• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
KarmaCow said:
So I finally beat the game and the White Forest is barren. It took ~65 hours (that has to include sleep time right?) but there is literally no grass at all. Is there anyway to get grass other than extralink because the whole reason I bought White over Black was so I could catch pokemon.

Sleep time doesn't count towards that time. Join the club I just broke 100 hours on white today. I also broke 40 on heart gold (started 2 weeks ago). And all my other copies, (saphire, ruby, leaf green and pearl) are all around 120-140 hours each... fack I've spent lots of time on teh pokemans!

btkadams said:
i've never had this many pokemon in the pokedex before (480). it'll be truly awesome when i actually get them all. i'm stoked to play through white in a couple months and be able to start with a totally customized team of pokemon (no starters).

I'm at around ~570. I can start to taste the finish line!

JVIDICAN

Andrex said:
Of course, I now know I would lose in the first round anyways...
I probably wouldn't be able to participate anyways , so no worries :p
But I shall take on the champion! >:O

Additional note: My singles wi-fi record isn't even that great.. 50 wins, 56 loses. lol.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Izayoi said:
This Pokemon may not be offered for trade (13267)!

I'm going to snap my DS in half.
This quote is from page 161. I just ran into this same error when I was trying to trade a Nosepass on the GTS. I went to the nickname changer (house on the left as you exit Castelia through the north) and changed its name to "Nosey." Then it let me trade!

So in my case it was the game not wanting me to trade with what it thought was a banned word in the Pokemon's nickname. Maybe that's what error 13267 is?

Lombre - #271 (Jolly)
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 15
SpA: 2
SpD: 24
Speed: 31

Now that's more like what I need. I'll EV train later, it's almost 10AM here and I need to get some sleep.

Cocopjojo said:
This quote is from page 161. I just ran into this same error when I was trying to trade a Nosepass on the GTS. I went to the nickname changer (house on the left as you exit Castelia through the north) and changed its name to "Nosey." Then it let me trade!

So in my case it was the game not wanting me to trade with what it thought was a banned word in the Pokemon's nickname. Maybe that's what error 13267 is?
Pretty sure it just means that the server is too busy.

MicH

Aww yeah, new avatar. Much better than my old one.

Delio said:
Hmm anyone got a good Bold Yamask? Maybe we decent to high defense Ivs?
I'm currently breeding Yamasks in hopes of a shiny one so I have tonne. However, to conserve box space, I only keep the Modest ones :p Most, if not all, have 31 SpAtk IV. Whenever I get a Bold one, I can keep it for you if you want.

Mush

I asked this over at Smogon, but got nothing back so far:

I was wondering if anyone has a Poke with Zero IV's in Speed that I can use for breeding purposes? I want to try out a Trick Room team (duh) as I've never used one before and I thought it might be fun for some lolz.

Mush

biggyfries said:
WTF? Caught a lvl 11 Musharna in the Dreamyard when I started my Black game.
0quhy.png

Wichu

Mush said:
I asked this over at Smogon, but got nothing back so far:

I was wondering if anyone has a Poke with Zero IV's in Speed that I can use for breeding purposes? I want to try out a Trick Room team (duh) as I've never used one before and I thought it might be fun for some lolz.
I can catch you a Ditto. Do you want a specific nature?

Victrix

*beard*
Anyone around who could trade my Timburr and Roggenrolla back and forth to me so I can get them evolved?

Still early in the story, so I don't have anything cool to trade, but I have a pair of female Gothita's from Black if any White players need her.

edit: I could also use a Ditto if someone has a spare, no matter how crappy, I want to make pokemonz babies!

Wichu

Victrix said:
Anyone around who could trade my Timburr and Roggenrolla back and forth to me so I can get them evolved?

Still early in the story, so I don't have anything cool to trade, but I have a pair of female Gothita's from Black if any White players need her.

edit: I could also use a Ditto if someone has a spare, no matter how crappy, I want to make pokemonz babies!
I hope you mean Gurdurr and Boldore. Timburr and Roggenrola evolve by level.
Anyway, I guess I can go on a bit of a Ditto hunt :) No guarantees on nature, though.
IVs, on the other hand... ;)

Victrix

*beard*
Yep, they're both in their second forms - 4126 5110 0614 is my FC

Don't care about IVs at all, he's purely there to be a pimp and make lots of pokemon babies so I can trade off stuff to Japan for hilarious random critters (seriously not having played since like R/S makes every trade like opening a christmas present)

MicH

AWWW YEEEAAAAAH!!!

After a few days of hatching, this baby finally appeared:

vylGi.jpg

Unfortunately, it has a HARDY nature :( Still good!

IVS:

Yamask - #562 (Hardy)
HP: 2 - 3
Att: 24 - 25
Def: 10 - 11
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 22 - 23
Speed: 12 - 13

Could have been much, much better.. but oh well.. STILL LOVE IT :D

Murkas

Fucking battle subway, was one fight away from the subway master and lost :(

Could have had another power item...

What's a good BP farming team, I'm currently using Azelf, Garchomp and Empoleon. They're doing ok for the most part.

O D I N

Gravijah said:
Show her your GAF avatar.

I second the notion. Karen Gillian FTW.

Anywho, could someone point me towards a good article explaining Dreamworld?

I wanna make a team centered around Ninetales "Drought" ability, which is obviously from DW.

I'm currently looking at;

Ninetales (duh)
Venusaur (Chlorophyll <3)
Tangrowth (Wall with Chlorophyll)
Cresellia (Moonlight+Sunlight+Calm Mind=GTFO)

Maybe Forretress as a lead. Rocks and what have you. I also love Garvantula(?) and Chandelure. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Wiseblade

I like where this thread is going.

O D I N said:
I second the notion. Karen Gillian FTW.

Anywho, could someone point me towards a good article explaining Dreamworld?

I wanna make a team centered around Ninetales "Drought" ability, which is obviously from DW.

I'm currently looking at;

Ninetales (duh)
Venusaur (Chlorophyll <3)
Tangrowth (Wall with Chlorophyll)
Cresellia (Moonlight+Sunlight+Calm Mind=GTFO)

Maybe Forretress as a lead. Rocks and what have you. I also love Garvantula(?) and Chandelure. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Have you though about using Solar Power Charizard and Chlorophyll Leafeon?

Cromat

Argh the day care deleted the move i'm trying to breed over....
Will the Move Relearn guy help me get it back? i'm guessing no.

Victrix

*beard*
Alright gotta go for awhile, I'll check back later for trades

edit: check that, I can keep my laptop near me, if someone wants to be my trade partner, I need to evolve two mons, and I'm looking for any ditto, nothing exciting to trade, FC 4126 5110 0614

Wichu

Cromat said:
Argh the day care deleted the move i'm trying to breed over....
Will the Move Relearn guy help me get it back? i'm guessing no.
If it's a level-up move, then yes; if it's an egg move, no. TMs can be retaught. Also, the moves passed on are set when the Pokémon enters the day care; even if the father forgets the move while in the day care, any eggs you get will still have it (until you remove the father from the day care).

Also, I just spent some time catching a bunch of Dittos. They're all Lv 53 with Mild nature, and may or may not have flawless IVs :O
So, anyone who wants to do some IV breeding (or just wants a Ditto), let me know, and I can give you one.

The steps in RNG manipulation sound like some crazy cheat code from back in the day. For example:
CHEAT TO GET A MAX STAT DITTO IN POKEMON WHITE (ENGLISH ONLY)
1. Save in the normal (light green) grass inside Giant Hole.
2. Change your DS clock to 4th May 2011, 4:59 AM.
3. At exactly 4:59:08, start the game while holding down Select and Y.
4. Don't turn on the C-Gear or the cheat won't work.
5. Walk exactly four steps/turns in the grass.
6. Now, save the game.
7. Walk a further 6 steps/turns in the grass.
8. You'll suddenly find a wild level 53 Ditto; catch it.
9. Congratulations! You have caught a Ditto with the highest stats possible! Now go abuse it in the day care for the rest of its life.
Also, this only works if you use a DS Lite for some reason.

Cromat

Wichu said:
If it's a level-up move, then yes; if it's an egg move, no. TMs can be retaught. Also, the moves passed on are set when the Pokémon enters the day care; even if the father forgets the move while in the day care, any eggs you get will still have it (until you remove the father from the day care).

Meh.. I was thinking of replacing the mother I currently have with a better one, and to do that I need to take out the father and give up on the Egg move.

Another question: I tried breeding a female Dream World Vulpix with Ditto, but the Dream World ability was never passed down. Maybe it doesn't work with Ditto?

Wichu

Gravijah said:
Yes. 4813 6217 8362
You know, we should really be using the Google Docs spreadsheet instead of having to type out our FCs each time :p
0991 1690 8419 anyway. I'll be on in a minute or two.

EDIT: Also, anyone else for a Ditto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom