• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Holy Order Sol said:
You mean official Nintendo rules? Ugh.
They should just stay out of this.

I'd much rather that than Smogon continue down the path they're on.

EDIT: TRU? Why not just make it a wifi event? I hope NoE doesn't expect me to travel into Central London to pick up a Pidove egg...

I just don't like anything related to the developers being involved or having direct control over how a game is played competitively. That's one of the main reasons why I don't play MMORPGs, too.

Wiseblade

Holy Order Sol said:
Could come off as heavy-handed though.

2nlbyh2.jpg

Cromat

Ok, after a rather long time I hatched this:

Vulpix

Nature: Timid
Ability: Drought
Egg moves: Hypnosis

HP - 24
Att - 26
Def - 26
SpA - 31
SpD - 30
Spe - 31

Attack doesn't matter of course, HP and Def leave a bit to be desired. Should I settle for this or keep trying for a better one (i'm thinking of trying a bit more).

JVIDICAN

Cromat said:

Vulpix

HP - 24
Att - 26
Def - 26
SpA - 31
SpD - 30
Spe - 31

Attack doesn't matter of course, HP and Def leave a bit to be desired. Should I settle for this or keep trying for a better one (i'm thinking of trying a bit more).
That looks fine. :/

Cromat said:

Vulpix

HP - 24
Att - 26
Def - 26
SpA - 31
SpD - 30
Spe - 31

This is amazing.

Firestorm

I'd just encourage people to use rules other than Smogon's personally. I'm sure a site centred around competitivelh playing the game will pop up soon. Maybe WishMKR can be that site.
Mush said:
So... is that why Smogon has been down all day for me?
Something borked. It's being worked on.

JVIDICAN

Firestorm said:
I'd just encourage people to use rules other than Smogon's personally. I'm sure a site centred around competitivelh playing the game will pop up soon. Maybe WishMKR can be that site.
Something borked. It's being worked on.
Registering Aipom.com as we speak! :D

Maybe one day.. :[

Victrix said:
Anyone have any idea why I _always_ fail to connect to Nintendo WFC the first time, but it always works the second?
The answer to any and all questions regarding Nintendo Wi-fi: Because it's Nintendo Wi-fi.

Firestorm said:

I don't know about WishMKR, but back when I used simulators and went on other servers that had different rules, they all seemed to define themselves in opposition to smogon for the sake of it, which led me not to take them seriously. I've had enough of the stupid so-called site/community wars with French Pokémon sites. :/

Things were just easier when the majority of people would just follow the tiers.

grumpy

So, Global Link is basically a web based Pokéwalker, with an interface designed by Willy Wonka... I really don't know what to make of this :\

Also, OMGWTFBBQ @ the awesome, out-of-place, epic music that plays at the Entralink field... Damn, this game just keeps on giving :p

Cromat

Am I correct in understanding that you can't actually encounter Dream World pokemon without playing with another person locally/having two DSs and carts?

Roto13

Cromat said:
Am I correct in understanding that you can't actually encounter Dream World pokemon without playing with another person locally/having two DSs and carts?
Why would you think that?

EDIT: Got me a Dream World Exeggcute. Neat. I really wish this had been available from launch, though. It would have been a lot more fun and useful if I didn't already have every Pokemon ever. :p

Cromat said:

You're incorrect. You just need wifi access to sync your game up with the site.

Got lotad today. Its dream world ability is pretty meh though (Own Tempo). Had a chance to get a mareep, but the game it wanted me to play sucked. Had to search around a forest for pichu.

I wish you could use it more than once a day though. It'll probably take me forever to get the pokemon I want at this rate.

Roto13

I played that same game with Mareep, except it was underwater looking for a Luvdisc. That game sucks. The other minigames I played were alright, though.

Morokh

Anyone in Europe managed to get acess to the dream world ?

the website, log-in etc .. works but impossible to access dream world xD

MicH

Just got a Regenerator Tangela. Does anyone know how to get your Eeveelution?

EDIT: Yeah, I'm in Europe and it worked for me. Took some time though, but I thought that was the servers being hammered.

Wiseblade

I haven't been able to get on DW yet. I keep getting the message:

"Processing registration data. Please wait before trying again. It may take five minutes or longer to complete the process."

Morokh

Wiseblade said:
I haven't been able to get on DW yet. I keep getting the message:

"Processing registration data. Please wait before trying again. It may take five minutes or longer to complete the process."

yep that's it ! and it has been half an hour now T_T

Cromat

GoldenChicken said:
You're incorrect. You just need wifi access to sync your game up with the site.

Got lotad today. Its dream world ability is pretty meh though (Own Tempo). Had a chance to get a mareep, but the game it wanted me to play sucked. Had to search around a forest for pichu.

I wish you could use it more than once a day though. It'll probably take me forever to get the pokemon I want at this rate.

Really? Great :)
I thought you had to use Entralink for that... isn't it local only?

Gravijah

Cromat said:

You go into the entralink to get the Pokemon, but you don't need anyone else for that. There's a forest to the north in there where you get the Pokemon.

Boogiepop

Yessss. Dream World!
So... with the Espeon, should I be soft reseting or anything, or just pick it up and I can breed for a better one later?

Mank said:
Yessss. Dream World!
So... with the Espeon, should I be soft reseting or anything, or just pick it up and I can breed for a better one later?
Soft reset for a female(If that how the dream world pokemon work.) and breed.

upandaway

MatthewB92 said:
Soft reset for a female(If that how the dream world pokemon work.) and breed.
I think it goes like this

Dream Word male + normal female = no ability
Normal/Dream World male + Dream World female = chance for ability

So you can't just breed the DW one with a different female Espeon for another DW Espeon.

Xavien

Cromat said:

You need to go to the entralink (Entree Forest i think, north of the entralink clearing) to pickup the pokemon after you send them back from the dream world, however that requires standard wifi, not local. You can access entralink as long as you have C-Gear enabled.

Processing data after tucking in my Zorua for me too :(

Roto13

On the main page of the Pokemon GL site, you can click "customize" to change your Pokedex skin. I'm not entirely sure how to actually get your skin to change in game, though. I'm guessing you have to do it on the site and then go to Game Sync from the C-Gear, but I apparently won't be able to do that again until tomorrow. :p

Roto13 said:
On the main page of the Pokemon GL site, you can click "customize" to change your Pokedex skin. I'm not entirely sure how to actually get your skin to change in game, though. I'm guessing you have to do it on the site and then go to Game Sync from the C-Gear, but I apparently won't be able to do that again until tomorrow. :p
Yea I changed it and nothing happen in game lol. Guess I'll wait. Milotic is sleeping like a baby :)

Wichu

BTW guys, if I recall correctly, the Dream World Eevee evolutions are always male, so you can't breed them to pass on the ability. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Woffls

OHMYGOD! These links are so global! I can see other people's profile ID's, but not mine for sharing :( Anyone found out how to do this yet? roto13 and Gravijah have shown up on my Pal Roster because I've traded with them before. Pretty cool so far, but it's getting hammered like someone at a Cannibal Corpse gig with an open bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom