• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

btkadams said:
i've been headbutting this tree in ss looking for pineco for like an hour and a half!!! fuck thissssss
Not every Pokemon is in every tree. Each tree has a certain set of Pokemon in it and will only give you those, no matter how many times you headbutt it. So move to another tree before you get brain damage. :p

SolarPowered said:
I beat it three times and I just gave up once I got a Jolteon. I really wanted that Espeon too...

:/
I've no idea why people are having so much trouble with it or equating getting an Espeon to 'hitting gold'. It's a game created for a children's website and it's extremely easy...

You just aim to catch the elements of the kind of Evee-lution you want. In your case, avoid all elements until the last two stages and grab all the pink psychic ones to snag an Espeon.

Schmitty

Blue_Gecko said:
I've no idea why people are having so much trouble with it or equating getting an Espeon to 'hitting gold'. It's a game created for a children's website and it's extremely easy...

You just aim to catch the elements of the kind of Evee-lution you want. In your case, avoid all elements until the last two stages and grab all the pink psychic ones to snag an Espeon.
Just beat it finally. Using a track pad on a laptop was the hard part.

btkadams

Roto13 said:
Not every Pokemon is in every tree. Each tree has a certain set of Pokemon in it and will only give you those, no matter how many times you headbutt it. So move to another tree before you get brain damage. :p
even within the same route? so like, pineco should be on this route but he won't be in any tree that gives pokemon?

damn lol.

Firestorm

Wiseblade said:
Wait, Magic Bounce Espeon got banned?! What is wrong with Smogon?

EDIT: Note to self - don't believe everything you read on TVTropes. ¬.¬
The fact that this is believable shows a greater problem with the dumbfuck things certain members of Smogon are doing right now and the reason I refuse to play the clusterfuck that is Smogon Singles OU.

Mush

Firestorm said:
The fact that this is believable shows a greater problem with the dumbfuck things certain members of Smogon are doing right now and the reason I refuse to play the clusterfuck that is Smogon Singles OU.
So... is that why Smogon has been down all day for me?

JVIDICAN

Lets make our own league rules! >:O
It'll be called the Awesome Incredible PokeGAF Online Metagame, AIPOM for short. :p
205px-190Aipom.png

Posting to resubscribe since I changed my name from Blue_Gecko to current. Changed so that it's more related to my other online identities.

Mystery Egg event sounds interesting. I still haven't caught Victini since I plan to use him for easy levelling and hp EVs. There's no time limit on his appearance either, right?

Butane123

Traded my bad nature Thundurus for another on GTS and got this:

Thundurus, Timid

6/27/12/31/17/15

... and then I traded a Gabite for another Thundurus.

Mush

Wichu said:
On my Platinum, my trainer ID is my date of birth. I win.
The wonders of RNG abuse!
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Still got those Dittos? :3

I need Brave, Sassy, Quiet and Relaxed.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

Wichu said:
On my Platinum, my trainer ID is my date of birth. I win.
The wonders of RNG abuse!
How do you find this stuff out?

Oh!
*Turns hat backwards

Anyone wanna ... BATTLE!?!
(Would like to battle before putting my Pokemon on stud status)

EDIT- AVATAR GONE!?!? D':

Wichu

Vanish said:
It would be amazing if anyone here happens to have a male hippopotas or its evolution with slack off and stealth rock on it :)

I also wouldnt mind a male swinub or its evolutions with stealh rock or a ditto with awesome IVs.

I have most pokemon so just ask for what you want and hopefully I'll have it.
I can give you a Ditto. I'm not asking for anything valuable in exchange.
Duelist said:
Can I take a flawless ditto off your hands? :)
Yep, sure. Let me know when you're available.
Roto13 said:
The only game I've ever abused the RNG in was Golden Sun 1, and that was really easy. The RNG seems way too strict for me to put up with in this game. How is it in FireRed? I imagine it must be at least a bit simpler than Black/White since there's no system clock.

Also, whether a Pokemon is a shiny depends on its secret ID and how it compares to your own Trainer ID, right? Does that mean it's impossible for there to be a set RNG "formula" to get a shiny that works for everyone?
FR/LG is actually harder. As it doesn't have a clock for seeding, it goes to the next best thing: repeatedly incrementing the seed on the title screen, and choosing the one it's on when you press A. In FR/LG, this appears to be done several thousand times per second. B/W is much easier; 'standard abuse' only requires a time to be hit to the nearest second.
As for shininess, a trainer has both a trainer ID and a secret ID, while a Pokémon has what is generally known as a personality ID. Shininess depends on all three (the game simply XORs all the 2-byte chunk together, and checks whether the result is less than 8). So not only would the seeds that yield a shiny change between saves, but you'd also need to know your trainer's secret ID. This can be found by either cheating (Action Replay, Pokésav, private GTS servers), or if you started your current save file on a DS/DS Lite, brute-forcing the RNG to find the seed on the date/time you started it that yields your trainer ID, and from that, getting the secret ID (DSi and 3DS seeding hasn't been figured out yet).
Black-Wind said:
What exactly is a RNG used for and where can I get one for Gen 5? Everything I see for it links to Smogon and that link is down.
Smogon is indeed currently down. But here's a download link for RNG Reporter, and here's a pretty good video tutorial (and part 2).
Mush said:
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Still got those Dittos? :3

I need Brave, Sassy, Quiet and Relaxed.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
I only have Sassy; you'll have to get the other parent with the correct nature for the others (I think Everstone works on either parent).

Does having C-Gear communications turned on all day drain anyone else's 3DS batteries like a bitch? I played like 20 minutes of White this morning on full battery, closed the lid and maybe 11 hours later, I get a red flashing low battery light when I go to play on my way home.

Does C-Gear do anything useful? Also, does Streetpass still do its thing when you're in DS mode?

Wichu

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Does C-Gear do anything useful? Also, does Streetpass still do its thing when you're in DS mode?
Well, it does the survey you've set (the pie chart icon on the touch screen). StreetPass doesn't work in DS mode, unfortunately.
Mush said:
http://i.imgur.com/hf4jo.png[IMG]

Golfham, Wichu.

Golfham.[/QUOTE]
[URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27046652&postcount=18876"]I did say...[/URL] I have 3 more identical ones (they only take a few minutes each), so don't feel bad about it. [spoiler]It's legit (unless you're a RNG purist that counts changing the DS clock as cheating)[/spoiler]

OMG Aero

Hey Wichu, are you still around to trade me a Ditto?
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Does having C-Gear communications turned on all day drain anyone else's 3DS batteries like a bitch? I played like 20 minutes of White this morning on full battery, closed the lid and maybe 11 hours later, I get a red flashing low battery light when I go to play on my way home.

Well if you have wireless communications on all day, the battery is going to drain faster than otherwise. The red light you get after opening it up is probably due to the 3DS' lower battery length, on my DS Lite I can usually play for a couple of hours after having the C-Gear on all day before I get the red light.

As far as I can tell, when your DS is closed the C-Gear can still detect people but the most it can do is gather survey data. The C-Gear is only really useful when you are actually playing the game and other people around you are too.

Wichu

OMG Aero said:
Hey Wichu, are you still around to trade me a Ditto?
Yep, going online now.
EDIT: I restocked with Dittos (this time bringing a Pokémon with Sleep Powder for faster catching); I now have 11 flawless ones and 3 0-Speed ones remaining.

OMG Aero

Wichu said:
Yep, going online now.
EDIT: I restocked with Dittos (this time bringing a Pokémon with Sleep Powder for faster catching); I now have 11 flawless ones and 3 0-Speed ones remaining.
I just added you and am going online now. Could I get a flawless one please?
Thanks a lot for the Ditto :D

Roto13

Wichu said:
FR/LG is actually harder. As it doesn't have a clock for seeding, it goes to the next best thing: repeatedly incrementing the seed on the title screen, and choosing the one it's on when you press A. In FR/LG, this appears to be done several thousand times per second. B/W is much easier; 'standard abuse' only requires a time to be hit to the nearest second.
As for shininess, a trainer has both a trainer ID and a secret ID, while a Pokémon has what is generally known as a personality ID. Shininess depends on all three (the game simply XORs all the 2-byte chunk together, and checks whether the result is less than 8). So not only would the seeds that yield a shiny change between saves, but you'd also need to know your trainer's secret ID. This can be found by either cheating (Action Replay, Pokésav, private GTS servers), or if you started your current save file on a DS/DS Lite, brute-forcing the RNG to find the seed on the date/time you started it that yields your trainer ID, and from that, getting the secret ID (DSi and 3DS seeding hasn't been figured out yet).
Well, considering I don't care about IVs or natures, it looks like I will never bother with the RNG. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom