• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck Yeah Rufflet evolved into Wargle.

Don't know if these stats are good but I hatched a Deino egg with Adamant nature(which seems to be good from what I've see on gamefaqs)

HP 12
Att 6
Def 6
SPATK 4
SPDef 6
SPD 5

Gonna replace my Krookadile.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Suairyu said:
You have broken your own clever disguise! Infiltrator!

Both Pokemon and YGO scratch a certain analytical, strategical itch I have. But I haven't played YGO in over a year (and that was on a simulator, even. IRL I haven't played it in like six years.)

Andrefpvs

Is Opelucid City's theme as good in Black as it is in White? It's so good in White!

Fake edit: Actually I just checked. I like techno music, but it ruins a little the theme in this case. White wins.

Opelucid City Theme (Pokémon White)

Opelucid City Theme (Pokémon Black)

Wiseblade said:
This is the second worst thing about the anime. Ash's Pikachu has achieved too much to be jobbing to every other thing that comes along. Hell, ASH has achieved too much to be jobbing. He's comes right off a top 4 finish in the Sinnoh League and is losing to the second Gym Leader? No way.

Yeah, I still remember when he defeated a badass Dragonite by himself pretty early on in the whole series.

He shouldn't be losing to
a Panpour or a starter Snivy (even without being able to use electric attacks)
. Makes no sense and kinda throws away the whole point of Pokémon training.

ryan-ts

Andrex said:
I want it because it reminds me of the Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon.

Talking shit about Team Rocket but you like a Pokemon because it reminds you of something from Yugioh? You like Mocchi too?

Wiseblade

ExtraKr1spy said:
Fuck Yeah Rufflet evolved into Wargle.

Don't know if these stats are good but I hatched a Deino egg with Adamant nature(which seems to be good from what I've see on gamefaqs)

HP 12
Att 6
Def 6
SPATK 4
SPDef 6
SPD 5

Gonna replace my Krookadile.

Eh. Hydreigon has a Higher S.Atk and most of his best moves are special, so Modest/Timid would be better. Adamant is definitely sill usable though.

Magnus

Where can I find Heart Scales again? Need to hunt some down for Move recovery.

People are kidding when they're praising this (or any Pokemon game) for having a good story, right? I mean, White might be better than the others, but they're all just plain awful. Campy disasters, 2/10's at best. I have fun with it and all, but yeah. No. lol

I got a nice epic sensation out of the game's events and presentation in the last few hours of the main 'campaign', but it was short-lived.

The music on the other hand, goddamn, as catchy and hummable as ever. My favorite track is still probably the one used in the Victini fight. Haven't heard it since. I imagine other legendary fights may use it?

I caught my second ever shiny Pokemon last night! In this case, it was a Klink.

Magnus said:

I'm still early in so I don't know where you can find a bunch of heart scales, but I'll give you one if you want. If you have that snail Pokemon, could you help me evolve my karrablast as well?

The music has been very catchy so far, yeah! Driftveil city and that legendary fight theme are my favorites so far.

Bauer91

I'm at the Pokemon League, my Pokemon are around level 44 so I should probably spend some time grinding. What's the best place to for that, Victory Road?

Wiseblade said:
Eh. Hydreigon has a Higher S.Atk and most of his best moves are special, so Modest/Timid would be better. Adamant is definitely sill usable though.

Leveled it up to 20 in 1 fight. Hasn't evolved yet but not really liking it though. Might just level up my other pokemon to be more on par with the post game trainers and then start doing the IV/EV training.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ryan-ts said:
Talking shit about Team Rocket but you like a Pokemon because it reminds you of something from Yugioh? You like Mocchi too?

What? I was defending TR if anything. :p

What's a Mocchi?

Raxus

Bauer91 said:
I'm at the Pokemon League, my Pokemon are around level 42 so I should probably spend some time grinding. What's the best place to for that, Victory Road?
Dunno if they are your level but check out the little and big stadium for new trainers every day.

ryan-ts

Andrex said:
What? I was defending TR if anything. :p

What's a Mocchi?

That duck thing from Monster Rancher.

559703Mocchi.jpg

usea

Magnus said:
People are kidding when they're praising this (or any Pokemon game) for having a good story, right? I mean, White might be better than the others, but they're all just plain awful. Campy disasters, 2/10's at best. I have fun with it and all, but yeah. No. lol

I got a nice epic sensation out of the game's events and presentation in the last few hours of the main 'campaign', but it was short-lived.
Yeah that game freak thread is just full of blind fans who are unable to see any sort of criticism about the games. I lied earlier when I said I wouldn't play bw because I've been playing it (only single player) and I'm almost done. There are still a ton of problems with the game that really are just inexcusable. Still enjoying it though.

Team:
530.png

excadrill
553.png

krookodile
561.png

sigilyph
555-standard.png

darmanitan
537.png

seismitoad
598.png

ferrothorn

Everybody is about level 40, and I'm at the last gym.

Suairyu

Banned
Wait, did Ash really have a metapod vs metapod fight in episode four? That's worse than the flash animation magicarp splash attack fight.

btkadams

Magnus said:
Where can I find Heart Scales again? Need to hunt some down for Move recovery.

The music on the other hand, goddamn, as catchy and hummable as ever. My favorite track is still probably the one used in the Victini fight. Haven't heard it since. I imagine other legendary fights may use it?
the story is leagues better than the other games, but yeah it still falls short of any rpg game released in the past 15 years really. pokemon has never been about story, but people are excited about the story in this game because it shows game freak is trying to improve that aspect. they seem to like baby steps to test the water so maybe we will get a far better story in the next game since the fan reception of this one has been far better than previous. wow that probably is hard to read haha.

joelseph said:
Please share a few.
i'm also curious! i feel like the wild encounter rate is higher but i don't even mind that. i also like how they changed how much experience pkmn get when they're higher/lower than the enemy.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Suairyu said:
Wait, did Ash really have a metapod vs metapod fight in episode four? That's worse than the flash animation magicarp splash attack fight.

yes he did.

it was outstanding

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Managed to get a shiny Absol through trade negotiations, though I had to sacrifice the shiny Remoraid I got on there earlier.

Sadly its stats are about the worst I've seen.

Super Luck ability, Hasty nature
hp 0-1
atk 6
def 1..on a -10% defense nature
sp.a 11
sp.d. 8
speed 23

Shame I would definitely consider using it otherwise.

And to answer Mr. Sam's question0. I think only baby Pokemon can't breed. Meaning things like Igglybuff, Elekid, Happiny, Magby, Wynaut...

Pyrokai

So, let's say I've been reading about IVs and I understand (sorta) what they are, but I still have one question: How do I know my Pokemon's IVs? I just bred a level 1 Cubchoo and I want to know if it has good IVs. How can I tell?

Mr. Sam

Nils said:
And to answer Mr. Sam's question0. I think only baby Pokemon can't breed. Meaning things like Igglybuff, Elekid, Happiny, Magby, Wynaut...

Thank you. I was wondering if Axew constituted a baby pokemon, but I guess not.

ExtraKr1spy said:

And thank you too, I rea--

you can breed pokemon after they hatch O_O

O_O

On a related note, why does a newborn Kangaskhan already have a child in its pouch? I would have expected them to have made baby Kangaskhan a separate species by now. And also implemented its evolution into Cubone because we all know and it's too late to lie about it!

Roto13

Suairyu said:
Ha ha ha ha, yeah, I just watched that one a minute ago. xP "Maximum hardness!"

Bauer91

My team:

Samurott
Throh
Zebstrika
Simisear
Victini
Excadrill

Is that a good team for the Pokemon League battles or do I need some other type of Pokemon to make those battles easier?

Magnus

Octorockin' said:
I'm still early in so I don't know where you can find a bunch of heart scales, but I'll give you one if you want. If you have that snail Pokemon, could you help me evolve my karrablast as well?

Aw, no need to just give me one, haha. Thank you though.

New to the trading game and friend codes and all that jazz (first gen player from a decade ago, lol) - how can I offer to help you? Is it a trade-evolution thing? Trade me and I trade it back to you? I can definitely help. Just need to know how. :)

Manus

Would it be worth it to add a Ferroseed to my party? It's types would help out a lot, but I'm not to found of it's ability. Does anyone know how it turns out when it evolves?

Magnus

Bauer91 said:
My team:

Samurott
Throh
Zebstrika
Simisear
Victini
Excadrill

Is that a good team for the Pokemon League battles or do I need some other Pokemon type to make those battles easier?

I did it with one Pokemon above level 41, my starter. The rest were a Psychic and Ice type and almost everyone but the starter basically functioned as meat shields if I needed to have him out for a round or two to recover and heal him up. Basically, it's doable with a terrible team and some items. :p

I'm noticing a lot of people are abandoning their starter in their Elite-4 lineups. Why's that? They seem obscenely powerful, have great movesets and have been with you the whole game, so they're probably at a decent level already. My Emboar was a godsend in so many ways all game long.

LProtag

Is it pointless to use an Escavalier in my party if I've already got an Excadrill? I like Escavalier, but it seems like it has a bad movepool, highest attack strength is 80 (before STAB).

Magnus said:
Aw, no need to just give me one, haha. Thank you though.

New to the trading game and friend codes and all that jazz (first gen player from a decade ago, lol) - how can I offer to help you? Is it a trade-evolution thing? Trade me and I trade it back to you? I can definitely help. Just need to know how. :)

That's a big generational leap! So yeah, we add each others friend codes via the pal pad, then go into a Pokemon center and use the wifi club feature on the top floor. I'd trade you my Karrablast so it can evolve, then we trade back.

This guy is a little different tricky though, because he only evolves during a trade with Shelmet. If you have that Pokemon, then let's do this!

3353 3473 2590 Peter

is there a website that lists the best pokemon for each type like

Top 5 from
Dragon
Electric
Fire
Etc.

Also disappointed with the small and big court/stadium

You can fight trainers but you can't watch the game when they play :/.
Would have also been awesome if they had Tennis, Baseball, Basketball, Football and Soccer mini games.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well encountered my first ever passerby. Strangely enough according to the clock this would have occurred just after I got back home.

Red

Ha, my first shiny since Silver just showed up. Woobat. Caught with a quick ball immediately. Will never use.

BGBW said:
Well encountered my first ever passerby. Strangely enough according to the clock this would have occurred just after I got back home.
The passerby is in your house

ExtraKr1spy said:
is there a website that lists the best pokemon for each type like

Top 5 from
Dragon
Electric
Fire
Etc.

It's not quite that simple. Physical or special? In-game or competitively? Singles or doubles?

Having said that, I think Smogon has usage data so you can see what people think are the best (and therefore include on their competitive teams). I'm just not sure where it is for the current generation. Firestorm might be able to point you to it...

Roto13

Ok, so I'm looking for a Chikorita. I have every other starter in the series, except that one, so I can breed to trade for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom