• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Roto13 said:
This guide says there's a 20% chance of running into a Steelix on the first floor of Mt. Silver in HeartGold.

This guide is a lying whore.

You didn't trade with Jasmine?

Green Scar said:
Do what I'm doing, train in Nimbasa Stadium
I did that and grinded for a while in the grass after the bridge with the
disappearing girl (what was that about?**).

Now my team (Emboar lvl 61, Reuniclus lvl 60, Seismitoad lvl 60, Vanilluxe lvl 60, Zekrom lvl 60, Eelektross lvl 53) is ready to kick some ass in the post game as well^^

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Everybody keeps talking about this bridge girl... where is she? I've never encountered her...

jman2050

Andrex said:
If we're not including the HG/SS remixes I might just have to agree with you there.

I lump the HG/SS remixes with their original compositions because, let's face it, they're still the same songs.

So yeah I'd place GSC/its remake as the best and then this one.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
It's good, but I prefer the past credits themes. Doesn't hold a candle to them. :(

Need something like this!

Were you the one who wants only "mellow" ending songs? Pfft, you have bad taste in Pokemusic.

:p

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Were you the one who wants only "mellow" ending songs? Pfft, you have bad taste in Pokemusic.

:p

Well, not only... but I do prefer it! It fits journeys end better. :( RBY and GSC are strong and not mellow and I prefer them, too. And the second half of DPPt isn't too mellow, though the beginning is.

Speaking of, the best part of GSC credits is The End. CANNOT BE STATED ENOUGH!

The credits roll in Black/White were fantastic just because of the way it cuts so unexpectedly to the title card. Took me by surprise, in a fantastic way.

Roto13

^^ Nope. There are no new evolutions in Black/White, probably because they wanted to use all new Pokemon for the Unova Pokedex.

Anyone want to help me trade-evolve my Scyther?

Wiseblade

Gen 5 has the best hall of fame music by a mile. The actual animations are great too.

Gravijah said:
Like Pinsir -> Heracross in GSC, Alomomola is a secret evolution of Luvdisc.
Why did people think this? They're less alike than remoraid and octillery. It just reminds me of all the people who thought Hitmonchan would evolve into Hitmonlee.

Morokh

is there no 6vs6 pokemon fighting mode in the game ?

every video I saw in the VS recorder was 3vs3 or double / triple battles :eek:

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wichu said:
Trainer battles give you 50% more Exp. than wild battles. Also, Blissey gives more Exp. than Audino. So to get the max Exp. possible in a single battle, you'd hack one of the in-game trainers to have Blissey. This would (according to my calculations) give a level 1 Pokémon 457,968 Exp. points, possibly making it grow all the way to level 87.

Also:
28a6npd.jpg

:'(

EDIT: Picture was already posted, but oh well. Emoticon still stands.

If Gen three remakes have secret base fights that give exp....

Wiseblade

beje said:
Is it worth to invest on Speed EVs for Druddigon? Or should I better use them on extra Def and SpD?
It's probably best to not use Druddigon.

But seriously, even at max speed, he going last everytime. You better off focusing on his defenses and using sucker punch for priority.

Cranzor

Would it be a good idea to switch out Krokorok with Confagrigus? I need someone to replace him just because Krokorok's HP is too low and he seemed to get slaughtered with one hit every battle.

Red

Cranzor said:
Would it be a good idea to switch out Krokorok with Confagrigus? I need someone to replace him just because Krokorok's HP is too low and he seemed to get slaughtered with one hit every battle.
Evolve him, Krookodile is much better.

Wiseblade said:
It's probably best to not use Druddigon.

But seriously, even at max speed, he going last everytime. You better off focusing on his defenses and using sucker punch for priority.

You can use a Druddigon if you want! Dragons have a good number of resistances and at 90 base for both defense stats, it's decent at taking hits (although I wouldn't necessarily call it a wall) Anyway, no, don't bother with speed EVs. It IS super slow...I plan on having

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin

Sucker Punch
Aerial Ace/Revenge
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Aerial Ace if you care about type coverage, revenge if you want to..."take advantage" of it being slow

I have a question concerning the Eviolite stone. I noticed Golbat could become a very decent Flying pokemon with Eviolite. So if I understand it correctly it boosts both defenses by 50%?
So his current defense stats becomes doubled?

Gravijah

storafötter said:
I noticed Golbat could become a very decent Flying pokemon with Evolite. So if I understand it correctly it boosts both defenses by 50%?
So his current defense stats becomes doubled?

Take 50% of his defenses and add it onto the total. Not double.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom