• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Why aren't Illumise/Volbeat Bug/Electric?
Why isn't Torkoal Fire/Rock?

Why isn't Groudon fire/ground?

Only Sugimori knows! Or rather the designers, since apparently he just comes up with the designs, then they figure out the typing...

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Why isn't Groudon fire/ground?

Only Sugimori knows! Or rather the designers, since apparently he just comes up with the designs, then they figure out the typing...

Yeah, Groudon is a big one... Maybe they didn't want him to be 4X weak to Kyogre? Still dumb.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kyogre should have been Water/Air and Groudon should have been Fire/Rock. Would have evened out, even if it was a bit in Kyogre's favor...

yeb

yeb said:
How exactly do attacks like Earthquake and Rock Slide get affected in doubles battles? I know they're weaker against multiple targets, but is there just some percent of attack power they lose, or does it vary with different attacks?
Repost for getting stuck at the bottom of a page.

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
Yeah, wall.
You would be better off with Impish or Careful. You don't want to hurt its Speed anymore than you need to, and you certainly won't be using any Special Attacks with a paltry 40 base. Pain Split is also probably inadvisable with that much HP. I would recommend more of a stall/self healer.

You want Wish and Light Screen, at least. Maybe Toxic or Protect or if you decide against Wish, Refresh. For the last slot it's up to you, but if you want at least some offensive ability go with Waterfall or something.

Also for EVs probably 252DEF/252SpD/4HP or 4SPE

Andrex said:
Kyogre should have been Water/Air and Groudon should have been Fire/Rock. Would have evened out, even if it was a bit in Kyogre's favor...
Man, Air type. Such a good type.

<3

Styles

Gravijah said:
Yeah, Groudon is a big one... Maybe they didn't want him to be 4X weak to Kyogre? Still dumb.

Whoa, I didn't realise that until now. Groudon's got it rough.
LLShC.gif

D-Pad

@Izayoi: The HP thing didn't even come to mind when I was breeding down Pain Split, wow. This is harder than I thought!
KuGsj.gif

Do you think Jellicent will be a better choice for what I was going for there?

Also: Ya'll know Kyoger whoops off on Groudon's ass until Rayquaza shows up and sends them to their rooms.

Gravijah

yeb said:
Repost for getting stuck at the bottom of a page.

"Moves that hit multiple Pokémon have their power reduced to 75% of their normal base power unless all other Pokémon have fainted at that point. "

zoukka

zoukka said:
Hmm can I evolve my Bouldore by trading it to someone and back?

Also I got Tynamo at level 26 or something. How big of a difference it is to breed Tynamo and train it from level 1 instead of going from here on forward? Are wild pokemans stats bad or something (I know they don't have EV's I suppose).

Quoting myself because I don't know this shit :bbb

Gravijah

zoukka said:
Quoting myself because I don't know this shit :bbb

The only thing that makes a trained Pokemon stronger than an untrained one are EVs. And you can always get those, so it's not that big of a deal. And if you need someone to trade with you to evolve, I can give you a hand.

beje

Banned
What would be a good EV spread for a Drudiggon? Taking into account its sub-par speed I was thinking about 252 Att / 126 Def / 130 SpDef but I don't know if there's something better

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
beje said:
What would be a good EV spread for a Drudiggon? Taking into account its sub-par speed I was thinking about 252 Att / 126 Def / 130 SpDef but I don't know if there's something better

Looks good to me but I'm no expert. Any idea the nature you want?

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
@Izayoi: The HP thing didn't even come to mind when I was breeding down Pain Split, wow. This is harder than I thought!
KuGsj.gif

Do you think Jellicent will be a better choice for what I was going for there?

Also: Ya'll know Kyoger whoops off on Groudon's ass until Rayquaza shows up and sends them to their rooms.
Jellicent is a great Special Wall, especially with his unique typing. However he's far more offensive than than Alomomola. You'd be looking at a set with Surf and Will-O-Wisp or Boiling Water and Toxic with Recover and probably Shadow Ball or Ice Beam (or maybe Taunt if you're feeling adventurous). Bold nature for sure.

Andrex said:
It's 5:34 AM and I've been IV breeding and coding all night, what do you want. >_>
Hahaha.

Delio

Finally finished EV training my Karrablast. I'll have to evolve it when i find someone with a Shelmet. Late night Ev training ftw.

Also woo at surpassing the other pokethreads!

zoukka

Gravijah said:
The only thing that makes a trained Pokemon stronger than an untrained one are EVs. And you can always get those, so it's not that big of a deal. And if you need someone to trade with you to evolve, I can give you a hand.

Thank you I am now trying to get my DS online for the first time, I'll holla when I succeed. I suppose I can't have anything yet you don't have, that you'd like to have :b

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
Jellicent is a great Special Wall, especially with his unique typing. However he's far more offensive than than Alomomola. You'd be looking at a set with Surf and Will-O-Wisp or Boiling Water and Toxic with Recover and probably Shadow Ball or Ice Beam (or maybe Taunt if you're feeling adventurous). Bold nature for sure.

That sounds much better! Could you breed me one of those please? In return I'll give you a Yawn + Curse + Superpower Tepig.

Articalys

Delio said:
Finally finished EV training my Karrablast. I'll have to evolve it when i find someone with a Shelmet. Late night Ev training ftw.

Also woo at surpassing the other pokethreads!
I would be delighted to provide the Shelmet. I'd just need a few minutes to breed one.

Delio

Izayoi said:

Hahaha.

My next project right there. Although i;m not sure what a good doubles set would be..protect is a must of course.

zoukka

Oh one quick question, my DS is loaned from a friend. When I want to use online features, I'm not stuck on this machine rite? It's all cartridge situational? I am asked to set a friend code in the poke center...

D-Pad

^ You'll be forced to start a new game if you change DS systems, unfortunately.

Izayoi said:
Sure thing, I'll let you know when I have one.

Thanks a lot! I'm actually heading to bed now though, so take your time. :p

Delio

Articalys said:
I would be delighted to provide the Shelmet. I'd just need a few minutes to breed one.

Ty i sadly didnt have any of the other pokemon you wanted. I havent gotten around to evolving them. Anything else you looking for? And my code is 3911-7388-7437

Articalys

Delio said:
Ty i sadly didnt have any of the other pokemon you wanted. I havent gotten around to evolving them. Anything else you looking for?
If by some chance you had Tornadus I could borrow for a minute to get Landorus. Alternatively, a Cofagrigus.
If neither, that's fine, I'll be in wifi within about six minutes. right now. FC is in the list.

Izayoi

Banned
Fucking VPNs are so slow this download is taking so long someone kill me.

D-Pad said:
^ You'll be forced to start a new game if you change DS systems, unfortunately.

Thanks a lot! I'm actually heading to bed now though, so take your time. :p
Good deal. I'll have it whenever I wake up tomorrow, probably.

zoukka

If I don't use the online, it won't register any system data to the cartridge? It said that "do you want to register the set" when I tried wi-fi. I haven't agreed yet.

So can I still change the machine?

Delio

Articalys said:
If by some chance you had Tornadus I could borrow for a minute to get Landorus. Alternatively, a Cofagrigus.
If neither, that's fine, I'll be in wifi within about six minutes.

Sure you can borrow my Tornadus for a lil bit.

Articalys

Delio said:
Sure you can borrow my Tornadus for a lil bit.
Thanks a bunch! I'll run off to the shrine and be back within the half hour.

Aaaaand we're back after that brief outage. At the shrine now, gonna give it my best shot and just Master it if I can't get it after several rounds.

Gravijah

zoukka said:
Maintenance. And thanks for the info. Which NPC I should talk in the center to get into trading with you?

Well, first I need your FC and you'll need mine! Which happens to be in your pal pad.

4813 6217 8362

Delio

Articalys said:
Thanks a bunch! I'll run off to the shrine and be back within the half hour.

Aaaaand we're back after that brief outage. At the shrine now, gonna give it my best shot and just Master it if I can't get it after several rounds.

Alright ! Sorry about the first trade my friend had Tornadus and i had to get him to send it back to me.

Articalys

Delio said:
Alright ! Sorry about the first trade my friend had Tornadus and i had to get him to send it back to me.
No problem, I'm doing alright since I just caught Landorus. Only took about 8 Dusk Balls, and one of those was even a critical capture it broke out of! Must be good karma paying back after that outage.
Will run back to the wifi center and be there in about 5 minutes.

Delio

Articalys said:
No problem, I'm doing alright since I just caught Landorus. Only took about 8 Dusk Balls, and one of those was even a critical capture it broke out of! Must be good karma paying back after that outage.
Will run back to the wifi center and be there in about 5 minutes.

Bleh wifi is being silly right now.

Delio

Articalys said:
Yeah, no kidding... I swear I'll get this Tornadus back to you one way or another though.

You might need to disconnect and reconnect. Sometimes that helps if not we can always wait.

Merovin

This game is making me realise how awful I am at building a team, mainly due to my inability to make a decision and get to work!

zoukka

I can't get online today, thanks for everyone who helped.

I did however Audino grind my Tynamo into Eelectric who is awesome. It's pretty broken how you can just run on the wooden planks without fighting and just jumping on top of shaking grass tiles to fight with Audino. Just before celestial tower you can do this.

Roto13

Articalys said:
That reminds me, I found this from Veekun's main page today:

http://thanksbulbapedia.tumblr.com/
That's fantastic. Bulbapedia is a great source but there's a lot of stupid shit at the bottom of pretty much every page.

"No two members of the [Sinnoh version mascot] trio have the same number of legs. Even when one considers Giratina Origin Forme this remains true, as Origin Forme Giratina has no legs, Palkia has two, Dialga has four, and Altered Forme Giratina has six."
"Lake Valor is the only Sinnoh lake that is not entered from the south."
"The only Pokémon that can have Honey Gather naturally or as their Hidden Ability are from even-numbered generations."
Shut uuuuuuuuupppppp

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Alright, my next EV training project is...

Carracosta@Choice Band
Solid Rock, Adamant
252 Hp, 252 Atk, 4 SpD
-Aqua Jet/Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Crunch

Need to get some money for Vitamins and earn the EV Training Items from the Subway first, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom