• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK

Raxus said:
Nope, I have a handful of trade evolutions lined up I have been meaning to take care of since yesterday.

:( That's ok. I'm sure someone else in here has one. If nothing else, I might be able to trade with my friend tomorrow.

D-Pad

KingK said:
Does anyone here with a Shelmet want to help me evolve my Karrablast?

edit: Anyone? I'm dying to get this guy on my team ASAP!

Escacalier.jpg

If you give me a minute to catch shelmet I can help!

KingK

D-Pad said:
If you give me a minute to catch shelmet I can help!

Thank you! You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman! my FC is on the list in the OP, I'll add you and meet in the wifi room.

Gravijah said:
Speaking of the Anime, how is the newest series? Was thinking of downloading it and watching it with my sister.

Note: Not really directed at you, TheExodu5.

The weirdest thing I have seen from the anime is team rocket....

They are not the funny jerk villains that they were in the other seasons....
They are not being sent flying by an attack!!!

They escape flying!!!!!

DMG-01

TheExodu5 said:
I'm going to play Pokemon while I watch Pokemon Episode 1.
Haha, I've been doing that for a few episodes now, but I'm watching the BW season. It's weird hearing the video game music coming from both the show and my DS.
Gravijah said:
Speaking of the Anime, how is the newest series? Was thinking of downloading it and watching it with my sister.

Personally, I can't stand how terribly weak they've made Pikachu. I understand that he has to restart every region, but how could they make him lose to
a Panpour?

lolez2matt said:
The weirdest thing I have seen from the anime is team rocket....

They are not the funny jerk villains that they were in the other seasons....
They are not being sent flying by an attack!!!

They escape flying!!!!!
Lets just say they aren't useless to team rocket anymore. Well not as useless.

survivor

Banned
What are the rules for the random WiFi matches? My friend said it's 3v3 but I'm trying to see if there is any other rules. I'm trying to look at other sites but none is mentioning anything in details.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Alright, stopping at Gym 3 for tonight. Don't want to burn myself out.

Man, I wish the campaign was longer. They really need to reuse the G/S/C model, or else start making the games retroactively patchable, so that for example when B/W came out they could have updated HG/SS and D/P/Pt with the new mons, letting me play through again with complete compatibility.

Red

survivor said:
What are the rules for the random WiFi matches? My friend said it's 3v3 but I'm trying to see if there is any other rules. I'm trying to look at other sites but none is mentioning anything in details.
All battle options are there. Single, double, triple, rotation, and some other one I can't remember the name of.

Looked it up. Launcher battle? Don't know what that is.

Cranzor

MidnightScott said:
Fucking Swadloon won't evolve. I've raised it over 10 levels with a Soothe Bell attached and still nothing. >_>;

The first battle I put the soothe bell on it evolved. Complete luck haha. It was level 23 when it evolved.

Red

survivor said:
6v6 too? And any idea about the time limit?
I did one double battle, time limit was 60 minutes. Don't know if it varies.

I didn't have a good experience with the online battling my first time. Fought a guy with obviously hacked Pokemon (all shiny legendaries wtf?). But it's a cool thing to have.

Also it runs pretty smoothly. Huge step up from D/P's glacial battles.

survivor

Banned
Crunched said:
I did one double battle, time limit was 60 minutes. Don't know if it varies.
Ok an hour is good for me. I thought it will be something stupid like 15 minutes and you will get forced to just use sweepers with no walls or anything defensive.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:

Pretty good. Easily watchable and entertaining at least. It also seems to be moving quicker than DP but that's probably out of necessity.

daffy

Banned
Ok so I haven't been in here since launch because I wanted to avoid spoilers, but I had to ask.

1)How many Pokemon do you guys train at a time? I'm trying 3 right now, but is that the most efficient number?

2)Also is it ok if you nickname your Pokemon and trade? Or do people get mad at that stuff?

Love this game, I'm taking it really slow and catching every pokemon I encounter in the grasses. I will be a Pokemon Masterrrrr!!!! ♥♥♥

survivor

Banned
FTH said:
Ok so I haven't been in here since launch because I wanted to avoid spoilers, but I had to ask.

1)How many Pokemon do you guys train at a time? I'm trying 3 right now, but is that the most efficient number?

2)Also is it ok if you nickname your Pokemon and trade? Or do people get mad at that stuff?

Love this game, I'm taking it really slow and catching every pokemon I encounter in the grasses. I will be a Pokemon Masterrrrr!!!! ♥♥♥
1. I beat the Elite Four today and I had no problem training a full team. I even had to dump 3 guys and train different Pokemon along the lines. For some reason, it's very easy in this game to train a full team and make them all around the same level without grinding that much.

2. Depends on the type of trade. If it's just for a Pokemon to breed then people won't care. If it's a competitive/Event Pokemon then I say tell people beforehand. If it's for GTS then I don't think people care that much

survivor said:
1. I beat the Elite Four today and I had no problem training a full team. I even had to dump 3 guys and train different Pokemon along the lines. For some reason, it's very easy in this game to train a full team and make them all around the same level without grinding that much.

it's odd , for what's probably the first time i did the same thing

survivor

Banned
DoomXploder7 said:
it's odd , for what's probably the first time i did the same thing
The most unusual thing I did for the first time in a Pokemon game is beat the main game without using anyone with Fly. For some reason I didn't care that much about any of the Flying Pokemon.

Plus training new Pokemon and adding them to my team was so easy. It just takes a few battles and bam they are already caught up to the rest of my team.

Izayoi

Banned
You still here kiryani?

My offer still stands.

Tirtouga for ANY egg.
Tornadus for ANY egg.
Reshiram for ANY egg.

I also have spare Legendaries from older Gens. If you're interested let me know and I'll make a list. The one condition is that they are not migrated and you would have to do it yourself, because my friend won't be in town for another week which means they're stuck on my older games.

Quacking

I think I'm going to soft reset until i don't get a Shining Kyurem, don't know why, but I would like to catch a legendary shining pokémon once in my life.

1. Go to the summary screen of one of your Pokémon.

2. Rub the stylus:

a. up and down over the sprite.
b. left and right over the sprite.
c. in circles over the sprite.

Cool things will happen (nothing explicit, though).

JackEtc

ColtraineGF said:

2. Rub the stylus:

Heh, that's pretty neat. If you tap them they turn around as well.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
ColtraineGF said:

2. Rub the stylus:

Holy shit. That's awesome!

daffy

Banned
survivor said:

2. Depends on the type of trade. If it's just for a Pokemon to breed then people won't care. If it's a competitive/Event Pokemon then I say tell people beforehand. If it's for GTS then I don't think people care that much
Awesome, thanks for the advice & quick response! :)

survivor

Banned
ColtraineGF said:

2. Rub the stylus:

What will happen? I can only make them turn around.

Izayoi

Banned
ColtraineGF said:

2. Rub the stylus:

Neat. I like the circle one the best.

Too bad you can't get 'em all the way off the screen, though.

Gravijah

So, the event legendaries...
I'm honestly not sure how much I like them. All the cool designs in the game and it seems like these guys were just... tacked on. The bug looks pretty cool I guess, but the other two. Eek. Heck, most of the legendaries in this game period. I mean the 3 genies are so lazy! And if you thought the sprite trio was bad... At least they had a unique battle theme!

D-Pad

My sister and I couldn't get the trade via IR to work, so we had to use the Nintendo WFC. It worked, but it's not what I wanted to do. :\

Couldn't get past this screen:
vXKTT.jpg

We had the systems pointed right at each other. Anyone know why it wouldn't work?

Teknoman

D-Pad said:
My sister and I couldn't get the trade via IR to work, so we had to use the Nintendo WFC. It worked, but it's not what I wanted to do. :\

Couldn't get past this screen:
vXKTT.jpg

We had the systems pointed right at each other. Anyone know why it wouldn't work?

Cards have to be pointed right at each other, not the systems. Thats where the IR sensor is. Seems like it would be best to have both systems on a flat surface, facing each other.

D-Pad

Teknoman said:
Cards have to be pointed right at each other, not the systems.
Now that you mention it, I do remember having trouble with the Pokewalker and having to hold it right up to the cartridge. Don't know why I thought this would be any different. :\ I'll have to try it again, later on.

Teknoman

D-Pad said:
Now that you mention it, I do remember having trouble with the Pokewalker and having to hold it right up to the cartridge. Don't know why I thought this would be any different. :\ I'll have to try it again, later on.

Yeah im not really sure why they thought it was such a great idea to add. IR to Pokewalker? Sure...but game to game? It even seems to have the best method of battling (manual says it automatically boosts/reduces pokemon to level 50).

D-Pad

Teknoman said:
Yeah im not really sure why they thought it was such a great idea to add. IR to Pokewalker? Sure...but game to game? It even seems to have the best method of battling (manual says it automatically boosts/reduces pokemon to level 50).
An epic battle of steady hands and tired arms.

So I decided to take Izayoi's advice and level up a Tynamo. The one I had was Timid so I decided to go look on GTS. I put a level 1 female Axew up for trade for any Tynamo and got a level 1 Modest Male back. And because I was curious, I leveled it up to 11 to see what its IVs were. This is what I got:

Tynamo - #602 (Modest)
HP: 19 - 20
Att: 31
Def: 20 - 29
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 20 - 29
Speed: 26 - 31

Raxus

RhombusPrime said:
Does anyone have any tips for catching a Drilbur? I've been searching forever, I really want him on my team!
Cave, use a repel, look for dust clouds. Chances are good you will hit a Drilbur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom