• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Pad

Ravidrath said:
You'd rather have a 1/100000 chance than a guaranteed way to succeed?

Yep! Know why? Because of all of my different IDs in HG/SS (from trading from previous gens) I was almost always getting something EVERY SINGLE DAY. Now I'm supposed to be content with a one-time prize? A masterball, at that, which I never use anyway? :p Nah, no way.

And I beat the game. That last fight was a serious pain, though.
I had to use my only Pokemon that could resist two attacks of Ghetsis' dragon Pokemon. I used it to confuse him, changed to a stronger Pokemon, hoped his dragon would hit himself, then attacked the dragon and once again hoped it would not attack me and then did that last step again to deal the final hit. So I successfully relied on a 12,5% chance of his dragon type not attacking me. :lol

survivor

Banned
slaughterking said:
I had to use my only Pokemon that could resist two attacks of Ghetsis' dragon Pokemon. I used it to confuse him, changed to a stronger Pokemon, hoped his dragon would hit himself, then attacked the dragon and once again hoped it would not attack me and then did that last step again to deal the final hit. So I successfully relied on a 12,5% chance of his dragon type not attacking me. :lol
Hey man at least you used a viable strategy. I was just using Revive and Hyper Potion trying to stall him so he runs out of Focus Blast PPs. I felt so ashamed at such a cheap strategy.

D-Pad

slaughterking said:

And you call yourself slaughterking. :p

survivor said:
Hey man at least you used a viable strategy. I was just using Revive and Hyper Potion trying to stall him so he runs out of Focus Blast PPs. I felt so ashamed at such a cheap strategy.
Heh, I was thinking about trying the same, but I realized how long this would take and success was still not guaranteed. Using my stupid strategy would fail me sooner rather than later, but for some reason it worked on my second try. Yay. :eek:

D-Pad said:
And you call yourself slaughterking. :p
Yeah, don't remind me. I wish could change that name. :p

Gravijah

slaughterking said:
Heh, I was thinking about trying the same, but I realized how long this would take and success was still not guaranteed. Using my stupid strategy would fail me sooner rather than later, but for some reason it worked on my second try. Yay. :eek:

Yeah, don't remind me. I wish could change that name. :p

If you really wanted to, you could. Not sure how you go about it though, other than PMing a mod.

Zzoram

So any kind souls here have Gen 1 starters to trade/donate, preferably female? I want them for the nostalgia factor, I'm not sure what the supply of them is like.

kiryani

Izayoi said:
Looking into it, they probably made it wrong. There's only a few elements that the GTS checks for apparently.

No problem. :)

Tirtouga for ANY egg.
Tornadus for ANY egg.
Reshiram for ANY egg.

I also have a handful of spare Legendaries on HGSSDPPt if you want me to check.

There is not.

No, unfortunately. I seem to have terrible luck with getting female Pokemon for some reason.

Is it unique trainer IDs? I thought it was based on trades.

If Wi-Fi is working I can trade you a Tirtouga.

I could use a Mudkip right now :3

Red

Just finished a random matchup with a guy who had a level 50 Zekrom, Reshiram, Ryurem, and grass/steel dude, all shiny. All of them seemed to have stats boosted WAY above normal. If this is the type of stuff I can expect from the online multiplayer it might be best just not to bother :/

Gravijah

Zzoram said:
So any kind souls here have Gen 1 starters to trade/donate, preferably female? I want them for the nostalgia factor, I'm not sure what the supply of them is like.

I might, I need to go look through my old games... I'm not very uh... organized. Heh.

Zzoram

Gravijah said:
I might, I need to go look through my old games... I'm not very uh... organized. Heh.

Thanks for looking. It's annoying that they don't include some way to get the old Pokemon without transfer chaining across generations. Gen 1 Pokemon are nostalgic favourites.

Ravidrath

OK, at the suggestion of someone here, I got the Snarl Zoroark Mystery Gift on my Japanese White.

Bred it and it DID pass Snarl onto the offspring, so it looks like we can have nice things, after all.

Maybe I can distribute some of those, along with Dark Pulse Deinos, to up our collective breeding game.

Red

Ravidrath said:
OK, at the suggestion of someone here, I got the Snarl Zoroark Mystery Gift on my Japanese White.

Bred it and it DID pass Snarl onto the offspring, so it looks like we can have nice things, after all.

Maybe I can distribute some of those, along with Dark Pulse Deinos, to up our collective breeding game.
Could I get a Zorua off you? Don't have much to trade as I'm not post-game yet.

KingK

Does anyone here with a Shelmet want to help me evolve my Karrablast?

edit: Anyone? I'm dying to get this guy on my team ASAP!

Escacalier.jpg

Raxus

Forceatowulf said:
Can someone here help teach my Squirtle Surf and my Drilbur Sandstorm?

Would very much appreciate it.
Let me see if I have sandstorm. Surf is no problem.
Want dive and waterfall?

Gravijah

Zzoram said:
Thanks for looking. It's annoying that they don't include some way to get the old Pokemon without transfer chaining across generations. Gen 1 Pokemon are nostalgic favourites.

Sorry, I looked around but I'm not sure where I put my Gen 1 Pokemon.

Blizzard

Banned
Crunched said:
Just finished a random matchup with a guy who had a level 50 Zekrom, Reshiram, Ryurem, and grass/steel dude, all shiny. All of them seemed to have stats boosted WAY above normal. If this is the type of stuff I can expect from the online multiplayer it might be best just not to bother :/
Probably once it becomes easy to hack/do, sure. Even if it were possible to detect hacked ones, presumably people can just crank the legit stats as high as legally possible and use those.

In previous games you could abuse the random number generator and get max stat/shiny pokemon legally, but that's probably a lot of work if one can just use a pokesav and ROM kart or something. Can people who pirate the game with a flashcard still play online?

Zzoram

thetechkid said:
Zzoram, if you willing to wait(or no one else can help) I can breed some tomorrow after my tests.

Sure that's great! What's your timezone? I'm EST (GMT-5) and should be free around 6pm onwards tomorrow.

Red

Wilsongt said:
So... all of my Pokemon with me have Pokerus. If I transfer one of them to the box, will it propagate there?
No, but you should probably keep a few locked away, since Pokerus only lasts a day now. Save them for when you need it, or infect a few others to carry it and stay in storage.

Gravijah

Wilsongt said:
So... all of my Pokemon with me have Pokerus. If I transfer one of them to the box, will it propagate there?

No, but it will stay there so you can spread it to other Pokemon later. Just take some Pokemon you don't care about, spread PKRS to them, and then move them into the box.

thetechkid

Zzoram said:
Sure that's great! What's your timezone? I'm EST (GMT-5) and should be free around 6pm onwards tomorrow.

PST, I'll be free after 1pm. Won't be able actually breed them till then(technically should be studying now). Also I'll be able to trade from platinum directly to you right?

Crunched said:

I'm almost certain there are checks for hacked stats...people have been playing since the japanese versions came out and I haven't heard complaints like this before

Raxus

Wilsongt said:
What's the purpose of turning the C-Gear on if none of the features are working?
Wireless play and communicating passerby's on the street. The online portion is coming in the 30th.

Red

Zoramon089 said:
I'm almost certain there are checks for hacked stats...people have been playing since the japanese versions came out and I haven't heard complaints like this before
Maybe those legendaries were simply stronger than I anticipated. All my guys were 1HKOd, and they were only 2-3 levels below his. But even my strongest attacks were taking down, at most, 1/20 of their HP. Didn't seem right.

Gravijah

TheExodu5 said:
I'm going to play Pokemon while I watch Pokemon Episode 1.

Speaking of the Anime, how is the newest series? Was thinking of downloading it and watching it with my sister.

Note: Not really directed at you, TheExodu5.

Raxus

KingK said:
Would you happen to have a Shelmet you could trade with me to evolve my Karrablast?
Nope, I have a handful of trade evolutions lined up I have been meaning to take care of since yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom