• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Order Sol said:
That and breeding for natures.

Oh yeah! The Everstone thing right? Awesome, I need some Dittos then. The leap in levels between E4 and the post-game is ridiculous though, who the fuck am I supposed to grind off of to be able to progress :/

I need my Platinum boys pronto. Shiny Roserade is gonna kick some serious ass once she makes it over.

Green Scar said:
Oh yeah! The Everstone thing right? Awesome, I need some Dittos then. The leap in levels between E4 and the post-game is ridiculous though, who the fuck am I supposed to grind off of to be able to progress :/

The stadiums at Nimbasa have multiple trainers, and they reset every day. Great for grinding.

Obsessed said:
The stadiums at Nimbasa have multiple trainers, and they reset every day. Great for grinding.

Yeah but they're all Lvl. 60+ too. My guys are only Lvl.52 :/ Like I said, it doesn't matter, I just need my Platinum team.

Raxus

Green Scar said:
Routes 11-15 plus a TON of daily trainers appear to make leveling up easier post game.

Despite being high level, the trainers post-E4 aren't so bad, and if even they give you trouble there's still Audino.

Alright I need some order in that to-do list:

- Go for Stone Edge TM
- EV train Kabuto and Rotom
- Get some 200ish BP because I need 3 Life Orbs and Explosion among other things
- Breed for proper Qwilfish and Meowth
- Get everything I need to breed Horsea so that it gets Outrage

Gravijah said:
They really aren't that hard. Plus, high level Audino.

I got killed by some Hiker with a Hippowdon and an Onix, both Lvl. 63. He destroyed me. :/

But yeah, the bolded there sounds very nice. Time to get on that

Wiseblade

Holy Order Sol said:
Despite being high level, the trainers post-E4 aren't so bad, and if even they give you trouble there's still Audino.

Alright I need some order in that to-do list:

- Go for Stone Edge TM
- EV train Kabuto and Rotom
- Get some 200ish BP because I need 3 Life Orbs and Explosion among other things
- Breed for proper Qwilfish and Meowth
- Get everything I need to breed Horsea so that it gets Outrage
No Ludicolo? And why Meowth?

WOOHOO! I caught an Adament Ditto. Maybe I can breed a proper Drillbur. Especially since he doesn't need egg moves to kick ass.

edit: My Excadrill is female. Does this mean that the Ditto will be treated as Male, making the everstone not work with passing on its nature?

survivor

Banned
I was checking my dex to see who I was missing and apparently I haven't seen Zweilous. Kinda weird. I guess I missed a trainer battle.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Obsessed said:
WOOHOO! I caught an Adament Ditto. Maybe I can breed a proper Drillbur. Especially since he doesn't need egg moves to kick ass.

edit: My Excadrill is female. Does this mean that the Ditto will be treated as Male, making the everstone not work with passing on its nature?

Everstone will work on either gender (since HG/SS). So give it to the Adamant Ditto.

Wiseblade

Obsessed said:

Na, you should be good.

Wiseblade said:
No Ludicolo? And why Meowth?

I'll handle Ludicolo even later when I get to transfer stuff because I'm gonna need Seed Bomb.

Jolly Persian + Technician should let me get Rain going and deal decent damage with Fake Out and Bite for ghosts. I'm not sure about the last move yet, could be Hypnosis or U-turn. Last thing I want is that creep Cloyster setting up for free.

Also I didn't know about Everstone working on both genders, which is weird because I read all that breeding-related stuff pretty thoroughly.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Crunched said:
wtf wild shiny
Metagross?!

ffffffffuuuuuu killed it :(

Don't even want to play anymore.

Pokemon Rules to Live By #848484: Have a False Swiper on you at all times.

Wiseblade

Crunched said:
wtf wild shiny
Metagross?!

Ouch. And it looks so good shiny, too!

Gravijah said:
Ouch, should have used a master ball you crazy fool.

I probably would have done this too, even though it would have done nothing but sit in my PC all day.

Gravijah

Andrex said:

Only problem is that would have took forever with the steel typing.

Wiseblade said:
I probably would have done this too, even though it would have done nothing but sit in my PC all day.

A cool trophy is a cool trophy, especially because there's nothing else to really use a master ball on.

Crunched said:
wtf wild shiny
Metagross?!

If it makes you feel any better, the story your tag links to is fucking hilarious. If slightly disturbing. And ouch, killing a shiny :/

Gravijah said:
Only problem is that would have took forever with the steel typing.

A cool trophy is a cool trophy, especially because there's nothing else to really use a master ball on.

Do any of the false swipers learn Leer/Screech? That could help alleviate it somewhat...

Red

Gravijah said:
Ouch, should have used a master ball you crazy fool.
Already used it on Thundurus :(

Wiseblade said:
Ouch. And it looks so good shiny, too!
Oh god just rub it in. That leaves me with 2/3 shinies in my entire Pokemon playing history that I've KOed by accident. The only one I've successfully managed to capture? Woobat D;

Turned the game off. Need a break.

Andrex said:
Had my haxorus at the ready, didn't think my Hydreigon would take him out. Crit hit at the worst of times.

Gravijah

Speaking of awesome shinies:

mYGxj.png

All you have to do is give him a Stick.

Edit: OR TAKE HIM TO THE POKEMON MUSICAL AND GIVE HIM A CANE! I have a new goal in Pokelife.

Crunched said:

Oh god just rub it in. That leaves me with 2/3 shinies in my entire Pokemon playing history that I've KOed by accident. The only one I've successfully managed to capture? Woobat D;

KARMA FOR FINDING SO MANY SHINIES

no, just kidding. it really sucks. :(

Raxus

Crunched said:

All my shinies I traded for. Count yourself lucky you have seen 3.

Man, the initial descent into
the Abyssal Ruins
is pretty cool. The games rarely have camera perspective like that. I'd like to see it more often.

Red

Gravijah said:
KARMA FOR FINDING SO MANY SHINIES

no, just kidding. it really sucks. :(
Fought a shiny Gligar after 200+ hours in Pokemon Gold. Never encountered another one until White, when I found and successfully caught a shiny Woobat. This is the third I've ever seen, and by the far the most awesome, and fuck everything.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Electivirus said:
Man, the initial descent into
the Abyssal Ruins
is pretty cool. The games rarely have camera perspective like that. I'd like to see it more often.

Celestial Tower?

OMG Aero

I don't suppose anyone here can trade me some Pokemon to help with egg move breeding?
I'm after a male Absol that knows Dark Pulse (It can only know this if you taught it Dark Pulse in Gen 4 then transfer it to Gen 5) and either a Drowzee, Chimchar or Croagunk so I can pass Nasty Plot onto another Pokemon.
In exchange I can give you a Unova starter, Tirtouga/Archen, Rufflet and Zorua.

Wiseblade said:
You can catch Absol at the Giant Chasm entrance.

Oh, OK. That's actually preferable, I can't remember if I have an Absol on Platinum and I cba to go all the way up Mt Coronet so that's much more convenient.

Gravijah said:
Driftveil City Gym is also awesome. You guys know what I'm talking about!

There's lifts, and... ???

Sigh, my Ditto and Exadrill "dont like each other much." Does that mean they won't make babies, or does it just mean it will take a lot longer for them to produce a child?

Wow, five seconds after posting this they had a baby. So much for not liking each other.

PokeGAF: What IV calculator do you recommend?

Red

Edag Plata said:
Any tips for a quick evolution for Woobat? I've never been good at figuring out how to make these creatures happy enough for evolution...
Does he evolve by happiness? Attach a soothe bell, keep him in your party for a while. It helps if you catch him with a luxury ball.

Obsessed said:
Sigh, my Ditto and Exadrill "dont like each other much." Does that mean they won't make babies, or does it just mean it will take a lot longer for them to produce a child?

Wow, five seconds after posting this they had a baby. So much for not liking each other.
Heavens above
Sex without love

The Lamp

Obsessed said:

Hate sex can be great lol

Suairyu

Banned
OKAY I'M BACK

Time to head out into the post-E4 world.

I thiiiink I'll aim to finish catching the last few Pokémon remain from the pre-E4 areas first.

Gravijah

Time to hatch some Murkrow. If anyone wants one I'll probably end up with a billion. Nothing special about 'em, though, other than being exclusive to Black in BW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom