• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffith

Banned
Teknoman said:
Nothing can be disappointing about Mistralton City. Its great theme makes up for the fact that its just a center, a bulding or two, and an airfield.

Sure, since I need mine as well.
Thanks. My Friend code is on the list.

Izayoi

Banned
Teknoman said:
Nothing can be disappointing about Mistralton City. Its great theme makes up for the fact that its just a center, a bulding or two, and an airfield.
Aye.

It helps that one of the buildings is the move family.

Also, Icirrus was really pretty I thought, especially when it was raining. :(

Teknoman

Izayoi said:
Aye.

It helps that one of the buildings is the move family.

Also, Icirrus was really pretty I thought, especially when it was raining. :(

Man my Emboar is not liking this week straight rainstorm.

zumphry

Banned
UltimateIke said:
I can trade you a Black version Basculin. Or you can catch one by surfing into the special whirlpools.

I used Zebstrika from the beginning through the Elite 4 and didn't have any problems with it. Haxorus was my choice for the 8th gym, but Beartic should work wonders too.

Don't worry too much about who is the most powerful or has the best type match-up. I never worry about my team until after I beat the E4. Just use who you like and who you think will get the job done.

I beat the entire game with Samurott, Simisear, Zebstrika, and Haxorus, and I never came close to having any trouble with anyone. Just use TMs to diversify your team's attacks and you'll be okay facing anything.

I don't have WiFi set up at home (yet), but thanks for the offer (and the tip for the whirlpools)!

I was considering either Zebstrika or Galvantula for my final team, but I think I'll wait for a Galvantula run for Gray.

As for Gym 8, I like the design of Beartic (and Cubchoo was too adorable), but having a Dragon type like Haxorus, or even Druddigon (or Archeops) would be more beneficial if the E4 has any powerful Fire/Fighting types.

Teknoman

Hopefully this works, since others have been having trade issues. Griffith, do you have C-Gear turned on? Maybe thats the problem?

D-Pad

Holy crap! So I put Zubat and Ditto in the daycare. I leave, talk to the man. they're getting along! great! this shouldn't take long! I hop on my bike, ride down the stairs, turn right so I can start against the wall. I start back to the left, and then: "Heeeey Nilus! Come here!"

They had to have been humping as I was handing them over. :p Got the egg, rode to the left and came back, he calls me again. That's two eggs in less than 30 seconds! My box is gonna be full of zubats!

Hey another one! Sweet!

D-Pad

Teknoman said:
Hopefully this works, since others have been having trade issues.
Also, on the trade thing. If you contact the person, and it seems to be communicating forever, cancel out by pressing B and see if they aren't jumping up and down waiting for someone to trade with. That's another problem. If you try to communicate and the other is looking for trade partners nothing seems to happen.

5 eggs!

D-Pad said:
Holy crap! So I put Zubat and Ditto in the daycare. I leave, talk to the man. they're getting along! great! this shouldn't take long! I hop on my bike, ride down the stairs, turn right so I can start against the wall. I start back to the left, and then: "Heeeey Nilus! Come here!"

They had to have been humping as I was handing them over. :p Got the egg, rode to the left and came back, he calls me again. That's two eggs in less than 30 seconds! My box is gonna be full of zubats!

Hey another one! Sweet!

You really have a "thing" for Zubats :)

Willing to try and help me trade for a Ditto, I can give breed you a Chimchar in return, I really need a Ditto...

NOTE: I haven't been able to complete one Wifi trade yet...

DMG-01

Bluh, I don't want to start breeding right now, but I don't want to do the post-game stuff just yet either. I was so pumped to go breed a Braviary though because I have a male Staraptor with 31 ATK, SPD, and HP, but then I find out that Braviary are male only. :C
And I'd breed a Galvantula or Volcarona, but I don't have any well-IV'd male bugs. :/

Anyone know of some easy gen V pokemon to breed (read: few required 31s and no egg moves)?

D-Pad

Sutton Dagger said:
You really have a "thing" for Zubats :)

Willing to try and help me trade for a Ditto, I can give breed you a Chimchar in return, I really need a Ditto...

NOTE: I haven't been able to complete one Wifi trade yet...

Yeah I got a spare Ditto I can trade you.

And yes, Zubats are awesome.

Teknoman

Griffith said:
Success! Thanks Teknoman.

Glad to help. Was it turning on C-Gear that helped? The first time I saw you jumping for a trade, but it seemed to take forever.

D-Pad said:
Also, on the trade thing. If you contact the person, and it seems to be communicating forever, cancel out by pressing B and see if they aren't jumping up and down waiting for someone to trade with. That's another problem. If you try to communicate and the other is looking for trade partners nothing seems to happen.

5 eggs!

Does C-Gear have anything to do with it?

I have two quick questions about the DSi, and wasn't really sure where to ask them. I thought some people in this thread would be knowledgeable. When the light turns red, how much times does that mean I have left? If the WiFi light is on, does that mean WiFi is currently on and wasting battery, or does that mean it can potentially turn on?

Teknoman

Blu_LED said:
I have two quick questions about the DSi, and wasn't really sure where to ask them. I thought some people in this thread would be knowledgeable. When the light turns red, how much times does that mean I have left? If the WiFi light is on, does that mean WiFi is currently on and wasting battery, or does that mean it can potentially turn on?

Wireless is only on when the green light flashes.

Griffith

Banned
Teknoman said:
Glad to help. Was it turning on C-Gear that helped? The first time I saw you jumping for a trade, but it seemed to take forever.

Nope, I had C-Gear on from the start. I don't know why it didn't work the first time.

D-Pad

Teknoman said:

I don't think so... C-Gear isn't used in the WFC room, is it? Is that where you did the trade?

Teknoman

D-Pad said:
I don't think so... C-Gear isn't used in the WFC room, is it? Is that where you did the trade?

Yeah. Maybe I didnt wait until Griffith was jumping...

Anyway, is Scolipede really that bad? Doesnt seem that way, I (strangely) like it's design, and it seems to have decent attack, defense, and speed...but one of my co-workers was going on about how I shouldnt use it :p

Not that its going to stop me from using it, but i'd like to know.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So I got a problem. I finally got Lampent and I cannot wait to evolve him into Chandelure, but it needs a Dusk Stone to do so. If I evolve him right now I would be missing these moves:

Curse
Shadow Ball (Got a TM for that)
Pain Split
Overheat

Overheat looks tempting, but it doesn't learn it til lv 69. :( Is it worth the wait?

Eelektrik too:

Thunderbolt
Acid Spray
Coil
Wild Charge
Gastro Acid
Zap Cannon
Thrash

What stuff from here is worth the time that is not available from TMs?

D-Pad

Kintaco said:
Can anyone help me evolve Boldore?
FC 1034 0603 5439

You wouldn't happen to have another would you? ;)

Not on me, but I can transfer one from HG if you give me a minute. I'm experiencing my very first failed trade. :( None of my tactics are working.

Calcaneus

I'm about 7 hours in at this point, just got to Castelia City. I'm getting more into it now that I'm farther away from the Patrat/Lillipup ghetto.

I've been looking at the move lists, and it pretty much makes sense to hold off on evolving my Pansear right?

D-Pad

Teknoman said:
Yeah. Maybe I didnt wait until Griffith was jumping...

Anyway, is Scolipede really that bad? Doesnt seem that way, I (strangely) like it's design, and it seems to have decent attack, defense, and speed...but one of my co-workers was going on about how I shouldnt use it :p

Not that its going to stop me from using it, but i'd like to know.

Your co-worker hates bugs and spiky wheels. Two things that just happened to be combined into a pokemon.

Red

Zzoram said:
you pick a specific IP in your home network to put into the DMZ. just see what IP was assigned to your DS and put it in the DMZ.

i just did it. going to reconnect to wifi and try trading again
When I try to connect using this method it says "make sure WEP key has been entered." But why would I need one if I'm connecting through a DMZ?

Crunched said:
When I try to connect using this method it says "make sure WEP key has been entered." But why would I need one if I'm connecting through a DMZ?
You still need the WEP kep. DMZ just ignores any firewall settings your router has.

Raxus

I have been so caught up in trading I haven't even went back to face the elite four
I have a level 80 Emboar and even then I am too afraid to even try since I don't have a balanced team :(

Erekiddo

NeoNess said:
Random question that's always bugged me:

Does throwing an EXP Share onto a Pokemon make them weaker in the longrun? Also, how does this apply to the daycare?

I know the daycare will choose your moves for you, but aside from that, does it gimp them?

Anyone? Been buggin' me since early gens. :(

NeoNess said:
Anyone? Been buggin' me since early gens. :(
Exp Share merely gives the Pokémon extra experience, as if they had been in battle and then switched out. There are some other things, but that's the basic idea.

Roto13

Holy crap, I put a level 30 Zoroark on the GTS for a Thundurus and it worked. I bet whoever traded didn't realize Zoroark isn't a legendary. If I had a soul, I would probably feel guilty.
Gravijah said:
No, other than not gaining EVs. But you can give them EVs whenever you want anyway. Unless they're already capped.
EXP Share does give the holder EVs, though. (Doesn't it?)

Achtius

Roto13 said:
Holy crap, I put a level 30 Zoroark on the GTS for a Thundurus and it worked. I bet whoever traded didn't realize Zoroark isn't a legendary. If I had a soul, I would probably feel guilty.
EXP Share does give the holder EVs, though. (Doesn't it?)

It does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom