• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to connect with you, but it's giving a communication error when I try (code 86420).

Maybe try connecting to me instead?

Sending request...

Zane

BGBW said:
You mean no more Prepare for trouble.
Make it double.
To protect the world from devastation.
To unite all people within our nation.
To denounce the evils of truth and love.
To extend our reach to the stars above.
Jessie!
James!
Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light.
Surrender now or prepare to fight?

They ditched that motto like five years ago.

(i still regularly watch the anime because im a big fat loser)

WTF at Post Game :/ My pokemon are out leveled by 10 sometimes(my haxorus at 58 is the closest I can get tot he lvl 65 trainers).

even with the lucky egg I only get around 700-1200 exp fighting the highest lvl wild pokemon I can find.

Griffith

Banned
ColtraineGF said:
I'm trying to connect with you, but it's giving a communication error when I try (code 86420).

Sending request...
Yeah, looks like it's not working.

ryan-ts

So Team Rocket went from being awesome to being lame, thats awful. When James got the Victreebel, I think thats when I knew Team Rocket was going downhill.

Zane

ryan-ts said:
So Team Rocket went from being awesome to being lame, thats awful. When James got the Victreebel, I think thats when I knew Team Rocket was going downhill.

Nah, TR is rad as hell in the new series.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Andrex said:
PUxKQ.gif
Woah, they wear black now like the rest of the unit. Promotions?

r4z4

I want to try and make an all Eevee team. Guessing it's not possible in B/W? Could I do this with HG/SS only? Any suggestions much appreciated. Thanks!

Raxus

ColtraineGF said:

Sending request...
I was having the same problem. So far nobody knows what is going on. I am going to search for a dongle and hopefully that will solve some issues.

In the meantime if anyone wants to attempt to trade we can take a couple shots and see if it works. I have been having an on and off day with the wi-fi club.

Ack, guess we can't connect right now.

I guess I'll have to withdraw my trade request right now, since I have to go to work. Sorry for taking up your time!

Griffith

Banned
ColtraineGF said:
Ack, guess we can't connect right now.

I guess I'll have to withdraw my trade request right now, since I have to go to work. Sorry for taking up your time!
No problem. Maybe it'll work another time.

Kurtofan

The_Technomancer said:
I had a dream last night where I was playing the Zelda: Oracles games on my DS in the B/W engine.

Damnit Nintendo, make it happen.
I just want Nintendo to go back to top down 2D zelda games.

Wait this is the pokemon thread.

Wiseblade

r4z4 said:
I want to try and make an all Eevee team. Guessing it's not possible in B/W? Could I do this with HG/SS only? Any suggestions much appreciated. Thanks!
It's totally possible, you just need to trade for that first Eevee.

r4z4

Wiseblade said:
It's totally possible, you just need to trade for that first Eevee.
Wow nice! So I need a female Eevee to kick things off, so I can breed more?

And I can evolve to a Leafeon and Glaceon at rocks in Unova?

Wiseblade

r4z4 said:
Wow nice! So I need a female Eevee to kick things off, so I can breed more?

And I can evolve to a Leafeon and Glaceon at rocks in Unova?

Yeah, the Moss Rock is in Pinwheel Forest and the Ice Rock is in Twist Mountain.

You don't necessarily need a female Eevee since Dittos can be found ingame.

r4z4

Wiseblade said:
Yeah, the Moss Rock is in Pinwheel Forest and the Ice Rock is in Twist Mountain.

You don't necessarily need a female Eevee since Dittos can be found ingame.
Only have 7 badges so far, am guessing the Dittos are after E4?

Going to search for an Eevee on GTS.

Thanks for your help :)

ryan-ts

Zane said:
Nah, TR is rad as hell in the new series.
Okay, I'll watch and see if you're right....watching the Tepig episode

-What the heck is up with the intro?
-Iris, isn't that a gym leader in White?
- How does Ash's Pikachu even get hit, isn't he like a level 90 by this point?
- Why does Ash sound so young? I understand keeping him at the same age but I think he sounds even younger then before.
-Meowth sounds terrible.
-New Pokedex voice is lame
-Tepig is damn cute
-Team Rocket has a freakin force field....and gliders...

- Not half bad, Team Rocket is not nearly as cool as before though. I guess they don't have any Pokemon other than Meowth now?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ryan-ts said:
- Not half bad, Team Rocket is not nearly as cool as before though. I guess they don't have any Pokemon other than Meowth now?

Cool as before? Why not?

Jesse has a Woobat, but yeah, that's it.

The Striaton gym two-parter is a better ep to watch I think.

ryan-ts

Andrex said:
Cool as before? Why not?

Jesse has a Woobat, but yeah, that's it.

The Striaton gym two-parter is a better ep to watch I think.

Here are some reasons they aren't as cool:

-White outfits> Black outfits
-Old TR theme> New TR theme
-Old personalities> New personalities
- No "Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again!"

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ryan-ts said:
Here are some reasons they aren't as cool:

-White outfits> Black outfits

They're both OK. The black ones grow on you and look kind of cool.

ryan-ts said:
-Old TR theme> New TR theme

True but only because of the classic music. I like the more accurate translation.

ryan-ts said:
-Old personalities> New personalities

Eh it's too early in the series to say that. The old personalities got annoying as hell towards the end of DP.

ryan-ts said:
- No "Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again!"

That was always lame.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If N pops up in the anime I bet they'll have a hilarious gag where he'll talks to Meowth because that's like N's thing ya know, but then he realises everyone can already understand Meowth, so N first thinks his gift isn't quite so special. Oh ho, what a hoot.

And in a later scene Team Rocket finally get Pikachu, but Ghetsis pops up and is all like "Blah blah blah, you can not keep Pokemon, you must release them" so Team Rocket reluctantly give up Pikachu. And then Ghetsis secretly says "HA HA HA, it's all going according to plan", but the joke is that he is actually saying it out loud so everyone can hear him.

I hate to be "that guy," but could anyone help me evolve my Gurdurr really quickly? I have a new FC that hasn't been added to the spreadsheet yet:

Makoto
4598 9017 5724

If you decide to help me out, thanks so much. I really appreciate it.

drtomoe123 said:
I hate to be "that guy," but could anyone help me evolve my Gurdurr really quickly? I have a new FC that hasn't been added to the spreadsheet yet:

Makoto
4598 9017 5724

If you decide to help me out, thanks so much. I really appreciate it.
Sure, I'm on my way to the Wifi club.

5114 2635 5085

Suairyu

Banned
Hrm. Debating the benefits of replacing Blitzle's Thunderbolt with Thunder. A whole 25 more power, but also at a 25% accuracy loss.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Suairyu said:
Wild Pokémon inside a city?! 'fuck?

Fucking Pokemon have gone too far this time.

Suairyu said:
Hrm. Debating the benefits of replacing Blitzle's Thunderbolt with Thunder. A whole 25 more power, but also at a 25% accuracy loss.

Thunder will always screw you in the end with it's 70% accuracy. Keep Thunderbolt and worry not. Although, if it has higher attack, Wild Bolt might come into consideration as well.

There are "Pokemon Everywhere" ads plastered on nearly every page of the Metro in the UK today. Its kind of weird seeing them scattered amongst all the horrible news and images from Japan though -- it feels wrong somehow. The actual ad campaign looks quite good though, aesthetically and conceptually.

Reknoc

Marvelous Bridge
Truly marvelous! And also a bridge!

Okay that one made me laugh. Not seeing an unusual storm though news ticker :mad:

Andrefpvs

Wiseblade said:
Andrefpvs said:
It's way better, mostly because they changed Team Rocket (that means the old boring formula is changed). Also it's more well drawn/animated (HD?).

There's bonus enjoyment if you played the game. The music is awesome as it's taken right from the game (Accumula Town, Wild Battle, etc <3). Also, people go totally nuts when they see
Pikachu and other Kanto Pokémon
("We don't have those here!").

Also, Tepig's episode will break your freaking heart :'(

What? That's the worst thing about the new anime!

ryan-ts said:

Sure, if you liked all your episodes to be OMGwegotpikachuwaitwhatBOOMwe'reblastingoffagain!

At least now they have the decency to retreat or escape gliding!

The only bad thing about the new anime would be that it appears that Pikachu ate the whole world's stock of EV reducing berries.

Mr. Sam

radioheadrule83 said:
There are "Pokemon Everywhere" ads plastered on nearly every page of the Metro in the UK today. Its kind of weird seeing them scattered amongst all the horrible news and images from Japan though -- it feels wrong somehow. The actual ad campaign looks quite good though, aesthetically and conceptually.

Yeah, I saw that on the train today. The juxtaposition of the ad with what's printed above it is, well, quite something.

Red

Got my Haxorus. Holy fuck he is a monster.

Working my way up to the final gym now. I'm trying to raise a Vanillish for it. Good choice, or is there something better? There aren't many ice types to choose from.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Crunched said:
Got my Haxorus. Holy fuck he is a monster.

Working my way up to the final gym now. I'm trying to raise a Vanillish for it. Good choice, or is there something better? There aren't many ice types to choose from.

oh man! Need to start leveling mine up so he evolves into haxorus, can't wait

Reknoc

Andrefpvs said:
The only bad thing about the new anime would be that it appears that Pikachu ate the whole world's stock of EV reducing berries.

Only thing I found annoying was that Ash kept forgetting the basics of pretty much everything. Hadn't actually seen an episode prior since the original series though... Just not the same without Ant and Dec.

Suairyu

Banned
I'm laying it out now:

Icirrus City and Mistralton City are massive disappointments, both aesthetically and in regards to what you can do. They are basically outposts centered around a gym, not really justifying their existence on their own.

After the awesome cities previously in this game, that is hugely disappointing.

Reknoc said:
Only thing I found annoying was that Ash kept forgetting the basics of pretty much everything. Hadn't actually seen an episode prior since the original series though... Just not the same without Ant and Dec.
Gary uses Argos Catalogue!

Ash: "Oooh! I want that! That! That! AND THAT!"

It's super effective!

Red

HolyCheck said:
oh man! Need to start leveling mine up so he evolves into haxorus, can't wait
I'll probably swap him out for a Hydreigon as soon as I can, despite how powerful he is. His defense is poor enough that even from Pokemon ten levels lower he's taking big chunks of hurt.

Wiseblade

Andrefpvs said:
Sure, if you liked all your episodes to be OMGwegotpikachuwaitwhatBOOMwe'reblastingoffagain!

At least now they have the decency to retreat or escape gliding!

This is the second worst thing about the anime. Ash's Pikachu has achieved too much to be jobbing to every other thing that comes along. Hell, ASH has achieved too much to be jobbing. He's comes right off a top 4 finish in the Sinnoh League and is losing to the second Gym Leader? No way.

EDIT: What I hated most about the Team Rocket fiasco is that suddenly I'm supposed to buy that they're this super competent, elite force after years of hole digging and bumbling around. Give them a training arc or bring in a new character who hasn't spent a decade breaking the fourth wall or having their constant failures played for laughs if you want a more serious adversary. Don't just reskin the comic relief and be all: "Look, they're in black now. That means they're serious!"

slaughterking said:
Woah, I was hammering the B button, but I couldn't interrupt the evolution, drtomoe123. Your Pokemon has a stupid, German name now, sorry. :I

It's fine! Haha, I'm cool with the name. :)

Thank you so much, though! I really, really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom