• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Regulus Tera said:
Ash is still ten in Best Wishes!

They actually say this in the very first episode.
People often ask: "Which video game world would you rather live in?" and I always have the same answer: "Pokemon World."

What other world could anyone live in where you traverse 5 different regions, crossing sea's and oceans for 15 years, enter contests that supposedly happen only once every year and yet somehow despite all of this not a single fucking month has gone by?

It truly is an amazing world.
Ash needs to choke on something. I'm sick of him. I'm sick of his face.

Busaiku

Forceatowulf said:
What other world could anyone live in where you traverse 5 different regions, crossing sea's and oceans for 15 years, enter contests that supposedly happen only once every year and yet somehow despite all of this not a single fucking month has gone by?
This isn't true.
When Ash and friends got back to Viridian City, they said that a year had passed since they'd last been there (either them or the narrator).

Time passes, people just don't age.

Ugh, it seems my time trying to penetrate the message was useless.

The messages are a substitution cipher, as I suspected, but
all the sentences are backwards...

No wonder I couldn't understand what I got when I tried analysis on this...

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Busaiku said:
This isn't true.
When Ash and friends got back to Viridian City, they said that a year had passed since they'd last been there (either them or the narrator).

Time passes, people just don't age.
Does time really pass if nothing is aging?

*philosoraptor.jpg*

DMG-01

One-time use held items don't disappear if you use them in the Battle Subway, right? I want to get a battery for my Electivire, but it's not worth 48 BP if it will go away.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
DMG-01 said:
One-time use held items don't disappear if you use them in the Battle Subway, right? I want to get a battery for my Electivire, but it's not worth 48 BP if it will go away.

1) Consumable one time items are not 'used for good' in the Battle Subway.

2) Rechargeable Battery will not work with Electivire. The Electric move has to hit the Pokemon, and Motor Drive prevents that. Sorry!

Kyzer

Banned
I was watching the sub of Best Wishes and enjoying it until the episode where Ash challenges the Gym Leaders of Striaton. I wish I could take a screenshot of what Ash said, after making a bad choice in type-matchups that confused all the other trainers. It was like

"Types don't matter in a Pokemon battle!"

It was the epitome of what was wrong with the show.

Anyways.

I hope Grey Version has another region to travel to since the 3DS has so much more power and space...

Anyone else think that in order to still be able to justify remakes on the 3DS, they'll combine games? Something like Pokemon RubyRed that has Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto? I think that'd be cool. what if Grey had Sinnoh or Hoenn?

btkadams

just beat the second elite four+champion. what a great game! i thought my pkmn were too weak for them but i managed it with little use of potions/revives. it felt easier with regards to my levels compared to the first elite four battles.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just an idea I had in another thread; with the 3DS's Virtual Console, it would be amazing if you could transfer your Generation I/II Pokemon through to Pokemon Grey/3rd Generation remakes.

I know it'll never happen.. but oh well..

Gravijah

EvilMario said:
Just an idea I had in another thread; with the 3DS's Virtual Console, it would be amazing if you could transfer your Generation I/II Pokemon through to Pokemon Grey/3rd Generation remakes.

There was a minor discussion about this before. I wonder (theoretically) how they would handle IVs/stat exp/lack of natures/etc? Randomize 'em?

btkadams said:
just beat the second elite four+champion. what a great game! i thought my pkmn were too weak for them but i managed it with little use of potions/revives. it felt easier with regards to my levels compared to the first elite four battles.

Congrats ... im trying to train now so i can take them on. Tired of seeing Audinos >< Any tips on where to train?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Gravijah said:
There was a minor discussion about this before. I wonder (theoretically) how they would handle IVs/stat exp/lack of natures/etc? Randomize 'em?

Indeed, I imagine they would randomize it. Maybe let you catch the Pokemon in a mini-game, like we have for transferring now. Then you could check the Pokemon's natures and IVs before finalizing, and reset if you were not happy.

Gravijah

EvilMario said:
Indeed, I imagine they would randomize it. Maybe let you catch the Pokemon in a mini-game, like we have for transferring now. Then you could check the Pokemon's natures and IVs, and reset if you were not happy.

No more minigames please! Haha. They really need to make a fast, efficient way to transfer Pokemon in the next game.

Maybe the Ruby/Sapphire remakes will be set in the same time as BW, and actually outright reference the Unova region at points; and then Grey is set in both of them--it's a sequel to both BW and the RSE remakes, and you go from Unova over to Hoenn post-E4 in order to keep pursuing N.

Gravijah

Why is Blastoises species name "Shellfish Pokemon"? Makes no sense... Speaking of starters, I'd like to see the version mascots of next gen be starters again. Hell, maybe they could even be a big part of the story...

The Lamp

Mush said:
But we haven't discussed Gen III for a while yet!

v1mE1.jpg

Anth0ny

EvilMario said:

Yeah, that would be pretty awesome. We'd be able to have Pokemon from every gen in our BW games if this was possible.

As for all the extra stuff like natures and IVs... they would have to be random. I remember reading that you could get a shiny Pokemon from RBY if you traded to GSC.

Gravijah

Anth0ny said:
Yeah, that would be pretty awesome. We'd be able to have Pokemon from every gen in our BW games if this was possible.

As for all the extra stuff like natures and IVs... they would have to be random. I remember reading that you could get a shiny Pokemon from RBY if you traded to GSC.

Yup, that was because Pokemon were shiny in GSC if all of their IVs were 15, IIRC.

"In the wild, cries of the Pokémon found in the player's current location can occasionally be heard in the Generation III Hoenn- and Kanto-based games."

Huh. Wonder why that was removed...

Gravijah said:
Yup, that was because Pokemon were shiny in GSC if all of their IVs were 15, IIRC.
Shiny Pokes had to have IVs of 10 for Attack, Defence and Speed, and I think their Special had to be even. GSC was awesome for shinies because you could trade your shiny Gyarados back to RBY, fight a wild Ditto and get it to Transform into Gyarados and when you caught that Ditto and traded it to GSC it'd be shiny. I guess Dittos would copy the target Pokemon's IVs when they Transformed in RBY. You could use that shiny Ditto to drastically increase your chances of breeding pretty much whatever shiny Pokemon you liked. I had about fifteen shinies back in the day, including a bitchin' Charizard (although shiny Charizard in GSC was grey).

btkadams

ShikaTheReaper said:
Congrats ... im trying to train now so i can take them on. Tired of seeing Audinos >< Any tips on where to train?
i did most of my training at the sports stadiums over the past few days. just go around the whole map and make sure you don't miss any trainers. there really wasn't much of a grind.

vhfive

Does anyone else hate the elemental monkeys? Not only do they look stupid but it feels like every other trainer has either one or all three.

Mush

Timburr - #532 (Adamant)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 28 - 30
Def: 18 - 19
SpA: 10 - 11
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 30 - 31

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE GUTS :(

eek5

MatthewB92 said:
Can you!!! What do you want? I have some ferroseeds with both SR and spikes.
anything is fine

i'm assuming you want a male to breed more dark pulse? i have both male, female, and unhatched eggs

vhfive said:
Does anyone else hate the elemental monkeys? Not only do they look stupid but it feels like every other trainer has either one or all three.
When the lady gave me the fire one I only caught a glimpse of the name but I could have sworn it was 'Papsmear'. Turned out to be Pansear, but after that I couldn't unsee it and it ruined the whole lot of them for me.

Teknoman

Mush said:
I'm on your side here! Friendly fire! Friendly fire!

Im tempted to say something just to see how many variations of Vigoroth beating up people we can get.

vhfive said:

Simisage and Simisear look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom