• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
iirate said:
*thumbs up*

At least, as long as you're excepting HGSS from your critique.

You are, right?
When it comes down to it, nostalgia and a few really good improvements are what make HGSS much better/more memorable than the rest of Gen IV. Which, in hindsight, was pretty unremarkable. :/

Roto13

Ondore said:
Someone on GameFAQs got this attached to a Ditto they got off the GTS from Japan:
13004696661.jpg

Wow. Just... wow.
I find this hilarious. Like a monkey with one of those speech machines. "PRAY FOR MOJO"
Mr. Sam said:
A nice quote from the gamesTM review:

"[Emboar is] the series' first twin-type starter as he develops into a Fighting type."

Good to know fact-checking is alive and well.
Nevermind that the very first starter (numerically number 1, even) was Grass/Poison.

Hmm according to Bulbapedia a baby inherits half the IVs from one parent, and half from the other. That kind of sucks. What do I do if both parents have shit IVs?

survivor

Banned
Obsessed said:
Hmm according to Bulbapedia a baby inherits half the IVs from one parent, and half from the other. That kind of sucks. What do I do if both parents have shit IVs?
I'm sure you only inherit a max of 3 IVs from the parents. Unless they changed that

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Obsessed said:

From Smogon:

IV Inheritance

Unlike DPPt, each IV has an even chance of being passed down to the offspring (1 in 6 chance).

25% chance of inheriting 3 of Parent A's IVs and 0 of Parent B's IVs.
25% chance of inheriting 2 of Parent A's IVs and 1 of Parent B's IVs.
25% chance of inheriting 1 of Parent A's IVs and 2 of Parent B's IVs.
25% chance of inheriting 0 of Parent A's IVs and 3 of Parent B's IVs.

blamite

Magnus said:
As far as I'm concerned, this decimates every Pokemon battle theme of any kind, as catchy and memorable as some of them are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBShAZ5Q6Q4&feature=related

The tempo change midway solidifies its greatness. Great stuff.

I swear it almost sounds Shimomura-esque, a hint of Kingdom Hearts.

Also, ITT, everyone has different taste for battle themes, lol. :)
It's a good theme, but the slowdown at 1:08 ruins it for me.

blamite

Gravijah said:
THAT'S THE BEST PART!
The first time I heard that part while fighting Victini, it sounded so strange that I thought it was some dynamic element of the song that slowed down because Victini was paralyzed or something. Changing tempo is all well and good, but do it in a better place!
Plus it makes it harder for me to follow along with. >.>

Roto13

Magnus said:
As far as I'm concerned, this decimates every Pokemon battle theme of any kind, as catchy and memorable as some of them are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBShAZ5Q6Q4&feature=related

The tempo change midway solidifies its greatness. Great stuff.

I swear it almost sounds Shimomura-esque, a hint of Kingdom Hearts.

Also, ITT, everyone has different taste for battle themes, lol. :)
From the comments:

Anyone notice how the Pokedex Entry for Victini says something like "It stores up a lot of energy in its tiny body and then releases a huge surge of the energy. Whoever possesses it is said to always win"?

Well you find it in Liberty Garden, which is kinda like the Statue of Liberty (Castlena is like New York). Well what other tiny object has a lot of energy? Something to do with a certain "Manhattan" Project?"

Victini is a Nuclear Bomb Pokemon

mavrickindigo 5 days ago 40

People need to stop reading so far into this stuff.

EvilMario said:
From Smogon:

IV Inheritance

Unlike DPPt, each IV has an even chance of being passed down to the offspring (1 in 6 chance).

25% chance of inheriting 3 of Parent A's IVs and 0 of Parent B's IVs.
25% chance of inheriting 2 of Parent A's IVs and 1 of Parent B's IVs.
25% chance of inheriting 1 of Parent A's IVs and 2 of Parent B's IVs.
25% chance of inheriting 0 of Parent A's IVs and 3 of Parent B's IVs.

Oh good. So only a max of three from the parents. Good to know.

Sharing this with GAF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OfM-cN_CvQ&feature=related

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
When you catch Victini, the Grunt says
Living with Victini means accepting Victini's cruel destiny... Someday we will test you to see if you are truly ready for that.
. I'm very curious as to what that means.

EvilMario said:
When you catch Victini, the Grunt says
Living with Victini means accepting Victini's cruel destiny... Someday we will test you to see if you are truly ready for that.
. I'm very curious as to what that means.

Boom.

JVIDICAN

Raxus said:
Babysitting? I know my city is pretty barren, only 4 trainers so far :(
I think my city glitched. It had ten trainers along with the main building when I first arrived, but now the building's gone and the place is barren. :/

Teknoman

Roto13 said:
From the comments:

People need to stop reading so far into this stuff.

Its possible. I mean LG/FR had a double battle with Couple Louis and Hal.

Btw White version's dex entry for Heatmor = whoa.

survivor

Banned
JVIDICAN said:
I think my city glitched. It had ten trainers along with the main building when I first arrived, but now the building's gone and the place is barren. :/
Have you visited every day? Cause if you don't for some time then they will all leave.

Regulus Tera said:
Ash is still ten in Best Wishes!

They actually say this in the very first episode.

I meant the player characters. I know that Ash shall be forever young as status quo rules over every aspect of the show.

iirate said:
*thumbs up*

At least, as long as you're excepting HGSS from your critique.

You are, right?
Of course. I haven't played Black enough to make a judgement on it, but IMO HG/SS is the best in the series. Not suprising considering I think Gold/Silver had the biggest jump in quality of any of the games.

Wandering around the Abyssal ruins and reading the walls reminds me of RSE and the undersea cavern. I spent a day writing down all the braille and translating it, and felt so proud! I'd like to do the same for the Abyssal ruins, but Nintendo decided to use some weird symbols this time >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom