• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Stick up your thumbs, and curl in your fingers. This is a thumbs-up pose. That means OK! In some places, it also means money!"

Well played TCPi, well played. :lol

.JayZii said:
ferroseed.jpg

Okay what's Ferroseed's deal? Is it me or is this the lamest-looking pokemon ever? It looks like they couldn't come up with a way to blend steel and grass so they just settled on a junior high student's trapper keeper doodle. Same with Ferrothorn.

Best Pokemon on my team. Just evolved him. Fire doesn't phase it despite the quad weakness!

Pyrokai

What the hell is the point of the Battle Box if I can't withdraw or deposit directly from my party?

Box system is still awful as always. Does anyone actually go to any option other than "Move Pokemon"?

For those that don't know, you can do more actions using the stylus in "Move Pokemon" than with the buttons (like dragging to party/boxes/and an over all free-moving environment that still generally sucks to use. Blargh.

Pyrokai

markot said:
I hate the PC >.< 'deposit pokemon' 'withdrawl pokemon' Why cant I do both at the same time?!

You can do both at the same time when you select "Move Pokemon" and use the stylus. That's why I'm wondering why anyone would select the other ones and limit yourself to only one type of action.

I'm always wanting to rearrange my Pokemon as I deposit/withdraw, so this makes so much sense. That, plus I have access to depositing/withdrawing from my party at will.

Roto13

Thanks, UltimateIke. I've been trying to get a Chikorita since HeartGold. Apparently they never show up in the game if you pick Cyndaquill as your starter. :p

lol, do Pokemon threads on GAF always beat the other threads in terms of number of posts? Or are there some Square-Enix threads that rival them?

Roto13 said:
Thanks, UltimateIke. I've been trying to get a Chikorita since HeartGold. Apparently they never show up in the game if you pick Cyndaquill as your starter. :p
No problem.

Thanks for the PKRS! I had lost my only Pokemon in Diamond that was infected, so you did me an extra favor!

Busaiku

Shed_a_Ninja said:
lol, do Pokemon threads on GAF always beat the other threads in terms of number of posts? Or are there some Square-Enix threads that rival them?
Capcom's fighters are pretty popular.

upandaway

Fuck me Gigalith is absolutely insane. Insane.

At level 25 (why the fuck is he 25? I wasn't grinding) he absolutely destroyed Cheren in route 4. Cheren was dead and his corpse was full of abuse marks.

At the end of the battle I had half my life left, and I wasted at most 2 PP on each of his Pokemon. Gigalith in the sandstorm + some Iron Defense = run the fuck away.

Roto13

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Well, Pokemon games are a lot more about community than most games.

UltimateIke said:
No problem.

Thanks for the PKRS! I had lost my only Pokemon in Diamond that was infected, so you did me an extra favor!
Oh, I'm glad. I figure if I'm going to give someone a throaway for something I want, I can at least infect it with the PKRS. :p

Wiseblade

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Only FG threads compare and they double as tournament discussion and tend to go off-topic more frequently.

Also: I have no idea how I managed to get any breeding done without Power-item-IV-inheritance. Such a time saver!

P90

markot said:
Move pokemon makes NO sense if they have withdrawl and deposit!!!!! WTF! Screw you Gamefreak >_<

Move combines the two in one move. I'm not seeing the problem you are.

TheOGB

Banned
HolyCheck said:
This raises a good question, where is it best to use your masterball?
And another thing:
isn't there more than one this time?

EDIT:
markot said:
Move pokemon makes NO sense if they have withdrawl and deposit!!!!! WTF! Screw you Gamefreak >_<
did you mean
markot said:
Withdrawl and deposit makes NO sense if they have move pokemon!!!!! WTF! Screw you Gamefreak >_<

My friend just sent me this text:

"Holy shit, the desert resort is where the twin towers would be if Unova was NYC, and there are even two partially destroyed towers there. Yamasks are 9/11 victims"

Um... holy shit if that's true

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Green Scar said:
With the magic of hold items and previous generation connectivity, there's as many Master Balls as you want :p

You can't transfer items from previous gens.

Also you do get another Master Ball if you have 50 or more Pokemon from different countries.

Erekiddo

Woffls said:
Why do 'deposit' and 'withdraw' Pokémon even exist? I mean, seriously? I never ever use them.

Why even have PCs at all?

Allow to switch out Pokemon on the fly, wirelessly, without having to trot back to a Center.

Gravijah

NeoNess said:
Why even have PCs at all?

Allow to switch out Pokemon on the fly, wirelessly, without having to trot back to a Center.

Part of the game design. Then you could just constantly switch in new Pokemon anytime yours was low.

Roto13

Mr. Paer said:
My friend just sent me this text:

"Holy shit, the desert resort is where the twin towers would be if Unova was NYC, and there are even two partially destroyed towers there. Yamasks are 9/11 victims"

Um... holy shit if that's true
That's stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom