• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
Doesn't the GBA use the same (or modified) version of the PSX sound engine? GSF > mini-GSF or something? In either case I have always loved the low-quality soundfont that most of the games used, I guess the same way some like 16-bit pixel graphics more than 3D. I've even gone so far as to try to reproduce that sound by making my own instrument samples. It's a great time waster, and it makes every midi sound better. :p

Also, Audacity is great. The easiest way to loop is to find an easy to distinguish point in the wave shape that you can match with a similar point somewhere in another part of the song. Chop off everything after the loop-end point first, and then select everything from there until the loop-start to the left. Select Effects -> Repeat. Enter "1" and then hit Apply. You can see a black line where the loop starts. Place the cursor a little before that and play.

Very likely that the loop will be off, so you'll have to hit undo. It'll undo the loop and your selection will conveniently reappear! Adjust the beginning part of the selection and repeat the Effect -> Repeat until your song loops cleanly. Once you find a clean loop, click undo (yes) and go to Tracks -> Add Label at Selection and type in "Loop" or something. This will ensure you don't lose your loop point if you decide to edit further.

Effect -> Repeat, enter the number of times you want it to repeat.
Effect -> Fadeout the end
Export
???
Profit

All that typing and you already figured it out. On top of that it's not even what you were having trouble with. 3 hours of sleep. Let's just blame it on that...

Thank you for the high-res pic, btw.
Haha, not a problem. I appreciate the tip about saving loops - I was unaware that I could do that.

One thing I'm curious about, though:

How do I modify my selection? I can't seem to extend or shorten it without being forced to recreate it from scratch.

Roto13 said:
Literally enough art to completely fill your ass?
If I were to print it all out, enough to fill the asses of dozens and dozens of people.

Starwolf_UK said:
There might be a winamp plugin on the output side for making .WAV files (maybe it even comes with one, I'll have a look when I get home). I know I have one for making MP3 files. When I tried it, it ends up playing the track muted as fast the computer can handle it so you can get a whole soundtrack done in minutes. Then you just switch the winamp output plugin being used and listen the results...(or put them on your iPod or whatever).
Yeah, I found a plugin that lets me export to .WAV - and it works great. The only problem I'm having now is finding a way to get high quality GBF playback, because the plugin I'm currently using (and it seems like it's the only plugin on the entire internet) sounds horrible. It's like listening to a 16k MP3. Of course, the only games it seems to spit out shit sound for are the Pokemon games. Fucking hell.

TheOGB said:
Possibly LTTP, but Kyurem did 9/11

I lol'd
It should be obvious, but please refrain from giving them hits over that. They have literally no idea what they're talking about.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Mank said:
Grr... my Battle Subway run got ended by a trainer using an Air Balloon Raikou, Latios, and Moltres. How the hell is that fair?

Oh man, that's rough. XD I can't wait for that to happen to me... v_v

Raxus

Andrex said:
Yeah, but I haven't imported all my SoulSilver Pokemon yet. (I'm not going to bother capturing the pre-Unova White exclusives as I already have them all.) For the others I could help you out, name it and I might have it.
I need Breviary's pre-evolved form and 'Thorh' or however you spell it.

DMG-01

How could I go about breeding a Braviary with good IVs? I have a Ditto with 31 HP and one with 31 Atk, but not one with 31 Spe. Other than hoping for a random 31, there isn't any way that I can breed max speed onto a Braviary, right?

Also, while I'm on the topic of breeding, can you breed a genderless pokemon with another pokemon of the same species, or are they dependent on Ditto parents too?

Roto13

I like that when Diglett and Dugtrio come out of a Pokeball, they just appear on the ground, rather than falling. And in the transfer minigame, they don't jump between bushes, they just kind of burrow or whatever.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Raxus said:
I need Breviary's pre-evolved form and 'Thorh' or however you spell it.

OK, could you trade me Mandibuzz's pre-evolution and Whimsicot in return?

Roto13 said:
I like that when Diglett and Dugtrio come out of a Pokeball, they just appear on the ground, rather than falling. And in the transfer minigame, they don't jump between bushes, they just kind of burrow or whatever.

Yeah, those were both really nice touches.

RagnarokX

Obsessed said:
Why are gender ratios so skewed in this game. 12.5% chance for a female mudkip? It doesn't look like a predominately male species.
Starters are always predominately male. They are "rare" and you can't breed them to produce more unless you get a female or a ditto, which makes them more rare.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Magnus said:
How is it that you're all hatching 2+ eggs at once? Isn't it most time-effective to march an egg around as you go about your business as soon as you get it, instead of accumulating 2+ to march around at once?

Multitasking is better than single-tasking.

Boogiepop

Oh damn, you can use the Lati pokemon in the Subway? Hm, not sure whether or not I should look into that, as I definitely don't have a competitive version of either... hm. If only Soul Dew was in this gen, then that would tear that damn Subway to shreds.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Mank said:
Oh damn, you can use the Lati pokemon in the Subway? Hm, not sure whether or not I should look into that, as I definitely don't have a competitive version of either... hm. If only Soul Dew was in this gen, then that would tear that damn Subway to shreds.

Soul Dew is banned in the Battle Subway, just like last Generation. You could always use the Lati twins.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EvilMario, you still have that Deino? I can get on now and stay on for a while (if need be...)

DMG-01

Mank said:
I think Soul Dew is banned in the Subway, so it's no loss. :p

Roto13

Ok, so I only need one more Pokemon to finish the Johto Pokedex. A Hitmontop. Does anyone have one they could trade to me? I can breed you something in return.

Boogiepop

EvilMario said:
Soul Dew is banned in the Battle Subway, just like last Generation. You could always use the Lati twins.
Ah, well, there goes that thought.
Man, this whole Battle Subway thing is driving me nuts. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't withhold the Battle Frontier again, because at least then I could get some variety in earning my battle points...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I said I did this in the HG/SS thread, but now I'm doing it even more in these games...

Am I the only one that opts to bike to the different cities instead of flying, when feasible?

Mr. Sam

Andrex said:
I said I did this in the HG/SS thread, but now I'm doing it even more in these games...

Am I the only one that opts to bike to the different cities instead of flying, when feasible?

As long as I don't have to go through any caves or if the other city isn't on the complete other side of the map, yeah.

Busaiku

Andrex said:

Aside from hatching eggs (for which I use the bike), I always run.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Andrex said:
SUPER thanks EvilMario.

Err, if you could exit the trade that'd be great.

Haha, sorry. I was typing a really long message to a friend (from the Toronto-Age thread). I hope you didn't have to wait too long.

Murkas

Just finished the game. I liked how the E4 part was done alot. Now I'm torn on what to do, transfer all my Pearl/Gold stuff or carry on into the White forest and all other post game stuff?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hell yeah, it's Casteliacone day.

EvilMario said:
Haha, sorry. I was typing a really long message to a friend (from the Toronto-Age thread). I hope you didn't have to wait too long.

Heh no problem.

Busaiku

Murkas said:
Just finished the game. I liked how the E4 part was done alot. Now I'm torn on what to do, transfer all my Pearl/Gold stuff or carry on into the White forest and all other post gam stuff?
You might wanna save White Forest for last (unless you have easy access to someone else's Black City), because apparently the longer you wait to get there, the bigger it will be.

Murkas

Also forgot to mention, the Poketransfer minigame, I kept flinging pokeballs on my Koffing and Bannette but it just bounced around:( What gives?

Busaiku said:
You might wanna save White Forest for last (unless you have easy access to someone else's Black City), because apparently the longer you wait to get there, the bigger it will be.

ah will do. Is there any other post game stuff apart from rematching the E4? I haven't looked at a single guide or anything for this game.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Murkas said:
Also forgot to mention, the Poketransfer minigame, I kept flinging pokeballs on my Koffing and Bannette but it just bounced around:( What gives?

Two Pokemon will be on the move in the beginning of the game. You must hit the bushes the other Pokemon are hiding behind when they poke their heads out. Otherwise the Pokeball will bounce off.

drtomoe123 said:
Would anyone be willing to do a quick trade/tradeback with Tornadus? I just caught Thundurus and I've got tons of GTS fodder, so I just need to get him in my dex.

Please help. :O

FC is

4598 9017 5724

Anyone? :)

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
Haha, not a problem. I appreciate the tip about saving loops - I was unaware that I could do that.

One thing I'm curious about, though:

How do I modify my selection? I can't seem to extend or shorten it without being forced to recreate it from scratch.

Place the cursor at the end of the selection (note, not in the time bar at the top, but over the track itself) and it'll turn into a pointing hand. Click and drag. If you have multiple tracks, drag over those tracks to select the same area within them as well.

Roto13

Murkas said:
ah will do. Is there any other post game stuff apart from rematching the E4? I haven't looked at a single guide or anything for this game.
Some legendaries, finding the sages, battling Cynthia, battling the champ, and the underwater ruins all come to mind.

Murkas

Roto13 said:
Some legendaries, finding the sages, battling Cynthia, battling the champ, and the underwater ruins all come to mind.

Thanks

Do you still need that hitmontop? I have one on my heart gold.

EvilMario said:
Two Pokemon will be on the move in the beginning of the game. You must hit the bushes the other Pokemon are hiding behind when they poke their heads out. Otherwise the Pokeball will bounce off.

Thanks

Zomba13

Ok, This has been annoying me now. I know (think) Throh is supposed to be based on Throw, but what is Sawk meant to be? I'm talking about the names.

Murkas said:
You could always head east from Opelucid City and work your way around. Lots of tough trainers and rare Pokemon that way.
Kyurem is that way as well in the Giant Chasm

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Beheeyem's White entry... kind of dark...

Zomba13 said:
Ok, This has been annoying me now. I know (think) Throh is supposed to be based on Throw, but what is Sawk meant to be? I'm talking about the names.

According to Pokemon Wiki, they were originally Rawkem and Sawkem. Then Rawk and Sawk, then Throh and Sawk.

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
Place the cursor at the end of the selection (note, not in the time bar at the top, but over the track itself) and it'll turn into a pointing hand. Click and drag. If you have multiple tracks, drag over those tracks to select the same area within them as well.
Thanks a ton.

Zomba13

Andrex said:
Beheeyem's White entry... kind of dark...

According to Wiki, they were originally Rawkem and Sawkem. Then Rawk and Sawk, then Throh and Sawk.
:O makes sense. Why couldn't they keep those names? Or even Rawk and Sawk?

Izayoi

Banned
Zomba13 said:
Throh's name is a reverse effect of two names: throw, and horht, which is Sanskrit for "combat".

The pair was originally supposed to be "Rawkem" and "Sawkem" but Sawkem was apparently copyrighted.

Sawk is the one who kept part of his original name, and it doesn't have any real meaning aside from "socking" someone (punching).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Zomba13 said:
:O makes sense. Why couldn't they keep those names? Or even Rawk and Sawk?

Copyright issues, apparently.

Sock 'em, or to "sock" somebody, in case you were wondering, is an old American term for punching somebody.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Zertez said:
It probably infringed on Rock em Sock Em Robots.

That's what the names were referencing. What's interesting is that Throh and Sawk are red and blue, just like the robots for the toys were.

Zomba13

Andrex said:
Copyright issues, apparently.

Sock 'em, or to "sock" somebody, in case you were wondering, is an old American term for punching somebody.
Zertez said:
It probably infringed on Rock em Sock Em Robots.

Aww that sucks. Would've thought Rawk and Sawk would have been different enough to get around that. Anyway, still gonna go nickname mine Rawkem and Sawkem :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom