• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
SolarPowered said:
I'd have to check my old carts, but I probably have a spare one lying around. I could probably get an egg really quickly.

I'm online and ready.
Sorry for the delay, I was looking for my DS. I'll be online in a minute

Not A Fur said:
I haven't played a pokemon title since Red (no joke) and I really want a Zorua (it's cute). :(

Is it conceivable (if I found somebody really nice) I could 'borrow' a Celebi to get Zorua, and then return the Celebi?

You might have more luck just getting someone to trade you a Zorua. They can be bred.

r4z4

Not A Fur said:
I haven't played a pokemon title since Red (no joke) and I really want a Zorua (it's cute). :(

Is it conceivable (if I found somebody really nice) I could 'borrow' a Celebi to get Zorua, and then return the Celebi?
I can breed you a Zorua if you can wait till later today. I'm sure others here can too :)

DMG-01

After doing a few runs of the easy doubles line, I can say with certainty that I prefer doubles over singles. Using pokemon that synergize together is such a fun and rewarding experience. Right now I'm using a balloon holding Galvantula and a motor drive Electivire. Galvantula uses Discharge, netting Electivire a speed boost from Motor Drive and Galvantula is immune to his Earthquake thanks to the balloon. Sure, there are better users of this combination, like Zapdos/Garchomp, but I don't have either of those dudes. :p

Morokh

Okay, got a Nidoran♂ from GTS with his dream world ability Hustle, in theory if I evolve him into a Nidoking i should have a king with Sheer Force right ?

DeVeAn

So I got an Arceus over the GTS. The only pokemon I missed the event at toys r us for. How do I know if its legit? I know a few signs to look for.

It has all caps for the name.
Came in a pokeball.
Has moves that are learnable.
Stats are realistic.
From Sinnoh.

Even with that I feel like it was obtained by an AR device.

zoukka

Just ordered this baby. Now to start studying the gibberish you guys are talking in here :b

How fast can you find Venipede? That sucker looks fun to train.

Wiseblade

DeVeAn said:
So I got an Arceus over the GTS. The only pokemon I missed the event at toys r us for. How do I know if its legit? I know a few signs to look for.

Came in a pokeball.
Stats are realistic.
From Sinnoh.

shouldn't it be in a cherish ball?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
DeVeAn said:

Came in a pokeball.
Stats are realistic.
From Sinnoh.

Check it against these:

http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/493.shtml

That said, no Arceus has ever come in a regular Pokemon ball, but it could have been caught by someone with the Azure Flute (which has had an event).

Wiseblade

DeVeAn said:
Exactly. Thats what throws me off. Was it possible to get him in D/P/Pt? As in taking a boat etc.
Yeah, but that's different from the event Arceus and a guaranteed illlegal if it's not Japanese.

What you should be looking for is this.

The moves can vary, but the OT should be the same, it should have the Ribbon and be in a cherish ball.

DeVeAn

Wiseblade said:
Yeah, but that's different from the event Arceus and a guaranteed illlegal if it's not Japanese.

What you should be looking for is this.

The moves can vary, but the OT should be the same, it should have the Ribbon and be in a cherish ball.
Yea, my little bro let me add it to my pokedex. His was legit. Figured the one I get would be bogus.

EDIT: FC was changed do to a dead DS. Added new code.

Damn all of you guys! I wasn't going to buy the game, I really don't have time to play this, but after lurking here a few times I just couldn't resist jumping on the Pokétrain. Why do all of you have to sound like you're having so much fun? :(

Oh well, at least I got a bonus when I bought it, which was totally unexpected.

Time to pick a starter!

I had a few questions in the last page and no one answered so...

Where is the person who judges your pokemon's IV potential in this game?

I should have no problem trading my power items from SS into this game right?

How can you reduce your pokemon's EV points back to zero? I don't see any EV reducing berries in this game.

I'm just curious and short answers will do.

Quacking

Ehy, I'm breeding some Tepigs and sometimes it's happen that after the hatching of one of them the step later another egg get hatched. Obviously I didn't get the second egg after 2 steps from the first so, there's something particular about?

Morokh

SolarPowered said:
I had a few questions in the last page and no one answered so...

How can you reduce your pokemon's EV points back to zero? I don't see any EV reducing berries in this game.

I'm just curious and short answers will do.

- Battle subway hub after E4

- you can't get items from previous versions since Poketransfer doesn't allow pokemons to carry an item.

No ideas about the berries, but maybe they are tied to Dream world.

eek5

Quacking said:
Ehy, I'm breeding some Tepigs and sometimes it's happen that after the hatching of one of them the step later another egg get hatched. Obviously I didn't get the second egg after 2 steps from the first so, there's something particular about?

I think when you get a new egg the eggs you're holding get reduced by 256 steps so if you walked 258 steps before the day care guy told you you had a new egg you'll hatch the 2nd one 2 steps after the first

Magnus

How is it that you're all hatching 2+ eggs at once? Isn't it most time-effective to march an egg around as you go about your business as soon as you get it, instead of accumulating 2+ to march around at once?

Roto13

I'm fairly certain you can't trade event Pokemon on the GTS. It tells you it can't be traded because it has a special ribbon.

Need 2 more to complete the Unova Dex.

Just need a Tornadus to unlock Landorus.

Will probably try to complete the original 151 after since I did it in Soul Silver and still have most of them in the box.

DeVeAn

Roto13 said:
I'm fairly certain you can't trade event Pokemon on the GTS. It tells you it can't be traded because it has a special ribbon.
Oh shit, really? Damnit. Oh well hope there is another legit way to get Arceus in the future.

Jinko

DeVeAn said:

Came in a pokeball.
Stats are realistic.
From Sinnoh.

Is fake you can't put a pokemon with a Classic Ribbon on the GTS or trade it for that matter.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EvilMario, if you're still here, would you be up to trade in about half an hour?

SolarPowered said:
Now come the questions...

He should be in Nimbasa City. I forget where exactly, but check the Pokemon Center and the Battle Subway.

SolarPowered said:

Items can't be transferred from previous games.

SolarPowered said:

Those berries are only available in the Dream World, which is part of the Global Link of which the launch was just delayed.

SolarPowered said:

No prob.

Raxus

Andrex said:
He should be in Nimbasa City. I forget where exactly, but check the Pokemon Center and the Battle Subway.

Battle Subway. He is right in front of you as you enter.

Andrex said:
Items can't be transferred from previous games.

There is an exception, the lock capsule which contains TM95.

eek5

Magnus said:
How is it that you're all hatching 2+ eggs at once? Isn't it most time-effective to march an egg around as you go about your business as soon as you get it, instead of accumulating 2+ to march around at once?

most people probably get 5 and hatch them all in batches like that

Raxus

Andrex, do you have the white version? I think I still need a couple white exclusive Pokemon.
eek5 said:
most people probably get 5 and hatch them all in batches like that
Not just that but you can also have a pokemon with flame body to hatch the eggs VERY fast.

Azure J

So now, I'm doing more exploration training and I found my way into Lacunosa Town and holy fucking shit this music and atmosphere. I'm in love. :lol

As for the Pokemon training and whatnot, well I'm getting some good ideas, but I'd love to hear some thoughts on what I'm thinking of so far:

Eelektross/Galvantula
Hydregion/Dragonite
Metagross/Lucario
Volcarona/Arcanine
Serperior (I always keep the starter I pick on my main team)
Carracosta/Lapras/Poliwrath

I'm not trying to run with any specific methods, gimmicks or training outside of the aim to make an entirely double type team and to try and make it Unova specific. The latter isn't happening, I've come to grips with that :lol

I pretty much try to run flexible straightforward teams. I'm all up for hearing some suggestions from you all since you sound pretty good with this all.

Managed to breed this.

Mudkip - #258 (Hardy)
HP: 26 - 27
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 31
SpA: 24 - 25
SpD: 12 - 13
Speed: 26 - 27

I'm willing to settle with everything but the nature and SpD. So... now what do I do? I assume I use this guy as one of the parents. How should I go about breeding this thing to get a good Relaxed child

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Terrakion
Jolly
26/30/23/x/30/31

Oh my..

Obsessed said:
Managed to breed this.

Mudkip - #258 (Hardy)
HP: 26 - 27
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 31
SpA: 24 - 25
SpD: 12 - 13
Speed: 26 - 27

I'm willing to settle with everything but the nature and SpD. So... now what do I do? I assume I use this guy as one of the parents. How should I go about breeding this thing to get a good Relaxed child

A parent with a Relaxed nature, and Everstone. The only Egg moves that would really concern you are Yawn and Curse.

EvilMario said:
Terrakion
Jolly
26/30/23/x/30/31

Oh my..

A parent with a Relaxed nature, and Everstone. The only Egg moves that would really concern you are Yawn and Curse.

Do I give the mudkip a Power item to ensure that at least 1 our of 3 IV's are passed down to the child?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Obsessed said:
Do I give the mudkip a Power item to ensure that at least 1 our of 3 IV's are passed down to the child?

Indeed. I'd give it the Power Belt, because that Defense stat is most important.

EvilMario said:
Indeed. I'd give it the Power Belt, because that Defense stat is most important.

Will do. Now the Mudkip is sadly male so I might need to breed it with a crappy Ditto and then just pray that I get a female or a surprisingly good male. It might take awhile to catch a relaxed ditto, or breed a relaxed female.

Edit: Durp... I'll just take one of the other mudkips and breed that until I get a relaxed female. I have a relaxed male mudkip...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Raxus said:
Andrex, do you have the white version? I think I still need a couple white exclusive Pokemon.

Yeah, but I haven't imported all my SoulSilver Pokemon yet. (I'm not going to bother capturing the pre-Unova White exclusives as I already have them all.) For the others I could help you out, name it and I might have it.

Thanks for the information guys.

I have no idea what dream world is so I guess I'm going to need to do some research on that one.
Magnus said:
It should take less than five minutes to get five eggs in a single party and flame body pokemon cut down hatching times considerably. All you have to do is come back down to the daycare center if you've still got a slot anyway. It's not uncommon to hatch more than forty eggs in less than two hours this way.

It helps if the two pokemon you put in the daycare are getting along with each other.

I'll give it a shot
AzureJericho said:
Eelektross/Galvantula
I'd definitely go with Eelektross over Galvantula. Eelektross has no weakness cause its got Levitate and has got better overall stats, save for speed.
AzureJericho said:
Hydregion/Dragonite
Tough call. It really depends on what sort of sweeper you'd like. Dragonite makes an excellent physical sweeper and Hydregion makes an excellent special sweeper
DAMN YOU GHESTIS
. Both could also make good mixed sweepers but I think Hydregion has the edge cause of its speed.
AzureJericho said:
Metagross/Lucario
Another tough call. As much as I love Lucario, I think Metagross has the edge here, with attack and defense. If you've picked Hydregion I think Metagross would be a better choice than Lucario in this instance. But if you've picked Dragonite I think Lucario is a better choice in that.
AzureJericho said:
Volcarona/Arcanine
Volcarona without a doubt. Not only can Volcarona outspeed an Arcanine, but it puts it to shame with its base Special Attack. The only problem I have with Volcarona is its movepool. It's not that diverse :(
AzureJericho said:
Serperior (I always keep the starter I pick on my main team)
Fair enough, I do that too.
AzureJericho said:
Carracosta/Lapras/Poliwrath
Hmmm.... not too sure here, but my best bet would be to use Carracosta out of those three. I'm sure there are better choices but I can't think of some off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom