• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

btkadams

Zzoram said:
sure

2223 5567 8150

do we need to go anywhere to trade with friend codes?
pokemon centre and talk to the middle person on the second floor i think? i havent traded over wifi connection with this game yet. you're popping my cherry!

EDIT: it says that friend code is wrong hmm

EDIT2 : see your actual FC now ha.

btkadams

Zzoram said:
oh crap i've been posting the wrong friend code of mine, lol

5200 1957 4656

how do I fix the google doc?
i think you have to pm andrex. also, i'm in the wifi room so i'm ready whenever you are.

btkadams

D-Pad said:
FYI, JIC, Throh and Sawk can both be found in either version of the games.

Edit - Beat
i haven't ever seen one so i thought i'd trade. plus, i want to rack up 50 different trades so i can get that masterball!

Magnus said:
Blitzle/Zebstrika had to be my biggest disappointments in this game. Needed an electric and the damned thing looked cool, so I gave it a shot. I never bothered looking at the numbers, but its defenses seemed to always be in the toilet. Things that should not have been one-shotting its type and level were annihilating it. Its speed wasn't even helping me out most of the time. :(
I almost made your same mistake, but after I saw that even my fucking useless grass monkey almost killed the wretched thing with one move I thought better of it.

Zzoram

btkadams said:
i haven't ever seen one so i thought i'd trade. plus, i want to rack up 50 different trades so i can get that masterball!

it says you've contacted me, how long should it take to connect? do I have to do anything? I can't move or press anything

btkadams

Zzoram said:
it says you've contacted me, how long should it take to connect? do I have to do anything? I can't move or press anything
i don't know you're my first trade ha. maybe keep pressing a or something?

EDIT: k how about you go to me and press a and try to contact me.

Zzoram

btkadams said:
i don't know you're my first trade ha. maybe keep pressing a or something?

EDIT: k how about you go to me and press a and try to contact me.

ok it finally let me walk to the computer to pick trade from a list, says you want to join me, can't figure out how to accept

Zzoram

OH you're that bald guy and I can talk to you, lol, i just attempted it

can you see me in the room?

anyone here with experience could you please explain how to wifi club trade?

btkadams

Zzoram said:
OH you're that bald guy and I can talk to you, lol, i just attempted it

can you see me in the room?
Zzoram wants to join you!

and then it just hangs. then it said you failed to respond. damn, is this the issue people have been saying with the wifi connection? this should be working better than this. i did it with little problems with heartgold/soulsilver. i guess there are probably a lot more people using this right now though.

Raxus

btkadams said:

and then it just hangs. then it said you failed to respond. damn, is this the issue people have been saying with the wifi connection? this should be working better than this. i did it with little problems with heartgold/soulsilver. i guess there are probably a lot more people using this right now though.
Yes it is. I think when prime internet hours hit it is next to impossible to trade with anyone.

Ravidrath

btkadams said:

I'm getting this same shit with Zzoram now, too... same thing I had with Dagger Sutton and Raxus.

btkadams

Raxus said:
Yes it is. I think when prime internet hours hit it is next to impossible to trade with anyone.
fuck, well zzoram if it doesnt work within 10 mins, then i guess we should stop. i don't want to waste your time :(

yeah it seems identical to the system in hg/ss which i have used zzoram and the connecting moment should be fast and then we should be able to choose options with how to interact with each other (trade, battle, show trainer card, etc.)

EDIT: ok, ill wait.

Red

Zzoram said:
i'm going to put my DS into my router DMZ to see if that fixes the problem, be back in a few minutes.
Can you do a hardware-specific DMZ? That would be awesome. How do you go about it? I've been switching to WEP to get my DS connected, then switching back.

ryan-ts

Gravijah said:
Yeah, that's why I haven't been trading much yet. :/ It's such a pain...

Yeah, you're the only person I've traded with so far. When the connection gets better I'll be a trading machine so you guys better still be playing whenever that happens.

Edit: Make that #2! I just got my Japanese Ditto!!!!! Shiny breeding time ladies & gentlemen.

D-Pad

btkadams said:
fuck, well zzoram if it doesnt work within 10 mins, then i guess we should stop. i don't want to waste your time :(

yeah it seems identical to the system in hg/ss which i have used zzoram and the connecting moment should be fast and then we should be able to choose options with how to interact with each other (trade, battle, show trainer card, etc.)

EDIT: ok, ill wait.

One of you walk out then walk back in. That's often what fixes it for me.

Zzoram

Crunched said:
Can you do a hardware-specific DMZ? That would be awesome. How do you go about it? I've been switching to WEP to get my DS connected, then switching back.

you pick a specific IP in your home network to put into the DMZ. just see what IP was assigned to your DS and put it in the DMZ.

i just did it. going to reconnect to wifi and try trading again

Does anyone want a Totodile or Oddish? I hatched a couple of eggs that had been sitting on my Diamond version for the past year, and they were in them. It was surprising because I don't remember why I was getting eggs for them. :/

Magnus

I just caught the Pokerus. Dump this one into my PC box and let it spread the love?

!

WTB Totodile, yeah!

4341-1955-2449

btkadams

Zzoram, it says you're busy. are you trading with someone, or is the NWC this weak haha

nvm now i'm communicating with you but it's hanging.

Gravijah

Magnus said:
I just caught the Pokerus. Dump this one into my PC box and let it spread the love?

!

WTB Totodile

Needs to be in your party to spread. Grab a few dudes, spread it amongst them, and then put them in a box.

TheOGB

Banned
UltimateIke said:
Does anyone want a Totodile or Oddish? I hatched a couple of eggs that had been sitting on my Diamond version for the past year, and they were in them. It was surprising because I don't remember why I was getting eggs for them. :/
Yes please

Zzoram

btkadams said:
Zzoram, it says you're busy. are you trading with someone, or is the NWC this weak haha

nvm now i'm communicating with you but it's hanging.

a minute ago i was trying to connect to Rav but now I'm trying to connect with you

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay, the enemy AI just randomly spazzed out on me. Was facing leader 4, she had her Zebstrika out. I sent out Titorgua out as a one turn delay to heal another guy, knowing full well that a single Volt Shift would end him in one shot.

For five, count them five turns she repeatedly used Quick Attack and Flame Charge, both of which were essentially useless. I beat a 27 Zebstrika with a 25 Totorgua by Crunching it to death. I couldn't believe it.

(And Volt Shift definitely had PP left. Hadn't even been used once by that point)

survivor

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Okay, the enemy AI just randomly spazzed out on me. Was facing leader 4, she had her Zebstrika out. I sent out Titorgua out as a one turn delay to heal another guy, knowing full well that a single Volt Shift would end him in one shot.

For five, count them five turns she repeatedly used Quick Attack and Flame Charge, both of which were essentially useless. I beat a 27 Zebstrika with a 25 Totorgua by Crunching it to death. I couldn't believe it.

(And Volt Shift definitely had PP left. Hadn't even been used once by that point)
That's against the gym leader right? I'm guessing the reason is that your Tirtouga probably knows a Rock move so if she does Volt Switch she will have to send out Emolga who will get OHKOed by whatever Rock move you got.

I know it doesn't make sense but something similar happened to me as well. I guess the AI ignores the fact that Volt Switch will kill Tirtouga so Emolga will be safe.

D-Pad

Magnus said:

IIRC, it spreads while in your team roster. Dumping them into the PC keeps the Pokerus from expiring.

Raxus

Zzoram said:
damn ok.

does it work at a slower time of day?
I just traded a zekrom with someone around 5-6 PM EST. No problems at all. Connected to Ravidrath and BAM! it ceased working. Annoying as all hell. I have several trades on hold because of this.

Magnus

UltimateIke said:
FC: 0303 9099 2313

I'll be waiting. I grabbed your code out of the Docs page already.

Aw boo, no first come first serve? :( lol

Just kidding. But yeah, if he doesn't end up wanting it, I'll be around! :)

Magnus said:
Aw boo, no first come first serve? :( lol

Just kidding. But yeah, if he doesn't end up wanting it, I'll be around! :)
I can get you one too! An edit doesn't count as first come if I don't see it. :p

Is an egg fine? Or do you need it hatched?

TheOGB said:
Thank you for the Totodile, kind gentleman!
No problem!

usea

survivor said:
That's against the gym leader right? I'm guessing the reason is that your Tirtouga probably knows a Rock move so if she does Volt Switch she will have to send out Emolga who will get OHKOed by whatever Rock move you got.

I know it doesn't make sense but something similar happened to me as well. I guess the AI ignores the fact that Volt Switch will kill Tirtouga so Emolga will be safe.
I don't think the AI is nearly as smart as you're giving it credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom