• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK

I have been using an Archeops as my flyer most of the game and through the Elite four, but his ability really gets annoying sometimes. So I just replaced him with a Braviary who currently knows Fly, Shadow Claw, Rock Slide, and Sky Drop. So far, I don't think I regret it but I was just reading a lot of praise for Archeops on this page that's almost making me reconsider.

So, I started transferring Pokemon over, so feel free to hit me up about Pokemon you guys want. I doubt there's much need for this, but I can offer a lot of things, most non-legendaries, all starters, eevees, etc. Just let me know!

Delio

KingK said:
I have been using an Archeops as my flyer most of the game and through the Elite four, but his ability really gets annoying sometimes. So I just replaced him with a Braviary who currently knows Fly, Shadow Claw, Rock Slide, and Sky Drop. So far, I don't think I regret it but I was just reading a lot of praise for Archeops on this page that's almost making me reconsider.

Archeops was brotier as soon as he evolved. With the wide range of moves it learns coupled with it's high speed and attack i could get around it's ability fairly easy.

btkadams

789shadow said:
*is mapping
the Abyssal Ruins.
maze
goes off graph paper*

RAGE.
i don't even want to ever go there lol. it seems too intense. but my list of things to do is getting smaller and smaller.

zumphry

Banned
So I spoiled myself on knowing
Cynthia
was in the game (thanks Bulbapedia, finger, brain). Will I totally hate the ending now?

r4z4

DarthWufei said:
So, I started transferring Pokemon over, so feel free to hit me up about Pokemon you guys want. I doubt there's much need for this, but I can offer a lot of things, most non-legendaries, all starters, eevees, etc. Just let me know!

Female Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise please?!

KingK

Delio said:
Archeops was brotier as soon as he evolved. With the wide range of moves it learns coupled with it's high speed and attack i could get around it's ability fairly easy.

Yeah, but I felt like any time he didn't KO the enemy in one turn, he was pretty much useless. I just felt limited with him and didn't use him that much because of it I guess. Although he did almost single handedly win me the 8th gym badge with Dragonbreath.

Gravijah

ZayneH said:
So I spoiled myself on knowing
Cynthia
was in the game (thanks Bulbapedia, finger, brain). Will I totally hate the ending now?

No, she's a minor part of the post game. It's not that big of a deal.

Raxus

Izayoi, I have been meaning to ask. I have been afraid to go into battle subway because legendaries are banned and most of the pokemon I have been training are pretty terrible sans my starter Emboar. I still have to get rid of the flame blitz move but I dunno what I should replace it with.

I need a good moveset for Emboar and a good team to go into the battle subway (singles first). Help!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
r4z4 said:
So I'm about to trade in my fossil for a Tirtouga. What nature/ability should I be going with? Thinking +Sp. Def/Solid Rock?

Edit: Or just restart till I get a female?

Water/Rock is horrible defensively, and given this guys stat distribution, you want to play him offensively. Adamant seems like the obvious nature, unless you plan to utilize his decent Special Attack, then Brave. You could even go with a -Def/-SpDef nature, as not to hurt his speed when he Shell Smashes.

Brave nature will let you use Shell Smash and you'll be able to hit from both sides. I think something like Hydro Pump / Stone Edge (or Rock Slide) / Ice Beam / Shell Smash. You could Aqua Jet either over Hydro Pump, or Ice Beam. If you use it over Hydro Pump though, you're giving up a lot of power, and if you use it over Ice Beam you're going to have a tough time with Grass types. If you use Rock Slide over Stone Edge, you're giving up a lot of power too, and might want to go with a Quiet nature to boost the power of Hydro Pump instead.

Life Orb works, but Wide Lens with Hydro Pump / Stone Edge could find a place. I'd personally prefer Sturdy over Solid Rock, if you're running Shell Smash too.

Earthquake can be used on the set, but it won't give you much coverage, except for being able to hit Empoleon.

If you were going to use a Curse set, THEN I'd go with a +SpDef nature.. maybe. With only 74 base hp and 65 base spdef though, it won't be taking him far, even with neutral hits. I'd focus on his good stats instead of trying to make him something defensive.

edit: This is the number one set listed by Smogon.

Name: Break On Through!
Move 1: Shell Smash
Move 2: Waterfall / Aqua Jet
Move 3: Stone Edge / Rock Slide
Move 4: Earthquake
Item: Life Orb / White Herb
Ability: Solid Rock
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Izayoi said:
All
Spiritomb
will do is double-team.

I beat
her
by opening with Haxorus and five Dragon Dances. Swept
her
entire team despite being 17 levels lower.

i did the same thing but with coil and serperior , i didnt really need to since my poke were at the same level as the trainers but I said what the hey.

yeb

Izayoi said:
All
Spiritomb
will do is double-team.

I beat
her
by opening with Haxorus and five Dragon Dances. Swept
her
entire team despite being 17 levels lower.
I totally stole that just now with my newly trained Haxorus, except I was ~25 levels lower and I could only get away with 4 Dragon Dances. One lucky miss from the
Milotic
that survived my Dragon Claw, and I went from level 50-56 in one battle with the Lucky Egg.

zumphry

Banned
Gravijah said:
No, she's a minor part of the post game. It's not that big of a deal.

Alright. I was wondering if
N was Cynthia
. They both have a tendency to jump out of bushes to talk.

Izayoi

Banned
Raxus said:
Izayoi, I have been meaning to ask. I have been afraid to go into battle subway because legendaries are banned and most of the pokemon I have been training are pretty terrible sans my starter Emboar. I still have to get rid of the flame blitz move but I dunno what I should replace it with.

I need a good moveset for Emboar and a good team to go into the battle subway (singles first). Help!
Emboar has a ton of options. Unfortunately his true potential is hidden away in the Dream World still, but you've got a ton of options to work with here.

Flame Charge/Flare Blitz
Head Smash/Earthquake/Stone Edge
Wild Charge
Hammer Arm (I would say Superpower but it's an Egg move unfortunately.)

The great thing about unlimited use TMs is that now you get to play around with movesets as much as you want. Go crazy.

Delio

DarthWufei said:

Oh man i'd love a Eevee or a Bulbasaur.

Zertez

DarthWufei said:
Im looking for female Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Turtwig, if you have any please. I can return a female to you, once I breed for a little as well. My FC is 4813 6451 3482. I have most things in White for trade, outside of legendaries.

789shadow said:
*is mapping
the Abyssal Ruins.
maze
goes off graph paper*

RAGE.
Now see, this thing happened to me as well.

I resorted to printing a custom-made high-density grid made online. The place really is huge.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
Uhm, Route 17/18 I think.
Yup. At the very bottom left of
Route 18
. Can't remember if it's
in the grass
or
on the beach
. Impossible to miss it, though.

Izayoi said:
Yup. At the very bottom left of
Route 18
. Can't remember if it's
in the grass
or
on the beach
. Impossible to miss it, though.

its at the end of a
long path/cliff with grass

Izayoi

Banned
789shadow said:
Umm, how does one
activate the staircase to the upper floors of the Abyssal ruins?
To expand on what Gravijah said, it's based on number of steps taken.

If you don't get there in the exact right amount of steps it won't open.

There are different mechanics for opening the doors in the next floors.

789shadow

Banned
Izayoi said:
To expand on what Gravijah said, it's based on number of steps taken.

If you don't get there in the exact right amount of steps it won't open.

There are different mechanics for opening the doors in the next floors.
*eye twitch*
I may just put that off......indefinitely. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
btkadams said:
the sports stadiums are great for experience. i'm glad they don't leave you with nothing to help you level up like hg/ss.

Eh? You could phone call almost any NPC and all the gym leaders.

789shadow said:
*is mapping
the Abyssal Ruins.
maze
goes off graph paper*

RAGE.

Dude, this.

My Tepig (currently Pignite) has this as his moveset:

Take Down
Flame Charge
Arm Thrust
Rollout

Should I switch one of these out for Heat Crash?

I have a Drilbur that has a rock move, so Rollout may not be critical. Otherwise maybe Take Down isn't needed?

.JayZii

Banned
So i just started and I am trying to get an audino to appear. I've been running back and forth next to a grass patch for a minute or two and nothing. Is it completely random or am I doing something wrong?

Village Bridge. Woman with 4 Patrats. What.

.JayZii said:
So i just started and I am trying to get an audino to appear. I've been running back and forth next to a grass patch for a minute or two and nothing. Is it completely random or am I doing something wrong?

It's pretty random, yeah. Just keep trying; you'll find one soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom