• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

kodt said:
Total Pokemon noob here. I only played the original Pokemon Red back in the day.

Just a question I have out of curiosity, what exactly would be involved with catching all 646 pokemon?

Would you need to have played older GBA/DS versions and transfer them or can it all be done on Black/White?
It will take forever. I'm working on it and I'm at just over a hundred hours with 563 seen and 510 obtained and that's after transferring all of my Pokemon over from Pearl and HeartGold. (Though, I never completed the pokedexes in those two games and just caught everything I saw.) I wouldn't recommend trying it without at least playing HeartGold/SoulSilver. I'm told it's possible to complete the national dex using just DS games. (Though I'm ready if I need to use my copies of Emerald and Fire Red. :p)

Wichu

OMG Aero said:
You need to fight the wild Audino near Black City/White Forest.
I had a level 1 Pokemon with Lucky Egg and used Gigalith's explosion to kill the Audino so only the first Pokemon got the exp and it earned over 25,000 exp, enough to take it to level 25.

Someone should should hack the game to fight a level 100 wild Audino with a foreign level 1 Pokemon holding a Lucky Egg and with the exp bonus pass power active to see what is the max exp you can earn in a single fight.
Trainer battles give you 50% more Exp. than wild battles. Also, Blissey gives more Exp. than Audino. So to get the max Exp. possible in a single battle, you'd hack one of the in-game trainers to have Blissey. This would (according to my calculations) give a level 1 Pokémon 457,968 Exp. points, possibly making it grow all the way to level 87.

Also:
28a6npd.jpg

:'(

EDIT: Picture was already posted, but oh well. Emoticon still stands.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Roto13 said:
It will take forever. I'm working on it and I'm at just over a hundred hours with 563 seen and 510 obtained and that's after transferring all of my Pokemon over from Pearl and HeartGold. (Though, I never completed the pokedexes in those two games and just caught everything I saw.) I wouldn't recommend trying it without at least playing HeartGold/SoulSilver. I'm told it's possible to complete the national dex using just DS games. (Though I'm ready if I need to use my copies of Emerald and Fire Red. :p)

RSE are only really crucial for the Regi's and Deoxys, which aren't catchable in the Gen 4 games by default. (You can unlock the Regi's in Platinum but only with a special Japan-only Regigigas, and I think Deoxys might have been given out for Diamond/Pearl but only at a special Nintendo event tour thing.)

Although it seems like Deoxys isn't catchable without an event in Emerald anyways, so that's really the only missing link pre-B/W. Hopefully they'll do a Wi-Fi event for him like they did last year for Jirachi and Mew.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Roto13 said:
Playing HeartGold to try to get an Aipom and I have a couple of questions about Headbutting trees. It looks like, once you find a tree with a Pokemon in it, you can headbutt it repeatedly and always find a Pokemon. So is it always the same Pokemon? I hit one tree like six times and found six Spearows but I'm not sure if that's because Aipoms are rare and I'm unlucky. Should I be trying different trees to find an Aipom or should I stick with this one and hope one pops out?

It's always fixed to that one Pokemon. So if you don't get what you want, just move on to another tree.

btkadams

I need a huge favour. Does anyone still have a Kyogre on their HeartGold/SoulSilver game copy that they could trade to me *temporarily* so that I could use it to obtain Rayquaza?

OMG Aero

Andrex said:
RSE are only really crucial for the Regi's and Deoxys, which aren't catchable in the Gen 4 games by default. (You can unlock the Regi's in Platinum but only with a special Japan-only Regigigas, and I think Deoxys might have been given out for Diamond/Pearl but only at a special Nintendo event tour thing.)

Although it seems like Deoxys isn't catchable without an event in Emerald anyways, so that's really the only missing link pre-B/W. Hopefully they'll do a Wi-Fi event for him like they did last year for Jirachi and Mew.
The special Regigigas was given away as an event in the UK too, and Deoxys was in America at least. You could also get Deoxys from one of the Ranger games.

Roto13

Andrex said:
It's always fixed to that one Pokemon. So if you don't get what you want, just move on to another tree.
Blurgh. Headbutting takes too long.

EDIT: I post that and the very next tree I hit has the Pokemon I'm looking for. :p

EDIT 2: Well that's INTERESTING because the Pineco I was after died and the next time I hit the tree, a Hoothoot popped out.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Roto13 said:
Blurgh. Headbutting takes too long.

EDIT: I post that and the very next tree I hit has the Pokemon I'm looking for. :p

EDIT 2: Well that's INTERESTING because the Pineco I was after died and the next time I hit the tree, a Hoothoot popped out.

Hrm, maybe it's a set group of Pokemon per tree. I was told it was fixed to one Pokemon.

Best battle theme you say?

Mewtwo Battle from Pokemon Stadium. From 1:50 onwards it's one of my favourite Pokemon musical pieces. Both those games had amazing battle themes.

jman2050

Android18a said:
Mewtwo Battle from Pokemon Stadium. From 1:50 onwards it's one of my favourite Pokemon musical pieces. Both those games had amazing battle themes.

Mewtwo is still the best legendary. All the others are either these mythical-looking superbeasts that just seem to be going about their business or magical cutesy fairy creatures with big eyes and smiles.

You look at Mewtwo and you know he can just tear shit up at moment's notice without even moving a finger.

zoukka

jman2050 said:
Mewtwo is still the best legendary. All the others are either these mythical-looking superbeasts that just seem to be going about their business or magical cutesy fairy creatures with big eyes and smiles.

You look at Mewtwo and you know he can just tear shit up at moment's notice without even moving a finger.

Actually when I first saw Mewtwo, I hadn't even heard about it. It was a wtf experience really, because I had no background info on it so I thought it was some kind of twisted fetus alien :D

RedBlueMewtwo.png

Still remember using Parasects spore to lull it to sleep and finally catched the mofo.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
jman2050 said:

I think I read once that there was talk about having Lucario be a legendary, sort of a reverse to Mewtwo

Andrex said:

GameStop in the U.S. gave away Deoxys a few years ago. It's where I got mine.

kodt said:
Total Pokemon noob here. I only played the original Pokemon Red back in the day.

Just a question I have out of curiosity, what exactly would be involved with catching all 646 pokemon?

Would you need to have played older GBA/DS versions and transfer them or can it all be done on Black/White?
It took me multiple playthroughs of Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl, Black, and Pokemon Colosseum to catch most of everything. Even then there were many trades that had to be done.

There are probably more efficient ways to do it nowadays. I did it as the games came out. :/

Does anyone have an available Karrablast up for a trade? I need to evolve a Shelmet since the first one I evolved has the wrong nature.

My FC: 0819 3372 0787

GaimeGuy

There are so many great new ghost, dark, and fighting types in gen 5. Then bug, rock, and ground.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Wait...did people have trouble with the Ghestis fight? I beat him on my second try with only like...two Hyper Potions. I thought both he and N were significantly less difficult then previous generations.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
GaimeGuy said:
There are so many great new ghost, dark, and fighting types in gen 5. Then bug, rock, and ground.

Not enough great flying ones. :( Although I should be happy with Tornadus and Braviary...

Morokh

Damn ! I forgot how awesome my Umbreon is :D it just made me won my first random battle online

197.png

¤¤ Umbreon@ Leftovers ¤¤

Sassy - 252 HP / 200 Atk / 56 SpéDef

IV 26 / 31 / 31 / 24 / 31 / 2

[Curser / Mixed Wall]

Curse | Wish | Payback | Protect

As long as you avoid putting it in front of a big sweeper, you can easily build up Curse while doing some careful planning with Wish / Protect.
After some curse are piled-up you can just sweep like crazy what you want with payback.
Be careful if you encounter PPwasters or pokemons that can lock your abilities, but otherwise works really well :p

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
Not enough great flying ones. :( Although I should be happy with Tornadus and Braviary...
Dude, you got STARAPTOR last gen. Not to mention the unthinkable happened with Tornadus. Now all you need is a Fighting/Flying. That typing would be so broken.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wiseblade said:
Dude, you got STARAPTOR last gen. Not to mention the unthinkable happened with Tornadus. Now all you need is a Fighting/Flying. That typing would be so broken.

Farfetch'd evolution. BELIEVE

Jinko

Andrex said:

You can get them here http://gts1.ceolbox.net/pkm

Raxus

Wiseblade said:
I am still confused how Landorus is ground AND flying. WHAT IS GOING ON!

DMG-01

Wiseblade said:
Staraptor got robbed. :(

Wiseblade

Raxus said:
Gligar and Gliscor say hi.

And Staraptor would be BROKEN if he was part fighting. STAB Clost Combat and Brave Bird off 120 attack + reckless? He'd be unstoppable.

Raxus said:
Makes as much sense as Normal/Psychic, Normal/Fighting, Normal/Water, or Normal/Grass. Normal shouldn't be combined with anything past Flying.

GaimeGuy

Wiseblade said:
Not bad.

super effective + STAB against Normal, ice, rock, dark, steel, grass, fighting, and bug.
weak to: Flying, psychic, electric, ice
immune to ground
Resists Dark, fighting, and grass
super resistant to bug type.

Starraptor would be ungodly...

Wiseblade

GaimeGuy said:
Not bad.

super effective + STAB against Normal, ice, rock, dark, steel, grass, fighting, and bug.
weak to: Flying, psychic, electric, ice
immune to ground
Resists Dark, fighting, and grass
super resistant to bug type.

Starraptor would be ungodly...
All the types that resist Flying are weak to fighting and all the types that resist Fighting are neutral to flying or worse. God help us all if it were to learn a Fire move.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
All the types that resist Flying are weak to fighting and all the types that resist Fighting are neutral to flying or worse. God help us all if it were to learn a Fire move.

When that day comes, I'll be there.
Cool01.gif

Raxus

Almost have all the legendaries in my box. I can't wait to be done with them and never use them again.

Jinko, check your PM's.

Wiseblade

Raxus said:
Almost have all the legendaries in my box. I can't wait to be done with them and never use them again.

Jinko, check your PM's.

I feel really guilty doing this. Especially since there's no chance of breeding a usable one eventually like the is with normal pokes. But now don't have an unlimited supply of masterballs SRing them would be impractical...

tim1138

Is there a good place to train for the E4? I was able to beat 2 of them, but was just too underleveled to plow through the other 2.

Pre

The_Technomancer said:
Wait...did people have trouble with the Ghestis fight? I beat him on my second try with only like...two Hyper Potions. I thought both he and N were significantly less difficult then previous generations.

I thought the Elite Four was much, much harder than either Ghestis or N.

Azure J

The_Technomancer said:

Thing is Ghetis is OK, except for Hydregion, a.k.a "that one Pokemon". It was so fucking fast and handed out OHKO's on pretty much every 'mon I had, Reshirom included.

Roto13

This guide says there's a 20% chance of running into a Steelix on the first floor of Mt. Silver in HeartGold.

This guide is a lying whore.

Does anyone know how to get the Nintendo Wifi USB Connector working on Windows 7? I managed to install the drivers but it shut down my internet and I had to uninstall the drivers and then reboot before I got my internet working again.

upandaway

The thing that makes you use items in online battles... not the best addition.

I like the idea, but it's just too easy to stock up on points. Two or three points per battle, would make them really fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom