• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
I don't think the mall tour even came around here.
Was kicking myself when I went to a Call of Legends pre-release and was told that it had passed through town just a few days before.

Fuck.

Stubo

Izayoi said:
Have you visited Route 17/18 yet?

How about the Dream Yard and Relic Castle?

Also, always use Mawile. Always.
I'll have to check these places out, thanks! Why the Mawile love?
Gravijah said:
Lucky Egg + high level Audino up some of your people. I'd probably switch out Simisear, Leavanny and Swanna, too.
High level Audino? Mine's level 15 :( I have the lucky egg, been using amulet coin to make sure I always had enough spare money for items (I'm stocked on water/lemonade/200hp potions now though)

I was under the impression that you were given Pansear as it worked well to combat your starter's weakness, but I've been using X-Scissor for that on Samurott anyway...Leavanny I have to beat water types. I've been relying on these much less than I expected since my starter is so over-levelled in comparison. Swanna seemed a better choice than my other flying pokémon in the box (Lower level Unfezant and other smaller flying types I'm not even sure can learn fly). Would Fearow be a better choice?

Gravijah

Stubo said:

High level Audino? Mine's level 15 :( I have the lucky egg, been using amulet coin to make sure I always had enough spare money for items (I'm stocked on water/lemonade/200hp potions now though)

I was under the impression that you were given Pansear as it worked well to combat your starter's weakness, but I've been using X-Scissor for that on Samurott anyway...Leavanny I have to beat water types. I've been relying on these much less than I expected since my starter is so over-levelled in comparison. Swanna seemed a better choice than my other flying pokémon in the box (Lower level Unfezant and other smaller flying types I'm not even sure can learn fly). Would Fearow be a better choice?

No no no. Audino give the most experience out of anything in the game and can be found on any route. They pop up in the shaking patches, just go back and forth near a patch of grass (not inside of it) until one pops up. Other rare Pokemon can pop up there, too.

Stubo

Gravijah said:
No no no. Audino give the most experience out of anything in the game and can be found on any route. They pop up in the shaking patches, just go back and forth near a patch of grass (not inside of it) until one pops up. Other rare Pokemon can pop up there, too.
Ohhh I see, yay for massive xp battles, reminds me of the metal slimes in Dragon Quest IX!

Izayoi

Banned
Stubo said:
My favorite Pokemon - don't read too far into it.

Stubo said:
Did you not pick the bird fossil? Archeops is one of the best Flying types ever - full stop.

Otherwise Braviary isn't a bad choice as far as native Flying types go.

Stubo said:
Ohhh I see, yay for massive xp battles, reminds me of the metal slimes in Dragon Quest IX!
Pretty much the same thing, except far less annoying to exploit.

Also, fuck it. I'm tired of trying to find high quality battle themes on YouTube. Starting from square one and uploading everything from the first game on.

JVIDICAN

Stubo said:

Here's what you do man. You get yourself a Scrafty. ;)
Your team seems kinda water heavy. Switch out some of those. I'd replace flame monkey with Superior flame monkey(darmanitan) or just have Reshiram take care take care of fire.
other than that, maybe try reuniclus?

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
Already got a guide and a Zekrom and Reishram statue from the mall tour.

SUCK IT

The last thing was a lie, I wish I had them but I missed the mall tour. :(

Black and White should have shipped with figurines like HG/SS did.

Those could have been mine... The only gaming related things I have (besides the games themselves) are a Mario club hat, animal crossing playing cards, an AiAi figurine, and a Sackboy doll my mother made for me.

Also, always use Mawile. Always.
Is Mawile good?

And is Sableye bad?

Stubo

Izayoi said:
Did you not pick the bird fossil? Archeops is one of the best Flying types ever - full stop.
Ah, no, I have Tirtouga...I'm assuming it would be a good idea to level this too at some point, so much to do in this game!

Gravijah

D-Pad said:
Black and White should have shipped with figurines like HG/SS did.

Those could have been mine... The only gaming related things I have (besides the games themselves) are a Mario club hat, animal crossing playing cards, an AiAi figurine, and a Sackboy doll my mother made for me.

I picked up SS without the figure, and then a few days later, they put out the versions with the figures. So pissed.

D-Pad

Someone please post that awesome Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald art piece... The one with May and Brendan and Rayquaza... I need a cool picture or something for my video. :<

I can't find a hi-res version of it on Google...

Edit - Google did show me a picture with Rayquaza and Dragonair... Doing... Stuff... Very one sided there... Bad, Rayquaza, bad.

First time I ran into the shaking grass...out popped another Panpour. Cool rare and yet...straight to the GTS it goes.

Well, I guess Ice isn't that useful. But the Ice Cream pokemon is just programming me to use every time. And then eat some real ice cream. Damn Vanilluxe.

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
Is Mawile good?

And is Sableye bad?
Neither are great as far as combat usefulness goes.

Gravijah said:
I picked up SS without the figure, and then a few days later, they put out the versions with the figures. So pissed.
D-Pad said:
lol, same here. Day one buyers got fucked. :<
Still salty about that. Fucking Gamestop is useless.

D-Pad said:
Someone please post that awesome Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald art piece... The one with May and Brendan and Rayquaza... I need a cool picture or something for my video. :<
Okay, so that's only like half of all the Generation III fanart ever. Anything else to narrow it down a little further? I've got an assload of art (literally, like gigs and gigs of it) so chances are very high that I have it somewhere, I just need to know where to start looking.

_woLf

thank you GAF, because of this thread Audinos aren't completely annoying and pointless anymore.

I never noticed the whole XP thing until now. >_>

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
Ran an image search on my folders - got nothing. TinEye also turned up nothing usable, unfortunately. Sorry dude. Sugimori art is a real pain in the ass to find, especially good quality stuff. It's kind of a shame, really.

Thanks anyway. I SWEAR I grabbed that shit though when I seen it posted before... Let me look in my backup drive again. Thanks again.

Do you have a higher rez version of this by any chance?

http://images.wikia.com/pokemon/images/d/dd/Hoenn_E.jpg

Delio

Hmm no good Terrakion yet since my interesting 31 Defense one. Almost ready to call it a night and start up again tommorow.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I have a feeling Cofagrigus is going to find its way onto a lot of teams. It's a very tricky pokemon... and annoying. But it has a lot of potentially awesome movesets.

Here's the moveset I have on mine right now (just evolved):
Curse
Hex
Will-O-Wisp
Ominous Wind.

Had a few ideas in my mind, all involving a calm nature:

Mean Look
Toxic
Shadow Ball/Hex
Hidden Power (Fighting)

Mean Look
Toxic
Power Split
Hex

Mean Look
Toxic
Hex
Hidden Power (Fighting)

Toxic
Hex
hidden power (fighting)
Shadow Ball

Power Split
Trick Room
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power (Fighting)

Trick Room
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power (Fighting)
Nasty Plot

Power Split
Nasty Plot
Hidden Power (Fighting)
Shadow Ball

Mean Look
Toxic
Protect
Power Split (Can be used to weaken the attack power of the opponent)

I'm not sure about the need for Power Split in some of these, because Cofagrigus already has ridiculous Defense and great special defense, and it has good Special Attack. Power Split could definitely act as a debuff for opposing sweepers though. Trick Room + Power Split can, in the right condiitons, almost turn Cofagrigus into a pseudo-legendary.

God help us all if they give Cofagrigus a healing move in Grey or any future generation, haha.

Delio

GaimeGuy said:
I have a feeling Cofagrigus is going to find its way onto a lot of teams. It's a very tricky pokemon... and annoying. But it has a lot of potentially awesome movesets.

God help us all if they give Cofagrigus a healing move in Grey or any future generation, haha.

Yeah i plan on using one of these buggers in a team. I loved it the moment they revealed it :)

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
Thanks anyway. I SWEAR I grabbed that shit though when I seen it posted before... Let me look in my backup drive again. Thanks again.

Do you have a higher rez version of this by any chance?

http://images.wikia.com/pokemon/images/d/dd/Hoenn_E.jpg
Well, I've got this, I guess. It's pretty terrible but I'm sure a little Photoshop work could make it at least kind of presentable.

HTw8Q.jpg

Also, I have to fucking learn Audacity now because apparently the audio editing features of Windows Movie Maker aren't amazing. Go figure.

yeb

JVIDICAN said:
Shiny! Shiny! Shiny!!! I Just hatched a shiny snivy! :'D
I'm trying to check its IVs with the IV calculator on serebii, is there anything more accurate?
This is what i'm getting: http://j.mp/hEnJso
I've only seen one shiny ever, and I wasn't able to catch it. :(

Best IV calculator:
http://metalkid.info.microsoft2008hosting.com/Pokemon/Calculators/IVs.aspx

Best way to use it:
Head to Nimbasa City, and into the building just left of the pokecenter. The battles there will automatically level your pokemon to level 50, so you can check the stats in battle and get pretty accurate IVs.

Izayoi

Banned
Ugh, 30 minutes of work to get one looping battle theme.

Looks like I've got a long haul ahead.

Also whoever the fuck thought it would be a good fucking idea to record Pokemon sounds ALONG WITH THE THEMES needs to be punched right in the fucking face. It almost might be easier to just re-record the soundtrack myself. Good riddance.

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
Ugh, 30 minutes of work to get one looping battle theme.

Looks like I've got a long haul ahead.

Also whoever the fuck thought it would be a good fucking idea to record Pokemon sounds ALONG WITH THE THEMES needs to be punched right in the fucking face. It almost might be easier to just re-record the soundtrack myself. Good riddance.

I just listen to the 2SF versions, but it's annoying to actually do anything with them or listen to them anywhere else.

"Like its previous stage, Parasect is an insectoid creature. However, in this stage, the mushroom has completely overtaken the host's body. The insect has been drained of nutrients and is now under the control of the fully grown tochukaso. "

You know, I never realized that. That's kind of a fucked up evolution.

Resilient

This is the greatest game ever created and I can't wait to finish it. Dear lord. Lordy-lordy-lord. I feel like I'm 12 years old again, fuck yeah.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
I just listen to the 2SF versions, but it's annoying to actually do anything with them or listen to them anywhere else.
Is there an easy way to convert them to .wav files? I've been searching and I can't find anything other than playing it back in Winamp and then capturing my sound card output, which is kind of a pain in the ass but if it's the only way to do it then I'm thinking that I might as well because fuck trying to work around THESE STUPID FUCKING POKEMON SOUNDS SERIOUSLY I'VE NEVER HATED THESE ASSHOLES MORE THAN I DO NOW.

vall03

bought a new charger for my sisters DS Phat and started trading stuff from my Black and transfered some Pokemon from my Soul Silver and I cant believe how fast trading is here thanks to the C-Gear! Poke Transfer is tedious though...

Also, can anyone explain to me the Entralink? You go on missions on the other players world but aside from the mini-missions and bonuses whats the point?

OMG Aero

Looks like we are going to have to wait even longer for Dream World.
The Pokemon Global Link was scheduled to launch on March 30, 2011. As a result of the earthquake in Japan and the need to conserve energy resources, the launch date has been temporarily delayed. When a new launch date is determined, it will be published here on the Pokemon Global Link. We apologize sincerely for any inconvenience caused by this delay.
http://www.pokemon-gl.com/pre/en.html

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Ive just defeated the 7th gym, and my team seems a little lackluster. anyone willing to help with some tips?

Lvl 43 galvantula
Lvl 43 simisage
Lvl 44 scrafty
Lvl 43 samurott
Lvl 32 golett
Lvl 45 darmanitan

Any help would be appreciated

Izayoi

Banned
Fuck yes I figured it out.

Man, the Generation I stuff doesn't sound quite as good as I remember it sounding. Champion theme is still great, though.

Parallax said:
Ive just defeated the 7th gym, and my team seems a little lackluster. anyone willing to help with some tips?

Lvl 43 galvantula
Lvl 43 simisage
Lvl 44 scrafty
Lvl 43 samurott
Lvl 32 golett
Lvl 45 darmanitan

Ditch Simisage for someone useful. Golett/Golurk are also a little on the weak side.

For Grass, Whimsicott and Lilligant are both fucking incredible, and with Ground you've got Krookodile and Seismitoad.

Zertez

Parallax said:

Lvl 43 galvantula
Lvl 43 simisage
Lvl 44 scrafty
Lvl 43 samurott
Lvl 32 golett
Lvl 45 darmanitan

Ditch the monkey(Simisage) and pick up a Duosin. Those monkeys are pretty useless .

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Started to noticed a few adverts for Pokemon at the bus stops.

Apparently Audinos hide behind postboxes, so my top tip is to never challenge the postman to a Pokebattle.

Do I lose all online functions if I order a US version to Europe? Since this will be region-locked on 3DS I need to pick this one with that in mind, and I will probably get a US 3DS in the future (hi, Atlus RPGs!).

BGBW said:
Started to noticed a few adverts for Pokemon at the bus stops.

Apparently Audinos hide behind postboxes, so my top tip is to never challenge the postman to a Pokebattle.

I saw one with a Lillipup in a damp looking back alley/street corner, seems kind of sad now I think about it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Izayoi said:
Fuck yes I figured it out.

Man, the Generation I stuff doesn't sound quite as good as I remember it sounding. Champion theme is still great, though.

Ditch Simisage for someone useful. Golett/Golurk are also a little on the weak side.

For Grass, Whimsicott and Lilligant are both fucking incredible, and with Ground you've got Krookodile and Seismitoad.
Thanks for the grass options. I was looking for something with a little more meat so sage is definetly getting replaced in the morning. As gor golett, I only have him on my team because i just caught him, and his next form learns fly, but what I really want is a decent flying type. That pigeon is fucking useless, and I don't have the right fossil for archeops.

Delio

MatthewB92 said:
Just had a good random Wifi match with my team I'm using in the tournament. Kind of shocked I won but it was kind of luck lol.

Yeah i just did a random wifi match with half of my team and won even when mine were underleveled. I'm feeling confident with them i just need two more guys to round it out.

Izayoi

Banned
Who would've thought that getting the GBA tracks would have been the hardest? I really am stuck here because the GBA had such a piece of shit sound engine that it's impossible to emulate properly so it comes out a muted mess and all of the official OSTs are missing stuff like the Deoxys battle, which means my only remaining option is to shoot myself in the face.

I'll sleep on it and see if I can think of anything, but seriously why is this turning into such a goddamn nightmare.

Fewr

vall03 said:
Also, can anyone explain to me the Entralink? You go on missions on the other players world but aside from the mini-missions and bonuses whats the point?
Hmm.. I just did the 4th gym with amulet coin + extra money bonus, and got $24k per battle, then when going to shops I took the 50% discount. From that point of view, the entralink bonuses are good enough.

Quite a Pokemon noob but here's my team so far, have done all eight gyms and am just about to take on the league.

Serperior lvl 45

Gigalith lvl 45

Darmanitan lvl 43

Archeops lvl 45

Simipour lvl 39

Not sure about my sixth spot, currently levelling up an Emolga

Am I likely to run into t6rouble with that team? It seems to have served me well so far. Any suggestions for the sixth spot?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom