• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
HolyCheck said:
I've just found the item 'Up-Grade' and its description reads "A transparent device filled with all sorts of data. It was produced by Silph-Co."

Any ideas on what it does? bulbapedia says it upgrades pokemon.. but that description.. is it just to evolve porygon?
Slap it on Porygon and trade him to evolve him into Porygon2.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HolyCheck said:
I've just found the item 'Up-Grade' and its description reads "A transparent device filled with all sorts of data. It was produced by Silph-Co."

Any ideas on what it does? bulbapedia says it upgrades pokemon.. but that description.. is it just to evolve porygon?

Yup.

Dubious Disc is the same thing but for Porygon-2.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm surrounded by level 1 Sawks.

Also I seem to be encountering more slow down in the game. I really hope my copy isn't buggered.

Jinko

Andrex said:
Poketransfer craps from a great height all over Pal Park.

I'm expecting future gens to use game sync/global link to transfer pokemon.

Although knowing GF they will totally screw it up.

Arren

BGBW said:
I'm surrounded by level 1 Sawks.
Also I seem to be encountering more slow down in the game. I really hope my copy isn't buggered.
That's really weird indeed. Isn't 11-12 the smallest level Sawk can have if met in the wild?

Jinko said:
Jinko, if you're available in WiFi right now, we could finally do that trade about the Ditto you wanted to give away. That is, provided that it's still available and you're not busy elsewhere. :)

Izayoi

Banned
BGBW said:
The only slowdown that I've encountered in all three of my copies has been right after you get on the bike in the middle of town, and it only lasts for maybe half a second.

Is that what you're experiencing?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Arren said:
That's really weird indeed. Isn't 11-12 the smallest level Sawk can have if met in the wild?
Not really, I'm breeding them, but I keep getting eggs before one can even hatch. I'll post a message when I get home saying I'm available for trade if people want one.

Izayoi said:
The only slowdown that I've encountered in all three of my copies has been right after you get on the bike in the middle of town, and it only lasts for maybe half a second.

Is that what you're experiencing?
Nope. Yesterday I had the whole game slow to a crawl, even opening menus was slow. Flying to a new town didn't fix it either Required two reboots to get the game functioning properly.

Today I encountered it in the Day Care Centre.

Jinko

Arren said:
Jinko, if you're available in WiFi right now, we could finally do that trade about the Ditto you wanted to give away. That is, provided that it's still available and you're not busy elsewhere. :)

Sure give me 10 mins.

Izayoi

Banned
BGBW said:
Nope. Yesterday I had the whole game slow to a crawl, even opening menus was slow. Flying to a new town didn't fix it either Required two reboots to get the game functioning properly.

Today I encountered it in the Day Care Centre.
Oh my. I've never had anything like that happen before.

Hm... Maybe it's your DS?

Mush

Just got to Gym 5, haven't been able to put it down all day. Been nothing sort of amazing so far. Also, I don't give a fuck what's yet to come, easily the best story in a Pokeymanz game, period. I actually care about it for once.

Team:

Serperior lv.37
Krookodile lv.40
Galvantula lv.36
Duosion lv.35
Swanna lv.35

Still itching to add my final member, Mienshao sometime soon.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Jinko said:

Although knowing GF they will totally screw it up.

I just want Game Sync to actually sync games. I don't want to lose hundreds of hours of work if my White cart shorts out or something.

Mush said:
Team:

Serperior lv.37
Krookodile lv.40
Galvantula lv.36
Duosion lv.35
Swanna lv.35

Still itching to add my final member, Mienshao sometime soon.

The fuck? Way overpowered :lol I was overpowered at that stage and my team were all Lvl.33-ish. I'd recommend doing no more grinding :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Izayoi said:
Oh my. I've never had anything like that happen before.

Hm... Maybe it's your DS?
Well I guess I can test it on my old DS when I get home. I really just hope I'm being unlucky with a few glitches.

Mush

Green Scar said:
The fuck? Way overpowered :lol I was overpowered at that stage and my team were all Lvl.33-ish. I'd recommend doing no more grinding :p
Really? I haven't been doing that much grinding. Well, at least it will save me the need to level up when I get to the E4. :p

Izayoi

Banned
Andrex said:
I just want Game Sync to actually sync games. I don't want to lose hundreds of hours of work if my White cart shorts out or something.
Yeah, how does the Game Sync work anyway?

Does it actually store a copy of your save on the internet?

Nintendo really needs to add a way to back up your saves on their handhelds. Consoles have been able to do it for what, three generations now?

There's no excuse anymore.

BGBW said:
Well I guess I can test it on my old DS when I get home. I really just hope I'm being unlucky with a few glitches.
That's what it sounds like to me. I've never heard of those kinds of problems before you mentioning them.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:
Yeah, how does the Game Sync work anyway?

Does it actually store a copy of your save on the internet?

Nintendo really needs to add a way to back up your saves on their handhelds. Consoles have been able to do it for what, three generations now?

There's no excuse anymore.

Basically you upload one Pokemon using Game Sync and you can do stuff with it on the Dream World website (from what I understand.) Then when you're done you "sync" back to your game cart and can take any berries/Pokemon/etc. you've found in the Dream World with you.

It's not really a game sync the way syncing is traditionally understood. It'd be nice if Gamefreak did something like what Steam and PSN does with cloud game saves, I mean they one-upped Nintendo on the Street Pass feature, so hopefully they'll be first out with such a feature again.

Mush said:
Really? I haven't been doing that much grinding. Well, at least it will save me the need to level up when I get to the E4. :p

Pretty much yeah, I've just opened up access to Gym 6 and my team are still not as strong as yours, and I'm still a step ahead of any in-game trainers. I'm chilling out for a bit, I can easily take any comers. The reworking EXP system will bring me down to size eventually I guess.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I just read that the only way to get charmander is through the dream link! and we have to wait til march 30th aghh!

(unless I trade.. but the nets just been changed to WAP.. well the one that the DS cant use ;_;)

Jinko

Andrex said:

Doesn't game sync upload your save data online, I think a DS game save file is 256-512k right, shouldn't be hard really, assuming GF did it right.

I just read that the only way to get charmander is through the dream link! and we have to wait til march 30th aghh!

Yea its a pain really, they should have got this sorted before launch.

Izayoi

Banned
HolyCheck said:

(unless I trade.. but the nets just been changed to WAP.. well the one that the DS cant use ;_;)
You getting a 3DS?

Wiseblade

Mush said:
Wait, my rivals Pignite has Leftovers?! Someone trade me a Poke with Theft, stat!

You are a genius and I love you.

Switcheroo and Trick will also work if you happen to have an item you don't care about.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Uh, shitty natures for a few of these Sawks just because I forgot to give Ditto the everstone. Hopefully the next batch will be better.
I'll just dump the crap ones on the GTS since no one wants a bold one.

Mush

Wiseblade said:
You are a genius and I love you.
You're welcome. Is it possible to trade over from Gen 4 games yet? (I've just received Surf)
BGBW said:
Uh, shitty natures for a few of these Sawks just because I forgot to give Ditto the everstone. Hopefully the next batch will be better.
I'll just dump the crap ones on the GTS since no one wants a bold one.
I wouldn't mind one, having White Version and all. :3

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Jinko said:
Doesn't game sync upload your save data online, I think a DS game save file is 256-512k right, shouldn't be hard really, assuming GF did it right.

I'm 90% sure it doesn't, and if it does, I have not heard anything about re-downloading that data on a new card. So it doesn't look like they did it right.

Oh well, it'll be a killer feature for Gen 6 at least.

Mush

Wiseblade said:
Not until you beat the elite 4. The place is just to the left of Black City/White Forest.
HolyCheck said:
not until after you get the national pokedex after beating the elite 4!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Off to bulbapedia to find Pokes that can learn Theft!

Andrefpvs

Andrex said:
I'm 90% sure it doesn't, and if it does, I have not heard anything about re-downloading that data on a new card. So it doesn't look like they did it right.

Oh well, it'll be a killer feature for Gen 6 at least.

They won't do it because of Pokémon cloning.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
what are you using theft for? what is left overs?

does theft steal other trainers items o_O if so bad arse

(pokenoooob)

edit: ouch lol there goes your plan

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Andrefpvs said:
They won't do it because of Pokémon cloning.

Eh there are ways to contain that. For instance, if you sync your file to a new game, you can't sync your old game, or your old game has to be deleted, or something.

If they made it account-based (like the Dream World already is, actually) they could manage it further.

Andrefpvs

Andrex said:
Eh there are ways to contain that. For instance, if you sync your file to a new game, you can't sync your old game, or your old game has to be deleted, or something.

If they made it account-based (like the Dream World already is, actually) they could manage it further.

I never meant that there weren't ways to circumvent that, it's just that, you know, it's Game Freak.

Would be totally awesome if it could happen though. I too am paranoid about losing save data.

Mush

Andrefpvs said:
Also...

:(

(I feel like a bubble-bursting jerk).
Why did I have to see this post after I soft-reset. :( Thanks anyway!

My other options are Trick (no Gen V Poke learns it naturally) or Switcheroo (Cottonee can have it breed on to it via Cacnea/Cacturne), so if anyone has a Poke that has either of these, I will be eternally grateful.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Andrefpvs said:
I never meant that there weren't ways to circumvent that, it's just that, you know, it's Game Freak.

Hey with B/W that's not really an insult anymore. ;)

Andrefpvs said:
Would be totally awesome if it could happen though. I too am paranoid about losing save data.

Indeed.

Wiseblade

Mush said:
Why did I have to see this post after I soft-reset. :( Thanks anyway!

My other options are Trick (no Gen V Poke learns it naturally) or Switcheroo (Cottonee can have it breed on to it via Cacnea/Cacturne), so if anyone has a Poke that has either of these, I will be eternally grateful.
Doesn't work. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom