• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
vhfive said:
Does anyone else hate the elemental monkeys? Not only do they look stupid but it feels like every other trainer has either one or all three.

The evolved water one looks especially stupid. It's like the female lead singer of their monkey band. That is what they're supposed to be, right? Like some kind of monkey band? Like The Monkeys?

Oni Link 666 said:
The evolved water one looks especially stupid. It's like the female lead singer of their monkey band. That is what they're supposed to be, right? Like some kind of monkey band? Like The Monkeys?

I thought they were like a Yakuza thing, with the crazy hair and mannerisms. :p It's the soulless eyes of the pre-evolved versions that get me. They need some shine in there.

Izayoi

Banned
Belle is way taller than Ash in the anime.

I'll find a screenshot, but it's clear she's much older.

She also mentions that the reason she's older is because of her overprotective father who wouldn't let her go on an adventure at ten.

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
Belle is way taller than Ash in the anime.

I'll find a screenshot, but it's clear she's much older.

She also mentions that the reason she's older is because of her overprotective father who wouldn't let her go on an adventure at ten.

Is it ever mentioned in BW that kids go on journeys at a certain age? Hmm...

Gravijah

Mush said:
Looks like it's group hug time!

FVhTY.png

Gamefreak made translating those ruins as much of pain in the ass as possible. I pity those poor Japanese people that translated it first, as the only way would be brute force.

Gravijah

shiny golurk is amaaaaaaaaazing

i kinda hope GF redo the stats for some of the earlier Pokemon to make them not suck... sandslaaaaaaaaash. :(

Teknoman

I like Seismitoad, but what really sets it apart from Marshstomp or Quagsire aside from the poison touch and the fact that its another decent looking toad/frog?

Pre

My general philosophy in these games is that I don't particularly care what Pokemon are the strongest - I'll use the ones that I like and probably also suck.

I'm about to take on the Elite Four and I'm using this:

Serperior
Sawk
Zebstrika
Stoutland
Musharna
Simipour

My team has some glaring weakness against certain types, but I get more satisfaction out of playing with what I like. I want to replace Simipour, though.

Articalys

Today's Penny Arcade reveals the truth of what's usually going on with trainer battles during the first few hours of the game, which amounts to BEATING UP OTHER CHILDRENS' PETS AND STEALING THEIR LUNCH MONEY.

Idn1m.jpg

Incidentally, this is the first Pokemon game where you can have over a million dollars. I have something like $1600000 after selling off
all the relic items from the ruins

Wiseblade

I swear, we've been going through the same motions every day for the past week.

1) Gen III Love/Hate
2) Which starter is the best? (Answer: Empoleon.)
3) AWW YEAH I CAUGHT A SHINY/OH NO I JUST KILLED A SHINY/FU, IVE NEVER EVEN SEEN A SHINY
4) "Why is [insert legendary here] so hard to catch?"

Can't we find something new to argue about?

Dartastic

WHY IS CONKELDURR HOLDING TWO PILLARS IS IT BECAUSE HE'S OLD OR RETARDED OR BOTH

...also, how useful is Retaliate? Quick. I'm going with probably not that useful.

Gravijah

Green Scar said:
Weepinbell is the best/worst Pokemon. Pick a side bitches

Well, I have a shiny Weepinbell.

Dartastic said:
WHY IS CONKELDURR HOLDING TWO PILLARS IS IT BECAUSE HE'S OLD OR RETARDED OR BOTH

...also, how useful is Retaliate? Quick. I'm going with probably not that useful.

He broke one large ass pillar in half. Also, his species taught humans HOW TO MAKE CONCRETE!

Izayoi

Banned
Wiseblade said:
I swear, we've been going through the same motions every day for the past week.

1) Gen III Love/Hate
2) Which starter is the best? (Answer: Empoleon.)
3) AWW YEAH I CAUGHT A SHINY/OH NO I JUST KILLED A SHINY/FU, IVE NEVER EVEN SEEN A SHINY
4) "Why is [insert legendary here] so hard to catch?"

Can't we find something new to argue about?
Okay, how about we have the annual every-ten-pages post your favorite theme. This time, your favorite battle themes. Go.

For me, it's a tie between the Deoxys battle (holy fuuuuuck remakes when oh god) the Giratina battle the FRLG Champion remix and (BW Spoilers)
N Final
battle

Really though, there are so many good battle themes that it's fucking impossible to choose just one.

Wiseblade

Right now it feels almost criminal to pick any theme other than the Unova (still hate that name) Gym Leader theme simply becuase the last Pokémon music kicks things up to a new level.

Gravijah

I actually prefer the Unova Gym Leader theme without the last Pokemon part. I like it the first few times, but I just want to hear the awesome Gym Leader theme, damn it.

Did anyone enjoy that there were less caves to walk through the main story in B/W?
That was one of the biggest improvements for me, as much as I loved Sinnoh those damn caves were unbearable (combined with HM defog/wallclimb).

I also enjoyed that strength wasn't anymore messing around with boulders in all kinds of directions, but only to create a path or shortcut.

Izayoi

Banned
Wiseblade said:
Right now it feels almost criminal to pick any theme other than the Unova (still hate that name) Gym Leader theme simply becuase the last Pokémon music kicks things up to a new level.
I fucking love the Gym Leader desperation theme, but it's more of a sub-theme as opposed to an entire song. Still incredibly awesome. Nostalgia everywhere. That single snippet contained more nostalgia for me than all of HGSS.

Gravijah said:
I actually prefer the Unova Gym Leader theme without the last Pokemon part. I like it the first few times, but I just want to hear the awesome Gym Leader theme, damn it.
But it's so damn good. Adds so much to the battle. Hopefully it will mean a little more with rematches in Grey.

storafötter said:
Did anyone enjoy that there were less caves to walk through the main story in B/W?
That was one of the biggest improvements for me, as much as I loved Sinnoh those damn caves were unbearable (combined with HM fog/wallclimb).
Holy shit fuck Sinnoh as far as HM bullshit goes.

Defog? Really?. Fuck.

Wiseblade

Izayoi said:
I fucking love the Gym Leader desperation theme, but it's more of a sub-theme as opposed to an entire song. Still incredibly awesome. Nostalgia everywhere. That single snippet contained more nostalgia for me than all of HGSS.
It was so depressing when I found out the E4/Champion didn't use it and you can't rebattle gym leaders. But that's what Grey's for. Right?

Izayoi

Banned
vhfive said:
Am I the only person who plays this game (as well as all other DS games) with the sound off?
Yes, you goddamn heathen. You barely qualify as a person now.

Gravijah said:
Yup. Sinnoh had some of the best route/area music in the series. So laid back and relaxing.

Wiseblade said:
It was so depressing when I found out the E4/Champion didn't use it and you can't rebattle gym leaders. But that's what Grey's for. Right?
No doubt. I imagine we'll see tons of little changes like that with Grey.

vhfive said:
Am I the only person who plays this game (as well as all other DS games) with the sound off?
Always play the main story with sound on. After I've seen and heard everything sound goes off if I'm watching or listening to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom