• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roto13 said:
On the main page of the Pokemon GL site, you can click "customize" to change your Pokedex skin. I'm not entirely sure how to actually get your skin to change in game, though. I'm guessing you have to do it on the site and then go to Game Sync from the C-Gear, but I apparently won't be able to do that again until tomorrow. :p

Yeah I was messing around with that while waiting for my pokemon to fall asleep. My game updated when I woke her up. Got the new skin and new musical.

Learning about RNG Reporter and WOW! There is a whole other side to things o_O

I think I'm getting the idea behind it (I was able to get the exact same Pokemon 2 times out of the 4 times I tested it)

Now if only I could find out of to do it for shiny eggs. :/

Xavien

just did the dream world thing, Interesting.

Is there no way to pick up more than one pokemon from the dream tree? Also, does the game sync recharge at midnight or is on a 24 hour timer?

Grabbed myself an oddish but i failed a game (hide and seek, didn't realize you could change screens) :(

EDIT: damn didn't realize you could choose to run around some more after getting to the dream tree as long as you dont make a wish :p

MicH

I have no friends in the Dream World /cry :(

I managed to snag a female Rattata with Hustle on my Black Version. Does that mean I can breed more Hustle Rattatas?

Roto13

Black-Wind said:
What are they talking about I ran out of energy? I JUST got on ... it had only been like 3 mins. >:/
Yeah, if you leave to come back later, you can play more, but if you leave and send a Pokemon to the Entralink forest (or probably even if you don't), you're done for the day.
Xavien said:
just did the dream world thing, Interesting.

Is there no way to pick up more than one pokemon from the dream tree? Also, does the game sync recharge at midnight or is on a 24 hour timer?

Grabbed myself an oddish but i failed a game (hide and seek, didn't realize you could change screens) :(
24 hour timer. >_> Boo.

yeb

Does Global Link dislike changing the clock for RNG abuse? It tells me I'm already out of energy for the day, when I haven't even started it yet.

On that note, I RNG'd a shiny Durant. I need to figure out how to control which pokemon I encounter, though...

JVIDICAN

yeb said:
Does Global Link dislike changing the clock for RNG abuse? It tells me I'm already out of energy for the day, when I haven't even started it yet.

On that note, I RNG'd a shiny Durant. I need to figure out how to control which pokemon I encounter, though...
Probably, It'll mess with white Forrest/ Black city too.

Roto13

Mank said:
Hide and seek was fine for me. Everything else lagged to a hellish degree and made a pain of itself. Grabbed a Tangela.
The only thing that lagged for me was that water spout game. It was running at like half speed, which I guess kind of gave me an edge. :p It's weird that it didn't make my computer burst into flames like most flash things do.

Morokh

Roto13 said:
24 hour timer. >_> Boo.

wait what ? o_O

the thing wouldn't even work and now i'm stuck for 24 hours .....

And for people who own the two versions of the game you only got 1 shot for one of the games / day (on the same account)

Oh, no. I caught one the other day after having some issues. Now I'm fighting them in the 7th Gym. I hate the fuckers.

Of course now I'm trying to catch a damn Basculin with 1HP left.

MicH

I just played 4 ranked matches (won 2, lost 2) and had no one ragequit. Seems I had luck with my opponents :p Also, I hate Zoroark! Especially in the Subway, good grief.

Disguises

Pretty overwhelmed by the global link. So much to take in - pretty confusing. Should be ok now that I've gone through the process once though. However, I can't see myself using it in a months time :/

Andrefpvs

The Broken Ska Record said:
How does the Dream World website still say "Processing Registration. Please wait five minutes."? It's been over half an hour. :mad:

Yeah, same here. Except I've been waiting for 2 hours :(

Wanna be Dream World friends when we eventually connect? Just out of mutual pity.

OMG Aero

After an hour of seeing that "Come back in 5 minutes" message I decided to take my Pokemon back and try again, only to find out that once you take a Pokemon back you can't send another one to Dream World for 24 hours. :(

At least I got my new Pokedex skin when I got my Pokemon back though.

Firestorm

Holy Order Sol said:
I don't know about WishMKR, but back when I used simulators and went on other servers that had different rules, they all seemed to define themselves in opposition to smogon for the sake of it, which led me not to take them seriously. I've had enough of the stupid so-called site/community wars with French Pokémon sites. :/

Things were just easier when the majority of people would just follow the tiers.
I agree. I really liked how Smogon could play that role up until around mid-Generation IV when the site became far too democratic and bogged down with an attitude that anything that is too hard to beat should be banned. There's no chance for any sort of metagame progression from dominance -> counter -> new dominance -> counter to be had because there's a rolling tiering system which bans any element of the game before a counter is found.

jman2050

Does hitting the RNG seed for IVs also determine which pokemon you run into in wild grass? Cause I'm trying to get a perfect ditto but keep running into the exact same clefairy no matter what I do

DMG-01

So I did the Game Sync via the C-Gear and now it says Game Sync is out of energy and to come back tomorrow. I didn't even put a pokemon to sleep. How is it that I figured out this process in Japanese, but I can't figure it out in English?

Unrelated edit: And I just made those avatars too. Time to make new ones. 100x120 was it?

Just got to Dragonspire Tower. There's just something so awesome about going to a new place and finding new Pokémon to catch. Golet. :3

Schmitty said:
Also I have some Zorua eggs soon to be hatched as well.
Can I have a Zorua egg? I don't care any nature/gender or anything. I just missed out on that damn event. :(

Andrefpvs said:
Yeah, same here. Except I've been waiting for 2 hours :(

Wanna be Dream World friends when we eventually connect? Just out of mutual pity.
Of course!

Just checked and still have the same error. D:

Great, I got it connected and I've apparently already run out of energy and have to wait a day, WTF?!

I haven't even had the chance to put a pokemon to sleep yet, come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom