• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

NeoNess said:
Why even have PCs at all?

Allow to switch out Pokemon on the fly, wirelessly, without having to trot back to a Center.
Well, that brings up the issue of breaking the game a little, but it does remind me: I have to have something in my party to trade it in game, right? Why is that when I don't anymore in order to trade over IR? Weird and kind of annoying, assuming I didn't miss something obvious...

Suggested change for next gen:

Move 'Move Pokémon' to the top of the list. Bam, instant praise.

Or allow for 'shortcuts' to commonly used PC functions, like the Y button does.
Green Scar said:
Fucking WHAT THE FUCK FUCK

fuck
GameFreak: (laughs)

D-Pad

markot said:
Move pokemon makes NO sense if they have withdrawl and deposit!!!!! WTF! Screw you Gamefreak >_<

Swap that. Withdraw and deposit makes no sense because we have MOVE!

Edit - late to that one. forgot to hit submit before I switched tabs. :}

Wiseblade

I still remember the first time I used a PC in Ruby:

"Hey, what's this 'Move Pokémon' thing?"

"holy crap, it's everything I've ever dreamed of!"

And that's why Gen III will always be my favourite.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh jeeze, I just stumbled into the basement of the Dreamyard, what have I gotten myself into. D: These guys are murdering me.

Edit- Actually Haxorus + Dragon Dance is pretty broken, I can take out Pokemon 13 levels higher in two hits...

D-Pad

Mank said:
Well, that brings up the issue of breaking the game a little, but it does remind me: I have to have something in my party to trade it in game, right? Why is that when I don't anymore in order to trade over IR? Weird and kind of annoying, assuming I didn't miss something obvious...

Not anymore. You can choose Pokemon stored in your PC now! Sooooo convenient! Don't quite understand what you're asking after that.

SlickVic

Never understood why Move Pokemon isn't the first option in the box. It seems like some poor design decision from an earlier gen that Game Freak simply forgot to ever fix.

Boogiepop

D-Pad said:
Not anymore. You can choose Pokemon stored in your PC now! Sooooo convenient! Don't quite understand what you're asking after that.
Seriously? Damn. I totally missed that then. Thought the NPCs who said "trade me your X for my Y" still required you to have them in your party, but they don't? I guess I'm just unobservant, whoops.

D-Pad

Mank said:
Seriously? Damn. I totally missed that then. Thought the NPCs who said "trade me your X for my Y" still required you to have them in your party, but they don't? I guess I'm just unobservant, whoops.

OH! You said in-game trading... I actually have no idea. :\ Sorry!

Roto13

SlickVic said:
Never understood why Move Pokemon isn't the first option in the box. It seems like some poor design decision from an earlier gen that Game Freak simply forgot to ever fix.
Depositing and withdrawing was always a pain in the ass, even before Move existed. It's like they don't want to admit it was a mistake not to have Move in the first place. :p

Andrex said:
Oh jeeze, I just stumbled into the basement of the Dreamyard, what have I gotten myself into. D: These guys are murdering me.

Edit- Actually Haxorus + Dragon Dance is pretty broken, I can take out Pokemon 13 levels higher in two hits...
How do you even get down there?

Andrex said:
I dunno, I just walked down the stairs on the right. I imagine something cleared up after I beat the game because I would have gone down there for sure when I first saw the place.
Ok. It's kind of lame that stuff just magically clears up for you, really. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Roto13 said:
Depositing and withdrawing was always a pain in the ass, even before Move existed. It's like they don't want to admit it was a mistake not to have Move in the first place. :p

How do you even get down there?

I dunno, I just walked down the stairs on the right. I imagine something cleared up after I beat the game because I would have gone down there for sure when I first saw the place.

Edit-
A wild Kricketune. o_0 Yeah this is definitely post-game.

Seriously, I was transferring Master Balls from Leaf Green/Sapphire to Diamond/Platinum like a bitch. This totally sucks. BRING BACK PAL PARK

Forkball

What's up with gym leaders getting all up in our business? They've been party of story arcs and side quests before, but now it seems that every gym leader I come across has to introduce themselves as soon as possible. Shit, Burgh didn't even wait until I came to his city.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Green Scar said:
Seriously, I was transferring Master Balls from Leaf Green/Sapphire to Diamond/Platinum like a bitch. This totally sucks. BRING BACK PAL PARK

Poketransfer craps from a great height all over Pal Park.

TheOGB

Banned
Mr. Paer said:
My friend just sent me this text:

"Holy shit, the desert resort is where the twin towers would be if Unova was NYC, and there are even two partially destroyed towers there. Yamasks are 9/11 victims"

Um... holy shit if that's true
God fucking dammit, that just ruined Yamask for me more than the Pokedex entry. Even if it is bullshit.

Kintaco

Ok so in order to breed a Tepig what is needed? I've tried breeding it with a Miccino. And all the hatched eggs have been Miccinos. Am I doing something wrong? Is it just random which type of Pokemon will hatch from those two?

TheOGB

Banned
Kintaco said:
Ok so in order to breed a Tepig what is needed? I've tried breeding it with a Miccino. And all the hatched eggs have been Miccinos. Am I doing something wrong? Is it just random which type of Pokemon will hatch from those two?
The egg will be the same species as the female in the relationship, I believe

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Green Scar said:
You said you can't transfer items. Ergo, it suuuuuuucks

I'll take no items over 6 per day limit. They both suck, but with the daily limit it would have taken... over 83 days to transfer all my 'mons from SoulSilver over. Screw that.

Plus with unbreakable TMs (and the rate at which they're doled out), and most important (ie, competitive) items being able to be bought anyways, it's not a big deal.

You're just mad you can't use your lame hacked Master Balls anymore. :p

Andrex said:
I'll take no items over 6 per day limit. They both suck, but with the daily limit it would have taken... over 83 days to transfer all my 'mons from SoulSilver over. Screw that.

Plus with unbreakable TMs (and the rate at which they're doled out), and most important (ie, competitive) items being able to be bought anyways, it's not a big deal.

You're just mad you can't use your lame hacked Master Balls anymore. :p

I never hacked Master Balls! I always started a New GBA Gen game until I reached Silph Co./Lilycove Base whenever I wanted a Master Ball :(

Although the daily limit being gone is pretty damn nice.

Gravijah

Need to find my GBA games, start new files and transfer in some of the starters... Since mine are lost. :( Dunno if I really want to finish the Pokedex though, it's going to be such a pain.

Ravidrath

I am multiple kinds of dork, and they are colliding!

I just caught a Throh and named it NateSilver because it's National Pokedex number 538.

Roto13 said:
That's stupid.
Is it though? We all know Unova is based on NYC, there ARE two ruined towers in that area (...right?), and we know Yamask's were humans, which presumably died before their time which is why they look at their faces and cry. It could very well be intentional

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hrm the guy in the Dreamyard basement says
Musharna there on Fridays are different. Anyone know why?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Andrex said:
Hrm the guy in the Dreamyard basement says
Musharna there on Fridays are different. Anyone know why?

They have their Dreamworld Ability, Telepathy, meaning they can't be hit by their teammates attacks in Double Battles, like EQ and Surf. :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Watch Da Birdie said:
They have their Dreamworld Ability, Telepathy, meaning they can't be hit by their teammates attacks in Double Battles, like EQ and Surf. :)

Ahh OK, that could actually be useful.

Pyrokai

There's a Dreamyard basement? :eek:

Also, has anyone done the Dream World stuff? Or is that the thing that doesn't go live until later this month? They don't make this kind of stuff obvious, do they? :p

Ravidrath

Raxus said:
No dongles in my area. Guess I will have to roll the dice every time I trade.

Do you have a PC with an ethernet connection and wireless?

Also, I don't think the official dongle was anything special - it was made by Buffalo Technologies, I believe, and you can probably find a non-Nintendo branded one that will do the job just as well.

Watch Da Birdie

Yeah, my Beeheyem has it, and it was pretty cool using Earthquake and it just sitting there like a boss, not even dazed.

Beeheeyem, speaking of which, seems to be made for Double Battles...so many of his attacks would work much better there it seems. I wish there were more of them in BW, Double Battles are fun.

Also, has anyone done the Dream World stuff? Or is that the thing that doesn't go live until later this month? They don't make this kind of stuff obvious, do they? :p
I did the Japanese one before...I assume the EN will be the same.

Basically, you play 4 boring flash games over and over to get old Pokemon with new abilities and unique moves...the better you do on the games, the better they are apparently. You can also find rare items, and plant berries as well.

The games are:

* Hide and Seek; a Forest, Sky, and Ocean versions are available. You go around a map and click on shaking bushes/clouds/rocks hoping you find the Pokemon you want.

*Ice Cream Stacking: You...uh...stack ice cream, and each flavor has different properties.

* Pelliper Race: My favorite, you guide Pelliper around through the sky avoiding clouds and electric bolts to collect power-ups to make you go faster.

* Wailord Jump: Pikachu, Meowth, Piplup, and Buizel are flying around and you must keep them in the air, and hit colored orbs, using Wailord's water spout.

It's pretty evil of Nintendo to force the competitive players to play the most mundane mini-games ever in order to get competitively viable abilities, but hopefully the English release adds some new ones to mix it up a bit. I got bored rather fast.

Oh, and on occasion Japan had giveaways for Pokemon through the Dream World...I got a Croagunk and an Arceus, for example, through a password, and you got Togekiss on your birthday.

Raxus

Ravidrath said:
Do you have a PC with an ethernet connection and wireless?

Also, I don't think the official dongle was anything special - it was made by Buffalo Technologies, I believe, and you can probably find a non-Nintendo branded one that will do the job just as well.
I have a wireless connection but my wireless router makes trading in the wi-fi room impossible (GTS is fine). I have traded with a couple people and attempted with several others but each time the trade times out or I get error code 86420.

Forkball

Just when I think Pokemon can't get any more insane with superfluous stuff like contests, they introduce musicals. What in god's name did I just see?

Watch Da Birdie

Favorite: Off the top of my head, Scraggy, Palpitoad, Darmanatian, Throh and Sawk.

Least-Favorite: Bearatic, Servine, Alomomola, and the Goth line.

Raxus said:
I have a wireless connection but my wireless router makes trading in the wi-fi room impossible (GTS is fine). I have traded with a couple people and attempted with several others but each time the trade times out or I get error code 86420.

That is the exact some error I'm having, GTS works perfectly.

Raxus

.JayZii said:
Since i clearly have no taste, I'm curious what pokegaf's favorite and least favorite gen v pokemon designs are.
Gurdurr and Conkeldurr. Gurdurr looks like he took steroids. Conkeldurr looks like a boss.

Roto13 said:
What are the chances of me ever finding a reasonable trade on the GTS for Zekrom and Thundurus?
I had an extra Zoroark I put up asking for Thundurus. It took less than 5 minutes. I may have just been really lucky.

EDIT: I figured he was good because he is an event Pokemon everyone can see at the end of the game (and therefore search for on the GTS), but not catch without the event.

Roto13

Raxus said:
What do you have?
I was hoping to trade a Giratina for Zekrom and one of the legendary dogs for Thundurus. (I also have a spare Zapdos.) Everyone wants a level 9 Reshiram. :p Part of the problem is probably that nobody who has a Giratina in their pokedex doesn't already have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom