• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

.JayZii said:
So i just started and I am trying to get an audino to appear. I've been running back and forth next to a grass patch for a minute or two and nothing. Is it completely random or am I doing something wrong?

Just keep running back and forth. If one doesn't pop up, go to a different route/town/inside a building/etc, come back out and try again. That's what I usually do and one will pop up relatively fast.

Izayoi said:
Now? Did they change something?

Shell Break + Skill Link + Icicle Spear = Massive Damage

Plus it has Ice Shard if anything still threatens to outrun it.

Dear Vanillish, YOU FUCKING SUCK. ALL YOU DO IS DIE. :(

I really hope he improves once he evolves.

789shadow

Banned
.JayZii said:
So i just started and I am trying to get an audino to appear. I've been running back and forth next to a grass patch for a minute or two and nothing. Is it completely random or am I doing something wrong?
Whatever determines when they appear resets when you get a random encounter. Run around outside the grass.

robotzombie said:
Is Horn Drill a worthwhile skill to learn?
You probably shouldn't rely on OHKO moves. Low PP + low accuracy(usually) = future frustration.

Plus, the vast majority of enemy trainers will have Pokémon at higher levels than yours, so having the move becomes more pointless (looking at abt. 20% accuracyor lower, maybe) :)

survivor

Banned
Postgame spoiler

Just faced Cynthia and she kicked my ass. I thought I can sweep her with Haxorus but apparently Spiritomb can OHKO me with Shadow Ball. So then I thought Excadrill can sweep with Swords Dance but stupid Milotic was faster than me.

Roto13

Fooooof, so I finished the Unova Pokedex. Something like 80 hours. (I've been spending waaaay too much time playing this game.) Just finished transferring all of my Pokemon over from Pearl and HeartGold and am going to get to work on the National Dex. As soon as I finish oragnizing my PC boxes.

Where do I head to first after beating the elite 4 and stuff? My team is mostly around level 50 and both places I've been to have like level 65 trainer battles in my way. Do I just have to grind about 15 levels to keep going?

survivor

Banned
Oni Link 666 said:
Where do I head to first after beating the elite 4 and stuff? My team is mostly around level 50 and both places I've been to have like level 65 trainer battles in my way. Do I just have to grind about 15 levels to keep going?
I wondered the same thing as you when I beat the Elite Four but you will be fine. For some reason even though they are much higher level than you, they aren't that strong.

KingK

I'm on post-Elite 4 stuff and I'm considering taking Stoutland off my team.

My team right now is
Serperior
Zebstrika
Escavalier
Seismitoad
Braviary
Stoutland

All level 53/54. My problem is that Stoutland knows Fire Fang and Ice Fang. Those are my only fire and ice type moves on my team.

So should I leave Stoutland on my team or switch for something else? Maybe a Haxorus?

Andrefpvs

One of the things I noticed while playing this game was that Pokémon names are no longer capitalized. That means that it's now Bidoof instead of BIDOOF.

What I was wondering was what about Pokémon you transfer from previous gens? I know unevolved Pokémon will probably have their names "fixed" when they evolve, but will a fully-evolved one keep its ugly capitalized named?

I'm asking this so I know whether I have to nickname some of my Pokémon before transferring them or if they're automatically fixed.

This is a question for people who have used PokéTransfer. Thanks!

Gravijah

Andrefpvs said:
One of the things I noticed while playing this game was that Pokémon names are no longer capitalized. That means that it's now Bidoof instead of BIDOOF.

What I was wondering was what about Pokémon you transfer from previous gens? I know unevolved Pokémon will probably have their names "fixed" when they evolve, but will a fully-evolved one keep its ugly capitalized named?

I'm asking this so I know whether I have to nickname some of my Pokémon before transferring them or if they're automatically fixed.

All caps. Wonder what happens when you evolve 'em... Gimme a sec and I'll find out.

Edit: Lower case after evolution.

Wiseblade

KingK said:
I'm on post-Elite 4 stuff and I'm considering taking Stoutland off my team.

My team right now is
Serperior
Zebstrika
Escavalier

Seismitoad
Braviary
Stoutland

All level 53/54. My problem is that Stoutland knows Fire Fang and Ice Fang. Those are my only fire and ice type moves on my team.

So should I leave Stoutland on my team or switch for something else? Maybe a Haxorus?
iy1wnb.jpg

Yeah, You should get rit of stoutland IMO. can;t seismitoad learn any ice moves? Damanitan is my suggestion for a fire types, he hits like a truck.

Obsessed said:
Shell Break + Skill Link + Icicle Spear = Massive Damage

Plus it has Ice Shard if anything still threatens to outrun it.

Dear Vanillish, YOU FUCKING SUCK. ALL YOU DO IS DIE. :(

I really hope he improves once he evolves.

You're using the soft serve ice cream? Its final stats don't look too hot to me.

jman2050

Is it just me or are there almost no defensive pokemon in this new set. It's Ferrothorn, Cofagrious and... and... uh, Musharna?

Jamesfrom818 said:
You're using the soft serve ice cream? Its final stats don't look too hot to me.

Yeah, Excadrill managed to sweep the final gym on his own. I'm ditching Vanillice.

I might add a Haxorus to my team. Though I was planning on using the Dark/Dragon Pokemon as my flier late game so that probably isn't too smart.

Wiseblade

jman2050 said:
Is it just me or are there almost no defensive pokemon in this new set. It's Ferrothorn, Cofagrious and... and... uh, Musharna?
Don't forget Jellicent. And Ferrothorn is defensive enough for a whole generation.

dangerbyrnes said:
is timid a good nature for a snivy?

Timid increases speed, lowers attack. Pretty good for a Dream World Snivvy which uses all special moves. However, ingame you may want to make use of Coil and use physical moves which make use of the attack stat.

edit:

Just got told there was a massive storm on Route 7. I know it means something, but what?

Izayoi

Banned
789shadow said:
Oh no, it's the Magikarp guy. :(
Why do you do this, GF?
Only place you can get Magikarp in Unova.

robotzombie said:
Is Horn Drill a worthwhile skill to learn?
Nope.

Andrefpvs said:

Basically you're fucked. Nickname them before you send them over. That's really your only option.

KingK

Wiseblade said:
Yeah, You should get rit of stoutland IMO. can;t seismitoad learn any ice moves? Damanitan is my suggestion for a fire types, he hits like a truck.

Seismitoad can't learn any Ice type moves, unfortunately. And I was using Darmanitan's first evolution early on in the game for a while, but his defenses are just so awful. He's not slow, but I don't feel like he's fast enough to justify his lack of any defense. I might reconsider putting him on though.

Obsessed said:
Timid increases speed, lowers attack. Pretty good for a Dream World Snivvy which uses all special moves. However, ingame you may want to make use of Coil and use physical moves which make use of the attack stat.

edit:

Just got told there was a massive storm on Route 7. I know it means something, but what?

it means the legendary pokemon tornadus or thundrus is there.

Andrefpvs

Gravijah said:
All caps. Wonder what happens when you evolve 'em... Gimme a sec and I'll find out.

Edit: Lower case after evolution.

Thanks. So:

a) Don't worry about Pokémon that will evolve
b) Nickname the creatures that can't evolve

Got it.

Izayoi

Banned
Andrefpvs said:
Thanks. So:

a) Don't worry about Pokémon that will evolve
b) Nickname the creatures that can't evolve

Got it.
If you're like me and you already had all 493 it means you have to nickname every single one of them, though.

:(

survivor said:
You know I just realized I haven't done a single rotational battle in the game. Is there a place to do it?
In White? Maybe the Battle Subway? Online I guess. Otherwise I don't think so.

survivor

Banned
Izayoi said:
Yeah it's White. I was just looking at the comparisons picture and I remembered about rotational battles. I thought I will at least have one outside of battle Subway

DMG-01

Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned a few times a place that auto-levels your pokemon to 50 for easy IV checking. Would anyone happen to remember what/where that is? And is it Wi-Fi only?

Also, Re: CAPS names, I forgot to nickname my STARAPTOR before I sent him over to Black. He's stuck screaming his name forever. :(

Cranzor

I was wondering... when Grey eventually comes out, is there going to be enough new stuff in it to be worth playing? I've never gotten one of the "third" Pokemon games so I was just wondering.

survivor

Banned
Cranzor said:
I was wondering... when Grey eventually comes out, is there going to be enough new stuff in it to be worth playing? I've never gotten one of the "third" Pokemon games so I was just wondering.
If it's on the 3DS then yeah it should be worth it. Otherwise if it's on the DS then it just depends on how much you like the new story stuff, move tutors, new areas and other little changes.

Gravijah

Cranzor said:

I think with the inevitability of Grey coming out on the 3DS, that Grey is going to be a much bigger deal than Platinum/Emerald/Crystal/Yellow.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
survivor said:
If it's on the 3DS then yeah it should be worth it. Otherwise if it's on the DS then it just depends on how much you like the new story stuff, move tutors, new areas and other little changes.

Probably more triple/rotation battles in the main story as well. And of course the Battle Subway will become the... Battle Subfrontier.

Cranzor

survivor said:
Gravijah said:
I think with the inevitability of Grey coming out on the 3DS, that Grey is going to be a much bigger deal than Platinum/Emerald/Crystal/Yellow.

Hmm... I forgot Grey would most likely be coming out on the 3DS. I'll most likely get it, was just wondering.

Ondore

Andrex said:
You can have more than 999,999 monies. :O

There's north of $1,700,000 in the Abyssal Ruins. Good thing, too - I had to buy some SlowpokeTails and a Bicycle.
And by that I mean stat drugs.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Now that I have the TMs for Psychic and Flamethrower, it's time for my Victini to evolve into a Super Saiyan and to kick Stoutland to the curb. Sorry my pet. :(

Ondore said:
There's north of $1,700,000 in the Abyssal Ruins. Good thing, too - I had to buy some SlowpokeTails and a Bicycle.
And by that I mean stat drugs.

Yeah that's how I found out. INSANE! Plus The Riches and the money-packing NPCs in Route 13.

Where do you buy SlowPokeTails from?

Busaiku

Izayoi said:
I know in Black there was one place where there was a triple battle, so I assume in White, that's the place with a rotation battle.
Can't remember where it was though.

I think the place right before Marvelous Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom