• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoRéN

Sorry if posted but Pokemon black/white are $25 on amazon today. If you preordered on amazon and have the $10 credit to burn, could make the deal sweeter.

Delio

D-Pad said:
Just curious, why would you go for Adamant instead of something like say, Brave?

No real reason. I saw both Brave and Adamant are useful and just went with Adamant and thanks Andrex.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
NoRéN said:
Sorry if posted but Pokemon black/white are $25 on amazon today. If you preordered on amazon and have the $10 credit to burn, could make the deal sweeter.

Oooh... now might be the time to buy Black.

D-Pad

Delio said:
No real reason. I saw both Brave and Adamant are useful and just went with Adamant and thanks Andrex.
Ah, okay. Cool.

Another (fifth) batch of bad Amolomoalas. If the next one is also bad I may just settle for a neutral nature...

D-Pad

^ I know right?! Cause this mile-long bridge isn't cutting it. And D/P/PT hatch road >>>> R/S/E

DPPt>>>>RSE>>>>>>HG/SS>>>>>>>>erroroutofboundary... FRLG

I'ma try for a shiny Poochyena once I finish training. :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Thanks Vect. <3

D-Pad said:
^ I know right?! Cause this mile-long bridge isn't cutting it. And D/P/PT hatch road >>>> R/S/E

DPPt>>>>RSE>>>>>>HG/SS>>>>>>>>erroroutofboundary... FRLG

I'ma try for a shiny Poochyena once I finish training. :D

Where did they shoehorn the breeding path into Kanto?

D-Pad

ZT5i8.png

(4 Island)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Nope. Sapphire burned me out on Gen 3 completely. Skipped straight from that to Pearl.

Gravijah said:
Goddamn I love the GBA sprite work.

I like it, except for the people.

D-Pad

Well there were Seven islands. You visit the first three after you beat Blaine, and you go on a short mission to find this girl lost in the woods. After the Elite 4 you visit the other four, finish up some unfinished Team Rocket business, learn that Silver is Giovanni's son, catch gen II pokemon, and enable trading with Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

Oh, and also the awesome G/S/C music remakes.
Like 5 Island

Gravijah

So good!

Sadly, a lot of the HGSS remixes aren't as good as the originals. So I usually played with GB Sounds on most of the time once I unlocked it. Plus, it also meant I got to hear the awesome GB remix of the shop theme.

Edit: Funny thing is, one of the best songs in the game, Route 47, is much superior in it's "regular" form. Maybe because it wasn't actually created for GSC.

D-Pad

Andrex said:
Naw, that version has too much going on in it... and it still sounds flat.

Sa6ykm.jpg

Though yeah, most of the game's soundtrack was. Lots of squealing horns and GBA square waves backing everything. Not to mention the awesome snare. I love that snare. I ripped it from one of the songs.

This was perfect though. HG/SS's is too soft for me.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
So good!

Sadly, a lot of the HGSS remixes aren't as good as the originals. So I usually played with GB Sounds on most of the time onec I unlocked it. Plus, it also meant I got to hear the awesome GB remix of the shop theme.

Nah, HGSS definitely have the definitive versions. Dat piano and guitar. <3

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Nah, HGSS definitely have the definitive versions. Dat piano and guitar. <3

The Rival theme is definitely better, but that's because of the amazing percussion. Champion theme was a real let down for me though.

Edit: Maybe I'm being a bit too harsh. HGSS has a lot of good arrangements. But that goddamn Champion theme ruins it all!

D-Pad

MOTHER FUCK!!@#

I just fucking RELEASED the ONE Alomomola that had the nature I wanted! TEN FUCKING BATCHES, and I was FINALLY finished. FTS. I'm going to bed.
LLShC.gif

Well at least Izayoi had some good luck. But see the price? Equivalent exchange at work here, folks.

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
MOTHER FUCK!!@#

I just fucking RELEASED the ONE Alomomola that had the nature I wanted! TEN FUCKING BATCHES, and I was FINALLY finished. FTS. I'm going to bed.
LLShC.gif
Dude. :(

You want me to try and breed you one? I can't guarantee IVs but I can do natures.

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
Dude. :(

You want me to try and breed you one? I can't guarantee IVs but I can do natures.

Please! I know it sounds pathetic and shit when you have others breeding IVs and stuff but man. If you could breed me one that sacrifices speed for either defense or sp.def I would be forever grateful! With Pain Split (the one I traded you has pain split).

Plus this way it will grow faster!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
The Rival theme is definitely better, but that's because of the amazing percussion. Champion theme was a real let down for me though.

Edit: Maybe I'm being a bit too harsh. HGSS has a lot of good arrangements. But that goddamn Champion theme ruins it all!

Champion theme is great except it loops too quickly, which is a problem in the original too.

Regardless of any shortcomings the whole soundtrack is saved by this one track. As good as the ending theme for B/W (although you've stated your opinion on that...)

Gravijah said:
Speaking of IVs, what are theeeeeeey?

I'm 99% sure this will be answered by the time I post, but here goes...

Individual Values. From 0 to 31, every Pokemon has a set value of this for every stat. It is set at encounter time or when the egg is hatched. They intrinsically determine a Pokemon's strength, and can never be altered once a Pokemon is caught. During breeding, it is possible to pass a value down from a parent using a Power Item.

Edit- Unless I totally misread and you wanted to know Izayoi's Pokemon's specific IVs. In that case, refer to his post.

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
Please! I know it sounds pathetic and shit when you have others breeding IVs and stuff but man. If you could breed me one that sacrifices speed for either defense or sp.def I would be forever grateful! With Pain Split (the one I traded you has pain split).
I'll see what I can do.

So Relaxed or Sassy? Sure you have no preference? I'll see if I can hit good IVs for at least the stat you're looking for (have some 31 Dittos).

zoukka

Hmm can I evolve my Bouldore by trading it to someone and back?

Also I got Tynamo at level 26 or something. How big of a difference it is to breed Tynamo and train it from level 1 instead of going from here on forward? Are wild pokemans stats bad or something (I know they don't have EV's I suppose).

upandaway

Andrex said:
I'm 99% sure this will be answered by the time I post, but here goes...

Individual Values. From 0 to 31, every Pokemon has a set value of this for every stat. It is set at encounter time or when the egg is hatched. They intrinsically determine a Pokemon's strength, and can never be altered once a Pokemon is caught. During breeding, it is possible to pass a value down from a parent using a Power Item.

Edit- Unless I totally misread and you wanted to know Izayoi's Pokemon's specific IVs. In that case, refer to his post.
Hahahaha you messed up.

I'd edit this out in shame. But quoted so that you can't do that.

Hahahaha you messed up!

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
I'll see what I can do.

So Relaxed or Sassy? Sure you have no preference? I'll see if I can hit good IVs for at least the stat you're looking for (have some 31 Dittos).

Erm... Actually I dunno. Should I work off of the base stats? The Sp. Def is lower than the Def. So would it be worth it to try and up the Sp. Def? And its HP is really high... So should I ignore it and concentrate on another stat or bump it up even more?

Actually, HP please! I have a power weight and can pass it down again. :D

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
Erm... Actually I dunno. Should I work off of the base stats? The Sp. Def is lower than the Def. So would it be worth it to try and up the Sp. Def? And its HP is really high... So should I ignore it and concentrate on another stat or bump it up even more?
Well it depends. What kind of build are you going for? Just a straight wall or what?

D-Pad

^ Because then a water attack would be able to 1HKO it and Flanery wouldn't be able to abuse the hell out of smoke screen + attract.

Izayoi said:
Well it depends. What kind of build are you going for? Just a straight wall or what?

Yeah, wall.

yeb

How exactly do attacks like Earthquake and Rock Slide get affected in doubles battles? I know they're weaker against multiple targets, but is there just some percent of attack power they lose, or does it vary with different attacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom