• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Watch Da Birdie said:
Alright, my next EV training project is...

Carracosta@Choice Band
Solid Rock, Adamant
252 Hp, 252 Atk, 4 SpD
-Aqua Jet/Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Crunch

Need to get some money for Vitamins and earn the EV Training Items from the Subway first, though.
Wait, you did Pansear without them? That must have taken FOREVER.

Roto13

I think I'm just going to go through my PC boxes and raise whatever I happen to like up to level 80 or so, just so I have a lot of Pokemon to choose from for random battling and things. No EV training, though.

First up: Venusaur.

Wiseblade

Roto13 said:
I think I'm just going to go through my PC boxes and raise whatever I happen to like up to level 80 or so, just so I have a lot of Pokemon to choose from for random battling and things. No EV training, though.

First up: Venusaur.

Bad taste confirmed. :p

Roto13

Wiseblade said:
Bad taste confirmed. :p
Yes, yes, yes, we've already confirmed that you have awful taste in Pokemon and the Empoleon avatar is just misdirection. It's a very boring topic at this point.

Masked Man

I said wow
Andrex said:
Nah, HGSS definitely have the definitive versions. Dat piano and guitar. <3

Yesyesyes. The National Park remix alone is musical bliss. I'm all for GSC nostalgia, and the soundtrack /is/ fantastic, but HGSS just brings out so many nuances from the original compositions that I have to give it the edge.

Renoir

... man its kind of hard to keep up with this thread, pages move so fast.

but i could have swear that some one said he would help with my noobiness.
so here it goes.

EV: ??

if a pokemon gets traded and evolves.. wont i lose that pokemon trough the trade?

how do i see my friend code?

Gravijah

Renoir said:
... man its kind of hard to keep up with this thread, pages move so fast.

but i could have swear that some one said he would help with my noobiness.
so here it goes.

EV: ??

if a pokemon gets traded and evolves.. wont i lose that pokemon trough the trade?

how do i see my friend code?

1) If you're new to Pokemon, don't worry about EVs. That's something you want to dig into post-game.

2) You can just trade the Pokemon back

3) Pal Pad, a key item. You should get it in the 2nd town, I think.

I've read people saying how money isn't a problem once you've beat the elite 4, something to do with relic castle. What do you have to do there for cash? Cheers.

Renoir

Gravijah said:
1) If you're new to Pokemon, don't worry about EVs. That's something you want to dig into post-game.

2) You can just trade the Pokemon back

3) Pal Pad, a key item. You should get it in the 2nd town, I think.

kk.
thank you.

Gravijah

J Tourettes said:
I've read people saying how money isn't a problem once you've beat the elite 4, something to do with relic castle. What do you have to do there for cash? Cheers.

It's the uhm
underground ruin place off of Undella Bay. I forget the name, but it's filled with tons of items that can sell for as much as 300,000 dollars.

Harpuia

Its impossible to play that flash game for the evee-lutions with my craptacular mouse.
LLShC.gif

I just finished with my Axew breeding. It only took about forty five minutes which is a nice contrast to Deino which required six hours and four boxes brimming with failures. I hope the next four are more like Axew.

Gravijah said:
It's the uhm
underground ruin place off of Undella Bay. I forget the name, but it's filled with tons of items that can sell for as much as 300,000 dollars.
Ah, ok. Thanks, completely forgot about that.

Zertez

Does any have a female Squirtle or Bulbasaur for trade please. I really need them to breed with a couple of Pokemon. I have all Gen 5 and Gen 4 starters, almost everything in White for trade outside of lengendaries and some random other Pokemon from other generations. I can also offer items like evolution stones and HP/PP up.

I will also send back a lvl female or a nature you want, so you will not lose a breeding Pokemon. If anyone can help, please let me know my FC is 4813 6451 3885

Renoir

i read that its frowned upon to use your legends/unique pokemon in live battles.
is that true?

I really like thundurus and Larvesta.

Wiseblade

Zertez said:
Does any have a female Squirtle or Bulbasaur for trade please. I really need them to breed with a couple of Pokemon. I have all Gen 5 and Gen 4 starters, almost everything in White for trade outside of lengendaries and some random other Pokemon from other generations. I can also offer items like evolution stones and HP/PP up.

I will also send back a lvl female or a nature you want, so you will not lose a breeding Pokemon. If anyone can help, please let me know my FC is 4813 6451 3885

Or, how about I give you a male Squirtle, Bulbasaur and a Ditto to breed them with.

Renoir said:
i read that its frowned upon to use your legends/unique pokemon in live battles.
is that true?

Nobody will/should mind if you want to use Volcarona. Someone complaining about Thundurus is equally unlikely, but if they happen to use Dragonite/Tyranitar/Metagross/Salamence/Garchomp/Hydriegon then you can call them out for being a hypocrite.

Zertez

Renoir said:
is that true?

In a lot of cases, legendaries are frowned upon especially when not everyone has access to past legendaries. I really like Arceus, but it is easy to see why it isnt fair to use him in live battles.

I've been IV breeding Staryu recently and I finally got a really good one.

Timd
28~29
18~19

But of course it has Illuminate. Fuck me. Why can't Staryu breed with each other and why didn't Illuminate get "enhanced" like Sturdy did in gen V? Blah. :\

Gravijah

Renoir said:
is that true?

Larvesta is not a legendary, so he is fine. Stuff like Thundurus are usually fine, too.

Zertez

I found this list of banned moves and pokemon, not sure how accurate it is though.

Moves
All moves that increase Evasion only (e.g. Minimize)
All instant OHKO moves (e.g. Horn Drill)

Abilities
Inconsistent
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Species
Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys-A
Deoxys
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Lugia
Manaphy
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Zekrom

Wiseblade

Zertez said:
That will work as well thanks, what can I give you in return?
If you happen to have a Seismitoad lying around I won't say no to that, but I'm not really looking for anything. Give me a minute to breed these guys off for you and I'll be on soon.

Renoir

Gravijah said:
Larvesta is not a legendary, so he is fine. Stuff like Thundurus are usually fine, too.

i like this answer . lol.

edit:
Also, is there any way to get the other starter pokemons in this game?
I can find a cool water pokemon ie: tentacruel , so now i really wish i had ashawott, cuz there are loot cooler looking fire pokemons.

Zertez

Wiseblade said:
If you happen to have a Seismitoad lying around I won't say no to that, but I'm not really looking for anything. Give me a minute to breed these guys off for you and I'll be on soon.
I have a lvl 31 Palpitoad, it will take me a couple minutes to get him to 36 to evolve.

Gravijah

"Pokémon can now gain effort values from battling even at level 100, as stats are recalculated at the end of every battle, instead of just on level up, much like Deoxys in the Generation III games."

Huh. Didn't know that.

D-Pad

^ Why would they make it true for Deoxys and not anyone else? Sounds like more work to me. - Ah, well I guess not really.

How many Entralink missions can you do each day?

D-Pad said:
^ Why would they make it true for Deoxys and not anyone else? Sounds like more work to me. - Ah, well I guess not really.

How many Entralink missions can you do each day?

I did at least 7 yesterday.

D-Pad

Nice! Thanks.

Wow! White Forest looks amazing now. My sister's gonna be pissed when she reaches Black City and finds that I dragged everyone here.
KuGsj.gif

Renoir said:
is that true?

I mean, it makes sense. Some legendaries are stronger than others though so not all are banned.

Renoir

CoffeeJanitor said:
I mean, it makes sense. Some legendaries are stronger than others though so not all are banned.
i Just felt that some "legendary" pokemons aren't really legendary.
like thundurus i dont feel like hes legendary per say, hes more unique.
hes stats arent even all that.

also.

I can find a cool water pokemon ie: tentacruel , so now i really wish i had ashawott, cuz there are lot cooler looking fire pokemons.

maxxpower

Just beat the Elite Four and I gotta say, this game has been truly been a breath of fresh air. I don't think I can ever go back to the previous versions(except for the nostalgia).

isny

napkin dispenser
maxxpower said:
Just beat the Elite Four and I gotta say, this game has been truly been a breath of fresh air. I don't think I can ever go back to the previous versions(except for the nostalgia).

You know you'll buy Red/Blue/Yellow when they release them through 3DSWare, lol

Morokh

little question :

If I buy an UK version of Pokemon Black, it is still a PAL version right ? so I won't have any region problem because the game is DSi-enhanced.
And the 'mons from this version will count as coming from a foreign country for Masuda method ?

am I right ? :p

KingK

Renoir said:
i Just felt that some "legendary" pokemons aren't really legendary.
like thundurus i dont feel like hes legendary per say, hes more unique.
hes stats arent even all that.

also.

I can find a cool water pokemon ie: tentacruel , so now i really wish i had ashawott, cuz there are lot cooler looking fire pokemons.

The only way to get the other starters is by trading with someone.

isny

napkin dispenser
Morokh said:
little question :

If I buy an UK version of Pokemon Black, it is still a PAL version right ? so I won't have any region problem because the game is DSi-enhanced.
And the 'mons from this version will count as coming from a foreign country for Masuda method ?

am I right ? :p

If you buy a UK release of Pokemon Black it will not work on a 3DS from any other region. It should work on any region DS/DSi though.

MooMoo

Btw, this game is on sale on Amazon for $25 as part of their gold box deal. I knew I should have waited x.X

Anyways, I'm up to the second gym leader in this game. Avoiding any guides or anything makes the game feel a lot more fresh since usually I already know what dream team I want. The two weirdest things has got to be the fact that they removed toggling running shoes and the fact that they took out the L=A option, which made it easy to play the game with one hand. It's also weird how the game holds your hand and is like "oh, we'll conveniently place this one pokemon here so you can definitely beat the gym leader without a sweat!"

Morokh

isny said:
If you buy a UK release of Pokemon Black it will not work on a 3DS from any other region. It should work on any region DS/DSi though.

Well since I live in France which is PAL land too i guess that applies to be the same 'region'

D-Pad said:

Up until now GameFreak has been all about being a pain in the ass. Despite a few things that can still be considered a hassle this time around, Gen V actually lets you do stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom