• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
EvilMario said:
According to Bulbapedia, they explain it like this:

"When a move scores a critical hit, damage is calculated based on either the modified or unmodified attack and defense stats, whichever is more advantageous to the attacker. For example, an attacker who has used Swords Dance and then makes a critical hit will get the benefit of the increased Attack, while one affected by Charm will use its normal Attack score. Another example would be if a team had Light Screen or Reflect on it and the attacker scored a critical on the team with the certain wall; the defense added by the wall would then be ignored, and the attacker would do double damage."

They gave Salamence Wish too. They were Wish crazy back then.
That seems pretty smart for critical hits. I was at +1 defense and Throh was at -4 attack so I'm assuming it will just cancel out the -4.

Bit-Bit

Oh hey GAF, check out my pokemans!

198247_192895754082129_100000851184679_460167_53070_n.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
biggyfries said:
Quick question.

Leveled up my Throh, and need help on which move I should keep.

Should I learn Circle Throw? Current moves:
Revenge
Seismic Toss
Vital Throw
Body Slam

That all seem good. :p

Seismic Toss should definitely go. Circle Throw could replace Vital Throw. They're the same power, and Circle Throw may come in handy in a few battles. Body Slam is a decent move, providing paralyze, until you find a better move to overwrite it.

Keep checking your new TMs, since Throh can use a few of them. Something like Payback will fit him nicely, letting him hit Ghost/Psychic.

Mr. Sam

A nice quote from the gamesTM review:

"[Emboar is] the series' first twin-type starter as he develops into a Fighting type."

Good to know fact-checking is alive and well.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Achtius said:
I lost before i could fight back T_T

I carry Substitute on both my sweepers (Registeel / Garchomp) for Battle Tower. Less chance of being critically screwed, less status, more win. As a bonus, it laughs at Sucker Punch.

survivor

Banned
Bit-Bit said:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/198247_192895754082129_100000851184679_460167_53070_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
lulz Reshiram trying to hide boner.

Was this some Nintendo event?

Gravijah

Mr. Sam said:
A nice quote from the gamesTM review:

"[Emboar is] the series' first twin-type starter as he develops into a Fighting type."

Good to know fact-checking is alive and well.

The series has had a dual type starter since the beginning...

Poyunch

Oh no for about an hour I was increasing the health EV of my Krokorok when I was meaning to increase the attack because I was reading a chart wrong. Noooooo.

Firestorm

Andrex said:
AFAIK the B/W RNG still hasn't been completely cracked yet so it may not be so easy.
I believe it's just that RNG Reporter hasn't been updated to help people use C-Gear seeds. OmegaDonut is working on that now. Shouldn't be too long now.

TheOGB

Banned
Bit-Bit said:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/198247_192895754082129_100000851184679_460167_53070_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
cannot unsee derpface Reshiram and Zekrom with legs wide open awaiting

oh god no i'm going into a dark place excuse me i need to go for a walk

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
PounchEnvy said:
Oh no for about an hour I was increasing the health EV of my Krokorok when I was meaning to increase the attack because I was reading a chart wrong. Noooooo.

Oops. Haha. You could try making him very bulky, with a Bulk Up set. Bulk Up / Crunch / Earthquake / Dragon Tail (or Taunt).

EvilMario said:
Seismic Toss should definitely go. Circle Throw could replace Vital Throw. They're the same power, and Circle Throw may come in handy in a few battles. Body Slam is a decent move, providing paralyze, until you find a better move to overwrite it.

Keep checking your new TMs, since Throh can use a few of them. Something like Payback will fit him nicely, letting him hit Ghost/Psychic.
Thanks for the help! I thought Seismic would be good, if my Throh is a few levels higher than than E4.

Will get rid of it.

Delio

EvilMario said:
Definitely has the stats where you need them. I think it's pretty decent. And Daycare does not effect EVs. EVs are only gained from Experience gained in battles.

Alright then ty. I didnt even notice his stats untili went back and checked him heh.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
biggyfries said:
Thanks for the help! I thought Seismic would be good, if my Throh is a few levels higher than than E4.

Will get rid of it.

Throh has very good power, and should probably be doing more damage with his other attacks. You're unlikely to meet too much you won't do a lot of damage to. And like I said, I recommend Payback (50 base damage dark move, doubles if you move last) to back up your Fighting moves later.

Boogiepop

Gah, trying to get a non-American ditto is a pain. I really don't want to have to obtain and then trade a legendary for a damn ditto. If only they'd let you specify region when putting things up...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Gravijah said:
Let's not speak of those horrible starters ever again.

4WPB1.gif

I know this sounds weird, but I have a really soft spot in my heart for Meganium. As a starter, it's horrible. Bulky, horrible movepool, poor attack.. but I just loved the simple design.

I was on Bulbapedia, and this struck me as odd
Due to the censor that prevents Pokémon with offensive nicknames being traded on the GTS, an English language Cofagrigus cannot be traded without a nickname.

Why is this? Is there a bad word in Cofagrigus' name that I'm missing?

EDIT: Oh I see, it has Fag in it. LOL That's quite a mistake to make xD

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EvilMario said:
4WPB1.gif

I know this sounds weird, but I have a really soft spot in my heart for Meganium. As a starter, it's horrible. Bulky, horrible movepool, poor attack.. but I just loved the simple design.

I just think it looks dumb, and the anime did it/Bayleef no favors.

Besides that, I've always thought the final evolutions of starters should look imposing.

ivysaur12

Banned
balladofwindfishes said:
I was on Bulbapedia, and this struck me as odd

Why is this? Is there a bad word in Cofagrigus' name that I'm missing?

EDIT: Oh I see, it has Fag in it. LOL That's quite a mistake to make xD

That's actually really funny.

Firestorm

Andrex said:
And where's that guy that won the first tournament?
usea still posts here but iirc he really only started playing the game seriously because of the tournament. I remembered seeing his posts in competitive fighting game threads way back then. I've seen his posts in random threads recently too.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Firestorm said:
usea still posts here but iirc he really only started playing the game seriously because of the tournament. I remembered seeing his posts in competitive fighting game threads way back then. I've seen his posts in random threads recently too.

OK, one more question.

Where's cvxfreak? >:/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Firestorm said:
Moved to Japan years ago. He finished this months ago probably.

I know he did but I was hoping he'd be in here. :( He was always posting in the pre-release threads...

TheOGB

Banned
Activating zen mode, going from Dragonspiral Tower to post-E4
pre-Plasma craziness
. Think I can do it in less than 3 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom