• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
This Pokemon may not be offered for trade (13267)!

I'm going to snap my DS in half.

Gravijah

Regulus Tera said:
Are Nintendo's servers in Japan or something?

Pretty sure they are. It's about 4PM in Japan though, so now is when the kids are playing.

Maybe the Earthquake messed with their servers... Doesn't explain HGSS and stuff playing perfectly, though.

Izayoi said:

What pokemon are you trying to upload?

Why cant the full game be as well made as the Elite 4 areas and not so blocky

and if the servers are in japan then they not be up for about a week

Zzoram

Izayoi said:
Trying to put up my Pansears for derps just so I can work on that Master Ball.

But fuck man, this is infuriating.

What country are you from? Do you need out of region trades or out of country?

Zzoram

Gravijah said:
Haha I don't need them I just meant I keep receiving them in trades.

Ya but what are you trading for them? And why? To get 50 foreign trades? Does it have to be out of region or just country?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Uw5f0.jpg

Female Clerk from Ferris Wheel > Elesa > Skyla

Gravijah

Zzoram said:
Ya but what are you trading for them? And why? To get 50 foreign trades? Does it have to be out of region or just country?

Trading random Zoruas I am breeding. And yeah, to reach 50 trades and mostly for fun. I don't think it has to be foreign people, either. Just any trades.

Zzoram

Gravijah said:
Trading random Zoruas I am breeding. And yeah, to reach 50 trades and mostly for fun. I don't think it has to be foreign people, either. Just any trades.

Do you have spares of anything other than Zoruas to trade?

Regulus Tera said:
Friendzone'd. :(
Haha. She's weird. I keep battling her hoping more of her story will be revealed, but it's the same thing every day now. Did she have a brother? Did he die? Or is she just lonely? :(

Ravidrath

Izayoi said:

What causes that message? Is there a limit to the number of a particular Pokemon that can be uploaded at a time or what?

DeVeAn

So I filled Pokemon Black to the brim with all my old Pokemon all the way back from Ruby. There has got to be a way to organize them in the PC box right? 24 boxes FULL!

Zzoram

DeVeAn said:
So I filled Pokemon Black to the brim with all my old Pokemon all the way back from Ruby. There has got to be a way to organize them in the PC box right? 24 boxes FULL!

use Move Pokemon and put them in numerical order?

also, please breed and share the love from older gens with GAF?

Ravidrath

Being able to sort Pokemon by number was one of the few good things about Pokemon Ranch.

Wish they'd make a real Pokemon Box utility for DSiWare or something.

DeVeAn

Ravidrath said:
Being able to sort Pokemon by number was one of the few good things about Pokemon Ranch.

Wish they'd make a real Pokemon Box utility for DSiWare or something.
Right now I would kill for an organizer. I had the PokeBOX for Gamecube was so fuckin great.

I am willing to share what I have just let me know what you guys need.

Jeramii

Banned
don't know if this is the place to ask this stupid question.. so i'll do it anyway!

i just bought a dsi xl, and two copies of pokemon black... gave my old ds lite to my gf....

how exactly do we battle or meet up. its a stupid question i know? do you have to get so far in the game first. or is there a specific trick? someone please explain. :|

i assume the ds' can communicate through their built in wifi, and i don't have to convert my network to WEP.

Gravijah

Jeramii said:
don't know if this is the place to ask this stupid question.. so i'll do it anyway!

i just bought a dsi xl, and two copies of pokemon black... gave my old ds lite to my gf....

how exactly do we battle or meet up. its a stupid question i know? do you have to get so far in the game first. or is there a specific trick? someone please explain. :|

i assume the ds' can communicate through their built in wifi, and i don't have to convert my network to WEP.

Yeah, you guys can communicate locally without any issue.

Ravidrath

Jeramii said:

Don't need to get on Wi-Fi for battling - it can be done ad hoc, and you can set it up with the IR blasters built into each card.

You need to get your C-Gear to do any multiplayer anything, and you get that shortly after the first gym.

Jeramii

Banned
Ravidrath said:
Don't need to get on Wi-Fi for battling - it can be done ad hoc, and you can set it up with the IR blasters built into each card.

You need to get your C-Gear to do any multiplayer anything, and you get that shortly after the first gym.

ok. THIS sounds like the answer to my question. (and thank you Gravijah for an answer also!)

so once i get the c-gear we can battle/trade/and any other feature?

Ravidrath

UltimateIke said:
Anyone want a male Burmy? The male evolves into Mothim. I have two already hatched.

He isn't obtainable in Black or White. Just sayin'.

That's weird... wonder why they would leave that pretty boring Pokemon out of the game.

I wonder if they looked at D/P/Pt's GTS metrics to determine who were the least popular Pokemon, and left those out of this game to reward people who own previous games and import them. :p

Ravidrath said:
That's weird... wonder why they would leave that pretty boring Pokemon out of the game.

I wonder if they looked at D/P/Pt's GTS metrics to determine who were the least popular Pokemon, and left those out of this game to reward people who own previous games and import them. :p
You can technically get them in the Dream World when it opens, but I either give them away or release them. I don't think demand is too high for such a pitiful little bug.

DeVeAn

So what would be the best way to organize pokemon in the PC boxes. I am leaning toward national pokedex order although having multiple pokes would screw that up a bit... any suggestions on the most efficient way to organize them?

DeVeAn said:
So what would be the best way to organize pokemon in the PC boxes. I am leaning toward national pokedex order although having multiple pokes would screw that up a bit... any suggestions on the most efficient way to organize them?
I do National order with any extra "multiple pokes" in one of the two extra boxes at the end.

Izayoi said:
National Dex order.

After that I have two boxes, one marked "Special" where I keep event Pokemon, dupes or rare/Legendary Pokemon, and stuff that I'm going to breed and one marked "Party" where I keep Pokemon I'm currently training and HM slaves.
Pretty much.

Izayoi

Banned
DeVeAn said:
National Dex order.

After that I have two boxes, one marked "Special" where I keep event Pokemon, dupes of rare/Legendary Pokemon, and stuff that I'm going to breed and one marked "Party" where I keep Pokemon I'm currently training and HM slaves.

I also have Black which I'm using as an overflow game, where I keep my Unowns and other alternate forme Pokemon.

Wiseblade

Man, I would actually buy a Pokemon Box/Ranch for Gen V. Two boxes for Dittos/EV trained pokes/HM slaves/Pickup party isn't enough.

Ravidrath

Wiseblade said:
Man, I would actually buy a Pokemon Box/Ranch for Gen V. Two boxes for Dittos/EV trained pokes isn't enough.

Yeah, I really don't understand why Nintendo isn't better about this sort of thing.

Ranch is garbage on the whole, but it can still be pretty useful. I'm still pissed they never updated it for Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver in the U.S., too.

I really think that a DSiWare app would be the best, though - no syncing or any of that BS, just straight dumping to your DSi's memory.

larvi

Wiseblade said:
Man, I would actually buy a Pokemon Box/Ranch for Gen V. Two boxes for Dittos/EV trained pokes/HM slaves/Pickup party isn't enough.

Ranch didn't really cut it for me, Box was much better. I really miss that and have no idea why they can't replicate that functionality for current gen considering how much easier ds-wii connectivity is compared to gba-gb

Shahadan

Holy shit, yesterday I put a snivy on the GTS, asking for a Gengar to see what would happen.

A guy sent me his fully trained Gengar lvl75, with 260 in sp atk, and a spell tag attached :|
I feel like a criminal.

Izayoi

Banned
Shahadan said:
Holy shit, yesterday I put a snivy on the GTS, asking for a Gengar to see what would happen.

A guy sent me his fully trained Gengar lvl75, with 260 in sp atk, and a spell tag attached :|
I feel like a criminal.
He willingly traded you for it. Don't feel bad.

Shahadan said:

I feel like a criminal.
And I always feel like I received a cheated Pokemon when something like this happens and I immediately trade it back. :I

Izayoi

Banned
slaughterking said:
And I always feel like I received a cheated Pokemon when something like this happens and I immediately trade it back. :I
If it's on the GTS it's almost always legit. Gamefreak has gotten pretty stringent, down to area caught (unless hatched) and stuff like that.

Ravidrath

Just to confirm...

The Victini fight can be done endlessly, right? Seems like a great way to level up new things.

Izayoi said:
If it's on the GTS it's almost always legit. Gamefreak has gotten pretty stringent, down to area caught (unless hatched) and stuff like that.

Could very well be duped, but that's a little grayer in terms of "cheating," not to mention unverifiable.

Wiseblade

Ravidrath said:
Just to confirm...

The Victini fight can be done endlessly, right? Seems like a great way to level up new things.

Could very well be duped, but that's a little grayer in terms of "cheating," not to mention unverifiable.
Yep. Victini also gives out 3 HP EVs, if you're into that sort of thing.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I've just found the item 'Up-Grade' and its description reads "A transparent device filled with all sorts of data. It was produced by Silph-Co."

Any ideas on what it does? bulbapedia says it upgrades pokemon.. but that description.. is it just to evolve porygon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom