• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

Undella Town is just a complete treasure trove.

Not only because of the Abyssal Ruins, but because of the Riches family battles.
With Amulet Coin, you can easily earn over 100,000 a day for pretty easy battles.

So it turns out one of the Dittos I caught has a 31 IV in Special Attack. I also got another with 30 in Defense. Is it possible to breed to Dittos together?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Obsessed said:
So it turns out one of the Dittos I caught has a 31 IV in Special Attack. I also got another with 30 in Defense. Is it possible to breed to Dittos together?

Nope. :/

JVIDICAN

Alright think I have enough Snivy's. Moving on to solosis, I should get a good number of modest natured ones. :) What would you guys recommend I breed after this? Preferably something with trade value. :p

xSL4INx

Would any Gaffers be interested in trading with me tonight? Just junk for junk, I need to have 10 trades with 10 different people in order to get the
everstone

Any help would be much appreciated.

xSL4INx said:
Would any Gaffers be interested in trading with me tonight? Just junk for junk, I need to have 10 trades with 10 different people in order to get the
everstone

Sure. I'm breeding Solosis right now and have a bunch of junk babies. I'll help you out.

EvilMario said:
I'll jump online now if you want one. FC: 1978 9457 7327

Do you have more than one by any chance? Anything specific you'd want (I don't have much, but if by chance I have something you want I'd offer it up).

xSL4INx said:
everstone

If that's all you need, you can just catch wild Roggenrolas.

I beat the elite four, but it seems like I'm not done with the game yet. Oh, and the way you get the super rod sure is random.

I guess it's almost time to find a larvesta and build a well rounded team.

Edit: Professor Juniper kicks ass!

The Chef

Getting on a plane to Europe and Africa in a few days. My game of choice was going to be Xenogears on my PSP but my nephew who is also coming along tells me I should get Pokemon Black for the trip instead. He says it will absolutely consume me.

The last time I played a Pokemon was like 10 years ago. I remember enjoying it a lot but I never played one since. Should I give it a shot??

JVIDICAN

The Chef said:
Getting on a plane to Europe and Africa in a few days. My game of choice was going to be Xenogears on my PSP but my nephew who is also coming along tells me I should get Pokemon Black for the trip instead.

The last time I played a Pokemon was like 10 years ago. I remember enjoying it a lot but I never played one since. Should I give it a shot??
Do it!

ryan-ts

xSL4INx said:
everstone

Hey if you want some everstones just catch some roggenrola. The first two I caught both had an everstone.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The Chef said:
Getting on a plane to Europe and Africa in a few days. My game of choice was going to be Xenogears on my PSP but my nephew who is also coming along tells me I should get Pokemon Black for the trip instead. He says it will absolutely consume me.

This would be the title to jump back in with. It has a lot of polish, and is very addictive. Definitely good for a plane ride.

Wiseblade

mazeedibeedi said:
After countless hours of breeding the perfect Volcarona, I got a Timid Larvesta with HP/29, SpA/31, SpD/30, Spd/31.
The only problem I have is that its not modest.
Timid isn't a problem, in fact it's the preferred nature. That's definitely a keeper. Volcarona needs every drop of speed it can get, being in the crowded 100 speed tier.

Roto13

Obsessed said:
How's that wi-fi working out for you? Want me to breed you a Mudkip?

Boogiepop

So... I can't go into the Little Court because a game is in progress. Didn't know that could happen. And they won't even let me get close enough to see anything.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Andrex said:
Ooh thanks, but we have to make it quick. 1764 2003 2436

Jumping on now.

Obsessed said:
Do you have more than one by any chance? Anything specific you'd want (I don't have much, but if by chance I have something you want I'd offer it up).

I can trade you a male with an 'off' nature. You be able to use the male to pass down Dark Pulse. I'm running short on Modest Males.

Roto13

Obsessed said:
Either is fine. Whichever you prefer.
I think I'll give you the egg since it's faster and it mean I can trade right now. :p Would you mind helping me out with a couple of trade evolutions while we're at it?

Roto13 said:
I think I'll give you the egg since it's faster and it mean I can trade right now. :p Would you mind helping me out with a couple of trade evolutions while we're at it?

Sure thing. Anything I need in my party to help with the trade? IIRC some Pokemon like Shelmet require having something in the traders party.

Roto13

Obsessed said:
Sure thing. Anything I need in my party to help with the trade? IIRC some Pokemon like Shelmet require having something in the traders party.
Nah, it's just a Seadra and a Porygon. They have the items they need already. I'm heading into the wi fi room now.

Ebris

Hey guys, first time posting with GAF (though lurker for a few years). I actually have a question in regards to shiny Pokemon value. I just finished the 6th gym; while grinding up, I came across and caught a shiny Zebstrika (male w/ Hasty nature) - my first ever in a game! I know most shinys are usually traded to get other shinys or really rare legendaries, but I was wondering - are they a fair payment to get an EV-trained, specific nature normal Pokemon? I'm still new to EV training, so I was thinking of picking up a Deino or some other Pokemon that I've really wanted to get and EV train. I don't wanna offer the Zebstrika if that's too little an offer, though. Thanks!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Ebris said:
Hey guys, first time posting with GAF (though lurker for a few years). I actually have a question in regards to shiny Pokemon value. I just finished the 6th gym; while grinding up, I came across and caught a shiny Zebstrika (male w/ Hasty nature) - my first ever in a game! I know most shinys are usually traded to get other shinys or really rare legendaries, but I was wondering - are they a fair payment to get an EV-trained, specific nature normal Pokemon? I'm still new to EV training, so I was thinking of picking up a Deino or some other Pokemon that I've really wanted to get and EV train. I don't wanna offer the Zebstrika if that's too little an offer, though. Thanks!

I don't think there's a specific value for any one Pokemon. Event Pokemon are definitely the most highly valued (WishBliss for instance). Hasty nature for a Zebstrika, considering it's a Shiny is pretty decent. I would just keep it. You can always EV train something yourself later. In fact, EV-training that Zebstrika might be a good start. :p

Now come the questions...

Where is the person who judges your pokemon's IV potential in this game?
I should have no problem trading my power items from SS into this game right?
How can you reduce your pokemon's EV points back to zero? I don't see any EV reducing berries in this game.

Thanks
mazeedibeedi said:
Hmm...... tempting. You know what I'll keep the larvesta and if you want I could breed the SpA and Spd iv's onto a fresh larvesta. It shouldn't take long as I have the power items and a box full of 31 Spd IV Larvestas :p
I'd love to take two of them off your hands if you don't mind. I don't care if I get the garbage ones. It'd help speed things up a bit since I'm gonna have to transfer a bunch of my oldies into gen V anyway(lots of dittos and high iv pokes there).

I'd like to breed something with an acceptable nature as quickly as possible. The IV and EV stuff starts later on for me. Are you willing to let go of two of them?
D-Pad said:
Easiest legendary ever.
All it took was three turns. It was over before it even began haha.

Wiseblade

Ebris said:
First off, welcome! But yeah, it depends on the person but I've known of people trading EV-trained Pokémon for shinies. Only ever seen it happen on GameFAQs though.

Roto13

Obsessed said:
Thanks Roto. Sorry for the lame mail message. The selection of words is really limited.
No problem. Thanks for helping with my trade evolutions. (And you're the first person to ever send me Pokemon mail. :p)

Ebris

EvilMario said:
I don't think there's a specific value for any one Pokemon. Event Pokemon are definitely the most highly valued (WishBliss for instance). Hasty nature for a Zebstrika, considering it's a Shiny is pretty decent. I would just keep it. You can always EV train something yourself later. In fact, EV-training that Zebstrika might be a good start. :p

Wiseblade said:
First off, welcome! But yeah, it depends on the person but I've known of people trading EV-trained Pokémon for shinies. Only ever seen it happen on GameFAQs though.

Thanks for the responses! I'd definitely use/EV train the Zebstrika myself, but it doesn't fit the theme I'd want for my final team - plus, my current one has a pretty-awesome Elektross right now, so I'm pretty happy in the electric department. I think I will just hold onto it for now, unless I can find someone interested later down the road. I'll wind up catching a Deino myself once I get to Victory Road and start breeding them till I get the nature/maybe IVs I want.

Busaiku

I just noticed that stuff like Grepa and Pinap berries are no longer available!
Does this mean there're no EV lowering items anymore?!

Mt Heart Attack said:
Now half of the Elite Four is gonna be a joke.
Scrafty already made 75% of them a joke.

SolarPowered said:
I'd love to take two of them off your hands if you don't mind. I don't care if I get the garbage ones. It'd help speed things up a bit since I'm gonna have to transfer a bunch of my oldies into gen V anyway(lots of dittos and high iv pokes there).

I'd like to breed something with an acceptable nature as quickly as possible. The IV and EV stuff starts later on for me. Are you willing to let go of two of them?
Sure thing. Most of the offsprings are modest with 31 IV in speed. Do you want them both to have 31 in SpA and Spd? Or just 31 in Spd?

Morokh

Jinko said:
There is this.

But you need an action replay to import the pkm's I think.

http://www.pkmdb.com/PKM-Downloads-All-Generations

Im sure it wouldnt be that hard to make a server to act like GTS1's.

Turn out there is an program called pokeshift which can do it, but doesn't work on BW anyway.

fakeGTS works with B/W (or at least I found a version that works), and even lets you export pokemons from your cartridge to your PC via Wi-fi

but not sure if it is the right place to talk about this since it is, in a way hack related.

My Shiny Budew had a Rash nature so I raised it to be a Special Sweeper Roserade. First Pokemon I EV trained. Think it turned out well. It knows Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Sludge Bomb and Energy Ball. Thinking about ditching Energy Ball for Shadow Ball, seeing as I already have SunnyBeam (with a Focus item anyway) for Grass STAB.

mazeedibeedi said:
Sure thing. Most of the offsprings are modest with 31 IV in speed. Do you want them both to have 31 in SpA and Spd? Or just 31 in Spd?
I'd love it if they could have 31 IV in both of them. You don't have to hatch some if you ran out though. If you ever need a specific item just ask. I may have some extra stuff lying around that I could give to you in the coming days(I've probably got tons of extra gen IV pokes with good IV sitting around too).

My FC: 0819 3372 0787

So jumping in here, quick question:

As someone whose last Pokémon games were Gold/Silver, would one of these be worth jumping into? Part of me wonders if I'd even like the formula anymore. Also, since they're the same price still, would Black/White be recommended over Platinum?

I was debating buying Black/White or the DS Golden Sun yesterday, but ended up leaving the store with nothing (I'm indecisive when it comes to spending money on games I don't know I want for sure!)

SolarPowered said:
I'd love it if they could have 31 IV in both of them. You don't have to hatch some if you ran out though. If you ever need a specific item just ask. I may have some extra stuff lying around that I could give to you in the coming days(I've probably got tons of extra gen IV pokes with good IV sitting around too).

My FC: 0819 3372 0787
If you have a spare Totodile lying around, just PM me.

FC: 4255 2743 3756

mazeedibeedi said:
If you have a spare Totodile lying around, just PM me.

FC: 4255 2743 3756
I'd have to check my old carts, but I probably have a spare one lying around. I could probably get an egg really quickly.

I'm online and ready.

Mudkip hatched.

Mudkip - #258 (Relaxed)
HP: 10 - 11
Att: 20 - 21
Def: 0 - 1
SpA: 8 - 9
SpD: 26 - 27
Speed: 10 - 13

Got the nature I wanted :D. SpD isn't terrible and might be worth passing down since I am just using it for the Battle Subway. Time to get breeding!

Roto13

You know, I've never hated IVs before, because I could always just ignore them, but now that I'm trying to evolve a Hitmontop... fuck them.

Morokh

CarbonatedFalcon said:
So jumping in here, quick question:

As someone whose last Pokémon games were Gold/Silver, would one of these be worth jumping into? Part of me wonders if I'd even like the formula anymore. Also, since they're the same price still, would Black/White be recommended over Platinum?

I was debating buying Black/White or the DS Golden Sun yesterday, but ended up leaving the store with nothing (I'm indecisive when it comes to spending money on games I don't know I want for sure!)

Choosing between B/W or Platinum, I would go for B/W, because it's the current generation, so trading and interacting with other players will be easier, and because the presentation is way worth-it.

Deciding if the formula is still in your tastes is up to you, and while it is mostly the same formula, enough has been changed/added to make it fresh even for hardcore players that played all the games since Gold/Silver.

But in the end, for your choice between B/W and Golden Sun, can't really help, but of the two if you're ready to sink into a real long game session with one of those games I would bet Pokemon wins.

I haven't played a pokemon title since Red (no joke) and I really want a Zorua (it's cute). :(

Is it conceivable (if I found somebody really nice) I could 'borrow' a Celebi to get Zorua, and then return the Celebi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom