• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVIDICAN

ShikaTheReaper said:
Is always worth a try. I know ill get pwned but theres a chance i might not XD
Why don't we have another tourney for people who lose the first round? :D

Edit: I wish you luck then. :eek:
I recommend setting flat rules. lol.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Firestorm said:
Guys! Please join the Smogon VGC Tournament! Pokemon Online so you don't even need to use your DS and train for it.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103235

Also, I can push back the tournament here a bit if anyone wants more time. I could sure use it haha

That'd be helpful, Obsessed is helping me with my team but he doesn't have spring break until like the 15th.

D-Pad

'Sup guys?

Firestorm said:
Also, I can push back the tournament here a bit if anyone wants more time. I could sure use it haha

Yes, please! Otherwise I'll have to drop and I know how much you're all looking forward to losing to me.

(I'll miss your avi the most, btw)

UberTag

Firestorm said:
Guys! Please join the Smogon VGC Tournament! Pokemon Online so you don't even need to use your DS and train for it.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103235

I'll stay in the tourney if the date gets pushed back a bit.

I'll still get smoked by the superpowered Hydreigons Andrex and JVIDICAN will be unleashing, but I'll at least have a chance to field a team that's semi-competitive. ^^;

JVIDICAN

UberTag said:
I'll stay in the tourney if the date gets pushed back a bit.

I'll still get smoked by the superpowered Hydreigons Andrex and JVIDICAN will be unleashing, but I'll at least have a chance to field a team that's semi-competitive. ^^;
My tourney team wont be using the Hydreigon, I have much worse in store . >:}
lol.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hydreigon ain't no thang... just make sure your team has a Dragon or Ice move and a Pokemon good enough to use it... And since this is doubles you effectively double the amount of moves you can use at any one time.

Just upgraded my avatar thanks to you guys. I only browse this thread and the MvC3 one as of late and I never would have figured it out on my own until way later.

I've got to EV train a few pokemon and then the great migration to gen V can begin...

Firestorm

Holy Order Sol said:
VGC tournaments are all doubles? I'll just pass on them all then.
Give it a shot man. I thought I'd find Singles much more fun until I actually tried it. So many different strategies to try out. So many more viable Pokemon and attacks as a result. Not to mention this is what Nintendo actually balances for so none of that bullshit that goes on at Smogon plays a part in these rules.

I'll push back the tournament until May 2nd.

Butane123

ColtraineGF said:
Actually, I have a question:

Does Flight Jewel do its boost and disappear before, or after you use Acrobatics?
Before. It boosts the attack, and acrobatics still retains its 110 base attack as if you never had an item.

KarmaCow

So I finally beat the game and the White Forest is barren. It took ~65 hours (that has to include sleep time right?) but there is literally no grass at all. Is there anyway to get grass other than extralink because the whole reason I bought White over Black was so I could catch pokemon.

JVIDICAN

Andrex said:
Hydreigon ain't no thang... just make sure your team has a Dragon or Ice move and a Pokemon good enough to use it... And since this is doubles you effectively double the amount of moves you can use at any one time.
Don't forget fighting! :O

Firestorm

The foe's Chandelure used Imprison!
The foe's Chandelure sealed the opponent's move(s)!

Reuniclus cannot use the sealed Imprison!

aaaaaaaaaaaa

Also I can't believe it's taken me this long to start battling again. I forgot how much I loved doubles Pokemon <3 I should really finish Black.

btkadams

i've never had this many pokemon in the pokedex before (480). it'll be truly awesome when i actually get them all. i'm stoked to play through white in a couple months and be able to start with a totally customized team of pokemon (no starters).

btkadams said:
i've never had this many pokemon in the pokedex before (480). it'll be truly awesome when i actually get them all. i'm stoked to play through white in a couple months and be able to start with a totally customized team of pokemon (no starters).
Too bad you can't bring any any of the older 'Mons until you beat the game. >_>

btkadams

The Broken Ska Record said:
Too bad you can't bring any any of the older 'Mons until you beat the game. >_>
uh yeah you can. i'll trade anything i want to white from my black copy. you can't use poketransfer until after the main story but you can trade anything once you gain the ability to trade.

but that won't matter anyways since i'll likely play through white with only pokemon from the black/white dex. they're my favourites anyways.

Xavien

KarmaCow said:
So I finally beat the game and the White Forest is barren. It took ~65 hours (that has to include sleep time right?) but there is literally no grass at all. Is there anyway to get grass other than extralink because the whole reason I bought White over Black was so I could catch pokemon.

Sadly theres no other way, also what you have in the forest when you get there, depends on how long you took to reach it, the quicker you are, the more people will be in it and the more grass/water there will be (and the more pokemon you can catch). You also have a limit of 10 people at any one time (out of 30), so you can only catch a third of all the pokemon in the forest even if you fill it up.

Wish i knew that myself when i reached white forest, cause i would've gone from Nimbasa straight to the forest after the Elite4 instead of going the long-scenic route to it.

Soo, Im just gonna rent pokemon black and entralink with a fresh pokemon black save to fill up my forest (and grab some evolution stones), thats the plan anyways.

Firestorm said:
Give it a shot man. I thought I'd find Singles much more fun until I actually tried it. So many different strategies to try out. So many more viable Pokemon and attacks as a result. Not to mention this is what Nintendo actually balances for so none of that bullshit that goes on at Smogon plays a part in these rules.

I tried it and just figured it wasn't for me, just ask JVIDICAN how ridiculous that was XD. I seem to suck at managing anything involving doubles in some shape or form whether it's Pokémon, Smash or even fighting games with tag mechanics.

I'll take Smogon's bullshit (as stupid as it can get sometimes) over Item Clause as the standard too. Unova-only sounds interesting though.

Mush

Please feel free to laugh at me, but is there another way to update Pokemon Online without re-downloading the client every time there is an update?

KarmaCow

Xavien said:
Sadly theres no other way, also what you have in the forest when you get there, depends on how long you took to reach it, the quicker you are, the more people will be in it and the more grass/water there will be (and the more pokemon you can catch). You also have a limit of 10 people at any one time (out of 30), so you can only catch a third of all the pokemon in the forest even if you fill it up.

Wish i knew that myself when i reached white forest, cause i would've gone from Nimbasa straight to the forest after the Elite4 instead of going the long-scenic route to it.

Soo, Im just gonna rent pokemon black and entralink with a fresh pokemon black save to fill up my forest (and grab some evolution stones), thats the plan anyways.

Are there any cheats to fill up the forest (like faking a signal, dunno) because I really don't want to spend more money on this and no one I know close by plays pokemon, much less Black.

Ugh, this just really sours me on the whole experience. There was a lot of bullshit in this game but this might be the last straw. Might just go back to Strange Journey and fill up that pokedex instead.

JVIDICAN

Holy Order Sol said:
I tried it and just figured it wasn't for me, just ask JVIDICAN how ridiculous that was XD. I seem to suck at managing anything involving doubles in some shape or form whether it's Pokémon, Smash or even fighting games with tag mechanics.

I'll take Smogon's bullshit (as stupid as it can get sometimes) over Item Clause as the standard too. Unova-only sounds interesting though.
You did fine!
It was your first doubles match and really, don't base your skill on your battle with me. Ask anyone else who battled me how it went. :p

Xavien

KarmaCow said:
Are there any cheats to fill up the forest (like faking a signal, dunno) because I really don't want to spend more money on this and no one I know close by plays pokemon, much less Black.

Ugh, this just really sours me on the whole experience. There was a lot of bullshit in this game but this might be the last straw. Might just go back to Strange Journey and fill up that pokedex instead.

Don't think so, sorry man :( I'll never understand while game-freak made entralink a local wifi only feature, had the potiential to be awesome.

Firestorm

Holy Order Sol said:

Just put together some Pokemon using the Analyses on Smogon's VGC Analyses forum and try your luck on PO.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Especially if you're near an event. Soo much fun. I'm flying my ass to Indianapolis this year for a reason!

Some warstories that may make you wanna go:

My experience
Grandaddy of 'em all.

KarmaCow

Xavien said:
Don't think so, sorry man :( I'll never understand while game-freak made entralink a local wifi only feature, had the potiential to be awesome.

I guess the wanted a new incentive to get your friends to buy the games now that you can trade online.

Anyways, thanks for the help. I expected at least some grass but I guess using the same cart in two different 3DSs counted as cheating with the clock.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I was going to make an all-gen singles tourney right after Firestorm's, now I wonder if I should do this it before his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom