• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
Woah, just had my first "sure shot" catch just now. Threw an Ultra Ball (but it sounded like a missle), did an extra little thing in midair, shook once, and that was it. Pretty neat.

In completely related news, would anyone like to trade a Rufflet for a Vullaby? My FC is #41 on the master list.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hrm if I buy Black then I could just reset it over and over for basically unlimited items and in-game legendaries... could help me get a leg up on the rest of you...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Busaiku said:
Apparently the best way to get a good nature is to save in the house right when the old lady first calls you for soup, and track it from there.
Such a shame I didn't know of this before...

I figured that was an option but for most of us they're already roaming before we bother finding any of that out. I'll keep that in mind, though.

zumphry

Banned
Know I'm lagging behind everyone since I still haven't beaten the E4 yet once, but jeeze is grinding so much easier in B/W than before. I was bitching before about encounter rate but having it be so high is a godsend when trying to build a team up. Having everyone at lvl 50 should good for the E4+champion, I hope.

Wiseblade

EvilMario said:
The game will not summon Pokemon because of a weakness on your team. Battle Tower/Subway plays a lot of dirty tricks, but the Pokemon are chosen at random depending on what stage of the subway you're on.

It is good to cover your weaknesses though. Go through a list of Pokemon (at least every type), and try to figure out what you'll do in every circumstance. ie; if Mamoswine is out against your Haxorus, what will you switch to? There's a lot more to it in Battle Tower though if you want to be really successful, but a lot of that involves raising Pokemon that you wouldn't use competitively otherwise. :p
Seriously? I could have sworn the game favours types that have advantages over your team.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's so tempting to replace my Chandelure for Volcarona, but I don't know if using Exp. Share on Larvesta would fuck up its EVs or whatever.

Delio

You know i'm tempted to just Masterball Terrakion till i get the one i want. I'm not using it for much of anything else anyways.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
Seriously? I could have sworn the game favours types that have advantages over your team.

Naw, I never got that impression. Worst comes to worst for the AI, they'll crit you every move.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Maybe it's changed? If so, that's pretty funny. In my limited few hours on the Battle Subway Singles and Super Singles, I haven't noticed it trying to pick apart any common weakness. I guess I should experiment with something like all Fire-weak team and see what happens.

edit: Like Andrex said, Battle Tower as always been knowing for screwing the player over in terms of odds and percentages. Scope Lens for AI in Battle Tower is more like a 50% chance of critical, and God help you if the AI starts spamming OHKO moves and Double Team.

Wiseblade

Maybe I'm just paranoid since my Rain Dance Azelf seems to get Night-Slashed every single battle. >.<

Regulus Tera said:
It's so tempting to replace my Chandelure for Volcarona, but I don't know if using Exp. Share on Larvesta would fuck up its EVs or whatever.
Yes, it will. you could always EV train Larvesta, then throw an Exp share on it.

Questions:

1. Power items. According to Bulbapedia they give the holder 4 EV's in the corresponding stat after a battle even if the Pokemon did not participate in the battle. Is that even true? I can probably test it since I'd see a stat increase after just one use, but that seems really odd.

2. Battle Subway teams. I was thinking of a mini Sandstorm team. Tyranitar (breeding for a good one for Super), Excadrill, and something else. Any suggestions?

Obsessed said:
1. Power items. According to Bulbapedia they give the holder 4 EV's in the corresponding stat after a battle even if the Pokemon did not participate in the battle. Is that even true? I can probably test it since I'd see a stat increase after just one use, but that seems really odd.
The Pokémon with the item only gets EVs if they participate in the battle.

That is, if they get experience, then they've participated.

Wiseblade said:
Yo, who was it asking for a Jolly Ditto? I happen to have a spare.
Do you happen to still have this Ditto? I was asking for a Jolly or Timid Ditto a few pages ago. I would love to trade something for it!

Gravijah

Regulus Tera said:

Postgame stuff:
There's a level 70 wild Volcarona that you can get, so you don't have to level him really.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Wiseblade said:
Maybe I'm just paranoid since my Rain Dance Azelf seems to get Night-Slashed every single battle. >.<

Yes, it will. you could always EV train Larvesta, then throw an Exp share on it.

Well poppie cock.

Gravijah said:
Postgame stuff:
There's a level 70 wild Volcarona that you can get, so you don't have to level him really.

But it's not the same. :(

Delio

Terakion - #639 (Jolly)
HP: 18 - 19
Att: 30
Def: 14 - 15
SpA: 24 - 25
SpD: 22 - 23
Speed: 6 - 7

Argggg so close. *shakes fist at Speed IV*

Quick question...

I've tried to keep up with the thread, but I usually end up four or five pages behind because it all moves so fast. I've read in this thread that the pokemon you transfer from your earlier gens can't be sent back. Could this change with the grey version or are all pokemon locked into gen five and beyond once they get traded?

thanks

Gravijah

SolarPowered said:
Quick question...

I've tried to keep up with the thread, but I usually end up four or five pages behind because it all moves so fast. I've read in this thread that the pokemon you transfer from your earlier gens can't be sent back. Could this change with the grey version or are all pokemon locked into gen five and beyond once they get traded?

thanks

They're stuck in Gen V+. This won't ever change.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
For the Poke Transfer, you have to transfer exactly six Pokemon every time? Because otherwise I don't see a "confirm" button...

KarmaCow

Asked about this earlier, but what happens to the Black City/White Forest if I don't have anyone locally to trade with? From what I understand, eventually the locations will be devoid of trainers and items, but I'm honestly confused about this. Would it be better to get the Black version because I could potentially always buy items, or do they not matter in the long run?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:

That is so dumb.
laugh.gif

Busaiku

KarmaCow said:
Asked about this earlier, but what happens to the Black City/White Forest if I don't have anyone locally to trade with? From what I understand, eventually the locations will be devoid of trainers and items, but I'm honestly confused about this. Would it be better to get the Black version because I could potentially always buy items, or do they not matter in the long run?
If you keep going there everyday and battling all the trainers you have, they won't leave.
But it'll be the same trainers, and I'm not sure about the items (haven't bought any yet).

KarmaCow said:
If you have no one to play locally with to change the stuff you are stuck with it. Not bad for me. Only stone my store in black city doesn't have it a fire stone.

Roto13

The only stone in my store is an Oval Stone. So I can raise a Happiny into a Chansey as often as I want and that's it. >_>
Obsessed said:
Does anyone know what the going rate for a Mudkip is? I think I want to raise a Swampert, but I'm not sure I have much to offer.
I can give you a Mudkip tomorrow if you don't have one by then. I'd do it now but I'd have to breed it and I need to go to bed.

KarmaCow

MatthewB92 said:
If you have no one to play locally with to change the stuff you are stuck with it. Not bad for me. Only stone my store in black city doesn't have it a fire stone.

Busaiku said:
If you keep going there everyday and battling all the trainers you have, they won't leave.
But it'll be the same trainers, and I'm not sure about the items (haven't bought any yet).

Alright thanks. You can trade items right? If so I'll pick up White.

ryan-ts

AniHawk said:
gotta save something for grey.

Okay there smart ass. I am sick and tired of this bs from people like you, thats just ignorant. The correct spelling is gray not grey. Pokemon Gray, get it right or get out of this thread.

Gravijah said:
it's a scientific fact that grey > grey
My head hurts.

edit: You're going to look so dumb when Pokemon Gray comes out.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ryan-ts said:
Okay there smart ass. I am sick and tired of this bs from people like you, thats just ignorant. The correct spelling is gray not grey. Pokemon Gray, get it right or get out of this thread.

++

Gravijah said:
it's a scientific fact that grey > grey

It's a scientific fact that Gen 3 sucks.

lol.

Roto13 said:
I can give you a Mudkip tomorrow if you don't have one by then. I'd do it now but I'd have to breed it and I need to go to bed.

Thank you. Hopefully I can either get my parents to change the network security, or get my Wifi USB Connector working.

All this gray talk just made me go back and check my last post to see if I spelled it wrong haha.
Gravijah said:
They're stuck in Gen V+. This won't ever change.
That sucks, but I guess it's to be expected. A brand new set of pokemon and a new beginning makes it appropriate I guess. Getting all those power items again is going to get really annoying really fast.

I guess there is no reason to keep my oldies in SS and platinum then?

Christine

Obsessed said:
PS. Gen III rules

shameless brown nosing

I spent like $30 on a used copy of Leaf Green this week. I'd only ever played Gen I before B/W, so it's a nostalgia overload. I figure I'll beat it, then get a Gen IV game to bootstrap my Sassy Pikachu into Black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom