• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked Man

I said wow
Andrex said:
Opelucid City (White) has the best music, followed closely by Village Bridge with everyone performing.

Fixed. :D

Sometimes I just walk into Village Bridge, head straight to the riverbed, chat up the warbling old man, spray some Max Repels and just surf around in the water, singing along.
"Ore ha ne, kamome ni horeta, tasogare oyajiiiiii~" <3

hermit7

Gravijah said:
It's not worth restarting over, haha. You can get another master ball if you really want. Not that there's much to use it on.

Eh I am a little bored post game though. Not too big of a fan of leveling and EV training. May try a run where I don't evolve any Pokes. Will be a little more fun I think.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
jman2050 said:
White Forest's music annoys the shit out of me.

Concurred on Village Bridge though.

It reminds me of like Animal Crossing I think. Or maybe one of the SMG games.

KingK

Articalys said:
Alright, you got me.
Only in Platinum, DP caps at 74. And if you actually didn't know it's Barry after you beat the E4 twenty times.

Ok yeah.
I remember fighting Barry when he had Pokemon in the 70s. I never played Platinum. Only Diamond

Also, fuck Marshal. I had beaten the other 3 of the elite four fairly easily, then I get Marshal down to his last Pokemon (Toxicroak). I used Bravebird with Braviary, but his Toxicroak attacked first and got me into the red. Then, when Bravebird hit and I killed him, my Braviary fainted from recoil, so I lost the battle and had to pay his ass.

edit:
Maybe I should teach my Escavalier Aerial Ace and take out False Swipe for now so that I can thoroughly kick his ass.

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
Barry is the second strongest trainer in the whole series. RESPECT
Barry would eat Red for breakfast. (assuming you pick Turtwig) Barry's Heracross and Inernape are capable of sweeping Red's entire team, with Staraptor cleaning up anything left.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
Barry would eat Red for breakfast. (assuming you pick Turtwig) Barry's Heracross and Inernape are capable of sweeping Red's entire team, with Staraptor cleaning up anything left.

That too.

Roto13

-Pyromaniac- said:
lol my Mienfoo attacked virizion twice to get it to red, and not even low level red, the highest health one could get while being in the red zone. And I caught it with my first normal pokeball.

For some reason I expected the second legendary to be harder to catch than the first. Probably got lucky. But this leads me to my question. Are those the only 2 "special" pokemon I can catch until post game?
There's Tornadus or Thundurus, and the third Musketeer.

Forkball

Ok I beat it today. What now? I'm looking around the new areas but damn what a huge spike in levels. Everyone has level 65 pokemon? WTF. Should I be doing something else before I check out the new areas?

Roto13

Why is everyone such a weiner about the post-game trainers? Their levels are high but their Pokemon are still weak. If you can take down the entire Elite 4 and N and Ghestis you can manage a few of those guys without having to go back to the Pokemon Center.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Forkball said:
Ok I beat it today. What now? I'm looking around the new areas but damn what a huge spike in levels. Everyone has level 65 pokemon? WTF. Should I be doing something else before I check out the new areas?

They're mostly unevolved 'mons, basically easy Exp anyways. Take them head on!

Forkball

They're not so tough, but I was still really surprised at the jump. I did almost get wrecked by a Mantine.

Also, any tips on which dragon type I should train? There's a lot of them this gen.

Boogiepop

Anyone else randomly not update to Winter? My game registers that it's the 1st, but no Winter. I don't know if it's cause it was my first time putting it in the 3DS and it thought I was playing with the clock or something, but it makes me sad. Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow when I try again... :|

Gravijah

Mank said:
Anyone else randomly not update to Winter? My game registers that it's the 1st, but no Winter. I don't know if it's cause it was my first time putting it in the 3DS and it thought I was playing with the clock or something, but it makes me sad. Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow when I try again... :|

Did you go between routes, inside/outside a building?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Now comes the time where I abuse my position and use it to prop up something completely unrelated to the topic at hand.

I made three Chrome extensions in the past few days that some of you might be interested in:

NeoGAF Messages was actually made because of this thread. I kept missing PMs because I was using the Live Thread extension.

OK, that's enough. Back on topic!

Articalys

Those extensions look great; I really should move over to Chrome one of these days but I'm too used to Firefox.

So, finally got my Thundurus. Would anyone be kind enough to lend me a Tornadus for a short spell so's I can catch myself a fertility god? I'd return it within the hour, success or not, and do the same for you if you needed the same favor in reverse.

Gravijah

Articalys said:
Those extensions look great; I really should move over to Chrome one of these days but I'm too used to Firefox.

So, finally got my Thundurus. Would anyone be kind enough to lend me a Tornadus for a short spell so's I can catch myself a fertility god? I'd return it within the hour, success or not, and do the same for you if you needed the same favor in reverse.

I'm always jumping between Firefox, Opera and Chrome. They all kind of suck though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
I'm always jumping between Firefox, Opera and Chrome. They all kind of suck though.

Why do they all kind of suck? You can PM me your answer.
And I'll actually know right when I get it thanks to that Chrome extension!

Masked Man

I said wow
Andrex, between this thread and the extensions you posted, you are quickly encroaching upon EmCeeGramr's coveted position as my favorite poster on GAF. <3

Works with the live extension too!
3AQmK.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Masked Man said:
Andrex, between this thread and the extensions you posted, you are quickly encroaching upon EmCeeGramr's coveted position as my favorite poster on GAF. <3

:eek: <3

What's that skank have that I don't have?
LLShC.gif

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Why do they all kind of suck? You can PM me your answer.
And I'll actually know right when I get it thanks to that Chrome extension!

It's been a while since I've used Chrome, maybe I should try it again. Though I don't really use extensions, since I'm the kind of person that likes to adapt to something rather than tinker with it to suit my needs.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
It's been a while since I've used Chrome, maybe I should try it again. Though I don't really use extensions, since I'm the kind of person that likes to adapt to something rather than tinker with it to suit my needs.

That seems a bit, hrm... backwards. >.> These services are servicing you, not the other way around.

Plus the Web Store has a ton of non-site apps and extensions.

Andrex said:
Now comes the time where I abuse my position and use it to prop up something completely unrelated to the topic at hand.

I made three Chrome extensions in the past few days that some of you might be interested in:

NeoGAF Quick Reply

OK, that's enough. Back on topic!
These extensions are amazing, makes Gaf even better, is there a FF version of Quick Reply though?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Almost finished training my Simisear. :D

For some reason, I have an itching to train a Grass and Water type next to have an honorary team of Starter-types...for Grass, I want to train a Leavanny. I have a shiny one in my Japanese Black, and I hope it has a good nature to create a move set out of. For the Water-type, I think I might go with Basculin, since I like it's design, or maybe even Swanna.

Amoonguss or Garbodor? Both are quirky I love them. :D
Amoongus!

I love how the PokeDex mentions that it fails at trying to convince Pokemon that it's a Pokeball...it's Japanese name even means "obvious fake", or something to that effect. I just imagine it hanging out in a red-light district and yelling at people that it's a Pokeball.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
upJTboogie said:
These extensions are amazing, makes Gaf even better, is there a FF version of Quick Reply though?

Considering I just made it today, no. But there could be. I myself just have no plans for it.

Jeels said:
Here's another round, this time the Poison types.

Amoonguss or Garbodor? Both are quirky I love them. :D

Gotta go with Garbodor. Higher stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom