• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
BGBW said:
Why are Dittos so annoying?

Dittos are only as annoying as you make them. They copy the catch rate of the pokemon they transform in, so don't send out a legendary the turn it transforms and they can be as easy as can be depending on what's in your party.

Shahadan

Hmm, managed to obtain an Espeon in exchange of an Oshawott pretty quickly. I thought that was too random to work. A fully trained one, with that. So the GTS really does work? :eek:

Anyway, off to breed the fuck out of the poor thing.

The Lamp

Hard to believe it took us 13 years to get from
thumb_4c371567_Pikachu_-_Pokemon_Blue_Red.png

to
025.gif

Or particularly to get from
367965-pokemon_blue_38_screen_large.png

to
Pokemon-Black-and-White-Raikou-Battle.jpg

We've come a long way.

Salaadin

Suairyu said:
Whyyyy? What do you have against being fabulous?
LOL! I admit to being excited when I get a new prop too. Those little shows and events that you can put your pokemon in always make me laugh. I love them.

Edit:
The Lamp said:
thumb_4c371567_Pikachu_-_Pokemon_Blue_Red.png

025.gif

Oh man, I forgot how fat he was.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nils said:
Dittos are only as annoying as you make them. They copy the catch rate of the pokemon they transform in, so don't send out a legendary the turn it transforms and they can be as easy as can be depending on what's in your party.
I send out a level 2 Lillipup called Ditto Bait. Usually a great ball works, but sometime I'm chucking loads of them.

Mr. Paer said:
Dammit, this is the third day in a row the Musical Man in Opelucid City hasn't given me an item! I haven't been messing with the clock. Has this happened to anyone else? I tried doing a google search but couldn't find anyone with the same problem
I read he only gives out five items. He hasn't given me anything in the past two days.
Then again I won four props from one show yesterday so I'm not complaining.

Woffles said:
Caught Metang at lvl 63 after god knows how many ultra balls and restarts. Harder than any other to catch so far for me. But then, I'm only false-swiping as I've not bothered to see if I have anything that knows slp/par/frz/brn etc moves yet. I probably have.
Well you can buy the Thunderwave TM at the Pokecentre in the town with the Musical theatre.

The Lamp said:
Tempted to play through Blue again.

Suairyu

Banned
Bring back fatchu!

(Half kidding. But in that animated sprite his head does look rather small)

edit - Just been informed of a big storm on Route 7. I presume this is where a roaming Pokémon appears, right? So what's the deal, save before going there, lob the masterball, check its nature then reload if not cool?

Roto13

Suairyu said:
Bring back fatchu!

(Half kidding. But in that animated sprite his head does look rather small)

edit - Just been informed of a big storm on Route 7. I presume this is where a roaming Pokémon appears, right? So what's the deal, save before going there, lob the masterball, check its nature then reload if not cool?
You won't get the chance to capture him the first time you meet him, and that's the point when his nature is set. If you really care about his nature, you'll have to start it roaming and then hunt it down and throw a Master Ball at it. This can be annoying if you don't have the right side of the map unlocked yet.

Woffls

BGBW said:
Well you can buy the Thunderwave TM at the Pokecentre in the town with the Musical theatre
Cheers! I'll go do that now. So, do all the Pokémarts sell different TM's then?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
finalozzo said:
:mad:, i am disappointed.

He'll be back in the sequel, Pokemon Copper and Pokemon Zinc, which introduce the region north of Unova, but allow traveling to Unova when you beat the main game. It also takes place three years after the story in Black and White.

Zzoram

I really wonder what the next gen of Pokemon will be called. They did colours, precious metals, and precious stones already. Maybe something related to 3D? Geometric shapes?

D-Pad

Andrex said:
Anyone know what's up with
the guy who checks your bag on Route 17?

He's looking for some sort of
Rare Bone
item that you find attached to... Er... Some POkemon I forgot... Crumbly? Crusties? Something silly like that.

Spoiler

Cmagus

Just finished the first gym and did the Munn thing now off to the next gym.

Dewott lvl 21
Pansear lvl 16
Purlion lvl 14
Audino lvl 12
lilipup lvl 9
patrat lvl 9

D-Pad

farnham said:
played the wrong version huhhttp://www.honestgamers.com/images/games/16/P/4681/2.jpg[IMG]

besuto baajan eba![/QUOTE]

If you kept trying to use a Potion on Pikachu, even when fully healed, you could max out his happiness.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:
He's looking for some sort of
Rare Bone
item that you find attached to... Er... Some POkemon I forgot... Crumbly? Crusties? Something silly like that.

Spoiler

Oh, thanks.

What's he do with it?

P90

Zzoram said:
I really wonder what the next gen of Pokemon will be called. They did colours, precious metals, and precious stones already. Maybe something related to 3D? Geometric shapes?

If it is geometric shapes, maybe Porygon becomes the mascot legendary?

Roto13

Zzoram said:
A giant rotating sphere or cube on the top screen in 3D. :p That could work.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Zzoram said:
Brown and Bloom.

Zzoram

Achtius said:
They boast 1 EV. (reversible via ev-reducing berry)

Oh nice. Should we be running around that bridge to keep collecting wings then? Sure seems easier than buying vitamins with BP.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Zzoram said:
Oh nice. Should we be running around that bridge to keep collecting wings then? Sure seems easier than buying vitamins with BP.
You could just buy them on route 9.

D-Pad

Andrex said:
Oooooh. All of them, or one at a time?

Wait! Nevermind... My bad. He just buys them for a high price. Sorry!

Wait! No! You do get
flutes
from him...

The book confused me...

Woffls

What Pokémon are you guys using to catch with? I'm cross referencing those that can learn false-swipe with those that can use moves like thunder wave and it's taking aaggess :(

Suairyu

Banned
So in 'Mystery Of The Lighthouse', Bill is searching for this mysterious Pokémon nobody has ever seen before. To the audience, it is obvious this mysterious Pokémon is simply a large Dragonite.

But whatevs, maybe they're rare, right?

Next episode, 'Electric Shock Showdown'

Pokédex: "The Raichu can shock with over 100000 volts, enough force to knock unconcious a Dragonite"

Oh.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Woffls said:
What Pokémon are you guys using to catch with? I'm cross referencing those that can learn false-swipe with those that can use moves like thunder wave and it's taking aaggess :(

Haxorus with False Swipe.

D-Pad said:
Wait! Nevermind... My bad. He just buys them for a high price. Sorry!

Wait! No! You do get
flutes
from him...

The book confused me...

MAKE UP YOUR MIND

:p

Just finished the 3rd gym last night. Love the game so far but I got so used to not having to hold B to run in SoulSilver that its distracting at times now...

7Th

Lilligant with Own Tempo, Quiver Dance and Petal Dance is by far the most broken Grass-type monster in the entire game; Jesus Christ.

D-Pad

Andrex said:

Book doesn't say right out tha'tll he'll give you
flutes
, it just says he'll buy the
bones
for a high price. However, when talking about the buyer in
Undella Town
, it says that he'll "buy the...
flutes
you can get from the sunglasses-wearing man on Route 13".

The
bones
are rarely attached to wild
Crustles

Oh wait... 13! Oops, sorry... Brain-dead moment right there! lol

Raxus

7Th said:
Lilligant with Own Tempo, Quiver Dance and Petal Dance is by far the most broken Grass-type monster in the entire game; Jesus Christ.
Both exclusive grass types in B/W play differently. Cottonee is much more defensive.

Woffls

BOOM! Pawniard, Bisharp and Cobalion can learn False Swipe and Thunder Wave :D I hope I have a Pawniard somewhere... =\

Woffls said:
BOOM! Pawniard, Bisharp and Cobalion can learn False Swipe and Thunder Wave :D I hope I have a Pawniard somewhere... =\
Hmm, I've just been making do with a lv. 50
Zangoose
I had lying around, in order to do capturing.

As an aside, for the first time, I'm trying to catch every single Pokémon in the wild with Poké Balls only. I've...spent a lot of money on them so far. Though, not more money than what I regularly spend on Revives/Hyper Potions/Lemonades.

So far, I have 123 caught. I'll admit, it gets real tough throwing 50 Poké Balls at
Cobalion
, and not having even one of them go to 3 shakes ;_;

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Woffls said:

Cobalion. Thunder Wave, False Swipe, Swords Dance.

larvi

Woffls said:

After getting the national dex I transfered my Breloom with spore/false swipe/stun spore. Same one I've been using since gen 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom