legendaries. i think for some reason i restarted on those...

Firestorm

Man Japan keeps getting cool tournaments. Look at that logo:

christmascup.png

http://ja.pokemon-gl.com/about/sp/xc2012/

English: http://nuggetbridge.com/news/christmas-cup-dream-park/

Buddermilk

Neo Member
You get story continuity (the legendary Pokémon N befriended, whether Opelucid City is ancient/futuristic etc). This time around, you can grant access to Black City/White Forest with the other version after a certain point, so that's not a major factor any more.

Non-legendary version exclusives from B/W (e.g. Reuniclus/Gothitelle) are the only thing you'll miss out on by sticking with the same colour - but that's what trading with your brother is for!

Thanx.

Just started my game last night and the 3rd or 4th pokemon I fought on route 19 was a shiny patrat :/

Boss Doggie

Hmm because my Fluffy (Galvantula) has Compoundeyes, I guess I can risk making him learn Thunder? I always make it a point to have all moves to be different of type, so I'd rather not have discharge and thunder at the same time.

spiritfox

Hmm because my Fluffy (Galvantula) has Compoundeyes, I guess I can risk making him learn Thunder? I always make it a point to have all moves to be different of type, so I'd rather not have discharge and thunder at the same time.

Yes. Compoundeyes gives Thunder 91% accuracy, compared to 70% at base. There's still the 9%, but I have never seen my Galvantula in White miss at all.

Boss Doggie

Ugh, really not enjoying B2 after playing Black. I was expecting something as refreshing as Black but I don't know why since it's a sequel. I should've just waited for the 6th generation.

Why are you expecting other than a continuation of the story and changing the scenarios?

Yes. Compoundeyes gives Thunder 91% accuracy, compared to 70% at base. There's still the 9%, but I have never seen my Galvantula in White miss at all.
All right then.

Thunder + Bug Buzz + Giga Drain/Energy Ball + Poison Jab.

I guess I am one of the unlucky beneficiaries, because of being within walking/train distance of GameStop/TRU in New York ;(

But I like Wi-Fi events better, because I'm lazy.

Boss Doggie

A bit off topic, but I remember seeing the gameshop here selling Pokemon merch that looked like beyblade. I think it involved Pokemon in disc-like toys and it even has accompanying magazine. Suddenly, it vanished (unlike TCG and TFG). Any idea what it was called?

Top Bottom