• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

For Battle Station, do you have to beat all 7 cars on a train to get 1 BP? I retired after beating 3 cars and didn't get any BP.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
HolyCheck said:
much easier, I currently have two exp share items that I keep on my weakest pokemon at all time (gives them a split of the exp) and I put a lucky egg (boosts the exp gained) on the pokemon iim using to power through the battles
This plus being able to train six at a time because of the lack of HM Slaves has really streamlined the experience. Just one reason why I haven't given up on teh game unlike the previous two.

Morokh

Shahadan said:
So it's my first time on the GTS...holy shit. Hacker and moron paradise ? They all want OMG ZEKROM LVL 100 ! Fortunately I had a few Tepig to trade with people who are normal.

Simple rule about GTS, NEVER search for anything, always put a pokemon of yours in it (starters are a good choice in the eraly weeks) ask for what you want being reasonable, and things should go quite fast.

Also requesting/seeking previous gen pokemon is impossible?

You can only request Pokemons you have seen ingame, so you won't be able to search for previous gen poke until after E4.

For Battle Station, do you have to beat all 7 cars on a train to get 1 BP? I retired after beating 3 cars and didn't get any BP.

7 cars reward you 3 BP
Leaving before earns you nothing.
Loosing resets your win counter.

After 3 series of 7 cars you face the champion, if you beat him you gain a BP bonus that increases everytime you beat him without loosing.

Oh, Drayden, great AI you've got there...

I inadvertently let his Fraxure Dragon Dance twice while my Krookodile used Dig (it hasn't learnt Earthquake yet), but instead of sweeping my whole team he uses Dragon Rage and gets murdered. I get his Druddigon down to red HP and use the next turn to switch to Sawk because I know he'll use a Hyper Potion. He lets my Sawk get in three Bulk Ups while using Revenge against me instead of whatever Dragon move would just kill me in half, and then I slaughter all his remaining dudes.

Pokemon League, suckers!

Zzoram said:

Regular Solo battles get you 3 BP for the first 7 cars, another 3 BP for the next 7 cars IIRC, and 10 BP if you beat the 21st opponent.

Super Solo gives you 5 BP for beating the first 7, 6 BP for 8 to 14 and I never got further than that so yeah.

Zzoram

JackEtc said:
Where can you get exp share items? I don't believe I have any....

There was some building in the 2nd or 3rd gym city that you had to battle a bunch of trainers in after going up an elevator. The last guy has an EXP SHARE to give you.

JackEtc

Zzoram said:
There was some building in the 2nd or 3rd gym city that you had to battle a bunch of trainers in after going up an elevator. The last guy has an EXP SHARE to give you.
Alright, thanks.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Just beat the game...

HOLY CRAP such a fantastic end-game run-up. Wow. Blown away.

I don't know if I feel comfortable saying this because I still have like half the region to explore, but I think this may be the best in the series. It may conquer Gold/Silver. For the first time since those games I feel GameFreak really put their all into this game, instead of just coasting.

A+++++ would buy again.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
they really need to allow you more search criteria on the GTS so that you can filter out all the unreasonable crap

For instance, if you want pokemon X, you should be able to search by pokemon sought after by the other person. Or at least let you filter out offers seeking legendaries. I'm sick of looking for starters and version exclusives on the GTS and everyone is asking for a fucking level 100 Azelf or something like that. I want to be able to search for a female tepig of any level being offered on the GTS in exchange for any pokemon excluding Reshiram, Zekrom, and Pikachu.

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
Just beat the game...

I don't know if I feel comfortable saying this because I still have like half the region to explore, but I think this may be the best in the series. It may conquer Gold/Silver. For the first time since those games I feel GameFreak really put their all into this game, instead of just coasting.

A+++++ would buy again.

I know, right?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
GaimeGuy said:
they really need to allow you more search criteria on the GTS so that you can filter out all the unreasonable crap

For instance, if you want pokemon X, you should be able to search by pokemon sought after by the other person. Or at least let you filter out offers seeking legendaries. I'm sick of looking for starters and version exclusives on the GTS and everyone is asking for a fucking level 100 Azelf or something like that. I want to be able to search for a female tepig of any level being offered on the GTS in exchange for any pokemon excluding Reshiram, Zekrom, and Pikachu.
I really don't understand the GTS Negotiation filtering. It's just so vague. I decided to offer "cute" since that's about as close as I could get. The moment I meet a partner I offer up some cute citters, a Panpour and a Solosis. Those are "cute" right? Anyway they keep showing up super rare legendaries and the unhappy face. What kind of bartering is that? You don't go to McDonald's and demand a Michelin star meal just because you have £100 in your pocket. I showed my goods and you give me an offer that you think is fair. If you want a Zekrom, don't say you want "cute".

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Also, why is it that japan always seems to be the worst in terms of unreasonable trades?

Boney

Banned
Andrex said:
Just beat the game...

A+++++ would buy again.
You will. In 2 years.

But I agree, it was fantastic. Rivaling G/S, I still need to investigate the post game content.

Almyn

Just beat it myself. Was fantastic from start to finish.

Now that I'm done with the story stuff though, What else is left to do? This is the first Pokemon game I have finished. My only real goal with the game at the moment is to complete the Unova Pokedex. I understand there is over 600 pokemon in the compete pokedex now, But does anyone know realistically how many of them are obtainable in black/white?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Boney said:
You will. In 2 years.

But I agree, it was fantastic. Rivaling G/S, I still need to investigate the post game content.

Actually I was thinking in a few months I'll pick up Black. For the phat loot, I need to get a leg up on people since I can't transfer my Gen 4 items...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
BGBW said:
I really don't understand the GTS Negotiation filtering. It's just so vague. I decided to offer "cute" since that's about as close as I could get. The moment I meet a partner I offer up some cute citters, a Panpour and a Solosis. Those are "cute" right? Anyway they keep showing up super rare legendaries and the unhappy face. What kind of bartering is that? You don't go to McDonald's and demand a Michelin star meal just because you have £100 in your pocket. I showed my goods and you give me an offer that you think is fair. If you want a Zekrom, don't say you want "cute".

It'll never be great for trading. Only if I could request a specific Pokemon would it then be decent.

Suairyu

Banned
gTdE9.gif

*squee*

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The different rooms in the Pokemon Center use elevators? This game is full of neat surprises.

I'm on, Wiseblade.

Andrefpvs

Gravijah said:
Speaking of the Anime, how is the newest series? Was thinking of downloading it and watching it with my sister.

Note: Not really directed at you, TheExodu5.

It's way better, mostly because they changed Team Rocket (that means the old boring formula is changed). Also it's more well drawn/animated (HD?).

There's bonus enjoyment if you played the game. The music is awesome as it's taken right from the game (Accumula Town, Wild Battle, etc <3). Also, people go totally nuts when they see
Pikachu and other Kanto Pokémon
("We don't have those here!").

Also, Tepig's episode will break your freaking heart :'(

Wiseblade

Andrefpvs said:
It's way better, mostly because they changed Team Rocket (that means the old boring formula is changed). Also it's more well drawn/animated (HD?).

There's bonus enjoyment if you played the game. The music is awesome as its taken right from the game (Accumula Town, Wild Battle, etc <3). Also, people go totally nuts when they see
Pikachu
("We don't have those here!").

Also, Tepig's episode will break your freaking heart :'(
What? That's the worst thing about the new anime!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Andrefpvs said:
You mean no more Prepare for trouble.
Make it double.
To protect the world from devastation.
To unite all people within our nation.
To denounce the evils of truth and love.
To extend our reach to the stars above.
Jessie!
James!
Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light.
Surrender now or prepare to fight?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
BGBW said:
Make it double.
Jessie!
James!

Meowth, That's right!

(I don't actually know if it's right or not...)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
took around 2 hours to catch emolga last night............ please tell me he is the worst wild pokemon to catch. uggh. if I have to fight a single other audino not by choice, I am going to break something.

thetechkid

Zzoram said:
I haven't beaten the Elite 4 so no :(

You have to beat the Elite 4 to trade with Gen IV. I suppose you could breed some and I could do the trade in a couple days if you're still available.

2223-5567-8150

Alright well then just let me know when you beat the E4.

Mr. Sam

So I'm breeding in the post game. What's the deal with the Daycare Center - do they still call you when they have an egg ready for collection? Oh, and what pokemon should I carry to make the eggs hatch faster?

Mr. Sam said:
So I'm breeding in the post game. What's the deal with the Daycare Center - do they still call you when they have an egg ready for collection? Oh, and what pokemon should I carry to make the eggs hatch faster?

They dont call you but the old man will shout at you. I've been carrying a litwick w/ flame body to hatch my eggs

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Sigh :( Just lost my first pokebattle to

(end game spoilers)

Ghetsis after beating lord N :( It was so close too)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HolyCheck said:
Sigh :( Just lost my first pokebattle to

(end game spoilers)

Ghetsis after beating lord N :( It was so close too)

Same thing happened to me! Hist last one was practically in the red.

Reknoc

BGBW said:
Make it double.
Jessie!
James!

You ask us if the motto has changed?
We will answer for the sake of tomorrow!
Future! A white future reflects the color of evil!
Universe! The hammer of justice in a black world!
Our names will be remembered in this place!
Destroyer of passion, Musashi!
Pure heart of darkness, Kojir&#333;!
Infinite intelligence, Nyarth!
Come gather! Under the name of Team Rocket!

(I've not heard the english version)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Reknoc said:
You ask us if the motto has changed?
We will answer for the sake of tomorrow!
Future! A white future reflects the color of evil!
Universe! The hammer of justice in a black world!
Our names will be remembered in this place!
Destroyer of passion, Musashi!
Pure heart of darkness, Kojir&#333;!
Infinite intelligence, Nyarth!
Come gather! Under the name of Team Rocket!

(I've not heard the english version)

It goes:

That is the question, so twerpish indeed!
The answer to come as we feel the need!
Bringing the blinding white light of evil into the future!
Thrusting the hammer of justice down onto the black darkness of the universe!
And carving our names in the rock of eternity!
The fiery destroyer, Jessie!
And with thunderous emotion, I am James!
Wisest of the wise, Meowth!
Now gather, under the name of Team Rocket!

PUxKQ.gif

So, they kept it very similar.

I didn't think I'd like BW Team Rocket but because they're more serious now they don't rhyme as much, which bugged the hell out of me in DP.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
borghe said:
took around 2 hours to catch emolga last night............ please tell me he is the worst wild pokemon to catch. uggh. if I have to fight a single other audino not by choice, I am going to break something.

The trick is to not be looking for it. I've run into a bunch of Emolga's by accident. There are some places better than others though (5% chance vs 10%), and there's an in-game trade for one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom