• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4Us

One thing I've learned is that, if I ever play on the Team Subway again, do NOT choose "Defensive Team" for your partner, or else they'll spend 20+ minutes stalling after you get knocked out.

Magnus

UltimateIke said:
I can get you one too! An edit doesn't count as first come if I don't see it. :p

Is an egg fine? Or do you need it hatched?

Oh, an egg is totally cool. You're a champ. What can I offer in return?

And educate me quick; all I need is your friend code (which I added), and then I enter the GTS?

I had the same problems trading online the other day and it was because I had the C-gear off. Try turning it on and try your trade again. If not, just blame nintendo's net code?

Raxus

I am looking for all the starters from the previous gens (plus Oshawatt). Anyone want to trade/give them for me. I'd wuv you forever! WUUUUUUUUUUUUUV!

D-Pad

Magnus said:

And educate me quick; all I need is your friend code (which I added), and then I enter the GTS?
Middle room on the top floor of the Pokemon center.

My sister's playing Black on my other DS, but I need it to traaaanssfeeeer. What do I do?

I stole it yay! Poke-transfer time.

vv Oops... Didn't read the spoiler. :\ Oh well I got it yaaay!

TheOGB

Banned
D-Pad said:
Middle room on the top floor of the Pokemon center.

My sister's playing Black on my other DS, but I need it to traaaanssfeeeer. What do I do?
Smack her and jack her shit. LIKE A BOSS

Wait patiently until she's finished and/or ask nicely

DragonKnight said:
I had the same problems trading online the other day and it was because I had the C-gear off. Try turning it on and try your trade again. If not, just blame nintendo's net code?
You could just do that to begin with

Magnus said:

As D-Pad explained, use the middle room on the top floor of the Pokemon Center.

I don't need anything in return. I've caught all 646 available Pokemon and have them boxed in the PC, so I'm just trying to be more active in giving back to the community. ;)

EDIT: Though I like PP Ups. If anyone wants to give me those, that is swell.

FSLink

Banned
ZayneH said:
Why have I gone 7 badges in and still haven't been given the
Old Rod
? Did I miss it, or what?
There's only
one rod this time around. You get the Super Rod after E4.

Magnus

UltimateIke said:
As D-Pad explained, use the middle room on the top floor of the Pokemon Center.

I don't need anything in return. I've caught all 646 available Pokemon and have them boxed in the PC, so I'm just trying to be more active in giving back to the community. ;)

EDIT: Though I like PP Ups. If anyone wants to give me those, that is swell.

A true hero!

Is it possible to gift them one-way like that? Or should I be putting some trash Pokemon in my trade slot to complete the trade?

Thanks so much again.

Magnus said:
Cool; just let me know when! :)
I'm ready now.

Raxus said:
I am looking for all the starters from the previous gens (plus Oshawatt). Anyone want to trade/give them for me. I'd wuv you forever! WUUUUUUUUUUUUUV!
When Magnus and I are done, I'll get started on 3 eggs of your choice. I don't want to spend too much time helping one person.

I have done some crazy swaps in the GTS negotiations, I just got an INFERNAPE... I need a ditto so I can breed some Chimchars for GAF members but the Wifi Trade won't work :(

EDIT: Also, what is a better Dragon Pokemon, Druddigon or Haxorus?

zumphry

Banned
UltimateIke said:
To catch the non-Unova Pokemon.

But what about the
native Unova water types?! I still have a Panpour since I screwed up getting a Water Stone in Castelia City, and from what I hear, they suck!

IIRC, getting a
Rod
in DPPt took awhile too. Why?!

Suairyu

Banned
At the Tubeline Bridge!

And have just been advised that there is stuff to see on Weekend Evenings! Awesome. I really like all this time-specific stuff.

D-Pad

Sutton Dagger said:
I have done some crazy swaps in the GTS negotiations, I just got an INFERNAPE... I need a ditto so I can breed some Chimchars for GAF members but the Wifi Trade won't work :(

EDIT: Also, what is a better Dragon Pokemon, Druddigon or Haxorus?

Haxorus has cheap written right there in its name. :| I'd imagine it dependso n how you train them, but Haxorus are strong mofos.

Gravijah

D-Pad said:
Haxorus has cheap written right there in its name. :| I'd imagine it dependso n how you train them, but Haxorus are strong mofos.

One would expect Haxorus to be pseudo-legendary but nope.

Gravijah said:
One would expect Haxorus to be pseudo-legendary but nope.

Aside for its massive attack stat, Haxorus doesn't really have anything going for it. It's basically a dragon-type Rampardos; it dies if anything so much as sneezes on it. That (relatively) low attack stat certainly doesn't help much, either.

Magnus

I used the GTS briefly, kept the parameters wide open and searched for about 10 different Pokemon of wildly varying types (common to rare, etc.) and always came up with zero results. Figured I wasn't even connected properly at all.

Erekiddo

Random question that's always bugged me:

Does throwing an EXP Share onto a Pokemon make them weaker in the longrun? Also, how does this apply to the daycare?

I know the daycare will choose your moves for you, but aside from that, does it gimp them?

zumphry

Banned
UltimateIke said:
I think the Unova water types are from surfing and walking over the swamp areas.

http://pokemon.marriland.com/black_white/walkthrough/postgame/fishing_spots

Ah, yeah. I guess I have to stick with Panpour then :/. Stunfisk just looks derpy, and Basculin looks ugly in White.

As for an Electric type, is Zebstrika a good option, or should I replace him with a Galvantula? And is Beartic good for the final gym, or should I train up to a Archeops or Haxorus?

Izayoi

Banned
Suairyu said:
After the horrific disappointments of Icirrus City and Mistralton City, Opelucid is a much nicer return to form.
Too small? I thought they were nice.

Also you guys talk too much. I come home and there are like eight more pages.

D-Pad

Got my Zubat! <3

What a lame animation. Even Game Freak isn't above treating some of their babies like cast-away abominations. What happened to treating all of your children equally, giving them all the same amount of love and devotion? :\ Not all of us think that Zourork thing is the hottest toy in the world, ya know. Some of us see the good in the smaller things. Tsk tsk, Game Freak.

:(

jman2050

Endgame spoilers:

I like that they changed up the whole Elite Four business a bit, even though I was facepalming pretty much the entire time. Fighting Ghetsis did catch me off guard though. His team was pretty fierce.

Onward to the postgame, hoping to get a good tournament team together.

Suairyu

Banned
Izayoi said:
Too small? I thought they were nice.

Also you guys talk too much. I come home and there are like eight more pages.
Not just too small, but aesthetically poor. Also, nothing to do either. They were literally only there because there had to be two more gyms.

zumphry

Banned
Suairyu said:
Not just too small, but aesthetically poor. Also, nothing to do either. They were literally only there because there had to be two more gyms.

Icirrus City pisses me off because the Dowsing Machine goes crazy pointing to stuff I don't think I can grab until either Winter or Spring.

ZayneH said:
Ah, yeah. I guess I have to stick with Panpour then :/. Stunfisk just looks derpy, and Basculin looks ugly in White.

As for an Electric type, is Zebstrika a good option, or should I replace him with a Galvantula? And is Beartic good for the final gym, or should I train up to a Archeops or Haxorus?
I can trade you a Black version Basculin. Or you can catch one by surfing into the special whirlpools.

I used Zebstrika from the beginning through the Elite 4 and didn't have any problems with it. Haxorus was my choice for the 8th gym, but Beartic should work wonders too.

Don't worry too much about who is the most powerful or has the best type match-up. I never worry about my team until after I beat the E4. Just use who you like and who you think will get the job done.

I beat the entire game with Samurott, Simisear, Zebstrika, and Haxorus, and I never came close to having any trouble with anyone. Just use TMs to diversify your team's attacks and you'll be okay facing anything.

Teknoman

Nothing can be disappointing about Mistralton City. Its great theme makes up for the fact that its just a center, a bulding or two, and an airfield.

Griffith said:
Could anyone help me evolve my Boldore?

Sure, since I need mine as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom