• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

RhombusPrime said:
Does anyone have any tips for catching a Drilbur? I've been searching forever, I really want him on my team!

He's in caves, you'll find him in the shaking dust tiles. Just keep running back and forth until one pops up... Though you might need to bring repels.

Ravidrath

RhombusPrime said:
Does anyone have any tips for catching a Drilbur? I've been searching forever, I really want him on my team!

Run back and forth in a cave and look out for dust clouds.

Repel should help you not "waste" them, because they'l disappear if you get into a random encounter.

njean777

FTH said:
Ok so I haven't been in here since launch because I wanted to avoid spoilers, but I had to ask.

1)How many Pokemon do you guys train at a time? I'm trying 3 right now, but is that the most efficient number?

2)Also is it ok if you nickname your Pokemon and trade? Or do people get mad at that stuff?

Love this game, I'm taking it really slow and catching every pokemon I encounter in the grasses. I will be a Pokemon Masterrrrr!!!! ♥♥♥

I never nickname them for this exact reason.

Christine

Teknoman said:
Yeah im not really sure why they thought it was such a great idea to add. IR to Pokewalker? Sure...but game to game? It even seems to have the best method of battling (manual says it automatically boosts/reduces pokemon to level 50).

It's an anti-piracy measure, imo.

Izayoi

Banned
Protip for IR:

It's basically a handshake. Once you use IR and confirm the ID of each cart you can take them apart from each other. It uses wireless for the rest.

Basically the IR is a way of cutting down the stupidly long handshake process that wireless needs to go through, saves a ton of time and I love it.

Been playing this for the past two days.

Holy crap, it's the best Pokemon game ever. Just got my second badge. I've been playing the series since the originals (still have to buy HG, though), but this is, by far, the best experience so far. I just love all the little touches to really make the game stand out from the rest.

zychi

Banned
How exactly do I go about trading my pokemon from soulsilver to white? I've beaten both games main storylines. I know I need an item that I'm supposed to get after beating the main story in White, but have no idea where to find it.

Teknoman

Izayoi said:
Protip for IR:

It's basically a handshake. Once you use IR and confirm the ID of each cart you can take them apart from each other. It uses wireless for the rest.

Basically the IR is a way of cutting down the stupidly long handshake process that wireless needs to go through, saves a ton of time and I love it.

Oh in that case, thats much better for straight 1 v 1 battles or trades.

Gravijah said:
so i heard tek sucks

>:)

Magnus

Man, that was a fucking exciting final series of battles. In no small part thanks to my wonderfully underleveled team, and to a couple of Max Revives and Hyper Potions. :)

Emboar 57
Victini 40
Vanillish 38
Zebstrika 33
Basculin 32
Ducklett 23 (lol)

Zekrom 50 during the N battle, subbing out poor Ducklett, my Fly/Surfer

edit-

Oh, christ, premature-much....I'm not done yet! lol

I love how there's an huge stress in this game on multilingualism and multicultural aspects; characters speaking foreign languages, German being mixed with English in the same sentence, Pokémon names in languages other than Latin, Japanese and English, and of course Koukan Talk.

First the Pokéwalker, now this, I can't even play a fucking video game without some form of self-improvement.
And I am completely okay with this.

Teknoman

Electivirus said:
I love how there's an huge stress in this game on multilingualism and multicultural aspects; characters speaking foreign languages, German being mixed with English in the same sentence, Pokémon names in languages other than Latin, Japanese and English, and of course Koukan Talk.

First the Pokéwalker, now this, I can't even play a fucking video game without some form of self-improvement.
And I am completely okay with this.

Wait for the 3DS Pokemon...

zychi said:
How exactly do I go about trading my pokemon from soulsilver to white? I've beaten both games main storylines. I know I need an item that I'm supposed to get after beating the main story in White, but have no idea where to find it.
You need to go to the transfer lab on route 15.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Speaking of nicknaming...

Due to the censor that prevents Pokémon with offensive nicknames being traded on the GTS, an English language Cofagrigus cannot be traded without a nickname.

lol

Emitan

Can anyone explain Entralink? Me and 2 friends were using it but we didn't understand a single thing about it. It seems that you just do random missions for people and then you get weird rewards that we don't understand.

RagnarokX

Teknoman said:
Really glad I got lucky with Drillbur in Chargestone then. Seems like it's pretty rare.
I caught a drilbur in the first cave. Just ran in and out the door until I saw ground shaking and used a repel to get to it :D He's an excadrill now with swords dance, earthquake, and rockslide. I should probably round him out a bit with X-Scissor.

Billychu said:
Can anyone explain Entralink? Me and 2 friends were using it but we didn't understand a single thing about it. It seems that you just do random missions for people and then you get weird rewards that we don't understand.
That and the trainers or pokemon in white forest or black city change.

Billychu said:
Only one of us (not me) has beaten the Elite 4, so do we still get the White City benefits?
Yea just won't matter because your friend wouldn't have seen the pokemon available before. Try it after going there and your friend will see different pokemon.

Kintaco

So I just started trying to breed, and I got a couple of eggs but I have no idea how to hatch them. Also are bred Pokemon better than wild ones? Should I focus on breeding my teams from now on?

Kintaco said:
So I just started trying to breed, and I got a couple of eggs but I have no idea how to hatch them. Also are bred Pokemon better than wild ones? Should I focus on breeding my teams from now on?
Hatching eggs is done by walking, and it matters on if breeding is better or not. For moves that it can't learn without breeding, of course. But if you wanted to you could try catching a pokemon in the wild. Could also be faster than hatching eggs just matters what pokemon it is.

Kintaco

MatthewB92 said:
Hatching eggs is done by walking, and it matters on if breeding is better or not. For moves that it can't learn without breeding, of course. But if you wanted to you could try catching a pokemon in the wild. Could also be faster than hatching eggs just matters what pokemon it is.
How do they learn moves? I think I read from the male parent? I assume I must have the egg on me while I walk?

Kintaco said:
How do they learn moves? I think I read from the male parent? I assume I must have the egg on me while I walk?
Yea the male has to have the move and yes have to have the egg on you. It matters what pokemon it is. It can take 5k steps or 10k but you can also cut that number in half if you have a pokemon with flame body.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Kintaco said:
The pokemon inherits moves from the father.

The child will inherit any move the father knows that the child can learn via TM or level up, or a special set of moves called "egg moves" which the pokemon can inherit from its father, despite being unable to learn them via TM or level up.

And yes, you must have the egg with you. The number of steps needed to hatch is dependent upon the specific pokemon species being hatched from the egg.

Magnus

Magnus said:
Man, that was a fucking exciting final series of battles. In no small part thanks to my wonderfully underleveled team, and to a couple of Max Revives and Hyper Potions. :)

Emboar 57
Victini 40
Vanillish 38
Zebstrika 33
Basculin 32
Ducklett 23 (lol)

Zekrom 50 during the N battle, subbing out poor Ducklett, my Fly/Surfer

edit-

Oh, christ, premature-much....I'm not done yet! lol

Ok, actually finished now! That was tough shit with my piddling team. The Emboar had made it to 60 by the time I made it to the end, and the Victini went up to 41 I think.

Would it be a viable (but deeply cheap strategy) to pingpong a Pokemon enemy by repeatedly using Revive on two weak Pokemon, back and forth, in order to deplete all of the enemy's PP so that it can't attack, at which point you bring your big guns in and destroy it?

So yay, Dex is at 130 at completion (seen, probably 40 caught?), 25:00 time on the dot. Time for the fun post-game shit at last!

Edit:

(post-game lulz)
LOVE that the game trolls itself, with the government dude showing up, giving you a mission to hunt the sages, then handing you your first fishing rod, to which even your mom goes, wtf does this have to do with anything? Just like every other NPC handing you a random useful item that has nothing to do with that person.

I lol'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom