• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Sam said:
Thanks for the help, man. Appreciated very much.

However, checking Bulbapedia, it turns out I can catch a straight-up Milotoc at fishing spots. Would catching a ready-evolved one be detrimental in any way? I mean, if I want Feebas' pokedex entry I can just breed Milotoc. Also, how do I go about getting a "fishing spot" to appear? Just run up and down along the shore?

I'm doing this because I was going to compose a "coolest pokemon I've never played with", no legendaries, no starters team for a potential Black playthrough. So far I was thinking Milotoc, Tropius and Aggron. Any advice on that front? Basically, if it's Gen III or Gen IV, I probably haven't knowingly played with it.
There aren't any disadvantages to just catching Milotic. But you won't be able to catch Milotic or Feebas until you beat the Elite 4. I can't tell from what you are saying how far into the game you are. I assume the fishing spot is anywhere you can use the Super Rod (again, obtained after the Elite 4).

I played today for too long. I started at noon and didn't end until a few minutes ago (8pm).

Why is Pokemon still so addicting :(

Also, the crocodile dude Pokemon is ridiculous. Gamefreak must have been mad giving us a Bagon-esque Pokemon so early in the game. My Krokokroko or whatever is basically a 1 man army.

Also, I picked the turtle fossil. I needed a water type, and he fit. He's not bad actually, he learns some decent moves, and he's easy enough to level up.

On my way to some tower on some route! My Pokemon are all early 30s or late 20s. I can cover every single type with my team. I spent the better part of the last hour power-leveling them with the lucky egg though.

Mr. Sam

UltimateIke said:
There aren't any disadvantages to just catching Milotic. But you won't be able to catch Milotic or Feebas until you beat the Elite 4. I can't tell from what you are saying how far into the game you are.

Don't worry - the E4 are history. I'm just screwing around in the post-game now.

Mr. Sam said:
Don't worry - the E4 are history. I'm just screwing around in the post-game now.
I edited after you quoted me, so I'll say agian I think the fishing spot is any water you can drop the Super Rod into.

EDIT---Walk back and forth to get the better fishing spots to show up. From Bulbapedia:

"In Generation V, fishing mechanics are mostly unchanged from Generation IV. However, fishing on strange bubbling spots in the water changes the Pokémon that can be caught, generally being Pokémon of the higher evolution. As such, this allows certain Pokémon such as Milotic and Poliwrath to be caught in the wild, while normally, they would be unavailable in the wild. "

Mr. Sam

UltimateIke said:
I edited after you quoted me, so I'll say agian I think the fishing spot is any water you can drop the Super Rod into.

EDIT---Walk back and forth to get the better fishing spots to show up. From Bulbapedia:

"In Generation V, fishing mechanics are mostly unchanged from Generation IV. However, fishing on strange bubbling spots in the water changes the Pokémon that can be caught, generally being Pokémon of the higher evolution. As such, this allows certain Pokémon such as Milotic and Poliwrath to be caught in the wild, while normally, they would be unavailable in the wild. "

Alright, gotcha. Thanks - you've been a big help!

robotzombie said:
Okay, thus far my team is this:

Pignite
Pansage
Drilbur
Sandile
Cubchoo
Solosis

I just got the Solosis which I switched a Gurrdurr out for (With Pignite I figured Gurrdurr was a waste)

Is this team decent at all? The ones I really like the most are Drilbur, Sandile, and Cubchoo, the only problem being Drilbur and Sandile are so close to each other in skills. Pignite I figure I need to keep just because he is my starter, but he's pretty cool anyway.

Here are other Pokemon I am interested in:

Cofagrigus
Hydreigon
Escavalier
Haxorus
Accelgor

Should I switch any of my team for any of those? What would make the best/most well rounded team out of all of these pokemon I like?

Bumping for knowledge!

Cday

Banned
I wish there was a hard mode. Beat the last gym with 3 dual chops from my lvl 46 Fraxure. The only reason I took any damage was because of rough skin. In other words I wish it was paced as poorly as previous games and involved several hours of grinding.

Izayoi

Banned
DoomXploder7 said:
yay thanks.
Not a problem.

D-Pad and Doom, I am waiting in the wi-fi room.

Is there anything else that you might want, Ravidrath? I've got all 603 breedable Pokemon, so you can ask for pretty much anything.

Cday said:
I wish there was a hard mode. Beat the last gym with 3 dual chops from my lvl 46 Fraxure. The only reason I took any damage was because of rough skin. In other words I wish it was paced as poorly as previous games and involved several hours of grinding.
Uwah? I trained a team of six with almost no grinding, something that would have been impossible in previous generations.

The fixed leveling curve is one of the best things about BW.

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
Not a problem.

D-Pad and Doom, I am waiting in the wi-fi room.

Is there anything else that you might want, Ravidrath? I've got all 603 breedable Pokemon, so you can ask for pretty much anything.

Coming, gotta move from my computer to enter my access zone so.

I'm not seeing you, Izayoi. I entered the friend code correctly... :\

Raxus

I really can't wait for people to start hacking the game, these level 9 or lower legendary demands are annoying shit.

Ravidrath

Bleh, gotta dig up a Seviper from Gen IV to get Dark Pulse onto a Deino...

Izayoi said:

Have a Seviper with Dark Pulse on it, perchance? :p

Quacking

Raxus said:
I really can't wait for people to start hacking the game, these level 9 or lower legendary demands are annoying shit.
Why they do that? I mean, there isn't a way to duplicate pokémon like Diamon and Pearl... So, why?

Izayoi

Banned
Raxus said:
They already are. I see a bunch of threads on 4chan where people pokesav the asking Pokemon with 0 IVs and a full HM movepool.

I don't condone cheating, but I think it's funny to see those people get what's coming to them.

Cday

Banned
Izayoi said:
Uwah? I trained a team of six with almost no grinding, something that would have been impossible in previous generations.

The fixed leveling curve is one of the best things about BW.

That last part was sarcastic. I had 5 other pokemon the same level as fraxure but didn't need them. It just felt wrong to blow through the 8th gym that easily. Naughty fraxure with a dragon fang is a beast.

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
They already are. I see a bunch of threads on 4chan where people pokesav the asking Pokemon with 0 IVs and a full HM movepool.

I don't condone cheating, but I think it's funny to see those people get what's coming to them.

Are you still in the room?

Izayoi said:

Can't upload them to GTS though.

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
Coming, gotta move from my computer to enter my access zone so.

I'm not seeing you, Izayoi. I entered the friend code correctly... :\
For White version?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that earlier.

Suairyu

Banned
Izayoi said:

O GOD that is glorious.

Izayoi said:
Yup.

Huh? They trade for the GTS Pokemon so I assume that you can. As long as you don't have illegal stat/IV/EV totals I figured it was fair game.

Not a problem, man.
When I got a pokemon from someone on serebii it won't let me upload it to GTS so I just guessed it was hacked. It was just a simple level 20 something Scraggy. I released it though.

Forkball

How the hell am I supposed to catch Victini with Great Balls? I have him down to a sliver and he breaks out without even one shake!

Balb

Forkball said:
How the hell am I supposed to catch Victini with Great Balls? I have him down to a sliver and he breaks out without even one shake!

Keep tossing them and you'll get it eventually.

D-Pad

Now that I think about it, I should have asked Izayoi to go ahead and hatch it for me. :(

Is there even an ID lottery in this game?

P90

Forkball said:

Put him to sleep and use down+B. Two great balls and he was mine.

Ravidrath

Izayoi, have a female Panpour?

D-Pad said:

Even better - a dude next to the Connection Gals in Castellia gives you rewards based on the number of unique trainer IDs you have in your possession.

Have 50, and you get a Master Ball.

Ravidrath

This is DS, guys - you have to scream into the mic when the ball connects.

The more decibels you have, the higher your catch rate is.

D-Pad

Ravidrath said:
Even better - a dude next to the Connection Gals gives you rewards based on the number of unique trainer IDs you have in your possession.

That's not the same! :mad: Damn it, GAME FREAK!!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just saw today was the last day to get Zoroark via WiFi on my Japanese Black.

Snagged that sucker. :)
Totally missed out on the Legendary Beasts so this is good.

Izayoi

Banned
MatthewB92 said:
When I got a pokemon from someone on serebii it won't let me upload it to GTS so I just guessed it was hacked. It was just a simple level 20 something Scraggy. I released it though.
Looking into it, they probably made it wrong. There's only a few elements that the GTS checks for apparently.

D-Pad said:
Thank you, Izayoi!
No problem. :)

Raxus said:
Izayoi, do you want to trade? What are you seeking?
Tirtouga for ANY egg.
Tornadus for ANY egg.
Reshiram for ANY egg.

I also have a handful of spare Legendaries on HGSSDPPt if you want me to check.

D-Pad said:
There is not.

Ravidrath said:
Izayoi, have a female Panpour?
No, unfortunately. I seem to have terrible luck with getting female Pokemon for some reason.

Ravidrath said:
Even better - a dude next to the Connection Gals gives you rewards based on the number of unique trainer IDs you have in your possession.

Is it unique trainer IDs? I thought it was based on trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom