• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Pad

The_Technomancer said:
Where is the move deleter in this game?
Mistralton City!
Gray-Jaeger90 said:
awesome, thanks again bro =)
No problem! I'm building myself quite an army of ninja bug things. I think I'm gonna do an all bug-hero team. Karate master, Heracross; Ninjask, the ninja; Samurai warrior, Scyther; Assassin bug, Accelgor; Lord Knight, Escavalier... Just to name a few. :p

Raxus

Since it seems I can trade again without much trouble who wants to try again. I need to get several trades out of my PM log.

ryan-ts

I don't think I have any favourite Pokemon designs, I think quite a few of them look good but none of them would be in my top 50 favourite Pokemon.

As for least favourite, Druddigon...red head and blue body just looks stupid to me.

Achtius

D-Pad said:
I'm building myself quite an army of ninja bug things. I think I'm gonna do an all bug-hero team. Karate master, Heracross; Ninjask, the ninja; Samurai warrior, Scyther; Assassin bug, Accelgor; Lord Knight, Escavalier... Just to name a few. :p

The only bug i like is Galvantula. Compound eye with super scope... 100% thunder!

Forkball

So I evolved my Boldore. I like the trade format this gen. Trading out of boxes? Hell yes. I don't get the point of showing three Pokemon though since you can't trade three at a time.

Raxus

Achtius said:
The only bug i like is Galvantula. Compound eye with super scope... 100% thunder!
Speaking of bugs, it is great there is a new set of bug moves. However, I am baffled bugs can bite through steel so easily.

Raxus

Forkball said:
So I evolved my Boldore. I like the trade format this gen. Trading out of boxes? Hell yes. I don't get the point of showing three Pokemon though since you can't trade three at a time.
On paper it is a good idea. I show you three pokemon, you show me three of yours and we can pick our favorites. In reality, people display legendaries and any other trades just go to hell most of the time.

D-Pad

ryan-ts said:
As for least favourite, Druddigon...red head and blue body just looks stupid to me.

And it's in dire need of an evolution. :\ At least mine is. (Just kidding, love you, &#12463;&#12522;&#12512;&#12460;&#12531;, buddy ol' pal! <3 <3 <3)

D-Pad said:
No problem! I'm building myself quite an army of ninja bug things. I think I'm gonna do an all bug-hero team. Karate master, Heracross; Ninjask, the ninja; Samurai warrior, Scyther; Assassin bug, Accelgor; Lord Knight, Escavalier... Just to name a few. :p

haha crazy team right there. I think I'm going to start making different teams this time around as well. since blue, always stuck with one team only. i think its time for a change lol

btkadams said:
First, take the little wave to the island that has P2 lab.

Then, surf inbetween the rapids, around the lower left of the island, past the male Swimmer, and in between the two rapids (you should encounter a female Swimmer on the way), and you should reach the right side of the island.

Edit: noooo, too late

btkadams

ColtraineGF said:
First, take the little wave to the island that has P2 lab.

Then, surf inbetween the rapids, around the lower left of the island, past the male Swimmer, and in between the two rapids (you should encounter a female Swimmer on the way), and you should reach the right side of the island.

Edit: noooo, too late
haha thank you anyways though! :)

D-Pad

Gray-Jaeger90 said:
haha crazy team right there. I think I'm going to start making different teams this time around as well. since blue, always stuck with one team only. i think its time for a change lol

My sister went through Ruby using nothing but fire Pokemon. It inspired me! Another team I've been wanting to do since before the games release was Snivy and 5 Tympoles. Don't ask me why I'd thought it'd be cool to have a boss with minions thing going on.

Yeah... I'm going to do it! It'll be different and fun.

Achtius

D-Pad said:
My sister went through Ruby using nothing but fire Pokemon. It inspired me! Another team I've been wanting to do since before the games release was Snivy and 5 Tympoles. Don't ask me why I'd thought it'd be cool to have a boss with minions thing going on.

5 tympoles? ;O

D-Pad said:

Hmm, you could try a Vendor Run - 6 Patrat only, no evolving (don't worry, they are able to learn Cut)

Magnus

Noob question #672:

There are only 8 Boxes on the PC in B/W. Where do they expect you to keep 649 Pokemon? Are Pokemon still counted as having been collected if you release them or trade them away? Even if the answer to that is yes, why the drop from 16-18 boxes to 8? :(

Are they going to attempt to sell us Pokemon Box 2: Wii Love Your Money to provide for better organization and include more storage space?

Mr. Sam

So, for those that have "beaten" the game, what is your Hall of Fame team?

Team Sam: (All Lv. 50 upon entry):
518.png
538.png
553.png
555.png
563.png
604.png

Magnus said:
Noob question #672:

There are only 8 Boxes on the PC in B/W. Where do they expect you to keep 649 Pokemon? Are Pokemon still counted as having been collected if you release them or trade them away? Even if the answer to that is yes, why the drop from 16-18 boxes to 8? :(
Fill up boxes, and you get more. Up to 24 (enough to hold 30 * 24 = 720).

Balb

D-Pad said:

nvm.

Ravidrath

Magnus said:
Noob question #672:

Put one in each box, and then you'll have 16.

Then put one in each of the 16 boxes, and you'll have 24.

That's 720 spots.

Magnus

Snap, thanks guys.

And man, didn't you guys find the E4 too easy taking a full team of Level 45-50+ Pokemon in? I had a blast with my underdog team. Had only one Pokemon above level 40, lol.

D-Pad

Achtius said:
5 tympoles? ;O
I have this awesome piece of art in my head, of a gang of Tympoles and a Snivy leading them. Don't know where the idea came from... I think it's because I'm on these allergy meds. :p

Magnus said:
And man, didn't you guys find the E4 too easy taking a full team of Level 45-50+ Pokemon in?
No. >:_(

Magnus

Noob question #981:

I'd like to use a Squirtle my friend traded to me through my Platinum or HG run (boosted xp + nostalgia; he was my first Pokemon 13 years ago!). I just realized though that if I did that, I'd only eventually be tossing a Blastoise into my White game cart once I'm done.

1. Will Squirtle/Wartortle get added to my White Dex too? I'm assuming no.

2. To my understanding, since it's male, I'll be able to breed the Blastoise with a Ditto (without too much chance of failure, right?) to get a Squirtle egg. Si?

zumphry

Banned
Hooray, creepy anime love talk is over!

Zzoram said:
Isn't an Ash starter run best? Pickachu, Caterpie, Pidgeotto, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander. Dream team.

Braviary team is the best.

Braviary, Braviary, Braviary, Braviary, Braviary, and Braviary.

Soundtrack is "America, Fuck Yeah!" on repeat, of course.

Zzoram

My Seismitoad is leading my team and is the highest level/strongest Pokemon I have. I've been using Tympole/Panpour/Snivy from the start and stick everything else in a box. I have a Woobat for Fly though.

I just realized that I hate my team:/ Musharna is slow as fuck and I can't even understand what it's supposed to look like, Pignite is ugly and Palpitoad is just disgusting with those things on his back.

Where can I find a Solosis? It seems like it could be a good substitute for Musharna and it's actually kind of cute. Also I need a good electric Pokemon. Any suggestion?

Magnus

Blitzle/Zebstrika had to be my biggest disappointments in this game. Needed an electric and the damned thing looked cool, so I gave it a shot. I never bothered looking at the numbers, but its defenses seemed to always be in the toilet. Things that should not have been one-shotting its type and level were annihilating it. Its speed wasn't even helping me out most of the time. :(

I shall migrate a Pikachu and remind myself of electric awesomeness.

DMG-01

I just transferred over about sixty pokemon from Pearl (my main IV gen cart) to White and it felt kind of sad; it felt like I was throwing out my Pearl file, which just made it to the 500 hour mark exactly.
TheOGB said:
oh thank goodness finally
It took me over an hour total to find one and the very next pokemon I saw after I caught mine was another Sigilyph. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom