• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

jesus christ the dark dragon line takes forever to level up
all i have to do from where I am now is earn another 165000 exp
and I'm already at level 50

guess they decided it was too easy to get a garchomp last time

vhfive

Articalys said:
jesus christ the dark dragon line takes forever to level up
all i have to do from where I am now is earn another 165000 exp
and I'm already at level 50

guess they decided it was too easy to get a garchomp last time
This dude is a pretty cool dude

612_haxorus_front_norm.png

NEO0MJ

Grrr, it seems I dropped my white cartidge in the street somewhere and now all my pokemon(plus money!) are gone forever! Oh well, at least I only spent 25 hours on it.

How would I go about getting Zorua if I never had the previous Pokemon game with Celibi? Is trading the only way? Sorry if it's an obvious question, still a Pokemon noob.

Gravijah

J Tourettes said:
How would I go about getting Zorua if I never had the previous Pokemon game with Celibi? Is trading the only way? Sorry if it's an obvious question, still a Pokemon noob.

Someone here can breed you one if you'd like.

Andrefpvs

Holy crap, it's winter! What can I do now that I couldn't earlier? Serebii only lists Twist Mountain and Icirrus. Is that it? :|

Gravijah said:
Someone here can breed you one if you'd like.

If someone could that for me, that would be great. don't think i really have much to offer in return though, having only recently beaten the Elite 4. I think I added my FC to the google doc a week or so ago.

Gravijah

J Tourettes said:
If someone could that for me, that would be great. don't think i really have much to offer in return though, having only recently beaten the Elite 4. I think I added my FC to the google doc a week or so ago.
I'll get to hatching you one now. Gonna be around much longer?

Gravijah

J Tourettes said:
Cool, thanks! I'm at work but have my DS with me and a cool boss so just let me know when it's ready.

Got you registered, my FC is 4813 6217 8362

Turn on the c-gear (seems to make trading go smoother) and I'll be in the (middle) WiFi room!

Gravijah said:
Got you registered, my FC is 4813 6217 8362

Turn on the c-gear (seems to make trading go smoother) and I'll be in the (middle) WiFi room!

Just coming now, had to set up my Nexus as a wifi hotspot as work's wifi isn't working today.

Gravijah

Also, if you seem me in there, try talking to me. Since I have issues seeing the other person sometimes.

Edit: If it doesn't go through this time, re-join the WiFi room with me.

Gravijah

J Tourettes said:
Tried talking to you twice but no luck :(

Edit: Rejoining.

It's finicky. HGSS wasn't like this, so I'm gonna assume the Earthquake is causing some of the issues

Edit: Come ooooooooon. You have your c-gear on, right?

Gravijah said:
It's finicky. HGSS wasn't like this, so I'm gonna assume the Earthquake is causing some of the issues

Still no luck.

Fake edit: Sorry to mess you about, I have to go into a meeting now so I won't be able to exchange until later, sorry but if you're around later let me know. Thanks.

Gravijah

J Tourettes said:
Still no luck.

Fake edit: Sorry to mess you about, I have to go into a meeting now so I won't be able to exchange until later, sorry but if you're around later let me know. Thanks.

Nah it's not your fault. We'll see if we can do it later! :)

Roto13

I started playing this morning and was like "What the hell, why is it Autumn?" Then I went inside and came out and it was Winter. :p Neat. Twist Mountain is pretty cool in Winter.
MrMephistoX said:
on now if you are ; )

784499649789800 is my code.
I think you just missed me.
Articalys said:
WINTER TIME FOR EAST COAST GAF

hooray

rsrA6l.jpg
I was kind of annoyed that I had to catch a whole new Deerling. They don't change their coats after you catch them. That means they won't all fit in their designated PC Box.

dc89

Hi! I'm currently training up before the elite four, and I'm looking for someone with a Tirtouga? Just wondering if anyone could trade.

I don't really have anything special in return though, sorry! :(

isny

napkin dispenser
zoukka said:
I just got into the city where the cold storage area is. My team is Boldore, Pignite and Scolipede.

So Tynamo is rare and good? I'm up for some grind if it's good enough :b

Also I saw Electabuzz having a third form and Magnemite too D: They must be godly.

You're only using three? I'm actually using six for the first time, as it's so easy to level.

(I'm just past the spot you're at)

Heavy's Sandvich said:
How friendly is this game to newcomers?

This game is probably the most casual friendly one, as there is so much hand holding, and so many random people who heal your Pokemon. (And once you get Victini you don't really have to worry about much for awhile, lol)

Soule

Whoa didn't realize my friend code changed when I bought a 3DS? Explains sooooo much haha

EDIT: Added my new FC to the list in OP, is there some way to remove my old one or should I even bother?

Roto13

If I had two versions, I'd probably restart one of them a few times to get some Victinis. Those are going to be a pain in the ass to get after the event expires this month.
Soule said:
Whoa didn't realize my friend code changed when I bought a 3DS? Explains sooooo much haha

EDIT: Added my new FC to the list in OP, is there some way to remove my old one or should I even bother?
Ask Andrex to do it. :p

DMG-01

Roto13 said:
If I had two versions, I'd probably restart one of them a few times to get some Victinis. Those are going to be a pain in the ass to get after the event expires this month.
Do you know if those tickets last through playthroughs? On my Japanese Black I have the ability unlocked to fight Victini, but I haven't yet. So if I restart my save will I be able to catch it in the other playthrough?

MrMephistoX

Roto13 said:
I started playing this morning and was like "What the hell, why is it Autumn?" Then I went inside and came out and it was Winter. :p Neat. Twist Mountain is pretty cool in Winter.
I think you just missed me.

I was kind of annoyed that I had to catch a whole new Deerling. They don't change their coats after you catch them. That means they won't all fit in their designated PC Box.
No worries I accidentally sent my 3DS code earlier by mistake but PMed and posted the Pokemon code a page back.

Roto13

I can go online right now and finally give these to you. My friend code is number 53 on the list. (Bottom of the first post.) Go wait for me. :p
DMG-01 said:
Do you know if those tickets last through playthroughs? On my Japanese Black I have the ability unlocked to fight Victini, but I haven't yet. So if I restart my save will I be able to catch it in the other playthrough?
Probably not.

MrMephistoX

Roto13 said:
I can go online right now and finally give these to you. My friend code is number 53 on the list. (Bottom of the first post.) Go wait for me. :p
Probably not.
378289904170 cool popping on soon might have to leave abruptly sine I head to work in 20 appologies in advance.

Soule

Is there any possible way to get darkrai anymore? From what I gather it was an event pokemon which is done and dusted and being a legendary it would seem you can't breed it. Is this pokemon legitimately unattainable for me now?

MrMephistoX

Roto13 said:

Lol could I meet up with you again sometime soon? I was kind of in a hurry and forgot to catch some filler pokemon for trade. Kinda need my Ibex (purple cat if I got the name wrong) since I assigned a TM to it :(

Edit: never mind it's an HM I'll just catch another one.

I just got to the village bridge and I loooove the music there. Is this the first time we've had a voice in a pokemon tune?

They should try that more often. Oh, and I got my hands on the energy ball TM and Toxic. I love unbreakable TM.
zoukka said:
Lucky Egg messes with EV's rite?
Not as far as I remember.

Roto13

MrMephistoX said:
Lol could I meet up with you again sometime soon? I was kind of in a hurry and forgot to catch some filler pokemon for trade. Kinda need my Ibex (purple cat if I got the name wrong) since I assigned a TM to it :(
It's at level 10 or something. It would probably be easier for you to just fight an audino and raise a new one. And TMs are reusable in this game.

MrMephistoX

Roto13 said:
It's at level 10 or something. It would probably be easier for you to just fight an audino and raise a new one. And TMs are reusable in this game.

Yeah no worries I thought it was lost but figured it out: will catch another one thanks again man.

zoukka said:
But leveling faster means less fights and less gained EV???
This matters much less now that you can gain EVs at level 100. (It's also unlikely you'd battle your way to 100 without getting 510 anyway.)

W1SSY

So I ventured into the GTS negotiations last night and got a lot of new pokemon for my pokedex. Mainly a lot of old ones but someone traded me Cobalion and Virizion for a snivy and zorua. After I realized a lot of people really wanted zorua I bred a bunch and proceded to trade for a lot of things. Obviously some people already have zorua and that makes for a fast end to a trade but usually the original starters seem to be good for trading. I just wish I had a better idea of what I cannot get in the game on my own.

HiddenWings said:
This matters much less now that you can gain EVs at level 100. (It's also unlikely you'd battle your way to 100 without getting 510 anyway.)
Huh? I thought EV gains could not be obtained at that level. You mean that EV training can be effective even at level 100 without reaching a new level?

That is pretty cool.
Roto13 said:
If you use the Lucky Egg in every single battle, you'll still max out on EVs long before you max out your level.
Yep, getting to level 100 requires a massive amount of experience. It's easy to get the full EV points before that.

Roto13

SolarPowered said:
Huh? I thought EV gains could not be obtained at that level. You mean that EV training can be effective even at level 100 without reaching a new level?

That is pretty cool.

Yep, getting to level 100 requires a massive amount of experience. It's easy to get the full EV points before that.
The bad thing about the experience scaling is that high level Pokemon get almost nothing from lower level fights, and there aren't many Pokemon that are higher than level 60 or 65.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom