• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woffls

I've seen one shiny, it was a wild Tentacool in Soul Silver. I ran away from it accidentally :(

And god. damn. FINALLY! My Zweilous has evolved into Hydreigon! At level 64, that's the highest evolution level according to Bulbapedia or something.

iirate

Haha, I soft-reseted for a shiny Beldum back in Ruby. I'm not even ashamed; earlier that day, I had seen a shiny HERACROSS and lost it (stupid safari zone).

It only took me a few hours; it was TOTALLY worth it. Of course, a few months later, I have my GBA and all my games stolen. I also had a shiny Crobat, and I haven't seen a single shiny since then.

:(

Gravijah

Woffls said:
I've seen one shiny, it was a wild Tentacool in Soul Silver. I ran away from it accidentally :(

And god. damn. FINALLY! My Zweilous has evolved into Hydreigon! At level 64, that's the highest evolution level according to Bulbapedia or something.

Pokemon Sapphire (leaked rom wayyyyy back when. Anyone else remember that? It must have come out at least a month before the actual release.) I encountered a shiny Linoone... and ran away from it.

Pokemon LG I encountered a shiny Miltank... and it fled.

Pokemon Pearl I Pokeradar'd a shiny Weepinbell. Doesn't really count in my mind. :(

Suairyu said:
Hence "dibs". A reservation, not an immediate demand. Take all the time you need!

OK I have one for you now. Still have you in my Pal Pad, so I'll be in the WiFi room.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I got an Emboar from the GTS but the font its name is in is all weird... is it hacked, or just like from Italy or something? Its name is Chavo, don't know if that's Emboar's name in a different language...

I get the lamest shinies. My one and only shiny this gen has been Vullaby :(

Jesus, are some abilities more common than others? All these baby Drillburs are getting Sand Force...

Suairyu

Banned
Gravijah said:
OK I have one for you now. Still have you in my Pal Pad, so I'll be in the WiFi room.
Oh Christ I thought you'd take longer. Be there asap.

edit - anything you especially want or are you good for any old 'mon?

beje

Banned
Andrex said:
I got an Emboar from the GTS but the font its name is in is all weird... is it hacked, or just like from Italy or something? Its name is Chavo, don't know if that's Emboar's name in a different language...

It's probably japanese named using latin characters (which in the Japanese version get double-spaced)

Gravijah

Andrex said:

Maybe it's a Japanese player using English characters? They always look funny.

Suairyu said:
Oh Christ I thought you'd take longer. Be there asap.

edit - anything you especially want or are you good for any old 'mon?

I try to hurry up when someone is expecting something from me. :p

Suairyu

Banned
Actually, Gravijah, you might have my old friend code before I swapped DSs, as I don't have you registered anymore. I'd double check.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
beje said:
It's probably japanese named using latin characters (which in the Japanese version get double-spaced)

It's not like that, but... it's like the characters are larger, and they actually look more like a type you'd see on a computer instead of the narrower normal characters.

Wiseblade

Obsessed said:
I get the lamest shinies. My one and only shiny this gen has been Vullaby :(

Jesus, are some abilities more common than others? All these baby Drillburs are getting Sand Force...
I have a spare Adamant/Sand Rush/31Atk/31Speed Drilbur if you want it.

The defenses are terrible though.

Wiseblade said:
I have a spare Adamant/Sand Rush/31Atk/31Speed Drilbur if you want it.

The defenses are terrible though.

Drilbur isn't taking any attacks normally though. I may just have to take you up on that very kind offer. I'd probably use it as a parent. Smogon seems to suggest Jolly for the nature and I managed to get a Jolly male. Is your Drillbur female?

OMG Aero

Oh what the hell.
In previous gens if you evolved a Nincada at the exact level that it would learn a move as Ninjask (So say if you evolved it at level 25 and taught it Swords Dance), when the Shedinja is created it would have the same moveset as Ninjask.
In gen 5 when Shedinja is created it keeps the moveset that Nincada had before it evolved, so it is impossible to get Swords Dance or any Ninjask-only moves on Shedinja.
Thanks for ruining my favourite Pokemon, Game Freak.

Wiseblade

Obsessed said:
Drilbur isn't taking any attacks normally though. I may just have to take you up on that very kind offer. I'd probably use it as a parent. Smogon seems to suggest Jolly for the nature and I managed to get a Jolly male. Is your Drillbur female?
It's Male.

I'm not a big fan of running Jolly. If you're relying on your Excadrill to win a speed tie to counter the opponent's Excadrill then you did something very wrong.

Boogiepop

Grr... Battle Subway. Got abruptly torn up by a Meinshao. Perhaps I'll try again, actually equipping items on my team... (figured my EV trained IV bred team wouldn't need to bother with that, but I guess I was wrong)

beje

Banned
Andrex said:
It's not like that, but... it's like the characters are larger, and they actually look more like a type you'd see on a computer instead of the narrower normal characters.

Yeah, japanese version. Their pokémon names only have 5 spaces so whenever they use latin characters, it's a larger type to accomodate.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
beje said:
Yeah, japanese version. Their pokémon names only have 5 spaces so whenever they use latin characters, it's a larger type to accomodate.

Oh neat, so I should have Unity Tower right? How do I get there?

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Oh neat, so I should have Unity Tower right? How do I get there?

The boat in... Castelia city.

Suairyu said:
Gravijah was a hot nurse. I knew it!

Thanks a lot!

edit - Oh damn avatar quote opportunity so HOT above me right now.

Hey, this Oshawott has an Amulet Coin. Do you not need that? :p

Wiseblade said:
It's Male.

I'm not a big fan of running Jolly. If you're relying on your Excadrill to win a speed tie to counter the opponent's Excadrill then you did something very wrong.

I bred an Adamant with Sand Rush finally, and took it to the Battle Subway. I used Metalkid calc and got:

HP 26, 27
Att 28, 29
Def 10, 11
SpA 10, 11, 12, 13
SpD 14, 15
Speed 28, 29

Is that good? The speed and attack seem to be pretty high if the highest is 31, and the HP is pretty nice too.

PS_GUY

Raxus said:
Damn Landorus. I fought him so long he KO'ed himself using struggle.

Lol. I hate when that happens. You know what's worse? When you encounter a shiny Pokemon in a double battle and the other Pokemon uses an attack that kills the shiny one..

Anyway, just beat Clay's team after getting owned by him 5 separate times. I think I need to rethink my current team.

By the way, anyone remember the name rating post? http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=4058&cpage=2#comments

He's back and his replies are so much meaner.

"my hydreigon is called shadow(got any better names)"

"Yes, not shadow." XD

I'm kind of tempted to sign up and post my nick names for him to comment on.

Suairyu

Banned
Gravijah said:
Hey, this Oshawott has an Amulet Coin. Do you not need that? :p
No more than you needed an Oshawott. I have three of them. It was a gift, man, because I didn't have a Pokémon you needed in return. Now you gone made this all awkward.

: (

Gravijah

Suairyu said:
No more than you needed an Oshawott. I have three of them. It was a gift, man, because I didn't have a Pokémon you needed in return. Now you gone made this all awkward.

: (

Hey, I was just making sure it wasn't an accident! Thanks.

Wiseblade

Obsessed said:
I bred an Adamant with Sand Rush finally, and took it to the Battle Subway. I used Metalkid calc and got:

HP 26, 27
Att 28, 29
Def 10, 11
SpA 10, 11, 12, 13
SpD 14, 15
Speed 28, 29

Is that good? The speed and attack seem to be pretty high if the highest is 31, and the HP is pretty nice too.
Nice. The only Pokémon with 88 base speed is excadrill and nothing's catching you in the sand so the speed should be fine. I'd keep it.

Wiseblade said:
Nice. The only Pokémon with 88 base speed is excadrill and nothing's catching you in the sand so the speed should be fine. I'd keep it.

Woo. I'll EV train it now I suppose, unless you'd suggest using it as a parent. Though honestly I'm not terribly picky with IV's since I'm a novice breeder for now.

Credo

Shahadan said:
I have never, ever, encountred aany shiny pokemon. Am I weird?

Nah, you're not weird. I've only encountered one shiny pokemon since they debuted in Gold/Silver, and that was over 10 years ago. I ran into a shiny Rhyhorn in Victory Road during my first playthrough of Gold right after it came out. I didn't have false swipe, so I was trying to whittle its HP down, but my last attack was a critical hit that KO'd it.

I didn't think much about it at the time because I assumed I would run into another one in not too long. It's 10 years and 3 generations later, and I'm still waiting.

Woffls

Anyone want to trade my Tepig lvl1 for a Snivy or Oshawatt?! Also I need a Sawk and have a couple of extra Throhs. I tried looking around the GTS but either I don't understand it, or it's stupid ¬¬

Roto13

The only shiny I have besides the Red Gyarados, Pikachu-coloured Pichu, and the event Legendary Dogs, is a Golem. A friend caught it as a Graveller and gave it to me. He named it Aurum which drives me nuts. :p
Holy Order Sol said:
You can get massages once a day in Castelia City. Also, give it drugs.
Drugs. Right. Of course. :p

Suairyu

Banned
Cobalion; oh, Cobalion. Stay in the goddamn ball. Please.

edit - Success!

edit 2 - (immediately after catching Cobalion)
"It seems, thanks to you, Cobalion has realised the change between humans and Pokémon. I believe Cobalion wants to remain with you and travel by your side."

Does it fuck.

beje

Banned
I just noticed this:

Deino ->
ein -> one head
Zweilous ->
zwei -> two heads
Heydreigon ->
drei -> three heads

Mock if old

Anyone here experienced with Sandstorm teams this generation? What nature Tyranitar should I use if I am primarily using him to set up a Sandstorm, and maybe as a lure to eliminate Excadrill's counters?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
beje said:
I just noticed this:

Deino ->
ein -> one head
Zweilous ->
zwei -> two heads
Heydreigon ->
drei -> three heads

Mock if old

Then I shall mock you.

Red

Suairyu said:
Cobalion; oh, Cobalion. Stay in the goddamn ball. Please.

edit - Success!

edit 2 - (immediately after catching Cobalion)
"It seems, thanks to you, Cobalion has realised the change between humans and Pokémon. I believe Cobalion wants to remain with you and travel by your side."

Does it fuck.
I thought the trio this gen were all super easy to catch. Got one in a quick ball, the other two after five or six dusk balls.

Suairyu

Banned
Crunched said:
I thought the trio this gen were all super easy to catch. Got one in a quick ball, the other two after five or six dusk balls.
Then the random numbers your DS were using at the time were in your favour. It's all random, and legendary Pokémon have the odds stacked against you.

Wiseblade

beje said:
I just noticed this:

Deino ->
ein -> one head
Zweilous ->
zwei -> two heads
Hydreigon ->
drei -> three heads

Mock if old
Haha, you're slow.

More interestingly:

Deino
Zweilous
Hydreigon

Red

Suairyu said:
Then the random numbers your DS were using at the time were in your favour. It's all random, and legendary Pokémon have the odds stacked against you.
I guess. Haven't checked rates for legendaries, but I had no trouble catching any of them so far in White. Haven't tried for Kyurem yet, but everything else has been mine within ten turns. Even Zekrom was like, one quick ball -- done. A little anticlimactic, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom