• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Got a Hoppip. Woo! Dunno if I like his ability (at least it's a little useful on non-Sunny teams) but man I love Jumpluff so much I just couldn't help it. And the other two I got were Runaway Oddish and Guts Shinx anyway so fuck those people.

Do I need to tuck in a Pokemon every single day...? That's kind of annoying. Why wake him up, you're gonna make him go to sleep tomorrow anyway. Just let him keep sleeping while you download the good stuff.

But who cares I got a DW Hoppip! A special Jumpluff = a happy me.

Where do I get my Jolteon? I'm supposed to get one right?

Xavien

2nd day of DW here, you can return to home and come back to the island as many times as you like (until you make a wish at the tree then you cant), however there seems to be a finite amount of pokemon and items on the island (i got to choose between 11 pokemon), lots of items though, 2 pass orbs and about 7-8 berries.

Sadly got no pokemon this time that i couldn't already get in my game (swarms or white forest) :(

oh, also, i put my ID in first before putting a pokemon to sleep and i had no trouble getting into DW, maybe i was lucky?

upandaway said:
Got a Hoppip. Woo! Dunno if I like his ability (at least it's a little useful on non-Sunny teams) but man I love Jumpluff so much I just couldn't help it. And the other two I got were Runaway Oddish and Guts Shinx anyway so fuck those people.

Do I need to tuck in a Pokemon every single day...? That's kind of annoying. Why wake him up, you're gonna make him go to sleep tomorrow anyway. Just let him keep sleeping while you download the good stuff.

But who cares I got a DW Hoppip! A special Jumpluff = a happy me.

Where do I get my Jolteon? I'm supposed to get one right?

I guess if they slept 24/7 they would be dead pretty soon. But yes every day you need to sleep your pokemon, the ability to sleep resets at midnight on the DS clock, but DW access is a 24 hour timer, so you can put your pokemon to sleep just after midnight and come back sometime later when DW is available.

Anastacio said:
Getting Pokemon Black and Pokemon White review copies soon, so I take it I can exchange monsters between the two versions if I'm playing one on the DS Lite and another on the 3DS?
After beating the first gym in each game and obtaining the pal pad, yes.

So I put my THROH to sleep and now it tells me that it's still not dreaming, wtf do I have to WAIT some more? :/

I mean with all the drugs and that weird gas it should be hallucinating by now

MicH

You guys seem to have a lot of problems with this :p I haven't experienced a single one, not yesterday nor today. Works perfectly fine. Weird.

Turok_TTZ

Can anyone help me? Been itching to stomp Cynthia for the 3rd time and i just cant seem to meet her anymore. she is nowhere to be seen regardless of whether its summer or spring or any season for that matter. went to changing date and time settings on my 3ds to match the appropriate season and date. still nothing. am I doing something wrong? already waited 2 days during spring and nothing :\

TheOGB

Banned
Damn, looks like Japan's wrecking shit on the GBU. Except that one "Skater" guy from Brazil. He's currently #1.

I like this arranged version of the song, though. Just wish it looped better (and more often :p).

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
What is up, Pokedudes?

I have a couple of questions regarding this whole Dreamworld malarkey and other new-fangled Pokemon technology:

1) I have a Japanese copy of Black. Will I need to log into the Japanese equivalent of Pokemon Global Link and sort out my stuff there? Or are JPN IDs compatible with the UK websites, etc.?

2) What about Wifi events in the UK? I realise my JPN copy probably won't recognise them, but would I be able to get, for instance, a Liberty Pass from a friend (using IR) who has downloaded normally using Mystery Gift?

3) Am I basically screwed over on one-off events and the like unless I live in Japan?

Many thanks for your time :)

Holy wow. I raised my Cryogonal from level 31 to 40 through the 8th gym. I gave it Nevermeltice and it DECIMATED the whole gym. If I was lucky enough to get off Ice Beam first (which I always was), I OHKO'd everything. He is definitely part of my team for the E4.

Oh, is there some sort of "weakness calculator" that will determine which types my team is strong/weak against? I seem to remember something similar to that for HGSS, but I can't remember.

yeb

Finally got past the waiting period so I could tuck a pokemon in. It went to sleep within a couple minutes, I went to the website, and I saw Fennel. Then I come here and see this:
Wiseblade said:
You know what Fennel? You can go right ahead and die.
IAWTP.
The Broken Ska Record said:
Oh, is there some sort of "weakness calculator" that will determine which types my team is strong/weak against? I seem to remember something similar to that for HGSS, but I can't remember.
http://pokemon.marriland.com/black_white/team_builder

There ya go.

Roto13

Apparently three of the Pokemon on my team are weak to Ice. :p
Turok_TTZ said:
Can anyone help me? Been itching to stomp Cynthia for the 3rd time and i just cant seem to meet her anymore. she is nowhere to be seen regardless of whether its summer or spring or any season for that matter. went to changing date and time settings on my 3ds to match the appropriate season and date. still nothing. am I doing something wrong? already waited 2 days during spring and nothing :\
I think events don't work for a day if you change the clock.

The Broken Ska Record said:
Three of mine are weak to Ground. :/

Looking up the E4, that doesn't matter too much. Too bad I spoiled a bit of the story for myself. :/
You stupid whore, why would you look up that stuff!? Part of the fun is seeing what Pokemon gym leaders/the E4 will pack and how bad/good you did in choosing your team up until that point!

So half my team is weak to Fire, and another half is weak to Rock. Not surprising since I picked on what I wanted to use really.

In other news, still getting Fennel blocked.

dragonlife29 said:
You stupid whore, why would you look up that stuff!? Part of the fun is seeing what Pokemon gym leaders/the E4 will pack and how bad/good you did in choosing your team up until that point!
Not really. I like to be prepared. It's just like learning a gym leader's type before fighting them.

As for spoilers, I was talking about what happens right after you beat the E4...bitch.

isny

napkin dispenser
Flame Body Ponyta on day 2. Much better than the Doduo from day 1. Now I just need to figure out how to get my Jolteon? Is everyone still clueless on this? lol

Gravijah

isny said:
Flame Body Ponyta on day 2. Much better than the Doduo from day 1. Now I just need to figure out how to get my Jolteon? Is everyone still clueless on this? lol

Someone said we don't get them until May 5th.

Does anyone have an extra Flying Gem they can give me?

I don't know what I can trade in return though for that sort of request; you'd have to ask for something.

Boss Man

isny said:
Trying, it's being real slow. =(

Going to try restarting.
Gonna try going out and coming back in as well.

e. I have a ton of baby Axews if you want one.
Idk why I thought Fraxure was a trade evolve ><

Thank you!

hermit7

Anyone willing to assist me in helping me evolve my Fraxure?

If you need any I will help as well.

Never mind. The above posters had me confused.

Butane123

So does anyone else get a problem where the dream world section of the site won't even load?

It just stays at 0% at me regardless of how long I have it open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom