• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to hurry up and play the post-game stuff. I just viewed the credits the first time and that was that. I wonder what I should GIF from the Pokemon games <3 I've been having a lot of fun making my gif avatars.

The Broken Ska Record said:
It's still going to take time, and I like how fast it is now. They probably just need to work on a better way for it to disappear, like "falling" or something.

What I had in mind was the way the life bar falls off in SoulCalibur. Fast, you get a good sense of the % of damage you just dealt, and OHKOing Blissey wouldn't keep you waiting long enough to kill it three times over.

Oh wow, some people actually play with the animations on? Haha, holy shit. Sometimes I'll turn them on for gym battles but on all the time? For wild encounters and everything?

That's gotta be horribly slow.

Blue_Gecko said:
Oh wow, some people actually play with the animations on? Haha, holy shit. Sometimes I'll turn them on for gym battles but on all the time? For wild encounters and everything?

It's not so bad, usually. Mostly when it comes to Triple Battles with different abilities like Intimidate and weather like Hail/Sandstorm every fucking round.

Holy Order Sol said:
What I had in mind was the way the life bar falls off in SoulCalibur. Fast, you get a good sense of the % of damage you just dealt, and OHKOing Blissey wouldn't keep you waiting long enough to kill it three times over.
That's it! I couldn't remember the game that had the "falling" health like that, but I agree that would make it move faster. Plus give the added bonus of feeling awesome when you OHKO something.

DMG-01

With parents of 31 in Atk, SpD, and Spe:

HP: 18 - 19
Att: 31
Def: 28 - 29
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

HP: 22 - 23
Att: 31
Def: 26 - 27
SpA: 20 - 23
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

The pokemon is physical only, so I'm choosing the second to use, but the first will make a great father for other species. My best breeds ever in a total of 2-3 hours. :)

Roto13

-Pyromaniac- said:
So I pretty much did everything there is to do in black/white aside from finishing the pokedex and was kind of excited to play to Heart Gold, so I start it and good fucking lord I don't think I can play this game now :( It's just so slow. The battling is molasses levels of slow, it's crazy noticeable. Don't think I can go backwards after black. I guess the saying is right.
Play Diamon or Pearl for an hour (which is about one battle) and HeartGold will feel a lot faster. :p

MicH

Blue_Gecko said:

I've always played with animations on. Never once turned them off. I don't know why, I just like to see how the moves look like etc. However, now I can't even play SoulSilver with animations on anymore. Sooo slow.

I never really noticed how much faster B/W is compared to Plat/HG/SS. It could be that I have been concurrently playing both Black and Platinum at the same time, but it never felt that different.

Well, besides not having to know if it is raining every turn or not.

Seriously gamefreak should put a speed up button on that shit emulator style. Make it one of the shoulder buttons. Would make grinding a joy, would be totally optional, speed up pokeball throws, lots of other uses.

Am I the only one that would appreciate this?

I'm jumping back playing HG now. And while playing pearl and HG side by side HG is way faster. Even when I did white and HG side by side, white blew the pants off it. Even the bike is on hyper speed in white.

-Pyromaniac- said:
Seriously gamefreak should put a speed up button on that shit emulator style. Make it one of the shoulder buttons. Would make grinding a joy, would be totally optional, speed up pokeball throws, lots of other uses.

Am I the only one that would appreciate this?

I'd love this feature. I'm still crying about the lack of L=A in white. Haven't figured out the logical reason behind that.

I can't eat while playing Pokémon anymore. :(
makes playing on two ds'es at once very hard and laying in bed on my side super uncomfortable.

Box management is much nicer in white.

Pearl had no touch integration, HG is horrendous with touch and trying to switch boxes across the top. White is perfect for the most port.

DMG-01

Super_Chicken said:
makes playing on two ds'es at once very hard and laying in bed on my side super uncomfortable.

Box management is much nicer in white.

Pearl had no touch integration, HG is horrendous with touch and trying to switch boxes across the top. White is perfect for the most port.
Y->Hold A and drag = move pokemon in bulk; it makes DP(Pt?) superior to every other DS box system. Why did you remove this, Gamefreak?!

One thing I hope for Gray/Gen VI is an "app" style touch screen where I can select what I need right from the bottom screen. That way I can select bike and easily select the Dowsing Rod/Item Finder faster.

upandaway

One thing I hope for Gray/Gen VI is an "app" style touch screen where I can select what I need right from the bottom screen. That way I can select bike and easily select the Dowsing Rod/Item Finder faster.
Pokemon menus will forever stay slow and clunky.

I don't know why, and I have no real proof or reason. I just can't imagine a Pokemon game which actually has intuitive and quick controls.

TUSR

Banned
upandaway said:
Pokemon menus will forever stay slow and clunky.

I don't know why, and I have no real proof or reason. I just can't imagine a Pokemon game which actually has intuitive and quick controls.
having to bind my items bag with X because if i hit y it closes the dowsing MCHN.

rage.

Yeah, it's kind of bullshit that although touch screen features are integrated, the game will never escape from using a half-assed half and half sort of system where you can't comfortably use one style of controls over the other.

I...wait, what? I thought I can only register one item to Y. :O

Nope in white, the item menus have check boxes. You can check upto 5 things and when you hit Y the menu pops up with the list of checked items. You can even check "key items" to open a specific part of the bag.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Man I love how the Day Care guy will call out to you when there's an egg ready, as opposed to having to stare to see if he's turned to the side like in DPPt. Really nice touch, GameFreak. :)

Xavien

Blue_Gecko said:

I didn't even notice the option till now... after catching nearly every pokemon in White and grinding each evolution..... <cry>

btkadams said:
how is it not delaying the next event? don't events start the day after one ends?

Heh. Not even close, especially outside of Japan.

2010 wi-fi Pokemon (US)
Shiny Pichu: March 10-25
Jirachi: June 26-July 16
Mew: October 15-30

Busaiku

HiddenWings said:

2010 wi-fi Pokemon (US)
It's only cause Pokemon International skipped like 2 dozen events.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HiddenWings said:

2010 wi-fi Pokemon (US)

Lati@s was August, and the Pokewalker routes (Champion's Path and Yellow Forest) were April and May respectively. They kept it going at a good clip until September.

Andrex said:
Lati@s was August, and the Pokewalker routes (Champion's Path and Yellow Forest) were April and May respectively. They kept it going at a good clip until September.

I forgot about those, I was pulling from a list that was just pokemon distributions (Lati@s was an item). Having said that, did we ever get all of the Pokewalker routes? I don't remember getting any after yellow forest.

Even so, getting the events at all is a big step up from the olden days. Maybe with a new generation we'll get events in a semi-timely fashion?

hermit7

Would anyone with White be willing to loan a Thunderus for like 5 minutes so I could capture the third one?

I would lend out my Tornadus if needed afterwards.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
hermit7 said:
Would anyone with White be willing to loan a Thunderus for like 5 minutes so I could capture the third one?

I would lend out my Tornadus if needed afterwards.

EDIT- OOPS! I forgot I haven't caught him yet. Sorry dude.

Fewr

Hmm.. I spent hours last weekend playing the breakout game, trying to get an umbreon and couldn't get it. This morning I got it and espeon for my sister both in my first try. :-|

Anyway, progress report:
Gym Badges: 5
Seen: 102
Obtained: 96

I've seen a candle pokémon and a green one coming, they look ok.
I've started a tympole factory that has gotten me plenty of pokémon I needed. If anyone wants a female tympole to get your own factory started let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom