• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
Yeah, super disappointed in the Champion theme this time around. A huge letdown when compared to the amazing Elite Four theme that comes right before it. Oh well, can't win 'em all I suppose.

Gravijah

Another thing I'm not particularly satisfied with are the route themes. Some of them are pretty amazing, though. The town themes are also really good. Driftveil and Opelucid (Black) especially.

Styles

I've encountered a wild pokemon which is of a higher level than the one I've been training post game. ; ;

Oh and :

k520q1.jpg

Wiseblade

Gravijah said:
Another thing I'm not particularly satisfied with are the route themes. Some of them are pretty amazing, though. The town themes are also really good. Driftveil and Opelucid (Black) especially.
I wasn't keen on a lot of the town music at first, but then I found out about the musicians.

sogood.gif

Wichu

ivysaur12 said:
Question: My school's internet has an open guest network, but when you use it you need to confirm that you abide by its AUP. Fine, whatever. But I think it's messing up when I try to connect my DS to it. Is there anyway around this?
I think you have to connect with an internet browser first (i.e. the DSi browser, or the standalone DS browser), and accept the agreement. Then it should remember the DS's MAC address so you can connect to it with another game. Keep in mind that if the school network blocks ports, you most likely won't be able to connect to Nintendo WFC anyway.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
Yeah. There are the exceptions like Route 10 and the post-game Routes, but most of the earlier ones aren't really much to write home about once you get over the dynamic music.

The cities, though.

The fucking cities.

Abylim

Just beat it, then re beat the E4. I think it's the best story thus far in a pokemon game!
I have pretty much every starter besides Totodile (sp) so if anyone wants to trade for one, let me know! I'm also after a Zoroa(sp) aswell. I can breed pretty much any starter including this gens.

All in all I'm quite impressed, clocked in at just over 80 hours, but I got a Hydreigon and Haxorus before I attempted the E4, I wish I had of known that there was a 50 Audino after I beat the game =\

Anywho, super impressed, I didnt love SS so much, but I instantly fell in love with Superior White.

The whole ending I felt was verrrry epic, made me feel for the first time like I was saving the world, pokemon style!

Articalys

Izayoi said:
Yeah. There are the exceptions like Route 10 and the post-game Routes, but most of the earlier ones aren't really much to write home about once you get over the dynamic music.

The cities
How many different tracks in the game have seasonal variations?

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:
How many different tracks in the game have seasonal variations?
None are as drastic as that, however all routes and many towns have seasonal differences in the music - for the most part it's small changes in tertiary instruments, namely bells, flute, drums, and guitar I think.

I have 2 male Dark Pulse Deino to trade. First come, first serve. I don't need anything in return (unless you have a Timid or Jolly Ditto).

Had to catch a Seviper on Emerald, transfer to Diamond and teach the TM for Dark Pulse, and transfer to Black and breed. Too much trouble. It irritated me to see that they were being offered earlier when I was already half finished. :/

EDIT: They're traded.

Zomba13

Gravijah said:
Man, why did stupid Dusclops get an evolution while Banette didn't? :(
I dunno, Why did Scyther get one and not Pinser?

Also, you know when you transer from Emerald to Pearl, you are supposed to lose the pokemon right?
Why do I have all my pokemon on both Emerald and Pearl? I did all that transferring stuff so long ago. I must've cloned my Emerald Pokes or something right?

Arren

UltimateIke said:
I have 2 male Dark Pulse Deino to trade. First come, first serve. I don't need anything in return (unless you have a Timid or Jolly Ditto).
Could I get one? I need to check whether I have a Timid/Jolly Ditto in SoulSilver, though.

UltimateIke said:

Had to catch a Seviper on Emerald, transfer to Diamond and teach the TM for Dark Pulse, and transfer to Black and breed. Too much trouble. It irritated me to see that they were being offered earlier when I was already half finished. :/
I'm making a load of those Deino. Only keeping modest ones too.

Murkas

Beat the 8th Gym leader, gonna go to the Victory road after catching Thunderus.

Any good tips on tracking him down? He doesn't flee the battle does he? I can't handle that shit!

Murkas said:
Beat the 8th Gym leader, gonna go to the Victory road after catching Thunderus.

Any good tips on tracking him down? He doesn't flee the battle does he? I can't handle that shit!
He does flee. I found a route I knew he would show up at and kept entering/leaving until the rain showed he was there. You can check the billboard, but I was lazy.

False Swipe him to 1 HP the first/second time you meet, Hypnosis/Spore/etc. the next time, Quick Ball every meeting after that.

I got a critical capture the first Quick Ball I threw at Tornadus. :3

Abylim

He does flee, check the bulletin boards between routes, it will tell you which route is having a thunderstorm. I used the master ball on him, but you could use MEan Look to keep him from fleeing, and treat him like a regular legendary

Arren

UltimateIke said:
Yeah. Don't worry too much if you don't have the Ditto.
Just checked my file and no trace whatsoever of a Ditto like that. :(

Are you looking for anything else in particular?

Murkas

UltimateIke said:
He does flee. I found a route I knew he would show up at and kept entering/leaving until the rain showed he was there. You can check the billboard, but I was lazy.

False Swipe him to 1 HP the first/second time you meet, Hypnosis/Spore/etc. the next time, Quick Ball every meeting after that.

I got a critical capture the first Quick Ball I threw at Tornadus. :3

Balls! When dealing with fleeing legendarys I always used Wobbufett but I can't get him yet :(

Thanks for the tips.

Arren

UltimateIke said:
Nah, I'm set on everything else. I'll see you in the Wi-Fi room.

FC: 0303 9099 2313
Having some connection issues, apparently. I can't see you in the room. I receive your response, but it fails soon after.

I'm exiting and re-entering now.

Got a Deino with 31 IV's in SpA!! 22 IV's in speed not bad. Also got one Deino with 30 or 31 IV's in speed that is modest. I plan on trading all them tomorrow. Got 13 Deino's to trade lol.

vall03 said:
am I the only one using the Masterball on all these roaming legendaries? I seriously find all of those methods tedious...
Most people probably do use their Master Balls on the roaming Pokemon.

I enjoy the hunt.

Murkas

vall03 said:
am I the only one using the Masterball on all these roaming legendaries? I seriously find all of those methods tedious...

I did but when the're 3 fleeing legendaries I just think fuck it I'll do it without the masterball.

Also just incase you see a shiny that can self-destruct or roar.

vall03

Murkas said:
I did but when the're 3 fleeing legendaries I just think fuck it I'll do it without the masterball.

Also just incase you see a shiny that can self-destruct or roar.
Never really hunted a legendary in G/S. First time I tried to "hunt" a roaming legendary was Latias in my Sapphire which ended in disaster and said to myself that Im not going to catch these roaming legendaries this way again.

Also, the reason I had multiple Masterballs was because of multiple playthroughs especially on my Diamond copy which I cant remember how many times I had to reset it for my sister and cousin, then add the one I got in my own copy of Pearl then also got 2 from HG/SS. Used my Masterball on Thundurus on my White then planning to get a Masterball again on my Black before my sister and cousin play it.

Got a question to breeders out there. If you have a male Pokemon with a certain TM they learn late, can you still inherit the TM if you breed with Ditto? or does it always have to be the same female specie.

Zomba13

Mt Heart Attack said:
Just beat the Elite Four and wtf at the post game.
How am I supposed to face those lv 65 trainers with my level 50 team? What should I do now?xD
They aren't too hard, as long as you use Super Effective moves on them. Sucks if you run into something that you're not good against. Mine are all 50-52 and I got my first loss against a trainer on route 11 -.-.

Mt Heart Attack said:
How am I supposed to face those lv 65 trainers with my level 50 team? What should I do now?xD

Do what I'm doing, train in Nimbasa Stadium and transfer over some higher level folks from DPPtHGSS as insurance.

Morokh

Mt Heart Attack said:

Be clever use effective moves only, and laugh at them hard ! ... real hard ! :D

spiritfox said:
Look at the bulletin board and go where there's a storm. For catching just put it to sleep and use quick balls.
Ah, I knew there had to be somewhere noting where the storm was.

Will ALL bulletin boards mention where the storm is?

Gravijah said:
Man, why did stupid Dusclops get an evolution while Banette didn't? :(
Gamefreak likes to mess up "pairs"

Gloom got a new evolution, Weepingbel did not
Scyther got a new evolution, Pinsir did not (we got Heracross which seems like a Pinsir evo. At first I thought he was)
Slowpoke got a new Evo, Seel did not
Magmar and Electabuzz got new evolutions, Jynx did not
Mantine got a pre-evo, Skarmory did not (he didn't need it anyway)
Gligar got an evolution, Deliberd did not
Dusclops got an evolution, Banette did not

We still have pairs like Donphan and Ursaring, and Mawile and Sableye. One of those will probably get evos in the next generation though :)

balladofwindfishes said:
Gamefreak likes to mess up "pairs"

Gloom got a new evolution, Weepingbel did not
Scyther got a new evolution, Pinsir did not (we got Heracross which seems like a Pinsir evo. At first I thought he was)
Slowpoke got a new Evo, Seel did not
Magmar and Electabuzz got new evolutions, Jynx did not
Mantine got a pre-evo, Skarmory did not (he didn't need it anyway)
Gligar got an evolution, Deliberd did not
Dusclops got an evolution, Banette did not

We still have pairs like Donphan and Ursaring, and Mawile and Sableye. One of those will probably get evos in the next generation though :)

by what metric are you pairing these pokemon? simply pokedex proximity? heck i wouldn't have ever put a connection between sycther and pinsir, or heck magmar,electabuzz and jynx only seem to have a connection to me because they all got pre evos gen II.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
He might be thinking about exclusive Pokemon to every version as well Magmar/Elect, Scyther/Pinsir. But he's wrong on Jynx. Mr. Mime is her partner.

Magnus

Ten (!) years ago, I always had a secret hope that the inevitable gen 3 was going to bring poor Jynx a new evolution that would make her beautiful, Hahahaha.

Roto13

Playing HeartGold to try to get an Aipom and I have a couple of questions about Headbutting trees. It looks like, once you find a tree with a Pokemon in it, you can headbutt it repeatedly and always find a Pokemon. So is it always the same Pokemon? I hit one tree like six times and found six Spearows but I'm not sure if that's because Aipoms are rare and I'm unlucky. Should I be trying different trees to find an Aipom or should I stick with this one and hope one pops out?
survivor said:
Have you visited every day? Cause if you don't for some time then they will all leave.
Oh, you're kidding? Ugh. I hate having to babysit games. That's why Animal Crossing drove me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom