• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wichu

Morokh said:
Base stat is a 'hidden' value in the game that defines the power of pokemon stats between them.

It doesn't directly reflect the value you'll see in the summary, but is directly related.

I'ts like putting every pokemon stats on the same 1 to 100 scale to make comparison easier. (except they are not on a 1-100 scale)

That doesn't seem really clear for an explanation but others may be able to help more ^^ I feel kind of limited with my english on this :p
The contribution of the base stat is given by (base stat * level) / 50. So at level 50, each base stat point gives you one stat point on the Summary screen. There's other factors that affect the stat too (for example, IVs, EVs and nature), and HP's formula is different (a Pokémon's HP is always greater than its level; a Pokémon with identical HP and, say, Attack base stats will generally have more HP).

Balb said:
Roaming pokemon have their natures set as soon as you create your file. at least that's how it was in r/s
In the newer games (4th gen onwards, I think), roamers have the natures and IVs set when you first meet them (i.e. when they start roaming, not the first time you encounter it). From Platinum onwards, you can change the nature and IVs by KOing it and beating the Elite Four (all KOed legendaries respawn when you do so).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Suairyu said:
Well, yeah, Japanese artists and pre-teen girls and all that. But I'd have assumed with Nintendo as overseer they'd be keeping things sane.

And they did.

Heck there have only been like... two? Kisses in the whole damn anime. TPC knows what its doing.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Achtius said:
wait..kisses? who kiss who?

The only one I really remember was the Latias girl in the fifth movie. There might have been one in the second movie too, don't really remember.

Swapped out Unfezant to train up a Joltik. Good idea? Unfezant was too plain for me, Joltik fills out 2 types I haven't had yet. HP on it seems a little lame though.

Gravijah

OBVIOUSLY THE CORRECT PAIRING FOR ASH IS

8AuUp.png

Jinko

Busaiku said:
So I've encountered Tornadus 4 times (after soft resetting) and every time it's been a Relaxed nature.
Was its nature determined when its event kicked off (I never encountered it before those 4 times), or should I keep trying to get a better nature?

Is there much point in going to so much trouble, you can't use legendaries in competitions or online, right ?

Gravijah

Teknoman said:
Is it supposed to rain for 3-4 days straight at some point in the game?

It rains randomly on certain routes anyway. I thought it was tied in with the
roamer, but I caught him long ago.

Where are you in the story?

Zane

Gravijah said:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/7/77/Emerald_Salon_Maiden_Anabel.png/347px-Emerald_Salon_Maiden_Anabel.png[img][/QUOTE]

It's humorous that so many of the female characters in the show want Ash's dick.

Suairyu

Banned
Gravijah said:

347px-Emerald_Salon_Maiden_Anabel.png
Hotlinking is unreliable at the best of times, but with bulbapedia during launch month? You're a damned fool!

And Andrex - I saw that Mewtwo Returns special the other day - what is this "they almost did" business that I completely missed about it?

Busaiku

Wichu said:
In the newer games (4th gen onwards, I think), roamers have the natures and IVs set when you first meet them (i.e. when they start roaming, not the first time you encounter it). From Platinum onwards, you can change the nature and IVs by KOing it and beating the Elite Four (all KOed legendaries respawn when you do so).
Oh, thank goodness.
Wait, does this mean I have to keep beating the Elite 4 every time? Or just complete the main game once (which I have)?

Jinko said:
Is there much point in going to so much trouble, you can't use legendaries in competitions or online, right ?
Nah, he's usable.

Boogiepop

Grr... trying to catch Volcarona. Get him down to 1 hp with False Swipe but I still can't get more than three shakes with a Dusk Ball. GET IN THERE, DAMN YOU!

Suairyu

Banned
So what do you guys think the chances of ever seeing another entry in the Pokémon Stadium series are? I'd have thought with DS>Wii WiFi available it would have been done a long time ago.

Bring back Pokémon Snap!
Wiseblade said:
does anyone have that fan art showing what the anime characters would look like if they "aged up" in real time?
Isn't that just Pokémon Gold/Silver?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
does anyone have that fan art showing what the anime characters would look like if they "aged up" in real time?

Should be...

SurfingTauros01.png

Woops, wrong one. :p

Timeline01.jpg
Timeline02.jpg

Dunno WTF is up with Brock and Claire in the first one but eh.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
farnham said:
does anyone know if you can poketransfer between a german pokemon dp and an english pokemon bw ? :(

Doesn't seem like it should. MidnightScott said he couldn't transfer between English SoulSilver and Japanese White. :(

Teknoman

Gravijah said:
It rains randomly on certain routes anyway. I thought it was tied in with the
roamer, but I caught him long ago.

Where are you in the story?

Just beat Skyla, and i'm running around in Twist Mountain...but it started raining a few days ago at midnight right after I finished cleaning out Cold storage.

Andrex said:
Did you mess with the time for Daylight Savings? That'd be why.
I actually didn't. I haven't touched the clock since I started playing. So if I DO mess with it though what happens? Does it just deactivate him giving you a prop for a few days?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Blu_LED said:
Who's getting married in the 2010 picture?

I believe that's Drew and May.

Mr. Paer said:
I actually didn't. I haven't touched the clock since I started playing. So if I DO mess with it though what happens? Does it just deactivate him giving you a prop for a few days?

It deactivates all daily events until it rolls past midnight again.

Pyrokai

Morokh said:
Base stat is a 'hidden' value in the game that defines the power of pokemon stats between them.

It doesn't directly reflect the value you'll see in the summary, but is directly related.

I'ts like putting every pokemon stats on the same 1 to 100 scale to make comparison easier. (except they are not on a 1-100 scale)

That doesn't seem really clear for an explanation but others may be able to help more ^^ I feel kind of limited with my english on this :p

Ack! I missed your answer! Thanks! No, you explained it fine. I was mostly wondering if it was hidden or not. So are those numbers to the right (the ones that say lvl 50 and lvl 100) represent the number the "summary" page will say if you level it up to that point (as well as the nature it has)? I'm assuming yes here...

Could really do with some kind of free Android pokedex thing for my phone as all I do is evolve stuff so it would be nice to know when and how when out and about!

Just beat the fourth gym and my traded sandile kicks the shite out of everything!

Kintaco

Are there any Pokemon in White that have or can learn Flame Body? I've only seen ones in the older games when looking this up.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Green Scar said:
Why does the anime timeline thing assume that all the women will grow huge tits

Misty doesn't.

And May was always... uhh, quite well endowed for a 10 year old.

Damn now I see why Firestorm hates this. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom